Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Good news

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Would rather have had Duke. We probably win the Seahawks game and possibly the Rams if Duke is out there instead of Hilliard.

Now that Hunt is back it’s a moot point tho, so good to get a little more.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I would rather have Hunt and their 3rd than Duke thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Duke for an offensive lineman, loved Duke but this works for me.

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: BADdog
Duke for an offensive lineman, loved Duke but this works for me.

Loved him too we are better now

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: myka
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Would rather have had Duke. We probably win the Seahawks game and possibly the Rams if Duke is out there instead of Hilliard.

Now that Hunt is back it’s a moot point tho, so good to get a little more.

I didn’t want to trade duke for this reason ... what we got for him I was THRILLED .... it ended up hurting us pretty big so far this year ...

O
Legend
Legend
O
Fleeced them.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Only a win if Dorsey and Company make a GOOD pick.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I was a big fan of Duke. That said - with Freddie Brain Fart Kitchens calling the games the way he did vs SEA and LA ... I really don't know that having him was going to make a difference. We had more than enough talent on the team - it was the HC and OC performance that killed us. A 3rd round for Duke? That's good business.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: waterdawg

That’s not how this works.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I'm confident Dorsey and Company will make a good pick.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Duke went from one of our top play makers to about #8 ... Landry, OBJ, Baker, Chubb, Hunt, Njoku and Higgins

Last edited by PastorMarc; 11/17/19 06:59 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Duke might've helped us while Hunt was out. We can hypothetical this to death, but as someone who wasn't all in on the hype, I'm still applauding the long-term move.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Duke might've helped us while Hunt was out. We can hypothetical this to death, but as someone who wasn't all in on the hype, I'm still applauding the long-term move.

I was totally against trading Duke Johnson but getting a third back for him is insane value.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I was totally against trading Duke Johnson but getting a third back for him is insane value.

Yeah, I liked Duke and wanted to keep him as long as we could but in the end, this is a pretty sweet payback for us.

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O

I was a Duke fan as well.

And, under the best circumstances he wouldve been like hunt and given us a couple more 3rd down conversions each game. That sounds wonderful, but I'd trade a third in this next draft.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
I'm confident Dorsey and Company will make a good pick.

History isn't on our side.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Yeah, I liked Duke and wanted to keep him as long as we could but in the end, this is a pretty sweet payback for us.

Excellent return.

I look at it this way. Prior to Hunts return, would Duke have impacted a game enough to help win one of the losses? Maybe, but probably not.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Excellent return.

I look at it this way. Prior to Hunts return, would Duke have impacted a game enough to help win one of the losses? Maybe, but probably not.

That's kinda what I was getting at. Our offense was such a mess, would we have taken advantage of his skills?

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I liked Duke a good deal and didn't know what Hunt might bring in this offense as called (we named the eight failed FK calls that were point-blank at the goal line, all failures this: "Fred Right 88.") Hope we see this tandem backfield a bunch.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Fleeced them.

Ahh, they got a good guy and a good player.. he's worth a 3rd I think.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Fleeced them.

Ahh, they got a good guy and a good player.. he's worth a 3rd I think.

Yes they got a good player for a 3rd. We picked Hunt up for nothing off the scrap heap and got a 3rd for Duke. We fleeced them.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
With Hunt back and already contributing, we're in a great spot now and in the future.

Do we have Hunt only this year, or through next year?

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I think just this season

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
With Hunt back and already contributing, we're in a great spot now and in the future.

Do we have Hunt only this year, or through next year?

He is an exclusive rights free agent after this season, which means he’s back unless we don’t want him.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

In 2017 Hunt had 1,327 rushing yards and 455 receiving yards with 11 tds.

In 2018, in 11 games, Hunt had 824 yards rushing and 378 receiving with 14 tds.

Duke Johnson is not and will never be Kareem Hunt.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yea ; Working for you since 1999 ! !

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

In 2017 Hunt had 1,327 rushing yards and 455 receiving yards with 11 tds.

In 2018, in 11 games, Hunt had 824 yards rushing and 378 receiving with 14 tds.

Duke Johnson is not and will never be Kareem Hunt.
In 10 games, Nick Chubb has 1011 yards and 6 TDs.

Doesn't really matter, but I just like giving his stat line. I said before the year that Chubb was just as good if not better than Kareem and people said I was nuts.

Just want to tip my cap to myself for a second smile

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

Just want to tip my cap to myself for a second smile

It's a rough job but somebody had to do it. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...

Nice return for Duke. Not sure how much Hilliard was being utilized and that with Duke here getting those reps there would have been different outcomes. I was hoping to trade Duke right before the trade deadline as in down to the wire so we only would miss a few games until Hunt became activated. But you can't always have it perfect for you.

He's a player we would not have pursued and would not be earning that 2nd contract. Unless as I had expressed many times, we made him into a WR instead of RB...Higgins, hurt, Njoku hurt. Duke would have been able to bring a toughness to the WR corp as he would have been a WR with a RB body and skill set to run after the catch YAC against small DBs.

All in all that was not going to happen - Duke even asked for that position change once??? The 3rd round pick was a good exchange for Duke. Safety, OL, TE...would be a good spot to take one of them!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Fun fact on Kareem Hunt... in the 11 games he played with the Chiefs last year they averaged

318.5 passing yards
115.8 rushing yards
36.7 ppg
and were 9-2

In the 16 games since he left (not counting 2 playoff games) they have averaged

298.2 passing yards
101.2 rushing yards
29.3 ppg
and were 10-6

So..

Passing yards down 20.3 per game
Rushing yards down 14.6 per game
Points down 7.4 per game

and winning % from 81.8% to 62.5%....

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: eotab
j/c...

Nice return for Duke. Not sure how much Hilliard was being utilized and that with Duke here getting those reps there would have been different outcomes. I was hoping to trade Duke right before the trade deadline as in down to the wire so we only would miss a few games until Hunt became activated. But you can't always have it perfect for you.

He's a player we would not have pursued and would not be earning that 2nd contract. Unless as I had expressed many times, we made him into a WR instead of RB...Higgins, hurt, Njoku hurt. Duke would have been able to bring a toughness to the WR corp as he would have been a WR with a RB body and skill set to run after the catch YAC against small DBs.

All in all that was not going to happen - Duke even asked for that position change once??? The 3rd round pick was a good exchange for Duke. Safety, OL, TE...would be a good spot to take one of them!

jmho

We probably win the Seahawks game if we have Duke instead of Hilliard, making us 5-5 in a much better position to make the playoffs. Also might've beat the Broncos, but that's wishful thinking.

How quickly people forget all the great clutch 3rd down grabs Duke made for us.

Duke:

Hilliard:

But hey, a 3rd rounder!

I don't blame Dorsey, Duke wanted a bigger role and Kitchens wasn't giving it to him so Dorsey got what he could, but man I really like Duke Johnson.

It's a moot point now that Hunt is back, but we def were missing a dump off receiving RB threat for the first 9 games.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
j/c...

jmho

We probably win the Seahawks game if we have Duke instead of Hilliard, making us 5-5 in a much better position to make the playoffs. Also might've beat the Broncos, but that's wishful thinking.

How quickly people forget all the great clutch 3rd down grabs Duke made for us.

Duke:

Hilliard:

But hey, a 3rd rounder!

I don't blame Dorsey, Duke wanted a bigger role and Kitchens wasn't giving it to him so Dorsey got what he could, but man I really like Duke Johnson.

It's a moot point now that Hunt is back, but we def were missing a dump off receiving RB threat for the first 9 games.

none of this matters.

Duke requested to be traded.

He was gone anyway. I'm glad we got someting for him.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
Legend
O
A third rounder for a RB like Duke (as great as he was for us) is amazing. I applaud Dorsey for squeezing a 3rd out of a team for a guy that everyone knew was practically out the door. A 3rd is a big deal.

But I loved Duke too. It's very tempting to play the 'what-if' game with our losses. I'll put it out there, I bet we win the Rams game. That's one game that sticks out to me because we were oh so close. You switch a couple plays around here and there (especially 3rd downs) and you're talking about adding a score or a FG for us or even taking away points from them. One key guy might've swung that game around. Not sure about the rest, though.
As I've said before in other threads, the RB corps is way way down the list of issues with this team.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
[quote=eotab][color:#FFCC33]j/c...

none of this matters.

Duke requested to be traded.

He was gone anyway. I'm glad we got someting for him.

I said in my post it wasn't Dorsey's fault because Duke asked to be traded, BUT the reason he asked to be traded is because he wasn't being used.

I'd rather have 1-2 more wins right now than a 3rd rounder, but if people don't feel that way oh well, moot point now anyways.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A third rounder for a RB like Duke (as great as he was for us) is amazing. I applaud Dorsey for squeezing a 3rd out of a team for a guy that everyone knew was practically out the door. A 3rd is a big deal.

But I loved Duke too. It's very tempting to play the 'what-if' game with our losses. I'll put it out there, I bet we win the Rams game. That's one game that sticks out to me because we were oh so close. You switch a couple plays around here and there (especially 3rd downs) and you're talking about adding a score or a FG for us or even taking away points from them. One key guy might've swung that game around. Not sure about the rest, though.
As I've said before in other threads, the RB corps is way way down the list of issues with this team.

It's way down the list NOW, cuz Hunt is back. I'd trade any future 3rd round pick for 1 win when "in the hunt" any time.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I disagree. RB probably didn't crack the top 10 list of issues with the team in those first 9 games.

Things like Freddie's playcalling, team discipline, Baker's regression, DB injuries, and the Online struggling with pass protection eclipsed any issue of who we were throwing out there at RB.

Would Duke have helped? Sure, but you're talking about a couple extra third down conversions. Who knows, maybe we win the Rams game. That's all I see the needle moving with Duke.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
I didn't believe the preseason hype. We'll be in the hunt when Baker shows he's a FQB and Freddie shows he belongs at HC.

Now... with the benefit of hindsight, neither of those things would happen this season.

Last edited by oobernoober; 11/23/19 10:04 AM. Reason: Clarified my last sentence

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
The entire secondary was out for the Rams game - maybe if Duke could lace 'em up and play safety? He definitely wasn't changing Freddie's mind with his 1st and goal = 4 straight passes to end the game. I really don't think we've ever missed Duke, our offense was in a total state of "discombobulation" the first eight games... He wasn't fixing that.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Duke Johnson Traded

Link Copied to Clipboard