Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yes, Ratley had a pretty poor day today to put it mildly ... getting Callaway and Higgins will br nice

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
The Browns D disagrees with you, and they are correct.

Their Oline swallowed Myles the entire game.

At least give good play credit. This isn't a knock on our guys at all.

L
Legend
Legend
L
He does that?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

We weren't hurt by any phase of the game. Our ST did not allow any returns. Our kicking was consistent.

Steve Wilks. It's time to stop with the questioning and skepticism. He had a solid game plan and the team executed it. Same was true last week in the loss against the Rams. To get this level of performance out of this secondary with the players absent is a credit to the DC. We should be better for it as the season goes on.

We have dealt with the adversity of having guys out on both sides of the ball. The team has not allowed this to be an excuse.

We were equal to the physicality of the Ravens.

Whatever was happening, that prevented offensive play calls into Baker in a timely manner has been solved. Good job Freddie and Monken on that one.

Today we were able to execute a gameplan that took advantage of the specific weaknesses of the Ravens. Hopefully, we become more adept at that week by week.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
The Browns D disagrees with you, and they are correct.

Their Oline swallowed Myles the entire game.

At least give good play credit. This isn't a knock on our guys at all.

They played 2 crappy teams and won. Then they got stopped by us.

I don't give enemies credit. I spit on their grave.

No Craps Given
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree with all the opinions expressed about the "assault" on OBJ because that's just what it was. The player should not only have been thrown out but suspended and fined by the league. The ref should be fired. This happens to us too much and yet we are flagged for so many questionable violations. Ridiculous!!!!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Did anybody notice if Richardson came back in the game?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Think I like you eve!!!!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
Think I like you eve!!!!

Muahs

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Chubb on his 88yd TD:

"Anybody could have ran through that hole"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Didn't expect a blow out win against Baltimore. Way to go Browns. Huge win today over a divisional team. 1st place in the division. GO BROWNIES, WOOF WOOF!

FATE #1671614 09/29/19 06:51 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE
Chubb on his 88yd TD:

"Anybody could have ran through that hole"

lol surely not I

Legend
Legend
But my favorite quote of the day:

"I don't give enemies credit. I spit on their grave."

Classic. thumbsup

C
Legend
Legend
C
Posting this having not read any other posts:

That was the 2018 offense. We ran a ton of 12 personnel. There were a few creative plays (the double reverse pass and the option shovel pass to Landry).

Baker only left the pocket early once or twice. That's a huge improvement.

Obviously Nick Chubb was outstanding. He also had a few great blocks in pass protection.

Eric Murray impressed me a ton last week and made a few nice plays today.

Why do we try and return every kick?

On the long pass to RSJ and the TD to RSJ the Ravens DBs doubled OBJ and it left the tight end wide open. OBJ didn't have many yards but he impacted the passing game a ton.

Landry's ability with the ball in his hands is so great.

It seemed like the goal of our edge rushers was not to get pressure necessarily but to hold the edge and keep Lamar Jackson in the pocket. This is known as the mush rush, it's a strategy the Patriots use against mobile QBs all the time.

Joe Schobert was everywhere. He's great. Pay the man.

Jermaine Whitehead made the big INT but it seems like he's consistently out of position. I'm hoping he's the guy that loses snaps when everyone gets healthy.

Our depth at corner is tremendous. We lost our two starters and haven't really missed a beat.

Steve Wilks had some perfectly timed blitzes today. He hasn't blitzed nearly as much as I thought he was going to this year. He has been a huge hire.

Having Damarious Randall back gives me a ton of confidence. He is highly competent.

Chris Hubbard seemed to be a huge improvement over McCray.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Two points: Yes, Schobert with 17 tackles ... wow

And our backup CBs have been so good ... and against the run. That’s a huge bonus w/our depth

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c....

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think Harbaugh kinda knew they couldn’t stop us based on going for 2 and them going for that 4th down

O
Legend
Legend
O
Yeah, I can't believe they went for it with the time they had left and where they were.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I think Harbaugh kinda knew they couldn’t stop us based on going for 2 and them going for that 4th down

Those are two plays that the numbers would say to do. The two point worked (it also forced us into a rushed decision in going for two points). The fourth down play would have worked if Lamar Jackson threw it to the right spot.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Yeah, I can't believe they went for it with the time they had left and where they were.

The numbers would suggest that if you punt the ball away you are losing anyway. It was ballsy but the right call and I would hope our head coach would make the same call.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

The numbers would suggest that if you punt the ball away you are losing anyway. It was ballsy but the right call and I would hope our head coach would make the same call.

I assume you're taking some liberties with what the "numbers say"... you're down by 12 with NINE minutes left at your own 30.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
congrats on the big win!

#gmstrong
FATE #1671653 09/29/19 07:23 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C

I assume you're taking some liberties with what the "numbers say"... you're down by 12 with NINE minutes left at your own 30.

If you punt the ball away you lose. If you go for it on fourth down and convert you still have a chance.

O
Legend
Legend
O

If you punt the ball away you lose. If you go for it on fourth down and convert you still have a chance.

Yeah, I was talking more about the 9 minutes left in the game part. Game was not out of hand at that point, and you've got most of the quarter to work with.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

--Baker played good, He made a lot of plays in the passing game. He took care of the ball and made some nice throws.

--The play calling was better. There was a clear emphasis on having Baker get rid of the ball quicker and we didn't abandon the run.

--The OL was outstanding. They gave Baker a ton of time and opened holes for our backs. This Kush guy is underrated. Did anyone else see him take out two different defenders on Chubb's long run?

--The D is getting pressure and playing smart. The DBs played well and Joe S had another outstanding game.

--Our rookie kicker is quietly doing his job.

--This was a huge win for the team. I think it should turn the season around. I don't like making too much about an early season game, but this win was way more important than normal.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
J/c

Looking at the stats, I see that Baker was 20/30 today .. to me, that is IDEAL

O
Legend
Legend
O
I gotta go and rewatch. Most of the game, for me, was spent following the online gametracker and listening to the radio. It seemed like Chubb was running hard without much to show for it until the second half. Kudos to the playcalling for feeding him throughout.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
Can't believe I forgot to mention this:

--OBJ drew a ton of attention today. He didn't have the numbers, but his presence really helped the other guys.

--Landry was spectacular. He is such a tough guy and he made one huge play after another. He also got a couple of bad spots. I hope he can play next week. We need him.

--Seals-Jones looked good. He seems quicker than the other TEs.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Am I the only one who thinks Ward and Williams should make sure they heal up nice before coming back?

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
Am I the only one who thinks Ward and Williams should make sure they heal up nice before coming back?

i would be right there with you if our bye was in two weeks. but we got two big games before the bye. as admirable as our secondary is playing, we still need those guys.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

i would be right there with you if our bye was in two weeks. but we got two big games before the bye. as admirable as our secondary is playing, we still need those guys.
Lol maybe the better question: do THEY think it’s important to get on the FIELD asap given the last two games’ secondary performance

L
Legend
Legend
L
They are playing better then anyone thought they would, after our injuries.

gmstrong

-----------------

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Nick Chubb is a fast man..not just fast for a big man but a fast man. He made the Raven's secondary look like offensive linemen. He blew by them like they were standing still. WoW!

V
Legend
Legend
V
It's kinda hard to see in this video, but this is the play I was talking about before where Kush blocks one guy, then comes off of him and takes out a second guy. Both blocks were instrumental in springing Chubb's big run.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
A good win against a good team.

I hope these last two weeks help the team realize, and internalize the fact that they CAN beat good teams. I’m sure they’ve heard the claims that they only beat bad teams last year. They should build fro here.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Good point. We just beat a team w/who had a winning record. Very cool.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Did you notice baker running towards the assault I am certain to back up his wide receiver. Another example of his leadership.

Legend
Legend

Long ago when I played I was told by our coach that the game is won or lost at the line of scrimmage.

That clearly was the case today. The Ravens like to enforce their will at the LOS. Today they were unable to do that.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Good point. We just beat a team w/who had a winning record. Very cool.

On the road to boot.

How often do we get to see the home team fans hustling to the exits early while ours hang around and do here we go Brownies chants?

Loved it.

Legend
Legend
I quickly watched the game... fast forwarding through some pawrts..

O line played well... baker stayed in pocket more and moved up rather than out.... Chubb is awesome... got some timely turnovers.... hope Landry isn't ok... time to get a winning record in national tv....

<><

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 40 Ravens 25 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard