Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
He is scaring Trump with his bravado! willynilly

I don't think he needs bravado to do that. I think Trump wants dems to buy into Bernie being the easiest to beat exactly because he fears running against him AND his equally passionate base of supporters. Trump needed a lot of those Bernie crossover votes to beat HRC in 2016. He also needed the Bernie supporters that would NOT vote for him to stay home or cast protest votes. Without these things he would have lost and he knows it. So it's obvious Trump fears Bernie.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/16/20 02:12 PM.
OldColdDawg #1732318 02/16/20 02:42 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
So I just got a robocall marked as unavailable. I answered at 1:30 pm on a Sunday just to hear a thick indian/pakistani accent tell me his American sounding name and state he was calling on behalf of Mike Bloomberg... only he pronounced it Mike Blum-BORG. Told him I support Bernie and he hung up.

OldColdDawg #1732711 02/18/20 02:57 AM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Bloomberg Said U.S. Should Deny Treatment To Old People With Chronic Disease

If Democratic Presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg was 95 years old and had prostate cancer, he could afford advanced and extreme medical care to improve and extend his life.

But if a 95-year-old non-billionaire has prostate cancer that requires medical treatment using taxpayer dollars, Bloomberg said in 2011 that he should be denied treatment.

“If you show up with prostate cancer and you’re 95, we should say ‘go and enjoy, have a nice day, live a long life.’ There’s no cure and we can’t do anything. If you’re a young person, we should do something about it,” said Bloomberg, a former New York City mayor.

Bloomberg warned that society was not yet willing to make hard choices with respect to treating older Americans and this is “going to bankrupt us.”

Bloomberg’s 2011 statement surfaced as he released a proposed health care plan to improve retirees’ lives, from giving low-income workers access to government-provided retirement savings plans to bolstering Social Security. Bloomberg said he would limit out-of-pocket drug costs and provide federal coverage for long-term care costs.

Dr. Robert N. Butler, M.D., (1927-2010), who coined the term “ageism” in 1968, said generations throughout history have justified the futility of granting the aged access to health care due to unfounded ageist beliefs. Butler defined ageism is ‘a process of systematic stereotyping, prejudicial attitudes and direct or indirect discrimination against people because they are old.”

In his book, Age-ism: Another Form of Bigotry, Butler writes: “Age-ism reflects a deep seated uneasiness on the part of the young and middle-aged – a personal revulsion to and distaste for growing old, disease, disability; and fear of powerlessness, ‘uselessness,’ and death.”

Scapegoating Older Americans

Moreover, Bloomberg’s 2011 ramblings while sitting Shiva with a Jewish family also seem profoundly misguided. There are many other criteria that seem just as likely to bankrupt the United States.

The U.S. health care system is notoriously inefficient and outrageously expensive. It costs four times more to run the U.S. health care system than Canada’s single-payer system. Why is America saddled with a failed system? The U.S. Congress has failed to act in the face of intense lobbying by insurers and pharmaceutical companies.

And why is aging singled out as opposed to other conditions, such as obesity? Some 40 percent of American adults aged 20 and over are obese, a condition that can lead to coronary heart disease and stroke.

The Centers for Disease Control states that coronary heart disease and stroke cost the U.S. health care system $199 billion per year and cause $131 billion in lost productivity on the job.

Why doesn’t Congress address America’s “new national epidemic” and enact sound policy changes, such as limiting unhealthy foods at schools and restoring “gym ” for all students. Congress could tax products that contribute to obesity or require informative labeling of food products Many blame lobbying by the mammoth food production and retail industries for Congressional inaction

Generational Competition

Butler, the founding director of the National Institute on Aging, also said inter-generational tension causes ageism and discrimination. He said both groups compete for public funding. Older Americans seek support for health care and Social Security, while young people are struggling to get an education and buy a home.

Interestingly, one of the reasons that Butler became interested in age discrimination was his experience as a medical student. when he noticed medical practitioners treated older patients with disdain and distaste.

Butler's research showed the ageing process did not cause senility, which instead resulted from disease, neglect and stagnation. He worked with consumer advocate Ralph Nader on an investigation into the poor care offered by nursing homes. His 1975 book, Why Survive? Being Old in America, won a Pulitzer prize.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patriciagba...hronic-disease/

Just sharing.

OldColdDawg #1732737 02/18/20 09:35 AM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Biden Surrogate ‘Forced to Resign’ from Democratic Group Over Doctored Bernie Sanders Video

Article has a ton of pics and tweets, too much to post here.

https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/bi...-sanders-video/

So this Biden surrogate edited old video of Bernie talking about Russia to make him look like he supported communism while the full video shows nothing of the sort. She edited the video then posted it in a tweet that was shared/viewed 2.5 million times to smear Bernie on Biden's behalf. The rest of the article is mostly her complaining about being forced to resign.

Don't believe all the negative things you hear about Bernie.

OldColdDawg #1732739 02/18/20 09:43 AM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
John Oliver Breaks Down Medicare For All, Slams Pete Buttigieg’s ‘Crap Sandwich’ Plan

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/john-oliv...5b64433c61977c2

OldColdDawg #1732806 02/18/20 01:39 PM
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
J\C
So is Oliver GAY BASHING by slamming that mayors Medicare for ALL proposal or getting a pass cause he is a hater like some here?

Last edited by Riley01; 02/18/20 01:40 PM.
OldColdDawg #1732827 02/18/20 02:41 PM
Legend
Legend
Bloomberg tied for lead with Sanders in crucial Super Tuesday state of Virginia: poll

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bloombe...f-virginia-poll

Here'sss Bloomy!

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 02/18/20 02:42 PM.
OldColdDawg #1732831 02/18/20 02:50 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
John Oliver Breaks Down Medicare For All, Slams Pete Buttigieg’s ‘Crap Sandwich’ Plan

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/john-oliv...5b64433c61977c2

That's who you should be listening to. A guy who just became a U.S. citizen and is a comedian. It's funny, when someone claims the left gets their news from comedian, you'll quickly point out that's not true.

Yet when it suits your purpose you'll point to a comedian as someone of actual relevance. Now you're sounding like a true Bernie Bro. Trash everyone else to make your candidate look better. No, actually that's a Trump thing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1732835 02/18/20 02:57 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Get a grip Pit, I just shared an article. I don't have to pick on Pete, his campaign has been dying since Trumpians gay bashed him.

OldColdDawg #1732837 02/18/20 02:59 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You don't have to pick on Pete, but you did anyway. #berniebro

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Bloomberg tied for lead with Sanders in crucial Super Tuesday state of Virginia: poll

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bloombe...f-virginia-poll

Here'sss Bloomy!

Clinton won there in 2016 with 64.29% of the vote.

PitDAWG #1732841 02/18/20 03:06 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I am a proud Bernie Bro, just not what you are trying to call me. But I expected that from you when the moderate corporatists started losing. Bernie is a great candidate and the current front runner.

OldColdDawg #1732847 02/18/20 03:14 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Here's only a couple of your problems along with Bernies. You generalize just like the people you accuse of the very same thing.

Like "the one percenters".

Bill Gates called for higher taxes on the wealthy in a New Year's Eve blog post. Here's a look at the American billionaires and multimillionaires who have asked the government to raise their taxes.

https://www.businessinsider.com/billiona...s-buffett-dalio

And this sounds just like trump supporters....

The 'swarm': How a subset of Sanders supporters use hostile tactics to drown out critics

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/politics/bernie-sanders-social-media-attacks-invs/index.html

You need to stop pretending your ilk is better than anyone else.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1732851 02/18/20 03:20 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I love Bill Gates Pit, he's one of my Favorite elites. He does a ton of good things with is philanthropy. I like Warren Buffett and Elon Musk too. Heck I even have mad respect for Bezos just because of the computing power of Amazon AWS and how he corned the retail world after starting with what amounted to an online used college bookstore.

As for Bernie followers taking the fight to others online and off, I don't deny they are as bad as others... But after 2016 who could blame them? You can't argue that. And it's not like Bernie is not up against the Dem establishment and MSM, have you watched any talking heads at all lately? The story should be how Bernie is the front runner and gaining momentum, but it's all about how do we stop Bernie. Y'all moderates have your hair on fire, not me.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/18/20 03:24 PM.
OldColdDawg #1732853 02/18/20 03:24 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You may wish to send Bernie the memo. Because as much as the left shouts about class warfare, Bernie is waging one.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1732856 02/18/20 03:26 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You may wish to send Bernie the memo. Because as much as the left shouts about class warfare, Bernie is waging one.

Expecting millionaires, billionaires, and corporations to pay their fair share is hardly class warfare. It's reversing the trickle down voodoo economics of the last 40+ years.

OldColdDawg #1732858 02/18/20 03:29 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Lumping them into all being the same is the problem.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1732862 02/18/20 03:53 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You do crack me up though, because we have we have:

Pete - who is a relative unknown that doesn't resonate with POC at this point, revised his progressive message to a more moderate on when Biden started showing cracks losing progressive support, and has to get past anti gay bigotry.

He has some good points in being young, educated and well spoken, and seems like a very real dude. But I have an issue with his religious views impacting his policy, the fact that he has struggled to deal well with POC in his town, his flip flopping on medicare for all to move to center, and his overall experience. But if he miraculously wins the nomination I'll happily vote for him.

Klobuchar - I personally think she has the personality of melba toast. Nothing she has said or done has really impressed me. She's just another middle of the road moderate IMHO. No idea how she will fare from here on out but I think she'll fade and be out after Super Tuesday.

Liz - I like Liz but her attack on Bernie hurt her. America looked and didn't believe her IMHO. She should have stuck to "I have a plan for that". She has a shot of bouncing back if Bernie somehow totally blows it and Pete gets out, but I think she fizzles and gets out after Super Tuesday too.

Biden - Joe was a good VP for Obama. But today I have doubts that he will be wiping his own ass in a year, let alone running the country. He has lost more than a step and he was never good at running for POTUS before. The establishment tried to have another coronation like it was Joes turn... that doesn't play well anymore.

Bloomberg - He's a Republican turned Independent turned Democrat using his vast wealth to buy the election behind the guise of spending unlimited funds to oust Trump. He will finally be on the debate stage this week but has more or less been a shadow candidate until now. His ads are causing his surge, but it's easy to target Trump and criticise other candidates if you are not putting yourself out there. If he does well in the debate and wins a few states by the end of super tuesday then the center will coalesce around him. But there is a lot of old baggage coming out that I think he's going to struggle to explain. This no medical treatment for a 95 year old prostate cancer patient thing is a killer. Some of the things he has said regarding POC are killing him too. But it looks like he might be the last best hope for the establishment, so we will have to see how things go. I can say I might struggle voting for him in the general, I will but I won't like it.

Bernie - He 's a good candidate by comparison. He has had the same message for 40+ years. He is fighting for the working class. But there is also a lot of fear for his policies from the establishment. He is easily the most attacked candidate in the field because he represents drastic changes and far left policies. Yet he has more than a third of dems supporting him and his momentum is growing. People like what he says and trust him.

Why do you want to attack me for this stuff? It's not my fault. It's just how it is.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/18/20 03:58 PM.
OldColdDawg #1732864 02/18/20 04:00 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Reporting half truths and falsehoods make you no better than Trump supporters.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1732865 02/18/20 04:09 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
That's my personal summary and opinions, you post yours and educate me unless you have nothing but huff and scorn. I can't see why you are feeling so spiteful. I'm not bashing any of these people, I'm just telling you what I see and how I think they are doing. I read the polls, I listen to the same news sources that you do, and I have no issue with voting blue no matter who at the end of the process. So you either don't like me supporting my choice of candidates or you think I'm missing something. Tell me what I'm missing. Don't just spew rhetoric and hate.

OldColdDawg #1732868 02/18/20 04:18 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
There's a difference in ones morals and ones religion. You're making assumptions that simply do not exist.

I don't really care who you support. But if you think the country is gong to elect a 78 year old man who just had a heart attack I think you're fooling yourself.

#gmstrong
OldColdDawg #1732887 02/18/20 04:45 PM
Legend
Legend
Mike Bloomberg sees Bernie Sanders as the only 2020 Democratic candidate who threatens his possible nomination

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/18/mike-blo...nomination.html

Bold, Daring, Direct!
Time to make him feel the Bern!

OldColdDawg #1732913 02/18/20 08:19 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I love how the moderate corporate establishment dems are now attacking Bernie for NOT CONTROLLING HIS ONLINE FOLLOWERS... wth? How many times have hillary supporters attacked me, why isn't she controlling them. Why isn't Pete reining in Pit? lol, talk about weak sauce. Bernie has them shook man. smh

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Mike Bloomberg sees Bernie Sanders as the only 2020 Democratic candidate who threatens his possible nomination

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/18/mike-blo...nomination.html

Bold, Daring, Direct!
Time to make him feel the Bern!

lol 40! He is absolutely trying to buy the election. He hasn't even debated anyone yet, but he assumes he's the frontrunner if only Bernie wasn't a threat... I smell the DNC and establishment Dems dirty work coming. Bloomberg is the flavor of the week going into Nevada and SC. Is he even on the ballot in those states? smh

MSNBC has spent 90% of their time bashing Bernie or talking about who needs to beat him for days now. They are doing everything they can to slow him down. Chris Matthews has lost his mind over Bernie.

OldColdDawg #1732917 02/18/20 08:30 PM
Legend
Legend
These upcoming debates will be the tell.

Bernie needs to hammer Bloomy on things he has said in the past.

Did you know that Bloomy is not only buying up all the advertising time but that is driving the prices up for the other candidates!

Bloomy is also giving money to other political campaigns at the local levels and those people turn around and say great things about him, endorsing him!

The Billionaires that Bernie hates are trying to eat him for lunch!

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
They are going to have to spend a hell of a lot of money to slow Bernie down. He raises money pretty much on demand and has a million+ volunteers doing grassroots work in the field. Bloomberg better get to hiring...

But I absolutely see the elite, the DNC and dem establishment, and the MSM doing everything they can to hold onto power. They want that status quo minus Trump and don't give a damn about working people and the poor.

Trump vs. Bloomberg is hardly inspiring.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/18/20 08:35 PM.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I think the latino vote will show up for him in Nevada. I think the black vote will show up for him in SC. After that, they won't be able to argue electability or diversity... They are already down to crying about "Bernie Bros" like nobody else has online trolls or passionate followers. Wait until they meet Trump supporters.

OldColdDawg #1732922 02/18/20 08:56 PM
Legend
Legend
bernie bros vs trumpians will be one for the ages!

They will be talking about this one even after the oceans boil and flame storms roll out of the plains!!!

OldColdDawg #1732924 02/18/20 09:16 PM
Legend
Legend
Go to 10:25 of this vid and hear what Trump says about Bernie...

OldColdDawg #1732927 02/18/20 09:41 PM
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Squires #1732928 02/18/20 09:47 PM
Legend
Legend
Well the government expanded under trump and you’re not whining about it, so what’s the problem?

The problem is who is doing the expanding, and for that, you’re meme is stupid.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
OldColdDawg #1732929 02/18/20 09:55 PM
Legend
Legend
Anyways,

Bernie is probably gonna win the nomination.

And I’m good with that. Atleast he will represent our country much better than trump has.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Trump acts like he wants to face Bernie, but I think he wants anyone but Bernie.

Squires #1732983 02/19/20 10:09 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Squires

More like, "Billionaires are the cause of all of our problems... more govt, admittedly controlled by said billionaires and employing millionaire "civil servants" will get right on fixing this".

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
OldColdDawg #1733050 02/19/20 12:54 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Poll: Sanders now leading 2020 Democrats by 15 points

Progressive Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) has jumped out to a double-digit lead over the rest of the 2020 Democratic primary field, appearing to cement his position as the front-runner to win the party's presidential nomination, according to a new ABC News-Washington Post poll.

The survey found that 32 percent of Democrats and Democratic-leaning independents favor Sanders, an 8-point increase from a similar poll conducted last month. Meanwhile, former Vice President Joe Biden's support dropped 11 points to 17 percent, giving Sanders a 15-point lead against his nearest competitor. The 15-point margin is nearly double Biden's biggest lead in the ABC News-Washington Post surveys during the 2020 cycle.

Former New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg, who will appear in his first 2020 presidential debate in Nevada on Wednesday night, trails Biden in third with 14 percent support. The figure represents a 6-point climb since January.

The rest of the field had little movement over the past month. Sen. Elizabeth Warren's (D-Mass.) support stayed stagnant at 11 percent, while former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg experienced a 2-point jump to 7 percent support. Buttigieg appears to be leading the field in the delegate count, but he has struggled to form a diverse coalition of support outside of predominantly white early voting states like Iowa and New Hampshire.

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), who finished in third in New Hampshire after a strong debate performance, has just 6 percent support in the new poll.

The survey indicates that Sanders is beginning to gain key support on the electability question, which has dominated the Democratic primary. Thirty percent of respondents said that they thought the self-described democratic socialist had the best chance of defeating President Trump, a 12-point jump since January.

Just 19 percent of respondents said that Biden had the best chance of beating Trump, a sizable 19-point dip since last month. Eighteen percent of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters say Bloomberg has the best shot to win the White House. No other candidate received double-digit support in that category.

The ABC News-Washington Post survey falls in line with other polls focused on the Democratic race. An NPR–PBS NewsHour–Marist poll released on Tuesday found Sanders with a 12-point lead over the field.

His rise has coincided with a similar upward climb from Bloomberg, the billionaire businessman who is pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into his campaign. Several Democratic candidates have criticized Bloomberg's presidential bid.

The ABC News-Washington Post survey was conducted among a random national sample of 1,066 adults between Feb. 14 and Feb. 17. It has a margin of error of 3.5 percentage points.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/483591-poll-sanders-now-leading-2020-democrats-by-15-points

OldColdDawg #1733093 02/19/20 02:12 PM
Legend
Legend
MSNBC host Chuck Todd is under fire for “shoddy journalism" ahead of Wednesday night's Democratic debate, which he will help moderate.

Todd is being criticized for failing to ask the president of liberal advocacy group Center for American Progress about a New York Times bombshell report that 2020 Democratic hopeful Mike Bloomberg avoided critical coverage from the group after giving them money.

“It appears the left is following the Golden Rule -- the one with the gold makes all the rules," Media Research Center vice president Dan Gainor told Fox News. "It's shoddy journalism to let them get away with this.”

OldColdDawg #1733102 02/19/20 02:29 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Bernie Sanders' spokeswoman claims Michael Bloomberg has had heart attacks in the past and compared questions about Sanders' health to birtherism

https://www.businessinsider.com/bernie-s...t-attack-2020-2

#deplorable

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1733115 02/19/20 03:01 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Anything to smear Bernie. Y'all never learn.

OldColdDawg #1733119 02/19/20 03:07 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
It was a spokeswoman for his campaign. No wonder people question the far lefts beliefs on personal responsibility.

#gmstrong
OldColdDawg #1733121 02/19/20 03:15 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Labor's civil war over 'Medicare for All' threatens its 2020 clout

In union-heavy primary states like California, New York, and Michigan, the fight over single-payer health care is fracturing organized labor.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/18/medicare-for-all-labor-union-115873

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Primaries

Link Copied to Clipboard