Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Originally Posted By: myka
Cardinals only lost by 3 to the 49ers last night. They're not gonna be the free win they were at the start of the season (when the Ravens got to play them of course, thanks NFL)
Eh, they have lost to every decent team they have played. They beat bengals, falcons, and giants, and have a horrible secondary (they give up about 280 a game in the air I believe).

Yeah but only by 3 to the 49ers who, as we all remember, blew us out. Hardly a guaranteed win.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Swish
The entire league is suffering from horrible officiating. It’s not just the browns.

People need to stop blaming the refs for why our team is playing like ass.

Agreed, whole league... including us.

Been seeing this logic used a lot, just because other teams are having terrible penalties called doesn't mean ours go away.

How do you cut back on PI when you didn't do the PI? crackback blocks? hand sto the face? etc.

You need to play THROUGH those penalties, not ignore them. Cut back on the ones we can control like false starts, etc.

Legend
Legend
The entire league is suffering from horrible officiating. It’s not just the browns.

But let me ask you this. Why do the Browns get screwed three to four times more than other teams do?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

But let me ask you this. Why do the Browns get screwed three to four times more than other teams do?

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Lions, Saints and Browns get the bulk of them. Why these franchises? Honestly no idea, but it's undeniable. Any other team can't complain to the same degree.

All teams deal with bad calls... so that makes it OK? I wish I was some football fan's Dentist.

Them: "You took out 3 teeth that didn't need to be taken out!"
Me: "Yeah, but I took out 2 of Larry's too"
Them: "Oh ok, guess it's fair then."

Edit: so it doesn't get twisted, we lost the games we've lost this year because we messed up, not cuz of the Refs. Can't say the same for the Saints in last year's NFC championship that were just robbed, or the Lions vs Green Bay this year. I'm looking at it logically with video evidence.

With modern day cameras and internet technology there is ZERO reason not to get every call right. This is a choice by the NFL and one that means I will not spend any more money on NFL products until it's "fixed".

Legend
Legend
The saints got robbed by the refs so hard they missed the Super Bowl.

Yea, somehow I don’t think saints fans will agree with you.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
The saints got robbed by the refs so hard they missed the Super Bowl.

Yea, somehow I don’t think saints fans will agree with you.

The Saints got screwed a few times. The Browns got screwed 5 to ten times for each time the Saints got screwed. So the Saints fans can kiss my entire backside.

Legend
Legend
It is not okay anytime a team gets screwed. These teams need to stand up and stick together when the NFL makes the choice to screw them. It happens every damn week and it is going to kill the NFL.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It is not okay anytime a team gets screwed. These teams need to stand up and stick together when the NFL makes the choice to screw them. It happens every damn week and it is going to kill the NFL.

The teams ARE united with the NFL.

The 32 Billionaire owners have a closed door meeting every year. Then they have a team of lawyers and analytics guys determine what makes the most $. They all agree to do it this way.

The players/coaches get screwed but not the teams. The teams split the total $ the NFL earns which are record high right now. Why would they want to change it?

Legend
Legend
WHY??????? To make sure they are still making money 5, 10, and 20 years from now. The way the Ref's are going now nobody will be watching the NFL in 10 to 20 years. You can only shove it up peoples backside so long before they start demanding that enough is enough.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
WHY??????? To make sure they are still making money 5, 10, and 20 years from now. The way the Ref's are going now nobody will be watching the NFL in 10 to 20 years. You can only shove it up peoples backside so long before they start demanding that enough is enough.

Tell that to the NBA. The masses like big plays and big names, they could care less about fairness.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Quote:
The players/coaches get screwed but not the teams

With the salaries these players make, I have trouble seeing how they get screwed, same for coaches. It's the fans that get screwed the most.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
Quote:
The players/coaches get screwed but not the teams

With the salaries these players make, I have trouble seeing how they get screwed, same for coaches. It's the fans that get screwed the most.

What I mean is they're not in on it.

Though I would argue some coaches/players might lose their jobs because of bad calls. That's sounds pretty screwed to me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Welp, let's just focus on getting a winning streak going first. Haven't had one of those in a while.

Even if they win Sunday, they have to come home and face a pretty tough Buffalo team next week. Do that, and maybe I'll start to buy in.....

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Buffalo isn't that tough, don't let their record fool you.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Originally Posted By: jeepnstein
I'm going to stick with 8-8. The Browns are a middle of the pack team this year. I still believe that. They'll beat bad to average teams but can't hang with the big dogs yet.

We don't face any "big dogs" the rest of the season, which is nice.

Actually we can hang with anyone but we are continuing to beat ourselves. We stop beating ourselves and we are hosting a playoff game. If we dont freddie is gone and Dorsey has turned into a pumpkin at midnight.

Legend
Legend
Still need a convincing win this week for any streak to begin. We have found a number of ways to kill our chances and coaches cannot compensate for the degree of self-inflected boneheaded mistakes we have committed. The refs haven't helped us, but you play with the zebras you are give. It is OK not to be offsides, hold, get PI, and all that. Those do NOT excuse losing.
I really want to see us pound out a convincing win. Sunday it is then.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Mourgrym

Actually we can hang with anyone but we are continuing to beat ourselves. We stop beating ourselves and we are hosting a playoff game. If we dont freddie is gone and Dorsey has turned into a pumpkin at midnight.

I absolutely agree with this. SF was the only game I really thought we were totally out of it. Even against NE - after 3 plays = 3 turnovers, we got to within 7 points and had some momentum until we shot ourselves in the foot again. We are our own worst enemy right now. Coaching, preparedness, discipline. Get those on the right track and we can absolutely go on a tear. I *expect* to win 7 out of 9. (Because I am a dumb fan who hasn't learned my lesson yet, and never will).

2 x Cinci, 2 x Pit, 1 x Miami. . . 5 games against pretty bad teams. Cardinals, Bills, Denver are better - but all beatable. It's all about the Browns.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: jeepnstein
I'm going to stick with 8-8. The Browns are a middle of the pack team this year. I still believe that. They'll beat bad to average teams but can't hang with the big dogs yet.

We don't face any "big dogs" the rest of the season, which is nice.

It is mind boggling the number of fluke turnovers, untimely penalties, and uncharacteristic drops we have experienced this season. Balls flying off receivers hands into the defenders', balls bouncing off OBJ's hands, false starts on third and manageable, Drive ending penalties on long, successful plays, the ball being kicked out of Chubb's hands, and the list goes on. On top of that we have the excessive number of bad calls. But forget those, we can't overcome those until we overcome the other things. Mistakes and penalties have haunted us all year. That has to stop and it has to stop beginning this Sunday or our season is over, and you're right, probably Freddie's tenure as well.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

As much as I want to win nine and the division.

The Cardinals played a tough game against the 49ers.

The Steelers under Rudolph are no push over.

The Browns have done little right so far. Until I actually see them play mistake free games and not turn it over nothing can happen that will put wins in the column.

Again we are still a on paper team.

We need to play good football.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Glad to see you feeling better hope your right.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I agree with you on Pit and the Cards ... and both look better prepared and coached than the Browns so far. And yes - until we do it on Sundays it's all hope/theory .... But I think you'd agree we don't have to improve the coaching and preparedness that much to compete/win. And while I have disagreed with the play calling for long stretches - we've also had good success like the start vs Seattle ... only need more consistency there and we are scoring enough points to win these games.

S
All Pro
All Pro
S
I cannot see this team winning more than 5 more games. Almost any team in the league can beat you when you turn the ball over 3 times and commit 10 or more penalties. It is clear that the coaches have no idea how to address the issues or they lack the authority to address the issues.

This week, Freddie is having players run laps if they commit penalties. It reeks of desperation and has no chance of fixing anything.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Those predicting two wins over Pittsburgh are fooling themselves. They got the running game going, and Rudolph is improving. Plus when did we ever get a fair game called against Pittsburgh?

Until this team becomes more disciplined, I don't think any win is a sure thing.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Buffalo isn't that tough, don't let their record fool you.

Offensively they are questionable, I'll give you that.

However defensively they are legit. As mistake prone as our offense is right now, I could see us losing in an ugly low scoring game.

T
Legend
Legend
T
There are no more low scoring games in the NFL,
the everyday matchups ending with a 13-6 score went away 25 years ago.

Others are saying the Browns are going to win a big steak because the rest of the NFL is suddenly bad,

not because the Browns have their act together, but because, suddenly all the Qb's in the upcoming schedule are not the big' known' names,

it doesn't even reek of a hint of truth in the hope that the rest of an NFL schedule is suddenly going to be bad in mass to give your team a path to success.

If the Browns are going to get any wins, they are going to have to earn it and have to "take" it.

Anything less is just going to be more ("2-5") stretches in the win loss column.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888

I absolutely agree with this. SF was the only game I really thought we were totally out of it. Even against NE - after 3 plays = 3 turnovers, we got to within 7 points and had some momentum until we shot ourselves in the foot again.

Absent the turnovers, we were in a competitive game.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

it doesn't even reek of a hint of truth in the hope that the rest of an NFL schedule is suddenly going to be bad in mass to give your team a path to success.

Your right. The 0-7 Dolphins are not bad. The 0-8 Bengals aren't bad. The 2-6 Broncos aren't bad. And Pit with 2 of their 3 wins against said Dolphins & Bengals aren't bad either..... Sure.

On the one hand there are no gimmes in any game on Sunday - most especially for the struggling Browns. But if you don't think the level of competition makes a difference in these remaining games, I really don't know what to tell you.

And I don't think anyone is saying the Browns are going on a tear by continuing to play and coach the way they have been so far this season .... I think the optimism is based on some progress we've already seen (Baker - the early offensive scheme vs Seattle, the run game vs Patriots) .... and the belief that it'll continue to improve as rookie HC gets more comfortable and improves etc ...

I think every Browns fan I know is pissed and disappointed at how bad we've been - that doesn't mean the season is over and it doesn't mean we can't expect to see continued progress to being a much, much better team.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
Blame it on the OL...

Honestly, until we start playing football, I don't see us starting to win. And we lost to the Jets, remember...

why you don't have any cred... Blame, on OL what am I blaming I am stating a fact we were over hyped and the biggest differential was in the OL.

But there were many other factors now how can I have a serious
Browns conversation with you when you state things like we lost to the JETS crazy

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Lemme guess, people are gonna declare the browns fixed if we start beating up on teams who happen to be worse than us?

We fell for the same trap last year.

No but Winning is the cure all. We were in every game with these SB contenders but did enough to LOSE.
Beating these lesser teams don't make us better...but winning does.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I agree we have been way off in a lot of places, for me the most grievous has been in the coaching. And yet we have shown that we could have won many games such as the Pats game we are good enough to win against Good Teams.

As stated winning is the cure all. And get us at a discipline needed to win the tough games.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't know tab. The grades came out on our "new LT" after the last game and it was worse, not better. It was a shoot yourself in the foot move. Who knew? wink

But I agree it has to start with beating the bad teams first and work your way up from there. Hopefully you're right. But after what I've seen thus far, I'm in seeing is believing mode.

OL grades are like political polls - I don't need grades to tell me what I see.

My point is against some lesser teams the OL has a chance to come together and the best way to get better at pass blocking is to be successful at run blocking and we did show a better result in our run game OL don't fumble. With the run come play action. Hopefully are play caller will stop with the razzle dazzle anexation of Texas plays and just set up some good routes with good space - run the ball successful and then play action.

I am not stating PWANG with a wand and we are all of a sudden better. What I am saying is that winning is a cure all and we are coming to a stretch in our schedule that winning can become a contagious factor in many assets of our game.

Denver is a good test as they are a solid team but not a great one.

Once we get past them the roll of wins will come beating them is very important cause its the beginning of the NINE! Got to start with #1!!!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: eotab
I've been very cautious about our team and was not all in with they Hype, from the get go I said the OL was not up to the hype.

I think they have fixed their game and will start playing together as ONE UNIT. That is key.

Our Defense and Special Teams is doing well. More scoring from the Offense will be the cure all.

Its starts this week...All in from here on in.

As I was cautious before to crown ourselves as a SB contender.
Now I'm letting loose and claiming that we will win our last 9 games.

Diam are you in? lol

This is going to be fun to watch as the past games were not much fun. We coulda shoulda most of those games but were not ready to win.

Now we are - Ready Set Go!

Just my humble opinon

Are you just saying this because we are now in the "easier" part of the schedule?

Ummm...heck yeah. What I'm saying is winning is infectious and can make a team better and better. We have been close to win some of these games against Playoff teams BUT DID NOT.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: jaybird
Let's start with one

thumbsup 100% correct, its impossible to get to NINE or any numbers without that #1... wink

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E

Some of the calls we deserved but it doesn't seem to be called on other teams although I must admit the Pats were one of the few teams that blocked our DL successfully without holding. But what about the others and then we get called for ticky tack holds. We are the only team that had a defensless block called that was so terribly wrong when the guy actually saw Landry and dipped his head and accelerated into Landry with force and we GET CALLED never seen that in any game with another team.

But we should not commit the other 12 penalties that is for sure.

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Yeah I will admit I was sort of proud of our fans but I will admit that. But it has cost us a lot and I think the #1 reason we get jobbed as we do!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend

Winning is contagious.

It doesn't matter who you beat. The Pats started the season beating a bunch of bad teams. So, did the Ravens. Everybody jumped on their wagons.

A win is a win. When you win it can be become a habit. You get into the groove of doing things right. Timing, chemistry, knowledge, trust are built through repetition.

When you do things the right way you can build momentum.

Then when you face better teams it becomes more about talent than mistakes.

If we were to get on roll by playing overall better football. Then when we get into close competitive games you don't beat yourself. You rely on the formula to win.

If this team can build some momentum the offense will find their stride.

P
Legend
Legend
P
One thing we certainly agree on is that wins cure all. And that's something that separates teams that are close in actual talent. We have talent.

Teams often fall into two categories. Teams that find a way to win and teams who find a way to lose. Thus far we always seem to find a way to lose. I mean let's look at San Fransisco as an example. For the most part they aren't blowing their opponents out of the water. Yet somehow, in all of those close games, they just seem to find a way, or some might say they "will themselves to win" games.

Once you establish that it seems contagious. Today we face a kid that has no experience starting in the NFL. If we can't win a game like that we are in real trouble. But if you can chalk up a few wins in a row the team begins to believe they can win. Their effort pays off. It becomes a belief that can pay huge dividends.

I think a lot of people underestimate just how impactful stringing a few wins together can be for a team that's struggling.

But we both know OL play well enough to know Robinson is far better suited and has a better ability at LT than McCray. The proof was in the play on the field.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Jc

So.....8 game win streak?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
It will be week 16 and he will post a "2 game winning streak!" Thread

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 9 game winning streak will start now!

Link Copied to Clipboard