Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Legend
Legend
M
Jim is sensitive....

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thinks so too, he's really worked his ass off to get where he's at. He deserves a top round choice in my opinion. Pesonally I would love to have a guy like him on my squad. But then again I'm not a NFL GM. I just see the desire to succeed in J.K.'s eyes and he strikes me as a top pick that I would want leading my team.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester
A better ichigan team is good for tOSU.
Beating them means more in the national rankings if they are better

Doesn't matter if you win out thumbsup

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
They were comparing Dobbins to Emmitt Smith, thats crazy, but who knows.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
I thinks so too, he's really worked his ass off to get where he's at. He deserves a top round choice in my opinion. Pesonally I would love to have a guy like him on my squad. But then again I'm not a NFL GM. I just see the desire to succeed in J.K.'s eyes and he strikes me as a top pick that I would want leading my team.

Absolutely, I think he can play in just about any NFL offense too.

Gonna miss seeing him in scarlet and gray. If OSU can finish off this season with a championship (long way to go), I think he goes down with the all time greats at OSU, and they've had some good ones

M
Legend
Legend
M
Foreshadowing from TBDBITL...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
FOX Sports

Keep my name out of your mouth, remember, you are southern.

You have no business here. Southern network and Donald Trump is more your style.

Keep my name out of your mouth. C L E

Fox is big in Pittsburg, and West Virginia

You are either with me or against me

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
P
Legend
Legend
P
Dobbins is another Chubb on and off the field smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
5 years in, Harbaugh just didn't get the job done. These are all his recruits and coaching hires. He had all the resources imaginable to build an elite program and failed. Outcoached again, this time at home by a rookie HC. Looking at the rivalry, TTUN is trending downward, not making progress. They lost by more points and gave up more yards at home than they did last year on the road....to a new coach and qb. For what they're paying JH, that can't be acceptable. But what big name coach is going to want to tackle this mess?

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: jfanent
5 years in, Harbaugh just didn't get the job done. These are all his recruits and coaching hires. He had all the resources imaginable to build an elite program and failed. Outcoached again, this time at home by a rookie HC. Looking at the rivalry, TTUN is trending downward, not making progress. They lost by more points and gave up more yards at home than they did last year on the road....to a new coach and qb. For what they're paying JH, that can't be acceptable. But what big name coach is going to want to tackle this mess?

Les Miles? I don't even know if he would make a difference at this point. Good coach, but I don't think he's the type that can fix the mess there.

Michigan, much like Notre Dame, has been living off their name for years, and even that is starting to fade. Neither of them are top tier programs. They are respectable programs that can win games, and finish with a ranking, but they aren't what LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and Alabama are, and they aren't even close.

Legend
Legend
Agreed .. Michigan simply isn’t a blue chip program any longer ... they can’t get the same type or number of recruits

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Legend
Legend
A
It was a great win for the Buckeyes yesterday.

We had about 35 people over to watch the game, eat, drink, etc. However, since my wife is a HUGE michigan fan, I personally found it hard to celebrate the Bucks victory.

Wait. No, I didn't find it difficult to celebrate. Oddly, I found it very easy, as did the other 28 Buckeye fans in attendance.

S
Legend
Legend
S
maybe the best sleeping on the couch moment one could have lol

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Les Miles? I don't even know if he would make a difference at this point. Good coach, but I don't think he's the type that can fix the mess there.

Michigan, much like Notre Dame, has been living off their name for years, and even that is starting to fade. Neither of them are top tier programs. They are respectable programs that can win games, and finish with a ranking, but they aren't what LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and Alabama are, and they aren't even close.

I really thought Harbaugh would turn things around. He's had a couple top 10 drafts, but his 4 and 5 star recruits haven't become the game changers that they should have. Coaching probably played a part in that. Peoples-Jones was the top receiver recruit in the country, and he was dropping passes right and left. They had some top recruits at the game yesterday, I can't imagine they left with a good impression.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
I think Harbaugh is a good coach, but he's better suited to the NFL where the talent level is pretty much even all around. Obviously the better teams have more talent, but the gap between say the 49ers and Bengals is a lot closer than Ohio State and pick a bottom Big Ten team.

Harbaugh was ok at Stanford, but he never had them in actual contention. They were just better than they had been in a long time.

When he went to San Francisco, obviously he took them places.

I think he should leave and go to the NFL, because he can win there.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I remember when that team up north hired Harbaugh. Their fans thought he was such a blessing and would help so much.

What they didn't expect is that he would help tOSU and be a blessing to us.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree with Spergon FTWynn that Harbaugh is better suited for the NFL ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Hysterical! Still laughing.

Today was a good day.

I woke up after that devastating win yesterday.

I checked my wallet.

I am not named Harbaugh, is I got out out of bed.

I do not mind watching his beating. Scratch Wishigan.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Not for us.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I had a blast at the texans game yelling at all the Michigan fans thwt were at the game watching brdy get destroyed... probably sawmill at least six Michigan Jerseys

<><

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
j/c

I remember when that team up north hired Harbaugh. Their fans thought he was such a blessing and would help so much.

What they didn't expect is that he would help tOSU and be a blessing to us.

Kind of. In fairness though, I actually think Jim Harbaugh is a really good coach. He just came up against a juggernaut in Ohio State.

Urban Meyer is one of the all-time best recruiters, has had this team loaded for years and still does today. Back in 2015 when Harbaugh took the job up north, Ohio State was coming off a national championship win and returning players like Joey Bosa, Ezekiel Elliott, Eli Apple, Taylor Decker, Darron Lee... and those were just OSU's first round picks the next year.

Ohio State might actually be even more loaded this year, which is crazy. They're better coached too. No disrespect to Meyer who I also think is a great coach in addition to his recruiting ability, but you can pretty clearly see the difference between this OSU team and of teams in the past. Now I understand when Meyer used to call Ryan Day 'elite'.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I don't think Harbaugh sucks or anything. I however do not believe his best fit is in the NCAA. Recruiting is a huge part of why Harbaugh isn't as good in college.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I think he's a better fit in the NFL as well. Those 49ers teams some years back were dominant. They could have very realistically won a Super Bowl or two.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Playoff speculation.

First of all, big games tomorrow, and no way am I glossing over Wisconsin. I just had a thought about the playoffs that I thought I'd put here before gameday.

Ohio State is clearly the best team when going by analytics or eye test or what have you. Clemson would be #2.

LSU has the best resume. Emphases on different criteria change subtly from year to year, but one thing that is always looming over this process is $EC/E$PN bias.

If there is any reasonable way to do so, expect the committee to pit Ohio State vs Clemson in one of the initial semi-final matches. This would help the SEC team (e.g. LSU) by making them have to only play one game in which they'd be the underdog, instead of possibly two.

If LSU beats Georgia, they'll just reference LSU's resume and put them #1 again (final ranking is the only one that matters), OSU #2 and Clemson #3 (assuming they both also win.) Quality of victory/eye test also factors in here-- like I said, there has to be a reasonable way to do so.

It doesn't matter what ESPN's own FPI says, or how they have used that to Alabama's benefit in the past, there's usually enough leeway in these things to move teams to where they want to be. http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

So two likely scenarios, assuming Ohio State and Clemson win in both.

LSU beats Georgia, rankings will be,

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Whatever, some Big 12 or Pac-12 team

Or if Georgia beats LSU,

1. Ohio State
2. Clemson
3. Georgia
4. LSU

(There's no real way to pit Ohio State and Clemson against each other here, but they can get two SEC teams in, which is al$o acceptable.)

I hope I'm wrong!

Legend
Legend
I think you're spot on...unless they want to make this a sacrificial year to "prove" that they're not biased.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
It's funny the case they'll make for Georgia considering they lost at home to a team they were favored by more than 3 touchdowns, but hey, OSU loses to Purdue on the road and it's the number one point against them.

Just sayin.

I think Ohio State needs to rout Wisconsin and keep that top spot. LSU has better wins, but I think OSU has been flat out more dominant all year.

I believe both OSU and LSU can lose and probably still get in. They would still be head and shoulders better than any 1-loss team. I don't think Wisconsin can leap frog Ohio State to get in either. I don't really see a scenario where they find a way in.

If Clemson loses, that opens the door for another team, but I don't think it completely boots them out. Not that it should matter, because it was last year, but they are the defending champs and there is an element of the benefit of the doubt. Like I said, I don't agree with that, but can't argue that it will come into play. I also cannot see them losing the ACC tomorrow. The ACC is god-awful, and Clemson will be playing backups and seniors by the 4th quarter.

I am just so glad that we are not in the BCS era. Can you imagine this OSU team, this LSU team, and this Clemson team, and only 2 get in?

Legend
Legend
Man what a cluster if we had only two teams.... I still would prefer a six or eight team playoff... but happy we don't have two....

<><

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agree with everything you wrote.

Even last year finished with three undefeated teams-- Alabama, Clemson, and Notre Dame. Then the 4th spot really could have went to Oklahoma or Ohio State.

Despite that, I actually like the 4 team structure. I just wish there was more transparency in the process and more consistency from year to year.

S
Legend
Legend
S
I love the 4-team format but I just wish that teams were forced to play good teams. No scheduling FCS opponents the week before your biggest game. In fact, I think you should not even really play those teams.

Joel Klatt from Fox’s broadcasting crew (how great are he and Gus together, right?) made a great point. If Oregon could go back and reschedule Wofford instead of Auburn, do you do it?

I think that’s an argument against the 4-team, you may see less scheduling of good games. Credit to both of those schools for scheduling that game.

I kinda wish the NCAA had control over one game from every power-5. Come up with some way to fairly schedule some good early season action. Usually it’s great when you get that first and second week of football but it’s a very small handful of good games and a ton of 50 point blowouts. I don’t even know if there’s a way they could fairly schedule everyone.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Take NO Prisoners Tonight ... GO BUCKEYES!!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I certainly feel tOSU will win tonight. I do however understand it's much harder to beat a good team twice in the same season.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Not a good start .. gotta sure up both lines

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wisconsin looks like the better team right now.
But the Buckeyes tend to start slowly.

Buckeyes tackling like Browns

Last edited by Jester; 12/07/19 10:08 PM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
We don't look good in any respect.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Looks like the Big Ten Coach of the Year curse is in effect in the conference championship game again, at least early.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Man, Fields is just holding the ball .... and patting, patting, patting, patting .......

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No worries...Ohio State is in regardless. No 2 loss team is getting in.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It would be nice to mix in a screen against Wisconsin's aggression. Just a thought.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Legend
Legend
They just need to stay away from a blowout. Those sacks have been killing OSU. Should probably already have two FG’s.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Here we go. Got the score and Day knows how to make halftime adjustments.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Thee Ohio State Football Thread (cont.)

Link Copied to Clipboard