Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Legend
Legend
D
He’s definetly not been a positive influence on VG ... VG wearing those shoes was him sticking up for his bud ....

Someone mentioned to me a week or so ago that they wondered if VG had taken a back seat in leadership since OBJ arrived .... i wonder that also ... i think VG as been asserting himself a little more the last few weeks ....

I just wish OBJ would start playing better ... with MG gone for who knows how long combined with our other injuries on D the O’s gonna be our best shot of winning from here on out and i have zero faith in that unit ...

Legend
Legend
Diam, I hadn’t heard that about Tuna so thanks for sharing.

I mean, I don’t think it’s BS to say consult other experts.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

not sure what bakes minion is even doing here pretending he’s a dawg ... hes a baker fan, a temporary browns fan ... We’ll be here long after bake ad his minion are gone ...

Curious, what is a legitimate reason to become a fan of a team? What is your pure motive for being a Browns fan? Family team, so birthright? Oh thats a very holy motive. Guess what I'm here, I'm not going away, and I believe a better Brown fan than you. Go Browns!

D
Legend
Legend
D
I’m all about consulting experts .... its hard enough to make good decisions ... the more info u have from knowledgeable folks the better chances u have of making a good decision ...

Dude .. this isn’t splitting atoms or rocket science ... u have three choices ...

1. U punish them ...
2. U bench them or sit them out some plays ...
3. Do nothing ...

There’s no magic wand ,... how long u gonna bench one of our OLman for a false start ... and who are u hurting if u do that? ...

Freddie has many many faults ... blaming him for this is hogwash!!!

D
Legend
Legend
D
There’s many reasons to become a fan of a team ...

The fact u think your a better browns fan than I am is hilarious on many levels .... all i know is I’ve been one for a lot longer than u ... that don’t make me better or worse as far as I’m concerned ... WHY i became one as opposed to why u became one .... different story ...

You’ll NEVER EVER EVER LOVE THE BROWNS the way i do .... just like if i became a boomer sooner tomorrow i would NEVER EVER EVER LOVE THE THE WAY U DO ...

SORRY FOR TAKING THE THREAD OFF COURSE DC ... I’ll leave it be and hope it gets back on track ...

Later 4-life ... later bake ...

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I’m all about consulting experts .... its hard enough to make good decisions ... the more info u have from knowledgeable folks the better chances u have of making a good decision ...

Dude .. this isn’t splitting atoms or rocket science ... u have three choices ...

1. U punish them ...
2. U bench them or sit them out some plays ...
3. Do nothing ...

There’s no magic wand ,... how long u gonna bench one of our OLman for a false start ... and who are u hurting if u do that? ...

Freddie has many many faults ... blaming him for this is hogwash!!!

I'll agree to disagree. I feel strongly if we had BB at coach the same players would behave very differently. Fact is though we don't have BB so I hope FK improves and I think he slowly is. Funny I'm lumped with the FK bashers, I feel I'm one of the few on the board that is not blaming absolutely everything on him.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, i got ya ... we’re on the same page with the courses of action .. see ya bud

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

I don't own a Browns jersey.

But if the Browns resign Schobert I will get his.

I have watched him since he became a Brown and have come to really admire his play.

To start he is the captain of the defense. He heads the defensive alignment. He is the communicator of the defense.

He has excellent instincts. Rarely out of position. Plays the pass and the run very well. He is not the classic big hitter. He just gets it done. And he is consistent.

His press conferences are straight forward. He is a pure team guy.

I am a big fan of Joe Schobert.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am not a big fan of Schobert and had to eat crow after that game he had last night ..lol

R
Legend
Legend
R
They need to extend Schobert.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Baker_Dawg
Guess what I'm here,

Overstating the obvious?

Quote:
I'm not going away,

You forgot to add the most important part of your sentence...... "As long as Baker's here"

Quote:
and I believe a better Brown fan than you.

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I agree, at least because he’s a smart/positive/reliable influence ... and he’s had good games obviously

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Guess what I'm here,

Overstating the obvious?

Quote:
I'm not going away,

You forgot to add the most important part of your sentence...... "As long as Baker's here"

Quote:
and I believe a better Brown fan than you.

rofl
ughh, why did this guy have make me like you, pitt smile

Perfect responses thumbsup

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a rough job but somebody had to make you do it. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Awesome clips and commentary!

Wake me up when ANY QB from his draft class can play QB like that.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B

Enjoy your echo chamber. Glad you two are proud of you’re efforts to run off fans of mine and supposedly your team. Luckily I don’t need your or anyone else’s permission to be a Browns fan.

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
Awesome clips and commentary!

Wake me up when ANY QB from his draft class can play QB like that.

Agreed, awesome break down.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Enjoy your echo chamber. Glad you two are proud of you’re efforts to run off fans of mine and supposedly your team. Luckily I don’t need your or anyone else’s permission to be a Browns fan.

I'm crying actual tears for you right now...

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c:

Don't want to derail things and mention the game, but here goes.

Another great job by Wilks. The D owned their part of the game. Nice to see.

I think the tackling has been much better these past two games. Coincidentally, the first two without Whitehead - the pinball wizard.

No turnovers, again. 4 takeaways, really nice.

The punt coverage did the Hammer no favors. He dropped three in nice and deep. Twice the guys down there couldn't find it and it went into the end zone. The other time the one who downed it came in from out of bounds, so ruled a touch back. Know the rules. Two other guys down there to down it, let them do it.

They showed a graphic that if the playoffs would have started before the Thursday game, the wild card teams would have been Buffalo and Pitt. While the playoffs are a loooooong shot, if we are going we are going as a wild card. Right now Buff and Pitt are the targets. Right now, we own the head-to-head tiebreaker with both.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

Pitt and I...we don't normally see eye to eye.

But ill be danged if some college jockey is going come on to OUR board, and profess hes a better fan of a team that we have been watching for 20+ years stink year in and year out no matter what.

What you don't get, once Baker is gone (retires, traded, cut, whatever the case) you will go on your marry way. We will still be here.

Fans are fans of the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

Glorified wannabes only care about the name on the back.

P
Legend
Legend
P

If you're that thin skinned you need to find a different pass time than the internet.

#gmstrong
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
j/c:

Don't want to derail things and mention the game, but here goes.

Another great job by Wilks. The D owned their part of the game. Nice to see.

I think the tackling has been much better these past two games. Coincidentally, the first two without Whitehead - the pinball wizard.

No turnovers, again. 4 takeaways, really nice.

The punt coverage did the Hammer no favors. He dropped three in nice and deep. Twice the guys down there couldn't find it and it went into the end zone. The other time the one who downed it came in from out of bounds, so ruled a touch back. Know the rules. Two other guys down there to down it, let them do it.

They showed a graphic that if the playoffs would have started before the Thursday game, the wild card teams would have been Buffalo and Pitt. While the playoffs are a loooooong shot, if we are going we are going as a wild card. Right now Buff and Pitt are the targets. Right now, we own the head-to-head tiebreaker with both.

Yes the buffalo tiebreaker may be huge! Hopefully the Titans tank as they would have the edge on us.

Legend
Legend
I want to hear a BaldyBreakdown on the fight last night, lol!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

We dominated in everything except the final score. Freddie's offense still stinks. Freddie the HC still looks lost and out of his depth.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
They like us...they really like us:

https://deadline.com/2019/11/myles-garre...don-1202787177/

Snagging a 3.4 rating among adults 18-49 and an audience of just over 12 million, last night’s TNF wasn’t quite a season high, but it was close in more ways than one.
Surging 30% in the key demo over last week’s 26-24 West coast showdown between the Oakland Raiders and the winning Los Angeles Chargers, last night’s game was up 28% in viewers in the fast affiliates. That Raiders-Chargers game November 7 game ended up with a 3.9 rating and 13.5 million viewers in the final numbers – a result last night’s primetime-topping TNF is sure to beat.
Fast affiliates to fast affiliates, last night’s TNF is even with the comparable game of last year, when the Seattle Seahawks took down the Green Bay Packers 27-24. However, that November 15, 2018 matchup was down about 3% in total sets of eyeballs from last night’s game before being adjusted up to a 5.0 in the demo and 17 million viewers – which is what we could see today.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is pretty evident that OBJ and Baker have not put in the time to understand how to play as a team.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

L
Rookie
Rookie
L
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
They need to extend Schobert.

This. I don't get to see many games, I only have an antenna and I live in Indiana, but last night's game was on locally.

In my opinion Schobert was the most positive thing about the game for the Browns. I think many fans underrate him. Extending him should be a priority from what I can tell.

Legend
Legend
Overall, I'm pleased with the way they played...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
In my opinion, it wasn't Baker that was the big difference in stepping up into the pocket and escaping the rush when needed. The difference was the oline. In almost every other game, the interior of the line is being blown back into Baker's lap, taking away any escape lanes and creating a very small pocket for our shorter QB.

Could be it was a matchup thing where Pittsburgh's defensive linemen are not as difficult to matchup against or maybe it was the move from Kush to Teller. Lets hope it is the latter.

Protection on the edges still left a lot to be desired, but at least Baker had a way out this time around.

Last edited by s003apr; 11/16/19 10:41 AM.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Ok, 4, I watched that series of downs again. What exactly was “bad” about those plays? Unless a play is “bad” because it is not successful in which case every play caller calls a lot of bad plays.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The thing that has really bothered me this year is that the Browns always seem to be snapping the ball under 5 seconds. To me that suggests different offensive terminology, or players that don’t understand.

The offense is a shadow of last years. Frankly the pass stinks this year.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I feel our Browns should be on national tv every week. With all the bizarre plays, turnovers, and play calling it's not just a football game anymore but an adventure that now has turned into a soap opera. We should allow the rest of the country to see what we've had to put up with week after week for God knows how long.

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I feel like OBJ doesnt give a crap about this team or even try.

I could be wrong. Maybe he is just overrated. tongue
at least I got to see the Browns beat the steelers once. For some reason what happens the rest of the year or next year doesn't matter.

E
Legend
Legend
E

Here we go.....suck it, Steelers....

I love this team!

#freemylesgarrett

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I feel our Browns should be on national tv every week. With all the bizarre plays, turnovers, and play calling it's not just a football game anymore but an adventure that now has turned into a soap opera. We should allow the rest of the country to see what we've had to put up with week after week for God knows how long.

I feel like the game in 2 weeks will be the most viewed game in the history of the nfl. Because you know there will be a murder or 5.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Here we go.....suck it, Steelers....

I love this team!

#freemylesgarrett

Also, I didnt know about the yawning thing until this.

Tomlin is sad scum. How you like us now?

Where are the critics for Tomlin's bad behavior???
What would people say if Freddie did that???

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Cleveland Browns: Terry’s Talkin’ what was lost in Myles Garrett fight, suspension

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11...suspension.html

By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer
CAN WE TALK?

After the Browns 21-7 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Thursday night, Freddie Kitchens was furious.

Until Myles Garrett engaged in an ugly brawl with eight seconds left in the game, the Browns rookie head coach finally had a lot to celebrate.

Browns fans know the rest of the story. Garrett has been suspended for at least the rest of the season for ripping the helmet off Pittsburgh quarterback Mason Rudolph and using it to hit Rudolph in the head.

There were other suspensions announced by the NFL, including a one-gamer to Browns defensive lineman Larry Ogunjobi.

Suppose the fight didn’t happen. Suppose the Browns could have found a way to simply leave the field with class and enjoy a Cleveland team beating the Steelers for the first time since 2014.

I’ve written a lot about the Garrett incident and what it means to the Browns organization.

Let’s take a moment and look at what happened in the game:

1. Perhaps the ultimate Cleveland Brown in terms of football character is Nick Chubb. He carried the ball 27 times for 92 rugged yards against Pittsburgh’s determined defense. The quiet man from Georgia now has 1,011 rush yards in 10 games... an average of 101 per game. That’s big time.

2. The Browns defense picked off four Rudolph passes. Joe Schobert had two of those interceptions. He also had seven tackles, five “stops” by Profootballfocus (PFF). A stop is when a player “stops” a play from developing. Schobert also had a sack.

3. Schobert is having a Pro Bowl caliber season. A fourth-round pick in 2016, the Browns believe this is his best year as a pro.

4. The Browns sacked Rudolph four times. The sacks were recorded by Chad Thomas, Ogunjobi, Juston Burris and Schobert. They also had seven other QB hits. Garrett had three of those. He threw the ball 44 times, and was “hurried” by the Browns defense on 23 of those throws, according to PFF.

5. Kareem Hunt has become a key part of the offense, especially catching passes out of the backfield. He has quickly developed a chemistry with Baker Mayfield. Hunt has 13 receptions in two games since coming off suspension.

6. Odell Beckham Jr. caught a terrific 42-yard pass from Mayfield on the first drive of the game. His other three receptions were only for 18 total yards. Beckham had another dropped pass, giving him a team-high six for the year.

7. Facing a defense that has forced the second-most turnovers in the NFL, Mayfield didn’t throw any interceptions. He was 17-of-32 passing for 193 yards. His poise was back. For the second game in a row, he threw a pair of TD passes.

8. The Browns offensive line allowed one sack. Mayfield was hit only twice. No offensive linemen had any penalties. No holding. No false starts. No personal fouls.

9. Cleveland.com’s Scott Patsko had this note: Mayfield is only the fifth Browns QB to win a game against the Steelers since 1999. The others are Tim Couch (3), Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden and Brian Hoyer.

10. Rashard Higgins played 28 snaps. Not a single pass was thrown in his direction. My guess is Hunt has taken the place of Higgins as Mayfield’s safety valve when pressured.

11. Rookie tight end Stephen Carlson (undrafted from Princeton) played 12 snaps. He caught an 8-yard TD pass, fighting off a Steeler defender in the back of the end zone.

12. The Browns defensive line likely will have only one opening day starter (tackle Sheldon Richardson) when they take the field for their next game on Nov. 24 vs. the Miami Dolphins. Garrett and Ogunjobi are suspended. Olivier Vernon has missed the last two games with a knee injury. No word when he will back. Kitchens said Vernon “is getting closer" but they "won’t know more until early next week.”

13. I’m guessing that means Chad Thomas and Chris Smith will start at defensive ends, unless Vernon recovers. Devaroe Lawrence will probably start at tackle next to Richardson. Garrett is gone for the season. Not sure when Vernon will be back. That’s two defensive ends who have made Pro Bowls.

14. With the injuries to the defensive line, I keep wishing the Browns hadn’t traded Genard Avery to the Philadelphia Eagles for a fourth-round draft pick in 2021.

15. Damarious Randall was ejected for a helmet-to-helmet hit vs. the Steelers. I thought it was justified. Randall has missed four games due to injuries. A year ago, he had four interceptions. He has none this season.

16. Kitchens mentioned the Browns are 2-0 in the AFC North and this is the first time the Browns have defeated Pittsburgh and the Baltimore Ravens in the same season. That’s why this 4-6 season has been frustrating. A few times, the Browns have shown they can be a good team.

17. A super decision: The Browns deciding to keep Jamie Gillan as punter has been a huge plus for the special teams. According to PFF, Gillan ranks No. 3 overall among punters, No. 2 in hang-time of punts, and No. 1 on returns (only 4.59 average).

18. The special teams under new coordinator Mike Priefer have been the most consistent part of the team. Rookie kicker Austin Seibert had not missed a field goal until being wide with two in the Pittsburgh game. It will be a challenge for him to handle the cold weather and wind. Just ask Phil Dawson.

19. Football Outsiders ranks the Browns special teams at No. 6 this season. That’s up from No. 30 a year ago. I’ve long believed good coaching and just an average front office commitment to special teams makes a huge difference. Give GM John Dorsey and Kitchens credit for improving that part of the game.

20. I will be signing copies of my new book, VINTAGE CAVS, and my BROWNS BLUES today (Nov. 17) from 3-4 p.m. at Learned Owl Books in downtown Hudson. I will be signing those books at Barnes & Noble Fairlawn on Thursday (Nov. 21) from 7-8 p.m.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Good point about our STs ... to move up to 6th in the NFL after last year deserves kudos

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 21 Steelers 7 Post Game (NOT THE FIGHT)

Link Copied to Clipboard