Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Over 200,000 students expected to 'stand for Christ' on football fields across the nation

Hundreds of thousands of students are joining together Wednesday on football fields across the nation to encourage their peers to pray, worship, read their Bibles, and commit their lives to Christ.

Fields of Faith, a student-led ministry outreach part of Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) that started in 2004, has seen thousands of kids and young adults tackle tough topics and turn their lives around at the event.

“In a world where bad news seems to be the norm, we’re happy to share the great news that lives are being changed through Fellowship of Christian Athletes’ Fields of Faith,” Jeff Martin, FCA executive director of ministry advancement, told Fox News in a statement. “From the student leaders who take on the responsibility to bring Fields of Faith to their communities to the skeptical or hurting teen who might be attending for the first time, we see time and again that Fields of Faith motivates, energizes, rejuvenates and unites."

Hundreds of thousands of students will participate Wednesday in Fields of Faith across the nation.
Hundreds of thousands of students will participate Wednesday in Fields of Faith across the nation. (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)

Martin added, "Jesus takes hold of lives right there on the athletic fields, and we are continually amazed at what He does each year in young peoples’ lives."

Students at over 500 fields nationwide will be helping their peers face challenges such as hopelessness, loneliness, depression, suicide, drugs, alcohol, and more with the hope of Christ.

A past attendee said it was, "one of the most amazing things I've ever been to. So many people were able to worship God at our school in front of everyone." He says all states and schools should participate.

Fields of Faith, a ministry outreach of Fellowship of Christian Athelets, is a student-led prayer movement on football fields across the nation.

Martin started Fields of Faith with just a few thousand of students in a handful of states, but it has grown to nearly a quarter of a million attendees worldwide. He credits the growth to the "incredible evidence of the Lord’s power and sovereignty, as He leads us to deepen our relationship with Him, talk to Him daily and get into His Word on a regular basis."

“Year after year, it’s an enormous blessing to see all that God has accomplished through the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Fields of Faith,” Martin said. “None of this would be possible without God and the students He raises up to organize these amazing events, where they share how Jesus has changed their lives.”

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-values/students-pray-worship-bible-football-fields

thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
Jesus healed the sick and fed the poor. Jesus was great!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
In this world of hate and political divide it is good to see what is truly important shining through the haze. thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
It is however rather telling when someone posts the topic of Jesus in a political forum.

Jesus isn't a political weapon.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
We have had Atheism and Islam threads started.

It seemed fitting to also bring this subject up.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It is however rather telling when someone posts the topic of Jesus in a political forum.

Jesus isn't a political weapon.

Agreed.

Suppose for a minute that it had been posted in the EE forum. What would your thoughts be?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Pretty much like my first comment was. Jesus what quite a humanitarian. He healed the sick. He fed the poor. He taught love and understanding. The New Testament teaches us things like, "it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to get into God's kingdom." "Love they neighbor as they self."

There are a lot of very valuable lessons Jesus tried to teach us all.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Politically speaking, Jesus taught us this...

Matthew 22:21 Jesus said "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's; and to God the things that are God's."

Romans 13:1 "Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those which exist are established by God."

P
Legend
Legend
P
So we are to obey the law and pay our taxes as required. What is your point there exactly?

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So we are to obey the law and pay our taxes as required. What is your point there exactly?

Reading the entire post would be my point, exactly.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I've been reading it. I even added some very important things some seem willing to overlook in it.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You add to it in an effort to make it a political fight but that is not what this thread is about.

This thread is a celebration of American youth exercising their Right to Free Speech and Religious Freedoms to stand for the Lord during a time when these things are frowned upon and often oppressed.

Good for them! thumbsup
Praise the Lord! thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
I've added things directly from the bible. If you consider tht an attack on your politics you'll have to take that issue up with the people who wrote it.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
i support the kids. as long as they arent being forced, and this is what they want to do, im all for it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This is a student-led prayer movement on football fields across the nation.

Legend
Legend
uh uh. in the military we use to call it mandatory fun day.

like i said, as long as the kids are cool with it, im cool with it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
So? Are you trying to say that praying means you shouldn't know the message Jesus sent to us?

I'm shocked, okay, so I'm not shocked that you don't comprehend the point here.

I think praying to Jesus and the message he sent to us all is a wonderful thing.

If you take issue with that I think that issue lies with a much higher power than me.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
So? Are you trying to say that praying means you shouldn't know the message Jesus sent to us?

I'm shocked, okay, so I'm not shocked that you don't comprehend the point here.

I think praying to Jesus and the message he sent to us all is a wonderful thing.

If you take issue with that I think that issue lies with a much higher power than me.

What? When did he say anything like your first sentence? Dude, quit putting words in people's mouths. What point does lying prove other than you feel an incessant, infantile urge to be 'right'?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I hold no one's religion against them. I agree with what Swish said here.

That said, the only political thing I see here is that these kids will be targeted by their religion to be indoctrinated into far right politics. I know there are Christian dems, but evangelicals and others all but mandate supporting right wing politics with systemic peer pressure from the top.

That's all I have to say on this.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I['m sorry you can't tell the difference between a question and a statement. Not my issue. That's a you problem.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
I['m sorry you can't tell the difference between a question and a statement. Not my issue. That's a you problem.
Quote:
What point does lying prove other than you feel an incessant, infantile urge to be 'right'?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I hold no one's religion against them. I agree with what Swish said here.

That said, the only political thing I see here is that these kids will be targeted by their religion to be indoctrinated into far right politics. I know there are Christian dems, but evangelicals and others all but mandate supporting right wing politics with systemic peer pressure from the top.

That's all I have to say on this.

Well I have to disagree with that statement.
There are many Lib and Dem Christians in this Country.
There are churches in this Country that approve of and perform Gay marriages and those that do not. Same with other issues.

Stop lumping people into one group! tsktsk

P
Legend
Legend
P
Poor arch. You're in here trying to make a point that doesn't exist.... again.

You missed it yet once again. That first sentence was a question, not a statement.

Better luck next time.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Arch is wise and he is on to you.

A
Legend
Legend
A
And, more proof of my statement. If you can't refute, attack. rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
I did refute it. It's not my problem if you're not man enough to admit your mistake.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
“In a world where bad news seems to be the norm, we’re happy to share the great news that lives are being changed through Fellowship of Christian Athletes’ Fields of Faith,” Jeff Martin, FCA executive director of ministry advancement, told Fox News in a statement. “From the student leaders who take on the responsibility to bring Fields of Faith to their communities to the skeptical or hurting teen who might be attending for the first time, we see time and again that Fields of Faith motivates, energizes, rejuvenates and unites."

thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
At least they're looking for answers from a higher power. That will be an improvement.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
$3G 'Jesus Shoes' filled with holy water sell out within minutes

A limited-edition sneaker, which is filled with holy water in the soles and blessed by a priest, sold out within minutes of its debut, despite each pair costing a whopping $3,000.

Brooklyn-based creative label MSCHF is responsible for releasing the shoe, which is a pair of all-white Nike Air Max 97s -- though the design is in no way affiliated with Nike -- that have been injected with holy water sourced from the Jordan River. The water, which is visible in the see-through sole, has some coloring added to enhance visibility, the shoe’s creator told Fox News.

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/3g-jesus-shoes-holy-water-sell-out

Only in America. rofl

Legend
Legend
not surprised. probably the same demographic who thought buying MAGA themed plastic straws for $1.50 a pop was cool, too.

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
not surprised. probably the same demographic who thought buying MAGA themed plastic straws for $1.50 a pop was cool, too.

Where can I buy some of those Swish? That sounds really cool.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Originally Posted By: Swish

Where can I buy some of those Swish? That sounds really cool.

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/trump-straws

ooh look, they have a deal too. for just 15 dolalrs for 10 straws, you can own the libs!

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/t...ASAAEgIE0PD_BwE

There's one born every minute. I don't mind helping them along their merry way.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/products/t...ASAAEgIE0PD_BwE

There's one born every minute. I don't mind helping them along their merry way.

I'll wait . If the Emu gets elected its free stuff for everybody. I'm sure she will buy me some.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You sound like Trump. "I was going to do it until I didn't."

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
You sound like Trump. "I was going to do it until I didn't."

You got it wrong. That was Kerry.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Come on up here in the present with the rest of us arch. I know, I know, you're still stuck on Kerry and Hillary. Some things you just can't let go of.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Come on up here in the present with the rest of us arch. I know, I know, you're still stuck on Kerry and Hillary. Some things you just can't let go of.
rofl Yup. You got nothing. rofl

Legend
Legend
They’ll stand during the National anthem and say in the name of the lord they stood. While they point fingers at those who didn’t.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
And what did you have? An obscure reference from 2004? lmao

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Over 200,000 students expected to 'stand for Christ' on football fields across the nation

Link Copied to Clipboard