Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Just saw this on rotoworld...We need some depth along our line.

Legend
Legend
All I know is he was with Cincy, thats it lol

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
depth.

Tackles are tackles.
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
I remember him as a run stuffer, first kind of buried on that team...I remember the draft talk when he was coming out of Baylor. Maybe hell play run situations since we obviously have run stuffing issues...but obviously he will behind Sheldon and Larry Ogi. Not a great player by any length, but should help our rotation as it always seems our starters play far too much imho

Legend
Legend
Thanks .. maybe he’s learned from Atkins too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
ANDREW BILLINGS
DL, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns signed DT Andrew Billings.

Billings started 37 games with the Bengals after being selected in the fourth round of the 2016 draft. Unfortunately, he never quite got rolling as a pass rusher, totaling just 3.5 sacks and 12 QB hits through three seasons of action. Billings will provide depth to the Browns' defensive front, but expectations should be managed. PFF graded him as their 50th-best interior defender among 121 qualified players in 2019.

SOURCE: Ben Baby on Twitter
Mar 19, 2020, 12:21 PM ET

M
Legend
Legend
M
That's what I would imagine as well.

Andrew Billings 2019 PFF Grades:

Overall - 69.3
Run Defense - 68.4
Pass Rush - 65.3
Total Snaps = 657

Legend
Legend
Seems like a 2 down DT then ... and depth

Legend
Legend
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
1m
The #Browns are giving DT Andrew Billings a 1-year deal worth $3.5M fully guaranteed, source said. Some heft on their defensive line from someone they’ve played against twice a year.

Legend
Legend
at worst, a camp body; at best, a rotational backup

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
J/c

Following a few Browns guys on twitter .. they seem to really like this pickup

Legend
Legend
If you check out @JoeGoodberry on twitter ... he’s got a string of nice thoughts/highlights of Billings

All Pro
All Pro
Finally! A viable 3-man rotation in the middle. I feel like I've been waiting for this for 3 years.

We may finally be able to see what big Larry can do when he's not run into the ground. Assuming he stays healthy, that it.

The snap counts for our DT's have been ridiculous for so long.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
J/C Rock solid pick up. We needed a little Beef up front and a run stopper to boot. I hope to see another big body to add to the room from the draft. We know that Baltimore is gonna run 35 times per game and if Cincy takes Burrow, my guess is Mixon will see a carry increase, and I think Pittsburgh will re-establish their old school identity to run first to protect what ever is left of Big Ben. 1 year deal is also good for us.

T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
Finally! A viable 3-man rotation in the middle. I feel like I've been waiting for this for 3 years.

We may finally be able to see what big Larry can do when he's not run into the ground. Assuming he stays healthy, that it.

Amen, I always felt we got more gashed due to our starters being far gassed...I've seen several times in the past two years where our starters are sucking air in the 2nd quarter...would love to have a Dline with depth like the Eagles posess.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Why bring in a DT from a defense that
Got gashed last year ?
Maybe he was part of the problem ?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Got gashed last year ?

I don't think that we brought him here to be anything more than a rotational guy, with that said, he is definitely more stout than Larry O vs the run.

[Linked Image]

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

Every time we get depth, people want to trade it away. Then if someone get's injured, it becomes, "Why did we trade [fill in name here], he could have helped in this situation."

Last year we had depth at Cornerback, and it got us through in the early season when both starting corners went down. It looks like Berry wants to build depth as well as the starters. Let us hope it continues.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Like it..adding talent TO WIN!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

More like a one down player. Either way, it's a type of player we didn't have last year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

More like a one down player. Either way, it's a type of player we didn't have last year.

No we did not!

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
Depth. We need it.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Good Pick-up for depth thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Indeed

P
Legend
Legend
P

Andrew Billings #99 DT Cincinnati Bengals | Official Team Site

Height: 6-1 Weight: 328 Age: 25 Born: 3/6/1995 Waco , TX

College: Baylor Experience: 5th season High School: Waco HS [TX]

TCKL 35 SCK 1.0 FF 0 INT --

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
Got gashed last year ?

Bengals had the league's worst LB core (probably passing the torch to us now lol)..they were a huge blame to defensive woes. Paired with and erratic secondary, and youth movement influx with the Dline...they had issues, but the dline was arguably the best of their sectors.

Last edited by tru_dawgs; 03/19/20 03:21 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Its about the 11 you put out there. If you are the only one working out what does it matter. We got to get the best of OUR ELEVEN OUT THERE...hopefully he is a guy who will get better with Richardson, Garrett and Larry around him.

As long as we upgrade in this case from the bottom of our barrel jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

I tried but couldn't make it work. If anybody can go to @joegoodberry and copy those Billings tweets over here that would be worth doing.

I got hyped watching them.

Legend
Legend
We are at least a bit less vulnerable with depth added here. Hope he can stop run for us. I think it is a decent pickup.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: RedBaron

Exactly. The guy isn't going to get the QB often, but he will plug running lanes.

Hello? We need that, right?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I know people get very upset if one questions any of Berry's choices, but I'm not so sure that Billings is the big-time run-stuffer that you guys are saying he is.

I think he is very strong. I think he is known as a guy who can get good penetration due to that strength. I think he has a rep of not being able to shed blocks in the run game. Not good moving laterally. Let's guys get into his pads and can't disengage from them.

I think his best attributes are his strength which can lead to him getting into the backfield at times. Otherwise.......I don't see him as a run-stuffing DT.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I know people get very upset if one questions any of Berry's choices, but I'm not so sure that Billings is the big-time run-stuffer that you guys are saying he is.

I think he is very strong. I think he is known as a guy who can get good penetration due to that strength. I think he has a rep of not being able to shed blocks in the run game. Not good moving laterally. Let's guys get into his pads and can't disengage from them.

I think his best attributes are his strength which can lead to him getting into the backfield at times. Otherwise.......I don't see him as a run-stuffing DT.

I appreciate that. You could be right.

Probably why we signed him to a 1 year deal.

I see it as this, Berry doesn't want to enter the draft feeling like he needs to fill a position..

As I have said many times, you don't always look at the top of the roster. You also need to address the middle and bottom of the roster.

This is FA....late mind you. Teams aren't signing sure starters at this point, until guys like Clowney get their numbers right

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't get this one. He is a run stuffing NT and we play a 4-3. He is a horrible tackler for being a run stuffer as well. The only job I can project for him is as a space eater on the goal line.

So far, this is the one Berry move I just don't get.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I wasn't criticizing the signing. I was just adding that I don't think he is a run-stuffing DT.

PS: I would not pay Clowney anywhere close to the money he is asking.

Legend
Legend
We signed Bengals junk, wonderful.

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
We signed Bengals junk, wonderful.

One mans trash is another mans treasure thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
According to PFF he grades out as a pretty good run defender and a decent pass rusher but he does tend to miss a few tackles.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I wasn't criticizing the signing. I was just adding that I don't think he is a run-stuffing DT.

PS: I would not pay Clowney anywhere close to the money he is asking.

Neither is anyone else. There are still some quality starters out there but evidently they are seeking money teams aren't willing to pay.

I think we are at the point the teams and players know we aren't going to play the season. Maybe the next two.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Jc

It appears like Clowney is overvaluing himself. He’s never been supremely productive and/or healthy. Honestly, if I were a GM I’d be cautious in offering him too much money or too many years

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
jc

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns sign DT Andrew Billings

Link Copied to Clipboard