Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Ever consider that the person who responded for comment from the NOPD was not aware of the employment arrangement between the officer and the Superdome?

Read Devil's post above. You might find it informative.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Haus
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
No, a security guard is not a cop. A guy that works part time during sporting events isn't a cop. A glorified security guard maybe, but not a cop.

No matter how many times you write this, you're still wrong.

As mentioned, he's a police officer employed by the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. He even wrote in his POLICE REPORT that he would have ARRESTED Beckham, but decided against it due to the jovial nature of the locker room. Security guards do not write police reports, nor do they have the power to arrest someone.

He's what some would call a "rent-a-cop". Then again, imagine how pathetic your argument must be that you apparently think that if it were a "real" police officer (or just a random person on the street) this would be a no-go, but if it's a security guard or rent-a-cop, it must be ok. Sad.

I'm still waiting for someone to respond to my point about doing this to a random person in the street. Do exactly what OBJ did to the police officer. Throw something at them, smack their booty, and taunt them afterward. Make sure to get it on video and share it on social media afterward. Watch what happens.

Even you knuckleheads who are defending OBJ in all of this probably still realize, with your few remaining brain cells, that there's a good chance you'd end up in jail or the hospital if you actually started doing this to real people in the real world.

As Chief of Public Safety for SMG Managed Facilities in New Orleans, Donald Paisant is responsible for all the security on a large campus that includes the Mercedes Benz Superdome, the Smoothie King Center and Champions Square. One of SMG’s security assets is an armed public safety security force. “These people are in police-type uniforms and are commissioned by the superintendent of police of the New Orleans Police Department,” says Paisant. “They have arrest powers on our campus while they’re working, similar to a college campus police force. The NOPD will back us up and do any follow-up investigations.”

SMG is a private company that manages public facilities and is hired by LSED to run sports venues to provide everything from security to housekeeping to field crew personnel. “We run it all, book the talent, book the events and work with the clients,” Paisant says.
https://www.securitymagazine.com/articles/86734-donald-paisant-security-with-a-smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He's an attention whore, we knew this. It's exacerbated by his lack of TD's this past season.

He will get healthy, he will produce and this is just the side show that has to be dealt with.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ever consider that the person who responded for comment from the NOPD was not aware of the employment arrangement between the officer and the Superdome?

Read Devil's post above. You might find it informative.

It seems you are the one who missed how he explained the difference in a security guard and a private police force.

And did you ever consider the person chosen as the NOPD spokesperson was correct? Because police departments rarely just let anybody respond the media.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jarvis, OBJ, Baker are a package deal. Anything less is blasphemous

The next person that says “Odell wants out of Cleveland”, we will have issues

Believe it or not, people are in it for the long haul.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
B
Legend
Legend
B
Then if the security guard considered it a crime, why didn't he arrest OBJ?

That's not what he did. He went to "the actual police" and filed charges.

My guess is this is more about trying to get money out pf OBJ than anything. If someone with the power to arrest someone is the victim of an actual battery offense, on would think if they felt it was serious, an arrest would have been made. But it wasn't.

I understand your thinking, but you are wrong. There are lots of private policing agency's. College's have their campus police as an example. Utilities have their private police guarding nuclear plants. These people have full authority over their domain.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Then they certainly need to screen their hires better. Is there some test they can give them to test their sense of humor and their grandiosity?

This rent a cop is an ass.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Shocking:

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Then they certainly need to screen their hires better. Is there some test they can give them to test their sense of humor and their grandiosity?

This rent a cop is an ass.

Everyone already complains about the lack of quality real cops...

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Not me. I think they're human just like everyone else. As such, with any large group of people you'll have both good and bad among their ranks.

In my experience I've ran into a lot more good ones than bad ones.

Not every police department is ran the same either. I'm sure, once again like anything ran by humans, some departments have a higher ratio of good cops than bad ones. Some may have more bad ones than good ones.

Any time the human element is involved there are variables.

And when it comes to rent a cops, or "private police forces", they're pretty much the leftovers of people who couldn't make it or even qualify as "real cops". So that's a variable I would say may make the ratio far worse.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Shocking:

Imagine that. It looks like common sense may prevail after all.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
5 days to get there would suggest it’s not as common as it used to be.

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree. I never thought it should go to court, but it could have. I still think OBJ a jerk do doing that.

His agent and the officer probably came to a settlement. How about a signed LSU jersey and a gift card...go buy yourself a nice big screen and surround sound.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I agree. I never thought it should go to court, but it could have. I still think OBJ a jerk do doing that.

His agent and the officer probably came to a settlement. How about a signed LSU jersey and a gift card...go buy yourself a nice big screen and surround sound.

however it went down I just hope OBJ learned whatever lessons there were for him to learn and that's the end of it.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think his personality type will allow for that. He is who he is. I'm not exactly crazy about that either.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

I agree with you on all counts.

Quote:

I would say something along those lines was the intention all along.

Then again, his employer may have seen all the fallout about the incident and felt it wasn't a good look. Maybe in hind sight the guy saw how petty and dumb it all looked.

Any of that is possible.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I vote to delete this thread in the name of conjecture

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Legend
Legend
I agree... I personally don't not want anyone slapping my but except my wife... but I don't think I would go so far as to press charges in this situation.... I could see myself trying to talk to ihim privately (probably the next day)... but I can't imagine pressing charges for just a slap

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
*Hands Jay a "T" * Here you seem to have dropped this off your backside.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c....

From butt slaps to helping babies fall asleep...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c....

Babies?

That’s it, I’m done with this guy.

Where can we get a ham sandwich for him?

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
I probably wouldn't either, then again, it is a respect thing.

Anyway, the guy is a turkey. I hope we trade him for a mid 1st rounder. Maybe a straight up deal for a player at a position of need.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I probably wouldn't either, then again, it is a respect thing.

Anyway, the guy is a turkey. I hope we trade him for a mid 1st rounder. Maybe a straight up deal for a player at a position of need.

There's a lot around OBJ I could do without, but I'm not quite ready to trade him. Last year we had a team with very players who had to have their heads on strait.

-Jack Burton

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
OBJ is a weapon that scares the heck out of opposing teams. If he's healthy and his head is in the game he's a huge asset. Our new HC should sit down with OBJ have a long talk and tell him what it is and what he expects. If Kevin S. doesn't like the answer than he takes it from there. Our new HC is an offensive guy whom I'm sure would want a weapon like OBJ on his team along with everyone else we have on O. If we make the right moves in FA and the draft we can have a top 3 or 4 O in 2020. Most of the tools are here now.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a funny thing. I saw more people sticking up for a guy like Gordon than I do for OBJ.

I'm certainly not going to stick up for his bad behavior, but good God, you would think he attacked a 16 year old girl on Twitter.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's a funny thing. I saw more people sticking up for a guy like Gordon than I do for OBJ.

I'm certainly not going to stick up for his bad behavior, but good God, you would think he attacked a 16 year old girl on Twitter.

You know .... that's very true.

I like OBJ, and I hope he is insanely successful here next year ... and that his best friend is too.

I think that OBJ was largely on his best behavior last year. He didn't raise a stink over touches. He didn't complain that we didn't throw the ball enough. He was a well behaved member of the team.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Yeah, and I don't know how to really explain that? Except may be to say that a WR coming in to Cleveland of all places and throwing up a 1600 yrd season who looked like he couldn't be stopped got him got him that benefit of the doubt that ultra elite talent gets you?

And why OBJ might not be given that same benefit of the doubt could simply because everyone is worn out. We're all worn out even if it's different things we have less tolerance for. Think about it:

-Those who support the nerds are tired of the football guys egos getting in the way
-Those who support the football guys are tired of the nerds meddling in real football
-we just came off of a season that had expectations hire than we deserved going in to it, but by the end of it under performed what it was capable of largely because of a lack of focus and discipline.
-all in contrast to a guy like Chubb who I'm pretty confident in saying most Browns fans tuned in the last few weeks to watch him more so than the rest of the team.

And I don't know, maybe wear we live geographically plays a part. Maybe being closer to Cleveland makes it easier to deal with it all because you're surrounded by other miserable wretches. Fans like me are on an island and constantly get pity looks or ridicule (though it's been bad so long no one bothers with ridicule).

-Jack Burton

Legend
Legend
j/c....

Well, to put a baby to sleep, you sometimes pat their butt ...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: ExclDawg
j/c....

Well, to put a baby to sleep, you sometimes pat their butt ...

In 2020? If it's on video? You're probably charged with child abuse.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
I was impressed with his patience. Not so much with his routes and production, but his behavior was good. I give Landry credit for that in no small part.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
How long does hernia/core muscle surgery take to make a full recovery from? I assume he'd be able to take part in offseason activities, if he chooses to that is.

M
Legend
Legend
M
How long does hernia/core muscle surgery take to make a full recovery from? I assume he'd be able to take part in offseason activities, if he chooses to that is.

PatMcManamon
@PatMcManamon
Beckham went to the top expert in the country on the problem, Dr. Bill Meyers in Philadelphia. (Meyers bans the words "sports hernia"). Full recovery expected but no timetable given on rehab, etc. #Browns

https://twitter.com/PatMcManamon/status/1219656381416058883

M
Legend
Legend
M

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
OBJ is really committed to that fake injury. rolleyesdevil

Get well soon, OBJ! fingerscrossed

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
C
Legend
Legend
C

C
Legend
Legend
C

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

It's hilarious isn't it? But nobody told us when the surgery was scheduled for?

wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

It's hilarious isn't it? But nobody told us when the surgery was scheduled for?

wink

But did he slap the surgeon's butt when it was over?

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Say Goodbye to Landry & OBJ

Link Copied to Clipboard