Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
I was happy to see us not take the rats crap. We were definitely not "out-physicalled" like we've been in the past, and in fact imposed our will on them for a change. It was a beautiful thing to see. Especially when Chubb ran it 88 yards untouched right after they drove down and scored. Thing of beauty.

Yes, and #88 TE Harris made a great block on that play too.

[Linked Image]

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Why would you give a crap about earl thomas thoughts??

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Pretty clear that the ravens goal was to take Miles and Odell out of the game and to that end, they totally succeeded. We just have enough depth now to still win. This is really how stars make your team better. They soak up all the attention and allow the second level guys to rise.

We played much faster and smarter. We’re still pretty sloppy but we weren’t doing abjectly stupid things. Fewer penalties. All around better execution. But I’m not confident we’ve turned a corner really. We still have a lot of work to do. Buuuut I’ll take it!

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
The last 19 minutes, 4 m to go in the 3rd, the score is 24-10

The last 19 minutes was inconsistent, shaky, and streaky.

Breaks and big plays went the Browns way,

But as a whole there was no fluid sense of consistency for the 4th quarter.

WT#...Go away!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
i want to know how this guy was allowed to stay in the game...I seriously think every ref on the field today should be fired.. you want to talk about player safety but actually watch and allow this:

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BADdog
That official should be fired. That player should be fined and suspended

Should have been ejected too.

Robinson was ejected for less in week 1, not saying he shouldn't have but.....

B
1st String
1st String
B
Well, first off, it feels damn good to be in first place with after a BIG win today against a division rival, even if it's only week to week right now.

I think the OL played a very good game, having Hubbard back sure does help. Solid enough pass protection and very good run blocking. Chubb's 88 yard TD run was a thing of beauty. Good running by the backs, both Chubb and Hiliard.

The surprise of the game was probably Ricky Seals-Jones, what an effort today, had the first TD, had a big 59 yard catch, and picked up a very critical first down late in the game. Landry also had a big game, nice to see him with a solid effort.

Nice 43 yard FG by Siebert, he's winning me over. lol The Scottish Hammer is, well, The Scottish Hammer, a few nice punts when we did see him but in all honesty, I like it better not seeing him much, means we're sustaining offensive drives and that's one thing that heavily contributes to winning.

The D, what can I say, they played very well, got some pressure on Jackson, kept him and Ingram in check, for the most part, and got some turnovers. That is exactly what you want from your defense. Although, I'll admit, when the Rats scored their second TD and got the 2 point conversion, every game we've blown a lead in, flashed through my head, and I thought, oh no, please, not again. lol

I thought both the play calling and execution were much better today than we've seen most of the time, especially with the offense, the Jets game was not a good measuring stick, due to the Jets own issues.

If this team can keep up play like this, we can certainly win more games than we lose, and NE barely beat the Bills today, so that game is NOT an auto win for NE. JMO

But first, we have S.F. to contend with, one game at a time I love that this team didn't fold when the Rats were making a comeback, they just kept plugging away and finally put the game away. Go Browns.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Pretty clear that the ravens goal was to take Miles and Odell out of the game and to that end, they totally succeeded. We just have enough depth now to still win. This is really how stars make your team better. They soak up all the attention and allow the second level guys to rise.

Yes, nice observation. thumbsup

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
i want to know how this guy was allowed to stay in the game...I seriously think every ref on the field today should be fired.. you want to talk about player safety but actually watch and allow this:

Good on freddie that was just just criminal. It wasn’t even a borderline judgement call

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
1. Vice Grips was a BEAST!

2. Chubb IS the best running back in the NFL - Bar none.

3. Our D is going to be as special as we thought it was going to be.

4. Ricky Seals Jones is a new threat to opposing defenses.

5. We should get Higgins and Calloway back on Monday Night.

6. Baker finally trusted the OL and let his playmakers take the pressure off himself.

7. We are in the lead in the AFC North after beating the Rats and Pittsburgh is still WINLESS!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Beauty post.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
good on freddie sticking up for obj

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
Legend
L
Every time I hear Ricky Sears-Jones it reminds me Rickie Lee Jones.
Just an aside. wink

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend

The more I watch this, the more my blood boils. He is PUSHING HIM ACROSS THE FIELD in a choke hold. That's an ejection, a fine and a suspension! Unheard of!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1671558 09/29/19 05:38 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: FATE

The more I watch this, the more my blood boils. He is PUSHING HIM ACROSS THE FIELD in a choke hold. That's an ejection, a fine and a suspension! Unheard of!

with the official watching right on top of it.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think it’d be cool for OBJ to say GREAT WIN or something ... despite him having no numbers today. (Not sure if he was interviewed)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
1st String
1st String
B
yeah, the ref should be fired, I agree, that was a very bad non call, I'll bet if that were happening to the Squealers or Pats, the flag would have dropped, at theleast, and possibly an ejection. Freddie should complain long and loud.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I wish this clip showed the whole thing, He was mugging OBJ when they were standing, then he threw OBJ to the ground and the ref just stood there and watched the entire time. POS.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Was there no flag on that play or was that the play with the 4 personal fouls called?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
L
Legend
Legend
L
If the ref was mic’d up you’d probably hear him yelling “FINISH HIM!”

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
FATE #1671568 09/29/19 05:45 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M

Let your blood boil some more.....

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Haha “hey, stop, don’t” in his quietest voice

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
Full clip.. actuall makes it worse

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
are you serious??? They showed a graphic with us scoring on 5 or 6 drives in a row. What the heck do you want other than to complain???

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Let your blood boil some more.....

Shawn Hochuli is the same a-hole that said it was okay to spear Baker in the head last year.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
-Everything started working on offense when we ran, and Baker also committed to throwing underneath passes.

-Kudos to Dorsey for finding our depth.

-I really enjoy the Ravens offense. They've got a great offensive line.

-OBJ didn't have a stat line, yet his prescence was felt in the stats that our TE, Jarvis, Chubb, Ratley, and our backup RB put up.

-Garret had a rough day, but I think that speaks to how good their offensive line is.

-Lamar, when forced to pass, looks quite ordinary. Harbaugh does a nice job building an offense to bring out the strengths of his QB.

-Baker showed disciplined, found the mismatch, and went through lots of different reads.

-Nick Chubb...nuff said.

F
Rookie
Rookie
F
Big Big Big win! Kudos to Freddie and the team. Freddie made some adjustments. Our D was physical. We have more talent than they do.

First place.

Go Browns!!!!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Late in the game I started hearing this recurring sound on tv. It was an, "uh uh" that would repeat every few seconds. I suddenly realized I heard, "Here we go, Brownies! Here we go! Woof woof!" Thanks to the Browns fans in the stadium for making my day.

Good O and D today. Can't say much more. This is what I've been waiting for all season.

That ref should be fined for his ignored felony. I know ravens players have gotten away with felonies before, but it shouldn't happen on the field.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Garret had a rough day, but I think that speaks to how good their offensive line is.

Their Left Tackle (Stanley?) owned him all day.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
rocket, I do not think baker was sacked and nick went off for what, 175 yards or so. I would say our o line did a pretty good job too.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I also liked that we had our big run to the right ... that broke tendency this year thus far

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
rocket, I do not think baker was sacked and nick went off for what, 175 yards or so. I would say our o line did a pretty good job too.

I agree. I'm just amazed at what their Oline can do to make Lamar look unstoppable at times.

E
Legend
Legend
E
The Browns D disagrees with you, and they are correct.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
Damn right.

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That Rocket Dude is not a Rocket Scientist by far.
rofl

1st String
1st String
Chubb is so hard to bring down.im pretty sure he lead the league in yards after contact coming in to this game and he just added more to his total in that dominating performance

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Truth is Ratley is not a #3 receiver. When antonio and rashard are back, hopefully next week for both, ratley will be special teams only.

Last edited by keithfromxenia; 09/29/19 06:23 PM.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
The opening drive made me think that Kitchens didn't learn a thing from last week, then suddenly he started focusing on the ground game and won my confidence. I hope that this because the game plan from here on. If teams take away the run by stacking the box, we've got some amazing vertical threats to compensate. The skill set of this offense compliments the ability to shift strategies on the fly. Baker finally settled in and trusted his pocket instead of bailing too early like last week. this shows that he's learning from past mistakes.

On Lamar Jackson: Lamar Jackson is the QB I thought he was. He's Vick 2.0 without Vick's throwing ability. Once you shut down the Baltimore running game and force them into throwing situations, you've won the game. The key is to get ahead early and by a lot. I'm not convinced that Lamar Jackson can carry his team with his arm. Those numbers from the first 3 weeks were greatly fluffed by opening the season with the 2 worst teams in the NFL.

Oh, and the refs suck and allow opposing teams to molest the Browns. I think the NFL loves to have certain teams to remain in the cellar, regardless of talent on the roster. The proof is in the obvious catch out of bounds that required the coach to challenge and the OBJ attempted homicide on the field.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
That Rocket Dude is not a Rocket Scientist by far.
rofl

At least I'm not vain enough to like my own posts.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 40 Ravens 25 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard