Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Pittsburgh catches a break......again...

Pdawg #1696718 11/21/19 03:52 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
If true, Rudolph needs to be gone for some time. No place in sports for that.

There are 4 ways to prove it is true:

1. Rudolph confesses - not going to happen.
2. DeCastro/Villanueva say it happened - also not likely to happen
3. Field mic picked it up - possible but hard time believing thats not out yet
4. The ref standing over the initial fight say it happened - best possibility

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

What the hell?

So the Browns players have their punishments upheld, but the Steeler gets his reduced, after he punched and kicked Myles in the head??????

I am just about done with the NFL.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
So both Browns suspensions upheld
One Steelers suspension reduced
Steeler who should have been suspended just gets fined.

Got it. When Roger Goodell gets out from under Rooney's desk I'd like to ask him a few questions.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
If the CBA doesn't allow for indefinite suspensions, you would think the PA would have something to say about this, right?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
I literally hope every player involved on steelers side have career ending injuries, and that godell gets hit by a bus. The favoritism and blatant way they don't even try to hide is baffling in professional sports

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
If the NFL upheld an indefinite suspension for an on-field violation, isn't it in violation of the CBA? If so, where is the NFLPA?

Legend
Legend
Told ya. This is 100% about Myles swing and Pouncey's reaction. It doesn't matter who or what happened prior. You can't have a player swinging a helmet as a weapon or punching and kicking a guy in the helmet. That's what went viral and they're being punished for it.

I figured two games for Pouncey because that keeps him out of the Browns game. And as I predicted, Myles is gone for all of this season and probably part of next too.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
I literally hope every player involved on steelers side have career ending injuries, and that godell gets hit by a bus. The favoritism and blatant way they don't even try to hide is baffling in professional sports

That's so out of character for you to post something like this. [/sarcasm]

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well, recent events have shown that what I think should happen (common sense) isn't guiding these decisions...

but I see them reinstating him during the lull of the offseason, when fervor has all but died.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
mgh888 #1696734 11/21/19 04:11 PM
Legend
Legend

Hard to understand this ruling.

So it looks like they are blaming the whole incident on Myles.

I get he crossed the line with swinging the helmet.

However, I thought now that some time has passed that they would see all the circumstances and factors involved.

To reduce Pouncey and not Myles is disturbing. Then top it off with zero time for Rudolph is not a good look.

They wanted a villain and they wanted to set an example.

Obviously they didn't look at precedence.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

really not out of character for you to not know how html works..I think its funny you think I give a rats ass what a keyboard warrior thinks

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend

I'm not going there but I have no problem hoping Rudolph gets hit hard.. early and often in every game he plays, forever. Especially if it's us.

yebat' Putin
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Hard to understand this ruling.

So it looks like they are blaming the whole incident on Myles.

I get he crossed the line with swinging the helmet.

However, I thought now that some time has passed that they would see all the circumstances and factors involved.

To reduce Pouncey and not Myles is disturbing. Then top it off with zero time for Rudolph is not a good look.

They wanted a villain and they wanted to set an example.

Obviously they didn't look at precedence.

its simple...served two purposes, satisfies the mob mentality and the love in america for denial of due process, while screwing the browns.. Thats what helps Roger have sex with his wife

P
Legend
Legend
P
Precedence was the concussion lawsuit settlement. Nothing that happened before that matters anymore.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
TOTAL BS

Joe Thomas #73
PitDAWG #1696740 11/21/19 04:19 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Precedence was the concussion lawsuit settlement. Nothing that happened before that matters anymore.

Can you point me to the changes in the CBA at that time? Legal documents don't change just because public opinion changes or an unrelated lawsuit happens...

yebat' Putin
F
Rookie
Rookie
F
I predict NFL will leave the suspension as indefinite until about a week before the start of the 2020 season, and then they will tell us Garrett is out an additional 4 weeks to start the season. They want groveling and they want to screw us per usual.

NFL violates their own rules routinely. If Garrett is not re-instated by the time they want my money for next year's season tickets, they can kiss my A.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Can you point me to the changes in the CBA at that time? Legal documents don't change just because public opinion changes or an unrelated lawsuit happens...

We both know this isn't about the CBA. The NFL is ran by a lawyer. This could fall under conduct detrimental to the league and the personal conduct policy. You know the NFL can and will spin this any way they wish and the odds of a court reversal will be virtually non existent.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Unfortunately we have ownership ( like many other teams )that will just slink away now.

Needed is a " Fighting Mad Dawg " to start a fund raising campaign to lease as Many Build-boards in the Cleveland area and express how the Fans feel about the NFL treatment and Goodnut .. Get a few Boards up and watch the Media feed of it ...lol

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Punchsmack

really not out of character for you to not know how html works..I think its funny you think I give a rats ass what a keyboard warrior thinks

I know "[/sarcasm]" isn't real HTML. I did it on purpose, maybe that's too high brow for you to pick up. I never liked using a colored font to denote sarcasm.

Also, I'm not sure how I'm the "keyboard warrior" when you're the one wishing injury on people. Remember, you wished Tyronn Lue back into the hospital because you didn't like his in-game rotations. Yeah, good one.

But you did read my reply and respond, so you do give a rat's ass what I think.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Note to all Browns DLine: It is Ok to kick opponents in the head repeatedly while they are on the ground.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Note to all Browns DLine: It is Ok to kick opponents in the head repeatedly while they are on the ground.

Yeah, if they want a 2-game suspension. It's not like Pouncey got off completely.

People were calling for Pouncey to get nothing because he was simply coming to the aid of his QB. I thought that was crazy talk. Again, it's optics. The helmet swing and Pouncey's attack is what went viral and those are the two that got punished the most. I still don't get Larry's suspension, other than maybe he could have caused a bigger brawl to start up, but I guess that's what you get by coming into a brawl and pushing people over.

And he didn't really kick Myles in the head, he attempted to. The foot barely made contact with his helmet.

[Linked Image]

M
Legend
Legend
M

Open season on testicle wrenching and cleating them, too! Won't even get suspended for it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You need to chill little fella.
rofl

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

It will only get you two games anyway. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
1st String
1st String
Note to Baker it's fine to kick and punch any opposing defensive player in the junk and try to make some olde fashioned nuttbutter and you will just be fined

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
D
Legend
Legend
D

Dave #1696772 11/21/19 05:29 PM
O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Originally Posted By: Dave

No way the NFL would want that out there if true, sorry I dont believe them...I bet any evidence has been misplaced.

Dave #1696773 11/21/19 05:29 PM
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Weird, seeing ho the allegation just happened and broke - what type of "investigation" could have been done so quickly?

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
What a crock a ****!!!

I’m certainly going to voice my displeasure to the NFL over this nonsense.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Weird, seeing ho the allegation just happened and broke - what type of "investigation" could have been done so quickly?

Garrett brought it up in the meeting yesterday. They had time. With that said, if the NFL says one thing, believe the other thing.

R
Legend
Legend
R
If I were Garrett I would retire. I would not grovel to any man or organization. He's going to have to meet with Goodell at some point and beg to get his job back and maybe have to agree to do something dumb like anger management classes. I'd tell the NFL to go and pound sand.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Good point.

[Linked Image]

cfrs15 #1696780 11/21/19 05:35 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Garrett brought it up in the meeting yesterday. They had time. With that said, if the NFL says one thing, believe the other thing.

I'll go on the record and say I think Garrett was lying about this. If this were true there's no way it wouldn't have come out already. This was a ploy to tilt the decision in his favor that likely backfired.

Rishuz #1696781 11/21/19 05:38 PM
O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
You really think the NFL would want that to get out?

Rishuz #1696782 11/21/19 05:38 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I'll go on the record and say I think Garrett was lying about this. If this were true there's no way it wouldn't have come out already. This was a ploy to tilt the decision in his favor that likely backfired.

idk man... Garrett might be one of the quietest best players I have seen in the NFL. He hates attention. literally... Chubb too

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend

The NFL has high-priced and smart lawyers. They knew this might happen and I'm sure they checked the audio long before the appeal.

It could be possible that they're covering it up because that would only make the media circus worse. Plus, they're trying to kill this story and move on. I'd doubt an on-field mic would have picked that up anyway.

Oh well. It's all over but waiting to hear when Rodger wants to take the meeting with Myles. My bet, he waits until just before the preseason games start, leaving Garrett out of training camp, and re-instates him after an additional 4-6 games of 2020.

Like Ron Artest, this will follow Garrett around for the rest of his life. It will always be the first thing people think about when referring to him (unless he gets a Super Bowl MVP next year).

[Linked Image]

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Garrett part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard