Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1732567 02/17/20 04:40 PM
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
Never mind.

Last edited by archbolddawg; 02/17/20 04:47 PM.
Legend
Legend
Lets see

Stage IV colon cancer... been in remission for 10 months after being told I would be dead by now.

ascending aortic aneurysm holding at 5.4 CM. PFO and ASA holding steady with no major strokes over the last few years (but several TIA's) Still have neuropathy is both my feet, in my hands, and in my right hip and thigh. Still have short term memory problems as well as cognative problems. Other than that I am in perfect health smile

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Lets see

Stage IV colon cancer... been in remission for 10 months after being told I would be dead by now.

ascending aortic aneurysm holding at 5.4 CM. PFO and ASA holding steady with no major strokes over the last few years (but several TIA's) Still have neuropathy is both my feet, in my hands, and in my right hip and thigh. Still have short term memory problems as well as cognative problems. Other than that I am in perfect health smile

Stop bragging. wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Hey I didn't mention the aneurysm they found on my brain during my last scans laugh

Legend
Legend
Yeah. I forgot about that one too. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Could be better. Could be worse. You?

Legend
Legend
I’m old and ugly, what more could I want?

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
Looking in the mirror this morning, I thought I might be starting to get "old-guy-fat-face". Next, I'll probably be getting some big aviator style glasses that turn pink in the sunlight, like Ed McMahon.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
Looking in the mirror this morning, I thought I might be starting to get "old-guy-fat-face". Next, I'll probably be getting some big aviator style glasses that turn pink in the sunlight, like Ed McMahon.

Heeeer’s Davy!

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
As you can see I have these envelopes, which have been hermetically sealed in a mayonnaise jar, and and have been sitting on Funk and Wagner's front porch since noon today. NO ONE knows the contents of these envelopes. ;

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Heeeer’s Davy!

You are CORRECT, sir!

(But first I need to get some white shoes and a white belt to go with my powder blue polyester leisure suit.)

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Heeeer’s Davy!

You are CORRECT, sir!

(But first I need to get some white shoes and a white belt to go with my powder blue polyester leisure suit.)

Don’t forget the super-wide lapels.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Lets see

You sir, are my hero.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Lets see

You sir, are my hero.

He's a hero to a lot of people.

(Especially short people) rofl

V
Legend
Legend
V
Lets see

You sir, are my hero.

Mine, too! His story certainly puts things in perspective.

Legend
Legend
Agreed... I've had some Major struggles in my life over the last five years or so.. but overall it could be much worse...

<><

#gmstrong
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
Suffice it to say, after I had a long post written, and re read it, I thought of you, and a few others, and realized what I wrote, while cathartic for me, ......hey, things going on in my life are just things. Stressful, no doubt, but just things. It didn't help things when I got a text at 4:42 this morning informing me my grandma died. It was a blessing for her, and the family, no doubt. She was 97. Had about 90 good years, about 4 iffy years, but the last 3 years dementia took away any "life" she had. Especially in the last 6-8 months. The rest of the stuff is just stuff.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Suffice it to say, after I had a long post written, and re read it, I thought of you, and a few others, and realized what I wrote, while cathartic for me, ......hey, things going on in my life are just things. Stressful, no doubt, but just things. It didn't help things when I got a text at 4:42 this morning informing me my grandma died. It was a blessing for her, and the family, no doubt. She was 97. Had about 90 good years, about 4 iffy years, but the last 3 years dementia took away any "life" she had. Especially in the last 6-8 months. The rest of the stuff is just stuff.

Losing family hurts. No matter the situation. We are here for you. Hugs.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
It helps to vent; let it out. Helps a person process things.

Stuff is just stuff, but stuff gets heavy when it piles up.
Everyone needs to vent once in a while.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Losing a loved one, no matter how long they have lived, is always a loss too soon.

My prayers and condolences to you and your family.

Legend
Legend
Q: How's life treating me?
A: On balance: about how one might expect, at my age.

I said good-bye to My Dad's youngest brother last week. "Uncle Gee" was the cool, young, hip, funny uncle who always made the party effervesce. I also lost a college friend, and 2 musical icons who inspired me to return to the practice that has given me my 40+-year career.

Looks like you're now entering my phase of Life.

I'm about 15 years ahead of you.
If you need a shoulder or an ear, I'm still here.

I'm still pissed at you, but I don't hate you. And I still care about you as a person.

You need folks who understand the nature of loss in times such as these. Times when s# is truly real.

Inbox is still open.
As always.

Come talk.
Don't lecture.
We can still be good.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Lets see

Your first name must be TIMEX because you take a lickin' and keep on tickin' bro!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Hey I didn't mention the aneurysm they found on my brain during my last scans laugh

Well anybody that talks to you in PP knows there was previous brain damage. wink

O
Legend
Legend
O
I know you won't see this, but I'm sorry for your loss. We may have differences but we are all human and death/loss sucks for us all. At times like this we must lay down our differences and console one another.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Hmm, where to begin?

Married life rocks. Well, life rocked even when my wife was my girlfriend or fiancé. Being able to have someone who is constant in what they do, someone who understands you, accepts all your insecurities, and a person that pushes you to be the best version of you is wonderful.

Work is better. My boss is a lot better and the new school speaks very much to who I am as a teacher and person. I get to teach other subjects now, too.

On the challenging front? Name change paperwork is a heck of a lot more complicated. I took my wife’s last name instead of having her take mine. It’s been a hard process as all the places I need to contact aren’t on Alaska time, and I’m educating young minds from 8-4. This might be one of the easier thing for women than men to do.

We’re looking at buying our first house! It’s exciting and terrifying at the same time. It’s been an adventure walking through the process of securing financing and such. I thought we might get denied due to my student loans, but we got approved for more than we actually need. We won’t go over what we need.

On the horizon, there’s some trips. I’m getting lucky in how I travel, and I sort of fell into a trip to Paris and some Balkan states. It’s sort of a family thing, and just great timing. We probably wouldn’t be able to do this trip otherwise.

———————

Arch, sorry you’re going through such a patch. I’m not sure of what that must be like but my thoughts of peace and comfort stretch to you.

———————

GM, although we disagree on much...I’m glad you’re fighting and sticking through soo much.

I mean if building the pyramids and surviving the bubonic plague didn’t kill you, I’m sure you’ll keep on keeping on.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Lets see

You sir, are my hero.

(Especially short people) rofl

Just when I think I have problems, I remember GM and realize how freaking lucky I really am

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't really discuss the details of my personal life on the internet. And even though I feel a very close and real connections to some of the posters on this board, I still rarely discuss such things with any of them via PM. It's just the way I've been for a very long while now. I think a lot of that had to do with the loss of my father.

He was the rock of the family that everyone talked to in their hour of need or if they felt they had to talk to someone. As such, he had never really shown much weakness to others. I'm sure he probably had someone he shared his thoughts and troubles with, but I have no idea who that may have been. Showing that level of strength is why everyone considered him their rock. They felt he was unflappable.

I'm the oldest of five children by quite a bit. As such, the duty of that position fell upon me once he passed. It changes ones perspective on things. Even upon his passing I made the funeral arrangement, delivered his eulogy at the funeral all with a strength that I didn't even know I possessed. It was a duty I felt I owed to him. To be the rock he always was to his family. At that time, even my mourning of the greatest man I had ever known was a private experience.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that life is an evolution. As Clem eluded to, you are at the age where loss will be much more prevalent in your life. The people you depended on as your guide will be leaving. As such you will be one of those who will fill their shoes. And as with them, your time will come as well.

As you age, more health issues will come into play. But once again, that's simply the evolution of life. And I know the bond you have with your daughter is very strong. I think you will find it trying and a bit unsettling as she begins the time where all of her decisions are her own and you lose the grip of being a huge influence in helping make those decisions with her or for her. That's just a natural reaction of being a parent but it's a difficult one.

How's life treating me? Well I would say. I'm happy. My daughter grew up to be very successful. Which is far more important to me than anything concerning myself. My oldest grandson has given me a great grandson and his family is happy and healthy. I have a granddaughter in college.

At a certain point in life one thinks about their legacy. Some people measure that by material goods. I look at it as the part of yourself you leave behind in this world. That is your family. In that regard I'm very happy and proud on the part of myself I will leave behind in this world. Good, compassionate, productive people. People who applied themselves to be the best they can be. Knowing I've played some part in that during my life is all the reward I could hope for in my time spent on this earth.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
I must confess, I read your reply to me. And then I read this:

Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

I'm still pissed at you, but I don't hate you. And I still care about you as a person.

And that made me go back to the last pm you sent me. I re-read that pm.

Thanks for caring about me as a person. A 'person' A 'person'?

Thanks.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I am sorry GM; you sure have been dealt a lot

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
My mom was killed going on 15 yrs now coming home from going with my sis to check out preschools for my sisters youngest. Events like that change you. You are never the same after.

Dad going on 7 yrs in home with dementia. All his and my stepmoms savings were gone in icouple years of home health aides and the first few years in skilled nursing.

As for my family, I am about 5 to 10 from retirement and never had a broken bone, surgery or stitch. Work is always busy and lots of opportunity if I want to.
Daughter in college, son will be done in high school in a couple. Both in honors, both have about 3.9 gpa. Daughter in great field (computer & cyber security) and she has scholarships that pay for great deal of it.
But I know in a couple years my daughter will be done in college and off on her own and my son is thinking going away to school.
I don’t know what me and my wife will do without them. I could see a for sale sign on the house-especially if the kids settle in the south.

For the most part very lucky-good health and great family.

I know quite a few who will probably not be able to retire-no 401, bad decisions etc. a number of my friends waited until their kids were nearing end of high school and got divorced.
And I have a few friends/relatives whose kids were addicted to h. Absolute hell on earth to the families

B
Legend
Legend
B
For a old fart, not bad. Recently diagnosed with fatty liver. It could have been worse, so I can deal with that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

(Especially short people)

Hey I really enjoyed playing center those few years in the MNBA

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I mean if building the pyramids and surviving the bubonic plague didn’t kill you, I’m sure you’ll keep on keeping on.

That new fangled blood letting procedure worked great on the plague.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

That new fangled blood letting procedure worked great on the plague.

Bring on the leeches!

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

(Especially short people)

Hey I really enjoyed playing center those few years in the MNBA

I will never forget those monstrous windmill dunks on that 4' rim. wink

Sad part is that I might have trouble doing that today. crazy rofl

Legend
Legend
"Meh."

- GM, you inspire me.
- It's been 15 months since my brain tumor surgery and both MRI's since have shown no new growth (they had to leave a chunk because it wrapped around my facial nerve). On most days I'm fine, but I do suffer from minor headaches, left ear deafness+tinnitus and I get a bloody nose every time I have an erection. Okay, last one is a joke from How I Met You Mother.
- I'm taking a daily laxative for my scarred colon (UC) and it's been helping me tolerate more foods.
- I'm fighting through tendinitis in my hands, feet and shoulders. Not easy, but I've been swimming 3-4 times a week instead of running or lifting.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
As you can see I have these envelopes, which have been hermetically sealed in a mayonnaise jar, and and have been sitting on Funk and Wagner's front porch since noon today. NO ONE knows the contents of these envelopes. ;

Sis boom Bah.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
Sorry for your loss, Arch.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I get a bloody nose every time I have an erection.

Geez I can't even bruise my belly button when I get one. naughtydevil

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:
I get a bloody nose every time I have an erection.

Geez I can't even bruise my belly button when I get one. naughtydevil

Outstanding

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... How's life treating you?

Link Copied to Clipboard