Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1696554 11/21/19 09:52 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Lacking MG, and given the Fins' record, who do you feel will shine Sunday with a breakout performance? I think perhaps Hunt and BM, and maybe Ward.

Chubb is also a real possibility. Hope we have a fish fry. Who do you think? Try for one on O and one on D.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We have lost Myles Garrett, our best player. We have also lost several other key members of the defense due to suspension or injury. Mainly all are on the DL.

How do you peeps expect to win without a defensive line?

4-12 here we come!! Yipee!!

Legend
Legend
I think we need Lawrence to step up on the DL and it’d be nice if our O clicked more consistently to take pressure off the D

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Richardson. Dude needs to channel his old self for a couple games.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
Miami is better than most on here are giving them credit for ... Flores has them playing hard and there no longer the pushovers they were a month ago ...

With our suspensions and injuries ... this is Gonna be way tougher than ya’all think ..

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
We have lost Myles Garrett, our best player. We have also lost several other key members of the defense due to suspension or injury. Mainly all are on the DL.

How do you peeps expect to win without a defensive line?

4-12 here we come!! Yipee!!
because it’s called depth.

Legend
Legend
Sheldon Richardson & DeVaroe Lawrence; Chad Thomas and Chris Smith.
I think we will be ok, actually. Their OLine is a bunch of no-names minus Davenport, and he is dinged up a bit. This is exactly the sort of situation our backup DL should be able to shine; like a preseason 3rd quarter matchup.

Beyond that, Mack Wilson and whomever we have playing Slot CB will be working a lot.

Vernon was DNP yesterday, so I'm betting we will still be without him this week, and that makes sense. Even if he *could* be ok to go, hold him out another week and have him ready for Pittsburgh, take the gamble that we can handle Miami without him.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Richardson. Dude needs to channel his old self for a couple games.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
He's been playing pretty dang solidly for us!

Browns is the Browns

B
2nd String
2nd String
B
On D I look for Greedy to have a pick six, not sure why as he hasn't been playing that well, but I just have a feeling.

On O I feel very confident the game plan is to throw the ball all over the field. So if this works I think either Baker passes for 400 yards or OBJ receives for 150 yards, or both.

Go Browns!!

Legend
Legend
I think the DT Lawrence will step in quite nicely to help with Larry being out on suspension.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ward is always there he has missed or dropped 4-5 Int's he is overdue smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Lot of hope here. Ground pound all day? Hope we throw well. Keeping our O in drives that score will help us minimize some of the losses on D. I think this will be tighter than we might expect, but we manage it. Put it away before the fourth quarter. fingerscrossed

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Lot of hope here. Ground pound all day?

Excuse me?

When has Freddie ever grounded and pounded???

Not yet in his 18 weeks and final 6.

Legend
Legend

I expect them to score on us.

I have respect for Fitz. He is smart and be very accurate at times.

But in this game we have to score. They are bad defensive team. Not much pressure on the qb. Bad against the run. Inexperienced defensive backfield.

We have Hunt/Chubb. Baker has played better. They are starting to develop chemistry with receivers.

we should be able to score 30+.

It would be a real bad deal losing this game.

Because all eyes seem to be on the rematch.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
He's been playing pretty dang solidly for us!

On a line that included Garrett coming off the end over Left Tackle,
it might have had something to do with it.

Legend
Legend
It no doubt has, but that doesn't remotely suggest that if we had lined up Joe Schmuckateli in that spot he would have anywhere near the same production.

He is playing really well. Period.

Now, he gets one week of being the only starter in the room. It's a tall order for ANY of those guys, even if it were Myles in his shoes (helmet?). He just has to show up a little bigger and still just do his job and trust the guys next to him do theirs.

Next week we get Ogun back, and perhaps Vernon will be ready by then as well.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm performing all of the animal sacrifices and voodoo dances so that Vernon will be back for the trip to Pitt... :-p

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Bard, I think chad Thomas already has 2 or 3 sacks. I think he will go for a multi sack day!

Last edited by keithfromxenia; 11/22/19 02:50 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Game plan should be VERY simple: Possess the ball for LONG periods of time resulting in TDs to keep the defense from being exposed (I expect it to be). Will Freddie do it? Of course not. He's Freddie. He really doesn't understand the NFL game yet. If he plays for a shootout, it could backfire on him. Go Browns.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
So let me get this straight, beast. After coaching 14 years in the nfl Freddie does not “understand” the nfl.?? Really?? And you do I take it?? You do realize how silly that sounds don’t you??

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: keithfromxenia
So let me get this straight, beast. After coaching 14 years in the nfl Freddie does not “understand” the nfl.?? Really?? And you do I take it?? You do realize how silly that sounds don’t you??

Freddie should not be a head coach in the NFL. He is in WAY over his head. He is stubborn. He has a huge ego. He is NOT a leader. He is WAY too emotional in situations where he needs to clearly be calm to make better in game decisions. Is that better?

It's my OPINION. I am entitled to it. And you are entitled to disagree. Thanks.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
We are banged up big time. Beckham has been limited all week also. The dolphins have one player as questionable and one as doubtful. Other than that everyone can play for them.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: slick
Other than that everyone can play for them.

... don't forget the 2 DBs they IR'd, and the starting RB they cut....

... and the 2 legit NFL talents they traded at the start of the season...

Yup, other than that, they're at full strength. Am I missing anyone?

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Game plan should be VERY simple: Possess the ball for LONG periods of time resulting in TDs to keep the defense from being exposed (I expect it to be).

Long sustained drives to score TDs and keep your defense off the field isn't a game plan... 32 out of 32 coaches would do that 16 weeks a year if it were only that simple...

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Last edited by DevilDawg2847; 11/22/19 05:24 PM.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: slick
Other than that everyone can play for them.

... don't forget the 2 DBs they IR'd, and the starting RB they cut....

... and the 2 legit NFL talents they traded at the start of the season...

Yup, other than that, they're at full strength. Am I missing anyone?

You probably are. In all seriousness, we have lost to teams this year that were .missing both starting offensive tackles. we lost to a qb who had zero starts in the nfl before playing us. So, would it really be such a surprise if we lost to the dolphins?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Oh, nobody is saying we CAN'T lose.. just that we shouldn't. Even without Myles and a couple other players we should win this one going away.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: The Beast

Freddie should not be a head coach in the NFL. He is in WAY over his head. He is stubborn. He has a huge ego. He is NOT a leader. He is WAY too emotional in situations where he needs to clearly be calm to make better in game decisions. Is that better?

I remember a lot of people saying almost exactly those same things about a coach we had when Modell ripped the team out from under us. Man ..... what was that coach's name .......? tongue

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: The Beast

I remember a lot of people saying almost exactly those same things about a coach we had when Modell ripped the team out from under us. Man ..... what was that coach's name .......? tongue

Except for the "emotional" part. Nobody ever accused Bill "Chuckles" Belichick of being too emotional. A fencepost showed more emotion than he did.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Marty Schottenheimer?
brownie

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Cowher? Very emotional individual, think he was STs here.

T
Legend
Legend
T
All I'm trying to say is

Is this a Statement game for Baker Mayfield,

This has a chance for Mayfield to put a "stamp" on what this year is going to be regarding his development.

I hope this is a statement game for Mayfield and I disagree that a shootout is something to avoid

He's got Beckham,
The Tight ends he's been working with all year,
I think Higgins is playing in all likelihood,

The running game should be solid with as much depth as all year,

Use his tight ends,
And Jarvis Landry is still playing I think.

No reason this can't be a statement game for Baker.

If it's not I'm going to blame the coaches. thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
I agree ... Baker should play well today IMO. We are coming off a mini bye with some momentum against a bad team

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Let’s go lawrence

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
I hope the browns use this week to show the league offices that the final score will be measured by the opposing teams injured reserve list.
By the way those blitzes by the browns last got home going right through where Pouncey was blocking.

Legend
Legend
So far so good

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here to eat my crow. D did better than expected.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2019 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 41 Dolphins 24 Step Up and Shine!

Link Copied to Clipboard