Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
or lucky as hell, as all those ladies are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside cool

No doubt, but still fierce when provoked. wink

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
Jc

I hope no one gets upset, but one of the things I’ve always loved about our team is the willingness to hire minority coaches and FO personnel.

And now we hired our first woman to the staff? My oldest daughter is a huge browns fan and she broke this news to me, extremely happy and excited, which made me extremely happy and excited.

I hope she does amazing here!

The only thing about that that upsets me is that we hired Hue Jackson and not Tony Dungy

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Swish
Jc

I hope no one gets upset, but one of the things I’ve always loved about our team is the willingness to hire minority coaches and FO personnel.

And now we hired our first woman to the staff? My oldest daughter is a huge browns fan and she broke this news to me, extremely happy and excited, which made me extremely happy and excited.

I hope she does amazing here!

Raising daughters myself I think this is awesome.

And say what you want about the Haslams...I myself am no fan at all...but they put their money where their mouth is when it comes to hiring the best person regardless of race, color, gender.

I think it's fantastic.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's a woman?

Legend
Legend
What is wrong with you?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
If you're going to make a list you're going to need a new pen and new tablet.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
If you're going to make a list you're going to need a new pen and new tablet.

We might need a bigger internet.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You know you asked yourself the same thing.

Legend
Legend
I wondered if they put the wrong pic on there. Should I feel guilty for that?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I probably would have thought the same if I hadn’t heard of her story before

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Congrats! Do yourself proud! I was surprised to see it, but own it all.

Win some! thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Waiting on the the formal Joe Woods hire....

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Cue the fan that will say, "We can't hire this guy, he was part of a defense that just gave up 21 points in the final 6 and a half minutes of the super bowl!"

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Cue the fan that will say, "We can't hire this guy, he was part of a defense that just gave up 21 points in the final 6 and a half minutes of the super bowl!"

facepalms .. expecting the same thing ... saywhat

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
Legend
Legend
Cue the fans saying that they wish WE could do that once. But hope it is true.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
JC: I'm excited about all the hires. The biggest thing concerning me is no QB Coach yet.

I don't like the idea of Alex Van Pelt being OC and QB Coach. I want one or the other. Isn't QB Coach/Asst Head Coach/O Coordinator what Pep Hamilton did here with Hue Jackson?

I'd rather hire someone specifically for Baker Mayfield. One task, not two

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Isn't QB Coach/Asst Head Coach/O Coordinator what Pep Hamilton did here with Hue Jackson?

Pep Hamilton was the Associate Head Coach/Quarterbacks Coach. Hue Jackson was the offensive coordinator.

Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
The biggest thing concerning me is no QB Coach yet.

I'm guessing we hire a QB coach it just hasn't been announced yet. We have several spots "still open".

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Head coach - Kevin Stefanski
Chief of staff – Callie Brownson
Senior offensive assistant/offensive line – Bill Callahan
Offensive coordinator – Alex Van Pelt
Quarterbacks – ???
Run game coordinator/running backs – Stump Mitchell
Wide receivers – Chad O'Shea
Tight ends – Drew Petzing
Assistant offensive line – ???
Offensive quality control – ???

Defensive coordinator – Joe Woods
Defensive line – ???
Assistant defensive line – ???
Linebackers – Fred Pagac
Defensive backs/passing game coordinator – Jeff Howard
Senior defensive assistant – ???
Defensive quality control – ???

Special teams coordinator – Mike Priefer
Assistant special teams – Doug Colman

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We can't hire this guy, he was part of a defense that just gave up 21 points in the final 5*** and a half minutes of the super bowl!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wouldn't that be the guy some wanted as HC rather than the guy reported to be our DC?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
Wouldn't that be the guy some wanted as HC rather than the guy reported to be our DC?

Don't worry about that guy.

One game doesn't make or break anything. Only fools think that, I don't think you the fool.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
We can't hire this guy, he was part of a defense that just gave up 21 points in the final 5*** and a half minutes of the super bowl!

Can't wait for him do get that chance w/ US!!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just saying I'd pin it on Saleh IF I were to attempt blame of anyone.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Must be the only one to put the oneness on Shanny's play calling in the fourth quarter. Had the lead and just needed to eat up time and keep The Chiefs O on the bench ..

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

Why is there a part of me that feels like this would be an improvement for us? frown

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As a big proponent of female sports and women in sports, I have zero problem with a qualified woman getting a spot on the coaching staff. I do question how ANYONE went from being an intern to being chief of staff and question the reason why

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Must be the only one to put the oneness on Shanny's play calling in the fourth quarter. Had the lead and just needed to eat up time and keep The Chiefs O on the bench ..

Yeah, poor Shanny caught Fred Kitchen's Disease and decided to go all pass happy when the run had been working all day.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Actually, the Niners leading rusher was WR Deebo Samuels, on 3 gadget plays. You can only go to that well so many times. Their standard run game was below their average. KC's defense did a good job on Raheem Mostert and Tevin Coleman, holding them both to 86 yards. I'm not sure why they didn't use Matt Breida. (Maybe he's hurt, but I hadn't heard about it.) In other words, the Niners run game was not its usual productive self.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: kingodawg
As a big proponent of female sports and women in sports, I have zero problem with a qualified woman getting a spot on the coaching staff. I do question how ANYONE went from being an intern to being chief of staff and question the reason why

I think "chief of staff" is just a fancy title for a position that is a combination of gofer and secretary.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester

I think "chief of staff" is just a fancy title for a position that is a combination of gofer and secretary.

I think it is also pretty much the same route as Stefanski. He interned with the Eagles for a year, and then he was assistant to the HC/chief of staff for Childress in Minnesota. Moved to assistant-position coach after a couple years, and moved around/up from there.

Fiercely Independent.
B
Legend
Legend
B

I think Chief of Staff is a bit of a misrepresentation. I don't think she is like the White House Chief of staff, who holds much power.

In a way she will function like that. Maybe all requests from the press have to go through her and not the press calling the coach directly.

She isn't the boss over the entire staff. Being some type of coordinator would probably a more accurate description of what she actually does. She will relay information from the coach to other coaches as an example, or it could be reverse. Maybe Stefanski wants to sit in on the receiver meeting that day but also wants to know what was being discussed in the running back room, so she sits in on the meeting and reports back. That gives her good experience in dealing with the various coaching rooms.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Quarterbacks – ???

Defensive line – ???
Linebackers – Fred Pagac

Hey MAC look Callie Brownson is second in charge of coaching the team. I mean her name is right behind Stefanski's so it must be true.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend

*Still not officially hired

4 things to know about new Browns DC Joe Woods

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/04/4-things-to-know-about-new-browns-dc-joe-woods/

Jeff Risdon
2 hours ago
Joe Woods is the new defensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns. The team hired Woods immediately after he coached the DBs for the San Francisco 49ers on their impressive playoff run, culminating in the team’s tough loss to Kansas City in Super Bowl LIV.

Woods, 49, brings quite a bit of experience to the position. Here are four things to know about the new Browns DC.

He’s coached a lot of really good DBs
Starting his NFL career in Tampa Bay in 2004, Woods jumped into a defense featuring CB Ronde Barber. Woods helped elevate Barber back to being a first-team All-Pro after a couple of prior down seasons. He also coached up Brian Kelly and Dwight Smith into their best career years with the Bucs.

Moving onto Minnesota, he was in charge of Antoine Winfield and Darren Sharper. Winfield had his first three Pro Bowl seasons under Woods’ tutelage. Sharper had one of the greatest seasons of any safety in the Super Bowl era in 2009, notching three pick-sixes among his league-best nine INT and 15 PDs to go with 71 tackles.

In his one season in Oakland with the Raiders, he caught the end of Charles Woodson’s illustrious career. He also coached current Browns slot CB, T.J. Carrie, in that 2014 season.

Moving onto Denver, Woods worked with Chris Harris and turned him from an above-average player into one of the best CBs in the NFL. They captured a Super Bowl in 2015 together. Woods also coached former Browns safety T.J. Ward, as well as All-Pro CB Aqib Talib and Pro Bowl safety Darian Stewart in his four years in Denver. Young Justin Simmons, a pending free agent, emerged under his watch as well.

Of course, handling Richard Sherman in San Francisco in 2019, as well as a resurgent Jimmie Ward, is another feather in Woods’ coaching cap.

Prior coordinating experience
This will not be Woods’ first rodeo as an NFL defensive coordinator. He held that title for two seasons in Denver, 2017-2018. He earned the promotion to the position under head coach Vance Joseph, himself a DBs coach.

Denver didn’t thrive in those two seasons, but it’s hard to blame Woods and the defense. They finished in the top 10 in turnovers created in both seasons and were a top-5 run defense in his first year.

He’s coached in Northeast Ohio before
Woods spent one season as the DBs coach at Kent State back in 1997. It was his first position as a D-I college coach, following stints at Northwestern State in Louisiana and Grand Valley State in Michigan.

His time in Kent was brief. After a dismal 3-8 season, Woods was fired along with the rest of Jim Corrigall’s staff. That 3-8 record was the best the Golden Flashes had in a decade, by the way…

He’s had some impressive mentors along the way
His first season in Minnesota was spent under the guiding eye of Mike Tomlin, his last season with the Vikings before taking over as the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Leslie Frazier took over for Tomlin, tweaking the 4-3 scheme a bit to feature more man coverage on the outside. Woods and Frazier were an excellent team as defensive coaches.

Woods saw the other side of the schematic coin working under Wade Philips in Denver. Philips is a 3-4 guru. He got back to the 4-3 roots under Robert Saleh in San Francisco, though with a lot more zone coverage behind the dominant rush front than Woods’ prior defenses played.

It will be interesting to see how much his coaching mentors influence what Woods chooses as his style of defense in Cleveland.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quarterbacks – ???

Defensive line – ???
Linebackers – Fred Pagac

Hey MAC look Callie Brownson is second in charge of coaching the team. I mean her name is right behind Stefanski's so it must be true.

Yep....all the asst. coaches report to her. She tells them what scheme they need to run. LOL

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's only AFTER DePodesta tells her what he wants ran..

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Quarterbacks – ???

Defensive line – ???
Linebackers – Fred Pagac

Yep....all the asst. coaches report to her. She tells them what scheme they need to run. LOL

No, no, no. She only gathers data and provides it to all the coaches. tongue

Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
It's official...

Legend
Legend
Quote:
No, no, no. She only gathers data and provides it to all the coaches.

Oh hell no that can't be true her name is listed under the head coaches on the internet.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns assistant coach rumors II

Link Copied to Clipboard