Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
Okay, thanks I didn’t know that

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
I love Schobert, but I do not think we will pony up on him. I think we roll the dice on Taki Taki. Just a feeling.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FrankPitts
I love Schobert, but I do not think we will pony up on him. I think we roll the dice on Taki Taki. Just a feeling.

That would be a shame, he's playing amazingly this year (again)

Legend
Legend
Agreed. Unless Takitaki outright TAKES the job, you have to recognize and pay the talent.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[quote=FrankPitts]I love Schobert, but I do not think we will pony up on him. I think we roll the dice on Taki Taki. Just a feeling. [/quote
]

We better. He has been the heart and soul of the defense. He is a top 10 mlb in the league. It not like we are going to get a mlb in the top 10 in the nfl if his last name isnt Schobert.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
J/C

Has Taki Taki gotten any time yet? I don’t even remember his name on STs

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Nothing on defense. 52 snaps on Special Teams, which I think is 6th most on the team.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Nothing on defense. 52 snaps on Special Teams, which I think is 6th most on the team.
Okay thanks, I knew I hadn’t seen him on D

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
FATE, I really enjoyed your last post. Perspective and well-reasoned arguments, I'm a fan.

Although I agree with what you wrote that's not always necessary. Sometimes the best posts are the ones where the writer actually causes you to reconsider your preconceived opinion.

Anyway thanks, good post.

Legend
Legend
Thanks boss, I appreciate that. As fans, we can all tend to be a little short in the perspective dept this time of year, I'm as guilty as anyone.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
E
Legend
Legend
E
Did I miss something, Ward n Greedy haven't played the last couple of games due to injury...How can he be trashed when he isn't playing.

Outside of being fra-gil-ee "I think its Italian" he is a very good CB. Greedy I just haven't seen enough yet, I have been happy with his tackling considering his reputation of being a non tackler.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
I WANT to see Takitaki play more, but I can't remember seeing him at all lately. That said, I plan to play Schobert. He is having a solid year and has really anchored the defense. I would pay the man, but I am always shopping for a real mauler in our middle.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
It is what it is with Wilkes. He probably will get another shot at some point. It probably won't be for a couple of years since he was just released for that position last year. It usually takes a few years before that comes around.

That said, with the Rooney rule, he might get interviews, and when that happens, you never know.

As for taking out staff, unless their contracts are up, he can't do that unless we allow it to happen. The only time we could not retain a coach under contract is if a team wants to him him as head coach.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Not the slightest worried about losing staff, its pointless.

We need to win and worry later IMO

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Genard Avery just posted this:

I've yet to see one reasonable explanation as to why he's not playing.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The way this defense is playing, I don't think I'll miss Wilkes a bit if he gets another head coaching gig.

Same ole same ole D from the Brownies.

Bad to no tackling...Never able to set the edge...Continual loss of containment. Should I go on?

Our D is bad right now. Teams can rush on us at "will"kes. Pardon the pun.. brownie

Legend
Legend
The Avery situation is very odd, probably a whole backstory behind it.

That tweet wont do him any favors now either

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
The way this defense is playing, I don't think I'll miss Wilkes a bit if he gets another head coaching gig.

Same ole same ole D from the Brownies.

Bad to no tackling...Never able to set the edge...Continual loss of containment. Should I go on?

Our D is bad right now. Teams can rush on us at "will"kes. Pardon the pun.. brownie

Past 2 years with GW we didn't tackle, players hit and cut and had awful fundamentals.

I think its going to take some time be get back to good tackling and respect for the fundamentals and health of the players instead of targeting players.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
The Avery situation is very odd, probably a whole backstory behind it.

That tweet wont do him any favors now either
Extremely odd, especially since it seemed we found a diamond in the rough. He was on a very good trajectory last year. I don't know if Dorsey would sit idle watching one of his steals of the draft sit for no reason (remember he traded Hyde simply so they had to play Chubb).

There has to be something going on.

Legend
Legend
Mystery to me as well.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Is he trying to get a scholarship?

yebat' Putin
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Nope. Just a snap on defense.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Nope. Just a snap on defense.
Or released

P
Legend
Legend
P
Or traded to somewhere he will get playing time.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here is the future of our defense...and the offense for that matter:

Legend
Legend
Joe Schobert, scheduled to become a free agent, says Browns haven’t offered him a contract extension

https://www.brownszone.com/2019/12/09/no...ract-extension/

Middle linebacker Joe Schobert is ninth in the league with 110 tackles, tied for third with four interceptions and making a strong push for his second Pro Bowl trip in three years.

He said the Browns haven’t offered him a contract extension.

“I let my agent handle all this kind of stuff, but my understanding is we haven’t gotten any offers,” Schobert said Monday. “So can’t really build on it from there.”

Schobert, a fourth-round pick out of Wisconsin in 2016, is in the final year of his rookie deal and scheduled to become a free agent in March. He’s said all along he’d like to stay.

“My No. 1 priority is to play the season out and do the best of my abilities and control what I can control,” he said. “At the moment I let my agent handle all of that stuff. I can’t really control what’s going on, what’s being said upstairs to my agent.

“I trust my agent. He’s going to do what’s best for me. I trust the Browns are going to do what’s best for the organization. In my perfect world, yeah, I’d be in Cleveland.”

The market may have been set Saturday when the Panthers signed Shaq Thompson, a first-round pick in 2015, to a four-year, $54.2 million extension with $28 million guaranteed. His $13 million average salary ranks sixth among NFL inside linebackers, according to spotrac.com.

“My agent texted me after that contract came out but obviously playing as a linebacker in the NFL you like to see stuff like that, especially when you’re in that similar situation,” Schobert said. “But it’s a different scenario, different teams.

“I’m sure after the season we’ll sit down and have some more detailed conversations about things that are going on in that scenario.”

He believes he’s played at a consistently high level throughout the season and would like a return trip to the Pro Bowl.

“Going to the Pro Bowl was great. It was a paid vacation,” Schobert said. “Had a lot of fun down there with the family, always want to go back any opportunity I can, so obviously voting is going on. It’s a social vote, fans vote.

“I’ve tried to push for me and other guys on defense for the Browns to get there because it was a great experience. I’d want anybody who deserves it to be there to be able to experience it. I guess you’ve got to see what happens. Can’t get too caught up in it, though.”

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
I’ll be surprised if we don’t sign him. He’s a good, productive and smart player. And a leader.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I’ll be surprised if we don’t sign him. He’s a good, productive and smart player. And a leader.

Those are the qualities that get you gone around here, lol.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The longer we wait the higher his price goes up. It's important to re-sign players early. Dorsey dropping the ball.

Legend
Legend
He’s saying all the right things ... I hope we end up signing him. He’s become one of our best players

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
He’s saying all the right things ... I hope we end up signing him. He’s become one of our best players
I would not be surprised if we let him walk. Dorsey doesn't seem like a guy that cares too much to keep players he didn't draft, unless that's a crazy special generational talent like Myles.

I could easily see Joe walking without a serious offer.

Legend
Legend
Hope he is back. Doesn't need his ego to be baby-sat. Just a core guy who is playing above my expectations this season. Wake Dorsey.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I don't see how he can't sign him...

I can see us getting the offense figured out next year and then the defense struggles because we have no good linebackers. Wilson hasn't been very good and I don't think Kirksey is going to be here next year. We also traded away Avery.

Unless Takitaki pans out, we're screwed.

Legend
Legend
Absolutely no way Dorsey can let schobert walk.

He’s a big reason our defense is currently ranked 12th. Again, while everybody is complaining our defense, they have performed way better than our offense has, especially since that side of the unit has dealt with more injuries (and major suspension) than the offense.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Teams can't even contact FA's until March 16th concerning free agency. That's over three months from now. It's a little early for people to begin to panic. And that doesn't even consider tagging players.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

A lot cheaper (relatively speaking) to extend players now than to wait until the offseason.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We better sign him period.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

A lot cheaper (relatively speaking) to extend players now than to wait until the offseason.

How so? Do you believe players agents suddenly know their value after the season is over, but not during the season?

I would agree that if the player wants to stay here and the FO wants him here, you can often get a favorable deal. But I don't think the timing of that deal really changes until the FA period starts.

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

How so? Do you believe players agents suddenly know their value after the season is over, but not during the season?

I would agree that if the player wants to stay here and the FO wants him here, you can often get a favorable deal. But I don't think the timing of that deal really changes until the FA period starts.
IDK if its cheaper to do it now, but 1. you at least dont have anyone bidding against yet. 2. Its one less thing you have to focus on come the off season. 3. Doing it early adn fast, shows the team you are ready to take care of your own and reward good play and good teamwork.

As far as the positives of doing it now, we can debate, but i think its obvious there are no negatives smile

P
Legend
Legend
P
There's certainly nothing negative in doing it early. But I will repeat that no other teams can even talk to FA's until March 16th. So as far as other offers there's still plenty of time.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Future of our Defense

Link Copied to Clipboard