Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
C
Legend
Legend
C
Getting Drew Forbes back is interesting, he had just started practicing with the first team when he got hurt. I wouldn’t be surprised if he unseats Hubbard at some point.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Getting Drew Forbes back is interesting, he had just started practicing with the first team when he got hurt. I wouldn’t be surprised if he unseats Hubbard at some point.
Lets hope. Thats not saying much, as Hubbard is hot garbage. But i am optimistic about Forbes. I have heard really good things about him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thought Forbes took most of his snaps ( training camp ) at guard ??

Legend
Legend
I have no idea where he was playing or may play going forward, but I'm all in favor of anything he can bring to the table that helps this OLine improve!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Works for me !

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Thought Forbes took most of his snaps ( training camp ) at guard ??

He was taking snaps at right guard with the first team but played all over with the second and third team.

Legend
Legend
am I remembering correctly that he played there in one of the preseason games and was a bit of a bulldozer in the run game??

It feels like a vague memory, but I don't know if I'm remembering it or imagining it.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I have no idea where he was playing or may play going forward, but I'm all in favor of anything he can bring to the table that helps this OLine improve!

I think right tackle was his position in college at Southeast Missouri State.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think Forbes is our future RG.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
With Garret likely out for a bit and Vernon dinged-up at best, I wonder what Wilks will do with his 4-2. Who plays the big safety role that Burnett was playing - and sometimes Whitehead?

I noticed Takitaki on the field the last two weeks and Wilson flashed yesterday and Shobert was a stud. With backups at DE and maybe without Larry O for a game, will Wilks file away the 4-2 for swhile until we get some guys back? Not to mention this:

Burnett finally has a noticeable game and now may be out for the year. If Randall gets a game suspension (which would be BS) we are going to have a problem at S. I wonder if Carrie or Mitchell will play some S?

Legend
Legend
Yeah, we’re going to have some holes to fill now ... Vernon/Garrett out ... no safeties to speak of either

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Yeah, we’re going to have some holes to fill now ... Vernon/Garrett out ... no safeties to speak of either

Randall will be back. We need to Eric Murray to get back ASAP.

Legend
Legend

Let’s hope Randall will be ... there’s more punishment forthcoming from the NFL

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O

Let’s hope Randall will be ... there’s more punishment forthcoming from the NFL

I read that as saying there'd be more punishment possible related to the end of the game incident. Randall's was different.

As an aside, I think the Randall hit was more deserving of punishment than Garrett. The hit was reminiscent of the Burfict hit on AB. Dude was bleeding from the ear and was practically carried off the field, into the tent, and then to the tunnel.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Just wasted a few minutes looking at free agents at DE and S...yikes.

M Wilkerson
N Orchard

D Kindred
G Iloka

Maybe I'll waste more time tomorrow looking at practice squads.

B
1st String
1st String
B

I sure as hell hope so, Hubbard is not that good, for one thing, and Drew has my last name, so I'm really rooting for him. lmao

Actually, I really had a good feeling the short time he was playing, he looked like he can hold his own.

W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
I won't be surprised if Lamm takes Robinson's job once fully healthy.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I'd take kindred and orchard back..lol..

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I'd take kindred and orchard back..lol..

We may have to.

B
1st String
1st String
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
am I remembering correctly that he played there in one of the preseason games and was a bit of a bulldozer in the run game??

It feels like a vague memory, but I don't know if I'm remembering it or imagining it.

I'm thinking you're rigtht, I seem to remember it as well, but maybe it's a group hallucination. lol

Legend
Legend
Nasib would come in handy now ... Illoka might be a long shot for us, unless there’s an aging CB somewhere who we could trade for and move to S

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Great news!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I wonder who we are cutting?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I wonder who we are cutting?

Pharaoh Brown seems to be the least useful TE at this point.

I hope we keep Carlson. I don't cut a guy who can make a catch like he did last week.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Morgan Burnett left the Pitt game with an achilles injury, he may go to IR.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
There you go.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Speed the day! If we need to have the offense carry the game to win it with Garrett gone, we can't have the same lame scoring and missed kicks. W looked better last week, but not imposing. Our offensive line play is occasionally acceptable.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Burris hasn’t looked awful .. in fact, he’s been a good blitzed (even was in the preseason IIRC)

Legend
Legend
I am not a big Pharaoh fan, but I pull for any player we field.

Doesn't seem like a lot of help to me either. Njoku needs to return soon. Fingers crossed. fingerscrossed

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

M Wilkerson
N Orchard

D Kindred
G Iloka

My practice squad scouting rofl didn't show much better.

Both Dallas and Detroit have DEs on their PS that look like they were bubble guys at the 53 cut down.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

M Wilkerson
N Orchard

D Kindred
G Iloka

My practice squad scouting rofl didn't show much better.

Both Dallas and Detroit have DEs on their PS that look like they were bubble guys at the 53 cut down.

FS Adrian Colbert Seahawks 6' 2", 210 4.38 40 time

SS Obi Melifonwu Patriots -Drafted by the Raiders #56 overall and never saw a snap. Belechick captured the 6' 4" 232 lb tackling machine and hid him on the practice squad to groom.

DE Jeff Holland Chargers Pure speed rusher. Undersized and a liability in the run game. I'd play him on 3rd downs only.

All these guys would be lottery tickets, but the best odds that I see.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Another guy to look at for DE is Corbin Kaufusi on the Jets practice squad. His older brother Bronson is also on the Jets PS. He is a 6'10" 275 lb ex basketball player that ran a 4.87 40 and did 25 reps in the bench press. He was also drafted in the XFL.

Again, lottery ticket, but looking for high ceilings here.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Morgan Burnett placed on IR.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/bro...medium=referral

No new on who will replace him on the roster. My guess is that it is David Njoku. I believe Kitchens said he is getting tested physically on Wednesday.

This injury might be a career ender for Morgan Burnett. He will be 31 in January and this is at least a one year injury. We can cut him and save $2.175M against the cap, I'd expect that we do that. It's hard to see another team giving him a chance coming off this injury midseason. Tough break.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No new on who will replace him on the roster. My guess is that it is David Njoku. I believe Kitchens said he is getting tested physically on Wednesday.

This injury might be a career ender for Morgan Burnett. He will be 31 in January and this is at least a one year injury. We can cut him and save $2.175M against the cap, I'd expect that we do that. It's hard to see another team giving him a chance coming off this injury midseason. Tough break.

Tough break, he was pkaying well.

If Murray can't make the game, we will be down to three Safeties.

[Linked Image]

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg

Juston Burris has played surprisingly well, especially when you consider that we cut him, then picked him up and cut him six days later, and then we brought him back. He and Randall are fine together. The problem is that we play a ton of big nickel, which means Sheldrick Redwine is on the field a ton (when he's been inactive most of the year) or we bring an extra corner onto the field (the most likely outcome) or we play three linebackers (Sione Takitaki has been playing a bit more). I'm hoping we see a bit of Takitaki in pass rushing situations as a way to make up for the loss of Myles Garrett (with Joe Schobert and/or Takitaki used as pass rushers).

(Four parentheticals!)

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: FL_Dawg

Juston Burris has played surprisingly well, especially when you consider that we cut him, then picked him up and cut him six days later, and then we brought him back. He and Randall are fine together. The problem is that we play a ton of big nickel, which means Sheldrick Redwine is on the field a ton (when he's been inactive most of the year) or we bring an extra corner onto the field (the most likely outcome) or we play three linebackers (Sione Takitaki has been playing a bit more). I'm hoping we see a bit of Takitaki in pass rushing situations as a way to make up for the loss of Myles Garrett (with Joe Schobert and/or Takitaki used as pass rushers).

(Four parentheticals!)
I wouldn't mind seeing more 3 LB set myself.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

I could be wrong, but I thought Burris has looked better than Murray...But we could use any "body" as it is right now.

What scares me most about Redwine is he is one the least disciplined players I've watched in college...hopefully he is a fast learner, however I have my doubts.

I heard we had Tank Carridine in for a visit...I remember when he came out of school, but he never really amounted to much in the pros....Remember how stocked that 49ers team was back then? (forget the year but I think 2012 or 2013) Man they were 2-3 deep at nearly every position.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum A look at the roster

Link Copied to Clipboard