Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’m not sure why FOX is trying to push the noon kickoff anyways? It’s been a goal of there’s to do so ... and I’m not a fan. I’m of the thought that marquee CFB games should be played at 3:30 or 8 (at least one game in each slot per week) and then the other games can act as fillers

They scheduled this game for noon a few weeks ago too, when this was a possible 1v4 matchup.

Hilarious that when OSU plays at Penn State, they always will make it a night game. That's literally all Penn State has.

If nothing else, this should have been in the 3:30 slot, which if you ask me, is the best slot of the day, especially late in the year when it starts off light, and eventually the lights come on. Always cool

Legend
Legend
I agree ... that 3:30 slot is awesome

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Buckeyes are killing 'em. Should let the clock run through halftime at Rutgers.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Rutgers is quite bad

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Legend
Legend
S
1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Georgia

I do think Oklahoma can leap frog the loser of the SEC title game. Having that extra game will be huge.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Rutgers is quite bad

well, 7 of their 8 losses came inside the big ten, and someone has to lose when two big ten teams play each other. Therefore, Rutgers is a good team.

LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Rutgers is quite bad

well, 7 of their 8 losses came inside the big ten, and someone has to lose when two big ten teams play each other. Therefore, Rutgers is a good team.

LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL
willynilly

Legend
Legend
1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Georgia

I do think Oklahoma can leap frog the loser of the SEC title game. Having that extra game will be huge.

1. LSU
2. Ohio St
3. Clemson
4. Georgia

And I agree about Oklahoma now ... it could come down to them or Oregon trying to nip for the #4 spot

Legend
Legend
I hate it....typically have stuff with the wife or boys during the day... so typically need to tape the game... will need to figure Out a way to watch the game live...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Buckeyes are 18 point favorites

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Doesn't that sound a bit extreme? Wow.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
YIKES

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: FATE

Penn States secondary is bad Indiana lit them up Fields will have (pardon the pun) a field day with our WR's smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
S
Legend
Legend
S

Last 3 meetings have been decided by like 5 points.

I would take PSU and the points, esp with Michigan being next week. Not saying trap game, but you know what I mean. 18 is a big number.

Legend
Legend

I would take PSU and the points, esp with Michigan being next week. Not saying trap game, but you know what I mean. 18 is a big number.

I don't know... In Penn State's last 2 games they were losing to Minnesota 24-10 late in the 2nd quarter and they had to hang on to beat Indiana... OSU is significantly better than both of those teams... If OSU gets out to an early lead, this one could get away from PSU..

yebat' Putin
B
Legend
Legend
B
Rutgers is quite bad

LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL

That only works when it is good teams having to play each other. thumbsup

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

I don't know... In Penn State's last 2 games they were losing to Minnesota 24-10 late in the 2nd quarter and they had to hang on to beat Indiana... OSU is significantly better than both of those teams... If OSU gets out to an early lead, this one could get away from PSU..

Agree. I actually don't think this game will be all that close.

Further, Ohio State is 8-2 against the spread this year. OSU also only giving up 9.5 points per game at home while the offense is averaging 51 points per game at home.

Ryan Day will have them rolling and looking to make another statement.

Buckeyes roll.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So there is a group of tOSU fans that want to boycott ESPN College Gameday. Mainly because they feel “ESPN is against us”

Can you guys do me a favor, and just just shut your pie hole? You are the same fans that forced Kirk Herbstreit out of his Columbus home, and the same fans that give us all a bad name. When someone says to me, “I hate tOSU fans”, you are the main reason.

Stop giving me a bad name, keep my name out of your mouth.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
Choke job incoming.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Choke job avoided. That Olave 28-yard TD was the backbreaking play.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
T
Legend
Legend
T
Psu couldn't do squat in the 4th quarter on offense,

back to back sacks, many penalties before the snaps, centers snapping the ball early 2 times it looked like,

once on a 4th and big very late, which should have been a turnover on downs but the refs called it a false start which also went bad for psu,

their final snap on offense had a holding penalty declined,

There was an interception thrown by penn state on their 2nd or 3rd to last possession,

So there were more than a couple back breaing plays,

60% plus of the refs calls went penn states way,

the fumble called against Justin Fields where his knee was down,
The fumble called against Justin Fields where he crossed the plane of the goal line in the first half.

The Safety that wasn't ruled a safety

and some others,

Buckeyes had disfavorbale, (but not abominably, refs),
and a 3-1 turnover disadvantage and still won by 11 points.

J.K. Dobbins had rushed for 145 by sometime in the late 3rd or early 4th, so he could have gone 150+ easily.

That was a good team the Buckeyes beat today!
thumbsup

28-17 Ohio State! 11-0

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Just looking for discussion and ideas...

When we are acting like the CFP committee and considering the different rankings.....

Did this game tell us more about Ohio State or tell us more about Penn State???

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
A
Legend
Legend
A
Both.

P
Legend
Legend
P
11-0

P
Legend
Legend
P
417 Yards to 227 for PSU

Legend
Legend
Second fumble I thought fields was down... first one he was short of goal line so I thought it was a good call...

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

Further, Ohio State is 8-2 against the spread this year. OSU also only giving up 9.5 points per game at home while the offense is averaging 51 points per game at home.

Buckeyes roll.

Buckeyes played sloppy and did not cover and should have easily. cry

Legend
Legend
Not our best game, but a great W. Turnovers changed the game: we coulda won by 4 TDS.

ON TO ICHIGAN

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
A two score win against a ranked opponent. Three turnovers that turned a blowout win into a much closer game.
It shows me that our team has resiliency and resolve. Because of turnovers (not penalties which are discipline/mental mistakes) Penn State got within 4 points. The team understood the moment. They quickly got the offense into the end zone to increase the lead again. Then the D absolutely rose to the occasion and decimated the opposing O.
This game was a show of what our team is made of internally. That isn’t tested, or shown, in blowout victories. It’ll serve us well next week and into the bowl season.

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Great job by Ohio State yesterday. Weathered a tough storm when they had that rash of turnovers, but proved to be dominant in the end. Too much Fields, too much Young.

Dobbins was an absolute workhorse too.

So I think the playoff picture is still pretty interesting..

I believe LSU will stay at the top spot in the rankings come tuesday. They have a home game against A&M, and I can't see them slipping up there.

Ohio State should also stay at 2. I believe the Michigan game will be a hard fought game, I just wonder what kind of points Michigan will be able to put up on this defense.

Clemson should beat a very bad South Carolina team.

Georgia should beat a bad GT team. Utah should beat Colorado. Then you have the Iron Bowl with Alabama and Auburn, but I honestly believe Alabama is out at this point.

I've said it a bunch the last few weeks, teams getting the extra game due to conference titles is going to be HUGE.

Alabama has no case over any conference champion. Ohio State got in a few years ago as a team that didn't make their conference championship, but I believe they finished with 3 wins against current top 10 or 12 teams. Alabama currently has no wins against anyone in the AP top 25.

Just so we're straight here...

LSU has wins over #5 Alabama, #8 Florida, #16 Auburn

Ohio State has #18 Cincinnati, #13 Wisconsin, #12 Penn State

Clemson does not have a win in the top 25

Georgia beat #15 Notre Dame, #8 Florida, #16 Auburn

Alabama does not have a win in the top 25

I do think Utah or Oklahoma have a shot to get in if they win out.

I think LSU can still get in with a loss in the SEC title game. I would put their resume even as a runner up in the SEC above Oklahoma or Utahs resume.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What I think will be interesting is if LSU beats Georgia in the SEC Championship game.

If Georgia wins, both get in. Assuming OSU and Clemson win out, who is the 4th team that gets in? A 2 loss Georgia team that doesn't win the conference? A one loss Alabama that doesn't get even get into the conference championship game and as you illustrate, no major wins? Utah or Oklahoma?

My bet would be Alabama because it's Alabama

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
S
Legend
Legend
S
There's no way you can put a two-loss team that didn't win their conference in.

Not to mention, if people are going to pick apart the way Ohio State lost on the road to Purdue and Iowa the last few years, how can you not knock Georgia for losing at home to a team they were favored by 3 touchdowns?

If Georgia does not win the SEC, they are most definitely out.

Legend
Legend
Jc

Just seeing the newest poll, we gained a little ground on LSU

Legend
Legend

Buckeyes roll.

Buckeyes played sloppy and did not cover and should have easily. cry

They should have. I thought that if OSU doesn't let PSU back in the game they had a chance to jump over LSU who beat Baton Rouge Middle School.. letting PSU back in the game hurt them in getting to #1... overall doesn't matter, #2 or #1.. still in. Might rather be #2 the way it's going. Probably rather play Clemson than Georgia in the first game.

yebat' Putin
S
Legend
Legend
S
1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Clemson
4. Georgia

Ohio State comes in at the top spot, although it will be interesting if everyone wins next week, and on championship weekend LSU beats Georgia, while Ohio State beats the Wisc/Minn winner. Ohio State may need to drub that opponent to stay at 1.

Legend
Legend
Will be interesting... just win out and let's get going

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Love it!

S
Legend
Legend
S
Can't wait. I think Michigan's only chance is to bottle up Dobbins, and make sure Fields can't move the chains with his legs.

The turnovers against PSU made that game closer than it should have been, but that was also a bit of OSU shooting themselves in the foot.

I expect a good game on Saturday. I know we have blown them out a few times over this 15/16 stretch or whatever it is, but I think Michigan shows up Saturday.

If they don't, is that it for Harbaugh? Can you really bring that guy back if he's 0-5 in the most important game of every season?

Legend
Legend
J/c

What’s the current spread?

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Thee Ohio State Football Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard