Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2808...ommitted-attend

Former NFL head coach Hue Jackson will lead the drills during quarterback Colin Kaepernick's scheduled workout in Atlanta on Saturday, and former NFL head coach Joe Philbin will be in attendance to assist, the league announced Thursday.

The NFL said 11 teams have committed to attend: the Arizona Cardinals, Atlanta Falcons, Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos, Detroit Lions, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Giants, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Washington Redskins. The league said it expected additional teams to commit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Sources told ESPN that the Dallas Cowboys and Seattle Seahawks also are expected to go.

Jackson told ESPN's Josina Anderson that he "just found out about it" on Thursday.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Here's why Colin Kaepernick is working out for NFL teams, and what happens next

Sources: NFL won't give Kap reps list of attendees

Reid: NFL's Kap workout 'feels like a PR stunt'
"The NFL asked me to do it. I'm excited about doing it for Colin and the league. As far as I know right now, Colin is still attending," he said.

The league reiterated that it would send video of the workout and an interview with Kaepernick to all 32 teams.

Kaepernick, 32, has been out of football since 2016, the year he began protesting police brutality and racial injustice by kneeling during the pregame national anthem.

The NFL will not provide Kaepernick's representatives with a list of executives and coaches who will attend the workout, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

Sources earlier Wednesday told ESPN that the NFL had agreed to give the Kaepernick camp a list of attendees. However, an NFL source later told ESPN that the league never promised to provide that list.

The NFL informed its clubs Tuesday that the private workout would be held for Kaepernick on Saturday in Atlanta. Sources previously told ESPN that the league office said none of the 32 teams had been made aware of the workout before Tuesday's memo was sent. When Kaepernick's representatives asked whether a team or teams had asked for the workout, the NFL league office said, "We can't tell you that," the reps explained.

Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid, who was the first player to join Kaepernick in taking a knee during the anthem while both were with the San Francisco 49ers, said Wednesday that "it feels disingenuous" that the NFL would schedule a workout for the quarterback on Saturday.

"I'll believe it when I see it," Reid said Wednesday. "At this point, it feels like a PR stunt."

NFL workouts typically take place on Tuesdays because head coaches and general managers can attend more easily. On Saturday, almost half of the NFL teams will be traveling to games, and most of the rest of the coaches and players will be heading to their team hotels to prepare for games the next day.

Philadelphia Eagles safety Malcolm Jenkins said Thursday he also was skeptical.

"I really hope it's a serious shot for him to get back in the league," Jenkins said. "I think he deserves to be in the league. For the last three years, he has unjustly not had a job. But based on all of the things that have led us to this point, it leaves me a little skeptical of the motivations behind it. But I think like anybody, we're just all waiting to see."

ESPN's Tim McManus contributed to this report.

LOL...

Stop me if you heard this one... "Hue Jackson and Colin Kapernick walk into a training facility"

Both leave unemployed because they suck.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Well, this will add to the circus lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
This does feel like a publicity stunt.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
If the Browns want to accomplish what 3 years without a team and 20 years of sucking failed to do - lose me as a fan - they should sign Kaepernick.

Legend
Legend
Maybe Hue should direct the venue to play the national anthem before the workout.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hue talking to Colin... " Get on your knees all you want...Just remember..I drive the bus "

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Colin Kaepernick is an Anti-American.

Colin Kaepernick is also washed up.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Kaepernick isn't anti-American he's anti-police brutality. He's against black people being killed for no reason at all. Just the color of their skin. He wasn't the only one protesting either. The FACT is, he was exercising his constitutional rights and blackballing him from his profession is what is anti-American. People say to protest peacefully. Non-violently. Then when they do, you have a problem with that too? Alrighty then.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
PR stunt, or the big haired douche bag is running low on funds and its time to grovel with the NFL....my $0.02

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You don't disrespect the flag!!!!!!!!!!

He did and he led many others to also.

There are a million other ways he could protest the issue in question instead of kneeing our Sacred Flag!

D
Legend
Legend
D
I’m with u ... if we sign that POC I’m done with the browns and by extension the nfl ....

D
Legend
Legend
D
His support of one Fidel Castro seems a wee bit hypocritical coming from someone so upset with police brutality here .... *shrugs*

0 + 0 still = 0 .... no?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I’m with u ... if we sign that POC I’m done with the browns and by extension the nfl ....

Person of color? Freudian slip?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Should be POS.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Kaepernick isn't anti-American he's anti-police brutality. He's against black people being killed for no reason at all. Just the color of their skin. He wasn't the only one protesting either. The FACT is, he was exercising his constitutional rights and blackballing him from his profession is what is anti-American. People say to protest peacefully. Non-violently. Then when they do, you have a problem with that too? Alrighty then.

Your FACT is incorrect. You dont have that right on private property, nor can you behave however you want at your employers and expect to remain employed.

If he actually wanted to exercise his constitutional rights he would have done so in the street on his own time.

But he never bothered to do that, did he?

It was a publicity stunt for money and attention.

And now he is a washed up old crappy qb who is just fishing for more publicity. (money)

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Person of color? Freudian slip?

Piece of crap. J/C

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Whats a Colin Kaepernick ?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg

Cute.

He is a has been.

Does that help you?

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

is this a j/c thing?

because... I didn't say anything except he sucks as a football player.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Someone so irrelevant to the game of football, that I can't spell his name properly.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I would love the Browns to sign him as a backup even if he never plays. Just because I know it would irritate a few specific posters.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Someone so irrelevant to the game of football, that I can't spell his name properly.

ROTFLMAO !! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Future headlines...

13 GM's explain to Kap why he can't take a knee after every snap.

13 GM's explain to Hue that he can't keep throwing the red flag in a workout.

Hue Jackson soaks football in a bucket of water. ...heard mumbling to Kap "this is what Lake Erie feels like"

Hue thought he felt the earth move but remembered he had Taco Bell for lunch.

Sashi Brown sends Kap's agent a fax that says "I'd rather have AJ McCarron"

Remember to tip your waitress. I'll be here all week.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If a caper ever nicked your colon you wouldn't be asking that question.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
lmao

D
Legend
Legend
D
J/c

Folks forget .... he quit .... he opted out of the last year of his contract .... after not playing well they year ....

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

Why is the NFL involved in this at all?

Who decided Hue should run the workout? My goodness.

Legend
Legend
Can he play defensive end?

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Trying to make themselves look better to the courts ....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Him disrespecting the flag is his right. He is doing so based on his opinions. It is his right to do so.

People who disagree with how he is expressing himself are also expressing an opinion, which is their right. Somehow this is different.

Freedom of expression does not include forbidding others from disagreeing with you. It also does not mean others even have to listen to you, or acknowledge you.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
so, Hue loses another game?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Trying to make themselves look better to the courts ....

And there you have it. In the case of a lawsuit moving forward they can show they went out of their way to give him a shot.

The fact remains that the NFL is a business. Any team who would actually sign him would absorb the repercussions of their fan base and negative publicity that goes along with it. It is an instant recipe for turmoil.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Didn't Kap sue the NFL for blackballing him?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not as of yet. But the accusations have been out there for a while.

I look at what happened in the concussion lawsuit. The NFL has gone to great lengths to at the very least put on the image that they are trying to address head injuries ever since.

Smart corporations have attorneys who try to look ahead and avoid future lawsuits. The old saying, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure", is quite applicable here. An inexpensive try out now could save many millions in a possible law suit later.

I consider it a very smart and calculated move.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Didn't Kap sue the NFL for blackballing him?

Yes. They came to a settlement.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The workout was moved at the last minute.

60 miles, that's not just across town.

That doesn't demonstrate team collaboration, draw your own conclusion.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
The workout was moved at the last minute.

60 miles, that's not just across town.

That doesn't demonstrate team collaboration, draw your own conclusion.

I heard about this on the radio, because it is local.
They said they moved it for "transparency". Whatever that means.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
If I get it correct, Kaep wanted it broadcast and to have all media access ... and the NFL didn’t?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
If I get it correct, Kaep wanted it broadcast and to have all media access ... and the NFL didn’t?

Correct.

Kaep and his team likely thought that if they changed the venue, the nfl reps would show up anyway since they were already in town. However, planning to be in Flowery Branch, and all of a sudden having to go to Riverdale. That's at least a hour trip, and traveling in Atlanta on a Saturday, you can likely add another 30-45 mins to that trip time on top of that.

Any rep with any kind of pride would say bump that. I'm not going. He's applying for a job with us, not vice versa.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Oh, my. This is going make a team want to pick him up. He's acting like he's calling the shots, not somebody that really wants a job.

I think SAS nailed it with this take:

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Hue Jackson to lead Colin Kaepernick workout; 13 NFL teams have committed to attend (Browns)

Link Copied to Clipboard