Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Legend
Legend
R
Dorsey made a trade giving up a pro bowl guard for a pro bowl receiver assuming the guard he drafted could step in. He actually didnt know if Corbett could play when he made that trade and has since traded him. Let that sink in for a second. Instead of building a team, he was playing Madden.

Rishuz #1684056 10/28/19 09:16 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I think Dorsey, Freddie, and Baker believed their own press a little too much this off season.
Yep, seems like humble pie is being served in bulk amounts this year

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Rishuz #1684059 10/28/19 09:17 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Dorsey made a trade giving up a pro bowl guard for a pro bowl receiver assuming the guard he drafted could step in. He actually didnt know if Corbett could play when he made that trade and has since traded him. Let that sink in for a second. Instead of building a team, he was playing Madden.

Technically it was a guard for a defensive end, but the rest of the post regarding Corbett is the same.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Thanks for the correction.

I agree the main point is he had no idea if Corbett could play.

Rishuz #1684062 10/28/19 09:20 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Thanks for the correction.

I agree the main point is he had no idea if Corbett could play.

Considering it was for Vernon instead of Beckham, makes the trade even worse.

Tackles are tackles.
Rishuz #1684087 10/28/19 10:12 AM
Legend
Legend
I think Dorsey, Freddie, and Baker believed their own press a little too much this off season.

Yeah, I've mentioned this before. All three share some blame for this mess, and all three seem like they let last year's final 8-game run go to their head.

I really hate to lay a lot of blame at Dorsey's feet because he's definitely the best GM we've had in a long time (and I hope he stays for a long time), but last year it appeared he could do no wrong. This year, it seems like he can do no right ... and some of that "no wrong" he did last year isn't looking so great anymore. I don't know how much of it is his "ego", maybe thinking all his moves would be golden based on last year, or how much of it is Kitchens torpedoing his efforts, but his track record took a big step back this year.

Last year looked like the best draft class in Browns' history, but now almost everyone outside of Chubb took a huge step backwards. The draft picks he had this year have been a mixed bag. All the trades he made in the off-season seem like mistakes. And he's the one responsible for handing the keys over to Freddy based on a half-season OC resume, giving him both HC and OC hats, and letting him blow up a coaching staff that had more wins in 8 games than the previous three and a half years.

ExclDawg #1684101 10/28/19 10:29 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg

Last year looked like the best draft class in Browns' history, but now almost everyone outside of Chubb took a huge step backwards. The draft picks he had this year have been a mixed bag. All the trades he made in the off-season seem like mistakes. And he's the one responsible for handing the keys over to Freddy based on a half-season OC resume, giving him both HC and OC hats, and letting him blow up a coaching staff that had more wins in 8 games than the previous three and a half years.

Without the extra picks as a result of 2017 moves, this is what the 2018 Draft would have been:

Rd 1- Baker Mayfield
Rd 2- Austin Corbett (I'm now astounded Corbett had a higher grade than Chubb at this point)
Rd 3- Traded for Tyrod Taylor rofl
Rd 4- Traded w/ another pick for Damarious Randall
Rd 5- Genard Avery
Rd 6- Damion Ratley
Rd 7- Two separate trade ups w/ other picks (plus Jason McCourty rolleyes and Kevin Hogan) got us Simeon Thomas, I believe.

Mayfield and the trade activity for Randall seem to be the only ones that paid dividends so far. I'm still holding out hope for Avery.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I forgot we gave up a 3rd for Tyrod

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawgs4Life #1684106 10/28/19 10:34 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Most people tried to forget.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

rofl

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

I think we really should start a thread on this somewhere, because I really believe that we got hyped by name recognition and bright lights, instead of actual FOOTBALL talent and sound decisions.

I think "King John" needs to be discussed a little more, because I said this before and got nailed for it at the time. I don't think hes the "savior" we made him out to be, and I don't think hes done as good a job as others seem too with this team.

Too many trades, too many free agents, not enough home grown talent. THATS why we are struggling, we have a ton of players that don't really want to be here and are not committed to winning and this TEAM as they guys you draft would be. JMO.

There is a reason they say you need to build through the draft, we have relied too much on trades and FA.

Legend
Legend
In terms of the trades ... Part of me keeps thinking that if we kept Ogbah, Zeitler, and Peppers ... then drafted an OT/WR we’d be better off. We have zero team chemistry right now.

In terms of the drafts ... Corbett and Chad Thomas are complete busts, and that hurts too

Dawgs4Life #1684119 10/28/19 10:55 AM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
In terms of the trades ... Part of me keeps thinking that if we kept Ogbah, Zeitler, and Peppers ... then drafted an OT/WR we’d be better off. We have zero team chemistry right now.

In terms of the drafts ... Corbett and Chad Thomas are complete busts, and that hurts too
Don't forget Calloway who is flirting on that side as well.

out of 18 draft, Baker, Denzal, and Chubb are basically the only picks contributing. Baker is playing awful right now, Denzel can stay on the field, Chubb is the beast.

19 draft - The best pick we had so far is Siebert. Cant comment too much else on others because they haven't played much yet.

Trades - Lets be honest here. OBJ has been a HUGE letdown. Tyrod was a HUGE letdown, Jarvis has been decent, but has disappeared at times. Vernon has been a let down, but he did play pretty good yesterday. Am I missing anyone else?

Dawgs4Life #1684121 10/28/19 11:00 AM
Legend
Legend
I’m not sure how much I can muster to watch KC vs GB now

I watched the World Series.. the way the Nats bats went from red hot to ice cold somewhere over Oklahoma flying back from Texas is just unreal.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Trades - Lets be honest here. OBJ has been a HUGE letdown. Tyrod was a HUGE letdown, Jarvis has been decent, but has disappeared at times. Vernon has been a let down, but he did play pretty good yesterday. Am I missing anyone else?

Adding:
I think the Randall trade worked out for us.
I don't think the Jason McCourty one did.

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Watch...he'll jettison Higgins in favor of Calloway.

Rishuz #1684139 10/28/19 11:26 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M

I'm driving over to Berea if that happens. It was nice knowing some of you.

Tackles are tackles.
Rishuz #1684162 10/28/19 12:07 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I think it's simpler than that. I think Freddie is in over his head, he is constantly trying to show how clever he is and it is always blowing up in his face. The most basic approach to offensive football would have success. Our Defense would be successful, but this constant dicking around trying to show how clever he is is fracking Freddie. He needs to pull his head out of his ass, climb down off his self-styled pedestal, and get to f-ing work calling basic football plays that actually work. Plays the team understands so there's no confusion when they line up. It's not rocket science. It's basic football, and we're not playing it. Shame on Freddie for that. He's acting like a fool.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Rishuz #1684181 10/28/19 12:21 PM
Legend
Legend
That would be fitting

Rishuz #1684185 10/28/19 12:26 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No doubt in my mind.

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1684251 10/28/19 02:25 PM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Convenient after Flacco threw him under the bus

Dawgs4Life #1684257 10/28/19 02:34 PM
Legend
Legend
Convenient after Flacco threw him under the bus

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:

Adding:
I think the Randall trade worked out for us.
I don't think the Jason McCourty one did.

Ill give the Randall Trade, that was one a ripoff seeing we gave them Kizer and we got Randall. +1 for remembering that one.

CalDawg #1684260 10/28/19 02:37 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

No doubt in my mind.
Dorsey has full control over the roster, not Freddie. If Higgins is traded, that's on John.

cfrs15 #1684299 10/28/19 03:40 PM
Legend
Legend
So is Brandon Allen bout to get a W on Sunday?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1684301 10/28/19 03:43 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Swish

I don't even want to think about that.

Swish #1684305 10/28/19 03:49 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R

Yes, the Browns are losers.

Rishuz #1684307 10/28/19 03:51 PM
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

As much as the Browns (and we by association) are losers, I can't imagine losing to the Broncos. They were horrible with Joe Flacco and theoretically Allen is worse.

Saying that, we will have 17 penalties and four turnovers. So any team will have a chance under those circumstances.

cfrs15 #1684328 10/28/19 04:20 PM
Legend
Legend
The broncos offense is one of the worst I’ve seen .. now add a QB who has literally never played meaningful snaps ... if our defense gives up more than 10 points there should be an investigation.

Now, whether our offense GIVES them some points is another issue

Dawgs4Life #1684379 10/28/19 05:37 PM
Legend
Legend
Inside the players-only meeting that might have saved Eagles' season
play
12:00 PM ET
Tim McManus

ORCHARD PARK, NY -- The Philadelphia Eagles' players committee -- a group of about a dozen leaders that includes Malcolm Jenkins, Carson Wentz and Brandon Graham -- approached coach Doug Pederson on Wednesday and told them of their intention to hold a players-only meeting.

Never in Jenkins' six seasons with the Eagles had such a meeting been called. But there was a message that needed to be delivered, and an urgency to keep the current situation from getting out of hand.

Dropped in the middle of blowout losses to the Minnesota Vikings and Dallas Cowboys were quotes from anonymous players criticizing the decision-making of Wentz and the front office. Pederson hinted that the outside noise had made its way in and that the team was affected by the distractions in the lead-up to the Cowboys game in Week 7. With the season teetering in front of Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills, the Eagles (4-4) broke precedent in an attempt to recalibrate.

"We had a lot of internal conversations, a lot of tough conversations," Jenkins said.

If Sunday's 31-13 thumping of the Bills (5-2) is any indication, those conversations had the desired effect.

The words that most resonated with tackle Lane Johnson were delivered by Jenkins, who on Friday had his leadership chops questioned by former teammate Orlando Scandrick.

"One of those quotes from Malcolm [stood out]: 'We concern ourselves with the guys who are in here,'" Johnson said.

Added guard Brandon Brooks after Sunday's win: "Yeah, we didn't really give a f--- about all the outside noise, to be honest. We're not one of those teams. It seems like at this point, man, it's like some s--- once a week, x, y and z. But like Jenk said, 'We all we got, we all we need.' The only thing that matters is inside this locker room."

Jenkins credited guys such as Zach Ertz, Graham and Jalen Mills for boosting the team's energy -- a change that was noticeable even in pregame warmups. He witnessed an increase in veteran ownership, with starters jumping onto the scout team during practice to give the first-team better looks.

Meanwhile, he nodded to Wentz for providing a "calming voice" to the group amid the turmoil.

"Just try and keep everyone together," Wentz said of his approach this week. "It's easy when losses come to want to point fingers and guys just trying to make sure everyone's on the same page going forward with everything going on. Guys did a really good job responding."

Jenkins hammered home the importance of every player fulfilling their role: for the best players to be the best players, and for everyone to detail their work at the level that the job demanded. It was part of a greater overall message -- delivered at the players' meeting and throughout the week -- of tuning out the noise, avoiding the blame game and concentrating on self-improvement for the greater good of the team. It hit home, helping to get the Eagles' season back on track.

"The more and more we allow each other to be our own selves and own our role on the team, then the better we are collectively," Jenkins said.

ESPN

I really think this is where the Browns are... I've asked before, who is our leadership? It's time they step up. The media is crucifying Freddie, the players are all talking about not being disciplined or accountable... it's time to work out some crap and considering the state of the Broncos right now... this would be a good time to come out with a new attitude and get a nice W and try to save this season.

yebat' Putin
cfrs15 #1684428 10/28/19 07:20 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I hope MIAMI gets their first win tonight thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
DCDAWGFAN #1684432 10/28/19 07:26 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Browns won't have a players only meeting because there are no leaders to call one.

Rishuz #1684433 10/28/19 07:27 PM
Legend
Legend
Browns won't have a players only meeting because there are no leaders to call one.
good point

cfrs15 #1684435 10/28/19 07:29 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

As much as the Browns (and we by association) are losers, I can't imagine losing to the Broncos. They were horrible with Joe Flacco and theoretically Allen is worse.

Saying that, we will have 17 penalties and four turnovers. So any team will have a chance under those circumstances.

Inexperienced guys are the most dangerous. They are going to come in with no pressure, no expectations, and they are going to just wing it. Think Baker Mayfield last year, Gardner Minshew this year.

They're playing with house money and the Browns have been known to make these types of players a Sunday hero.

Plus, the Browns are a losers. They are a losing organization that employs losers. They are this until they no longer aren't.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: CalDawg

No doubt in my mind.
Dorsey has full control over the roster, not Freddie. If Higgins is traded, that's on John.

Who said otherwise?

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1684475 10/28/19 09:01 PM
T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T
dolphins up 14-0, early 2nd quarter...surprising

cfrs15 #1684478 10/28/19 09:08 PM
Legend
Legend
Dolphins would beat us if they play like this first quarter

Dawgs4Life #1684484 10/28/19 09:20 PM
Legend
Legend
There goes the Dolphins shutting them out.

#GMSTRONG
cfrs15 #1684489 10/28/19 09:32 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Dolphins are in tank mode.

They will have fun for a while.

Then tank mode goes into effect.

I have seen this happen before.

No Craps Given
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Patriots 27 Other games

Link Copied to Clipboard