Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I feel like Dorsey is panicking.
we’ll see if it comes to fruition and what it costs .. but there’s no doubt he’s feeling some sort of way about our first 6 showings

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
So what did we get? A 5th? A 4th?

I’d be upset if it was anything worse than a 5th.

It's probably worse.

Better than cutting the guy.

As I have said since the Couch days, the only thing worse than a blown pick is sticking with a blown pick.

Dust off the britches, wash your hands and move on.

Hey, it happens. It happens a lot. No way around it....in any sport.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am hoping it is not a first rounder, but it probably will be a 1st rounder. I am hoping not much more.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
So, two first rounders for Ramsey means that Trent won’t be that expensive at least

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Wasn’t it a failed selection?

I'm not going to argue w/you guys. I gave my opinion on the matter and I'll leave it at that.

R
Legend
Legend
R
If Dorsey trades a first rounder for Trent Williams that would be as egregious as Freddie and Baker running a hurry up offense at the 5 yard line with a 1:30 left before the half with the lead.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Wasn’t it a failed selection?

I'm not going to argue w/you guys. I gave my opinion on the matter and I'll leave it at that.

Lol

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
This was a horrible pick.

Every day my faith in John Dorsey sinks a little more.

Never thought I would ever say that.

Kitchens looks like a bad hire right now. Baker looks like a 1 read QB who is slower than molasses, etc.

Actually, Nick Chubb from the 2018 draft looks like his only good pick here at the bye.

I actually find myself yearning for Sam Darnold these days.

Give it up man....you never wanted Baker in the first place, now you and others complain when you have the chance.

You live in Birmingham if I recall. I live in Chattanooga. That is about 130 miles apart. I drive to Montgomery to visit my sister and family every few months. Many times I spend the night in Bham to eat at the Highlands Grill. As good a restaurant as any in the country.

Maybe we can meet up. That isn't some challenge.

Maybe we can meet up, hoist a beer or three and talk about things.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Actually, Super has been a big Baker fan. I know because of some of the things he has said about me when I criticized Baker. LOL

M
Legend
Legend
M
You offered your opinion and I offered mine.

As for Trent Williams, I don't know a ton about him other than listening to Joe Thomas talk about him reverently preseason when the trade rumors first came up. He seemed to think TW was in a class alone. If we get him for 3 years of quality service, I'd take that really ght now. He'd improve the line significantly more than just the one guy he replaces.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Williams is still a top LT. And he’s a huge dude. He can swallow up anyone on that edge and he’s a mauler in the run game. Like literally just throws dudes

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not positive about this, but I think Williams has missed games in all but two of his nine seasons, including the last five years before this season. He also wants a new contract. He has also refused to play football this season. He is also 31 years old. I also don't think our OL is nearly as bad as some folks are claiming. I think our Personnel packages and our qb holding the ball too long makes them look worse than they actually are.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 10/15/19 08:17 PM. Reason: More info
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wanted Darnold. I was shocked we took Baker.

I took it all back when I saw the moxie and potential Baker had during the 2018 season.

Hell, I have over $2000 of Baker memorabilia right now.

Sure bro, just give me a pm and I'd be happy to meet you somewhere down here!

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
My thoughts on it are this. Parts of the equation: Baker, oline, coach, playmakers . If you are sure you have your qb, and committed to coach, and your receivers have been top talent their whole career. What’s left to upgrade. Despite the opinion the line has been ok, the fact remains our tackles rank in the bottom of the league. If you go back and watch tape, baker almost never throws left. I think a lot has to do with the pressure getting to him quickly from that side. All that said, if you have an opportunity to upgrade the one variable in the equation I think you have to

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not saying that you are wrong to voice that opinion, but man, I disagree w/that opinion in a huge way. I respect your right to voice that opinion and it's cool to see different takes, but I just don't agree w/it at all.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Like Vers said...Williams is getting old and has been very injury prone...which may shorten his career some...but if he is the type to play late years like Joe Staley is? I'm not sure...

When he is healthy he is in top 5 or 6 of LTs...one thing I absolutely love his attitude...Hes a lot like Taylor Lewan...doesnt take crap from anyone and plays like a grizzly bear...loves to manhandle you...he does get a stupid penalty every here and there, from swinging or roughing someone up after the play...but he'll fit right in here lol I think a long time ago he tore someone's helmet off then tried beating him up haha

If it is true...I'm surely hoping we aren't giving up a first one round pick...I dont think he has more than a couple years left, he will want a very large deal, and those injuries...

Last edited by tru_dawgs; 10/15/19 08:47 PM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Is he the dude who slapped Richard Sherman upside the head? If so, I bet Baker is making a big push to trade for this guy. LOL

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Is he the dude who slapped Richard Sherman upside the head? If so, I bet Baker is making a big push to trade for this guy. LOL

Haha it must have been 5 or 6 years ago, but it may have been..I think his teammates had to pull him away...he had numerous issues with his temper...but he has cooled down his temper flares the past several years

Baker will have William's bunk with him for sure haha

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Also Washingtons Oline has been trash without Trent Williams... despite having Brandon Schreff and big ole Moses on the right side...anytime I've seen them this year, all the announcers mention is how bad that Oline has been.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I was thinking it was kinda cool he went upside Sherman's head. Not that I am into violence or anything like that. LOL

Well, let me amend that statement. I have always found that when people run their mouths a lot, the quickest way to shut them up is to go upside their head. I have done it to some dudes and some dudes have done it to me. It was all good.

Washington's OL has battled a lot of injuries for years. Williams is a good player and I understand why folks want to trade for him. I respect that opinion. I just don't agree w/it. I know quite a bit about the OL and I don't thin our OL is that bad. I would love to have him, but the it seems cost prohibitive to me. Not saying I am right. Just a feeling.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
I hope it's not a first rounder. I hope it's not a first rounder. I hope it's not a first rounder.....

Trading for Williams would be an awful move for this team. Trading a first for 31 yr tackle would be detrimental.

The only way it isn't is if we win the super bowl... this year.

Ugh.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Quote:
I hope it's not a first rounder. I hope it's not a first rounder. I hope it's not a first rounder.....

Trading for Williams would be an awful move for this team. Trading a first for 31 yr tackle would be detrimental.

The only way it isn't is if we win the super bowl... this year.

Ugh.
i agree .. it’s not like we’re one move away IMO ... this team isn’t ready to be a big time contender. I’d rather keep the asset and draft a young OT that we covet

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yes, draft an OT or sign one in free agency. The latter would be expensive, but at least we would not give up a draft choice.

I think we are at a point where we need to make a conscious effort to keep our draft picks. We acquired a ton in the past and it was alright to make some moves, but we are another year down the road towards rookie contracts expiring. Keeping our draft picks seems smart in my opinion.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
According to Wiki, which is by no means the end all on the internet, Trent Williams is a Brown.

*someone just switched it back.

Last edited by devicedawg; 10/15/19 09:52 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trent Williams is 31 years old and last time he played a full season was 2013, He is looking for a big extension.

What do u give up a 5th?, 4th?, a 3rd?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I’d give up a third max, which means I’m not getting him.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I wouldn't trade anything more than what we just traded Corbett for....

Legend
Legend
Yes, i agree

B
Legend
Legend
B
JC

I have mixed emotions. I don't think 31 is all that old for a O lineman. He should still have 5-6 good years.

On the other hand, I like draft picks.

I won't go berserk if we make a trade, but I think we should stick with the bed Dorsey made, even if not very comfortable, and keep the pick(s).

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Maybe if we would have used this philosophy before making the OBJ, Murray, and Vernon trades we’d actually be a better team right now too.

Keep Zeitler, Peppers, and Ogbah ... use that 1st round pick on either a OT or WR, and then snag a FA OT/WR

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
If anybody should be traded it is Ward. What has he done besides play a couple preseason games. Is stickem still ok to use? If it is the Browns equipment manager should get some and hand it out to the WRs.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Maybe if we would have used this philosophy before making the OBJ, Murray, and Vernon trades we’d actually be a better team right now too.

Keep Zeitler, Peppers, and Ogbah ... use that 1st round pick on either a OT or WR, and then snag a FA OT/WR

Vernon: 15 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, w/ a cap hit of $15.5M
Ogbah: 21 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 pass defended, 2 stuffs, w/ a cap hit of $1.35M

I still would expect Vernon to end the season with better numbers than Ogbah simply because he is playing more (342 snaps vs 229 snaps), and thus, a bigger opportunity to rack up stats, but this is a pretty bad start as far as those particular numbers are concerned.
----------

Peppers: 40 tackles, 3 pass defended, 1 interception, 1 TD, 1 forced fumble, w/ cap hit of $1.4M*
Burnett: 16 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 stuff, w/ cap hit of $2.59M

* Peppers has played in two more games than Burnett due to injury.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
So, unless OBJ really catches fire here ... it looks like a bad set of trades (let’s not forget that we could have drafted somebody of value with pick 19 last year)

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: runback
If anybody should be traded it is Ward. What has he done besides play a couple preseason games. Is stickem still ok to use? If it is the Browns equipment manager should get some and hand it out to the WRs.

Ward has been kind of a China doll but the other guy we were considering ( Bradley Chubb ) is I think out for the season.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
thing about draft picks...they end up like the Ervings, corbetts, njokus and wards..they don't really help and you never know what you're getting..as opposed to a proven pro bowl caliber LT. Sure picks pan out as well..but just pointing out the devil you know vs the devil you don't . Think about this, once had JT, Alex Mack, Bitonio and Mitchell schwartz on the same team..we went 3-13..lol

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
So, unless OBJ really catches fire here ... it looks like a bad set of trades (let’s not forget that we could have drafted somebody of value with pick 19 last year)

I don't know if I would say a bad set. I really like Peppers but I understand packaging him for Odell. And yes Odell has been underperforming but Baker's play is certainly a factor in his production.

I think the Zeitler/Vernon trade is pretty much a bad one in my eyes and felt that way since the day it happened.

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Im not going to say it was a bad trade although I can certainly see that side of it. I think it was an unnecessary trade.

Notable stat: OBJ and Landry are one of only 2 WR duos in the top 20 of receiving yards in the NFL so far this season. (Godwin and Evans the other)

I guess the question one could ask when it comes down to it, is which player would be helping your franchise quarterback (the most important position on the field) more? Zeitler or OBJ?

I would argue that it's OBJ.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Im not going to say it was a bad trade although I can certainly see that side of it. I think it was an unnecessary trade.

Notable stat: OBJ and Landry are one of only 2 WR duos in the top 20 of receiving yards in the NFL so far this season. (Godwin and Evans the other)

I guess the question one could ask when it comes down to it, is which player would be helping your franchise quarterback (the most important position on the field) more? Zeitler or OBJ?

I would argue that it's OBJ.
That could be the case of course, though it’s tough to say after only 6 weeks one way or the other.

We have to get Baker and OBJ more time to gel ... they clearly aren’t comfortable with each other yet

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think back to something Freddie said about last season.

The team finally came around because they had 8 games under their belt. He said something similar in regards to this season.

We've also had one of the hardest schedules to date. The Ravens have had one of the easiest. Things about to change.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns trade Austin Corbett to the Rams

Link Copied to Clipboard