Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
Legend
Legend
You got it. Stay safe.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
I feel for you saint, I really do. For many reasons.

I have become basically unemployed myself, yet for a self employed person, there is still an uncertainty about applying for unemployment.

And I shouldn't say "basically unemployed". I should say I have NO work scheduled.

But, people like you are out in public. Dr's, nurses, the gas station employees handling money, the few retail store employees that are still open, etc. It's just a messed up state right now. (not 'state' as in Ohio, state as in the position we're all in. Some of us, a lot of us, can't work from home.)

E
Legend
Legend
E
They shut my county down. You can only go outside between the hours of 6-7. This is getting ridiculous.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
They shut my county down. You can only go outside between the hours of 6-7. This is getting ridiculous.

That's bizarre. Do they really want everyone going out in that 1hr window? That would defeat the purpose of quaranteening.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Wow! That's crazy.

Although, that may be coming to a neighborhood near everyone, soon.
My zip code only has like 5 cases right now, but I do expect that to grow quickly.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Sorry I disagree. I believe a hug is worth it. We were all born and we will all die, But to ignore those who are suffering by staying away and not giving them a hug is just wrong IMO

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I am preaching my 5th funeral in 7 days and there are restrictions such as family only and the funeral director and the Pastor... Just asking those of you who believe in prayer to please pray for me and those who attend these funerals ... God bless thumbsup

Will do pastor. May God bless those who mourn, and heal their broken hearts. May He keep them all safe, and unaffected by any diseases currently afflicting this country. May He also keep safe those who do His will in service.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
That's cool, but I will disagree and reiterate. You go on with that, but I don't know where they've been, but more importantly, I don't know what *I've* been around.... and if I'm going to be responsible, that means I conduct myself as if I already am infected and don't want to expose anyone else.

Safety now - not just for yourself, but for others; consolation and condolences later.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bless you Pastor, do your job and keep your distance. The Lord did not say minister in such a way as to get yourself dead.

Thanks, jfan.. I'm trying.. it's difficult to help people at work that are bitching bc their anointed entitled ass doesn't have wipey paper.

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Legend
Legend
919 deaths in Italy in the last 24 hours.
769 in Spain

both were over 700 yesterday, too

Interesting thing:

Spain has 65,000 cases; over 4,000 are Critical
Germany has 50,000 cases, but only 23 cases - twenty three - are critical.

That is an amazingly disproportionate set of data.
France, with fewer than 33,000 cases has almost as many deaths as Spain.

Somebody needs to look deeply into whatever is different about Germany, ASAP.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
I thought all funerals and weddings were postponed.

Seriously I could have so much fun with this statement... Even in bad times..Laughing is good..and right now..Im lmao

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm listening to a commercial right now about erectile dysfunction.. All I can think about is a single guy like me social distancing..

Only thing I want stiff right now is my Bourbon.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: jfanent

That's bizarre. Do they really want everyone going out in that 1hr window? That would defeat the purpose of quaranteening.

yeah that just seems like a really bad idea. Stores packed, high possibility of traffic incidents because of people hurrying, even going out for a walk is dangerous because so many people will be out.

We're still sheltering in place in Illinois. Both my wife and I have essential jobs, she has to be at work, while my team is rotating 1 in the building every few days while the others work from home.

This sucks, and I think one of the toughest pills to swallow is that things may not even start to get back to normal until August.

I really hope these numbers start to slow but right now they just aren't.

There are so many little things that could have been done early on that could have slowed this thing. There were idiots here out at bars the weekend before st patrick's day. There was no shelter in place, but the cat was out of the bag that this thing was here, and they STILL went out like complete morons. I hate people so much.

A
Legend
Legend
A

Maybe she meant 6 am to 7 pm? I don't know.....

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
There are so many off-shoots to this pandemic. My son texted that he had to let a couple dozen of his employees go. He's pretty depressed about having to do that, but the higher-ups gave him no choice.

Just think about how many lives are being adversely affected by the virus even if they don't have the actual virus. Hundreds of years from now, folks will be talking about COVID-19.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I don’t hate the people. I hate their ignorance, self-centeredness, thoughtlessness, and general narcissism.
It’s deplorable.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Maybe she meant 6 am to 7 pm? I don't know.....

I got it wrong, it's 6 to 9.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
All pm? Or a.m to p.m?

E
Legend
Legend
E
All pm? Or a.m to p.m?

am to pm. I thought it was pm to pm at first and was panicing.

No Craps Given
S
Legend
Legend
S
All pm? Or a.m to p.m?

am to pm. I thought it was pm to pm at first and was panicing.

lol that makes a little more sense. so its basically just a curfew then

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I'm so sorry Clemdawg.

I am so scared for my 67 year old husband who has heart failure, triple bypass, fluid in his lungs, type 2 diabetes and is still a smoker.

Saying a prayer and thinking positive thoughts for everyone here.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
There are so many off-shoots to this pandemic. My son texted that he had to let a couple dozen of his employees go. He's pretty depressed about having to do that, but the higher-ups gave him no choice.

Just think about how many lives are being adversely affected by the virus even if they don't have the actual virus. Hundreds of years from now, folks will be talking about COVID-19.

Absolutely. The ripple effects will be tremendous and we haven't even started to see big numbers.

On a related note, my step-dad has laid off 23 of his 31 employees due to a sharp decline in business. Additionally, my best buddy's father is 99% certain he's going to shut down his company (food equipment distributor) and just retire rather than take out loans to try and keep it going and risk his own personal financial future. This will put 41 employees out of work.

L
Legend
Legend
L

A bunch of us - including me - got laid off on Tuesday because there is absolutely no revenue coming in.

It sucks but it’s hard to complain when so many are losing their livelihoods, at least short term.

For some, it could be long term.

I live in a smallish town in Nova Scotia - the number of cases here is minuscule but who knows for how long - went for a walk downtown today and everything is shut down. Gas stations are desolate, what’s scary for me is that my wife works in a big grocery store. She isn’t afraid but I am.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
This is tough. Think about how many of these people have small children to take care of. Also, how many small businesses will be forced to close their doors?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Sorry to hear that, lamp. Best of luck to you and your wife. My wife is in health care, so I know how you feel about yours. I haven't sold an art piece all week and the tutoring thing is moving very slowly, so my income is way down. I'm not complaining. It's just that almost everyone is now feeling the effects of the virus. It's like we are at war.

Hang in there, bro.

A
Legend
Legend
A
People losing their livelihoods? Right now, that is me. But, at least as of now, I'm healthy. I think.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Food banks will be overwhelmed soon, taxes won’t be paid, charities are suffering, musicians are getting hit, people aren’t working, aren’t spending money and aren’t buying gas. I live a couple blocks from a gas station/convenience store. It’s always busy, or at least it was.

Not anymore.

This is impacting almost every sector, everywhere. It’s all happened very fast, and it’s going to be far-reaching.

gmstrong

-----------------

L
Legend
Legend
L
Thanks vers, but we will be okay. We have safety nets if it goes that far. I’d rather be independent but....
I worry about my wife, though, if it gets worse around here.

gmstrong

-----------------

M
Legend
Legend
M
This is tough. Think about how many of these people have small children to take care of. Also, how many small businesses will be forced to close their doors?

Here's just a snapshot....from a NYT article.

Restaurant analysts and operators have been quoting an estimate that 75 percent of the independent restaurants that have been closed to protect Americans from the coronavirus won’t make it. The National Restaurant Association estimated this week that the entire industry would lose $225 billion in the coming three months and shed five to seven million employees.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/20/dining/local-restaurants-coronavirus.html

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm still working, and my job isn't practicing social distancing. I don't want to say where or what I do, but other departments have been split up and are practicing those things but mine isn't.

I'm fairly upset about it, my drinking has accelerated quite a bit. I know there is a number to report this stuff, but I'm not going to do it. It's probably like calling OSHA on your employer, and I don't want to lose my job or sound ungrateful that I'm still working.

Yes my job is considered essential, even though there's no reason for us to be there. Fortunately my department is small, but we are violating more than 10 in one space when we're all in the break room in the morning.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I work in a prison in Ohio, so far no positive tests in any prisons, hope it stays that way. I work in a control center by myself, so I’m lucky.

I’ve looked a little but haven’t found much, how is this affecting the prison population?

Legend
Legend
I was actually wondering the other day what happened if prisons became vulnerable

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I helped build the newer prisons in London on the LCI side. I wouldn't want to be trapped in one of those with an outbreak like this, I can tell you that much. I have friends and family that work out their I'd hate to see it go through those prisons.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Some great news:

US FDA clears new coronavirus rapid test
The United States Food and Drug Administration has cleared a new rapid test from Abbott Laboratories, which the company says can detect the coronavirus in about five minutes.

Medical device maker Abbott announced the emergency clearance of its cartridge-based test on Friday night. The company says that its test delivers a negative result in 13 minutes when the virus is not detected.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
India quarantines 15,000 after virus kills 'super-spreader' guru

Religious leader dies of COVID-19 after preaching in over dozen villages in Punjab state, prompting strict restrictions.

At least 15,000 people who may have caught the new coronavirus from a Sikh religious leader are under strict quarantine in northern India after the man died of COVID-19.

The 70-year-old guru, Baldev Singh, had returned from a trip to Europe's virus epicentre Italy and Germany before he went preaching in more than a dozen villages in Punjab state.

Nineteen people who were in contact with the preacher have already tested positive for the new virus, said Vinay Bublani, a local deputy police commissioner.

Results are being awaited from more than 200 other people, who were tested.

The case has sparked one of India's most serious alerts related to the pandemic, with special food deliveries made to each household under even tighter restrictions than the strict 21-day nationwide stay-at-home order imposed by the government.

"The first of these 15 villages was sealed on March 18, and we think there are 15,000 to 20,000 people in the sealed villages," said Gaurav Jain, a senior magistrate for the district of Banga, where Singh lived.

"There are medical teams on standby and regular monitoring," he told AFP news agency on Friday.

'Shadow of death'
The guru and his two associates - who have also tested positive - ignored self-isolation orders on their return from Europe, and were on their preaching tour until Singh fell ill and died.

The case has stunned India and a popular Punjabi singer based in Canada, Sidhu Moose Wala, released a song about Singh that has been viewed on YouTube more than 2.3 million times in less than two days.

"I passed on the disease ... roaming around the village like a shadow of death," say the lyrics to the song, which Punjab's police chief Dinkar Gupta has encouraged people to listen to as a warning.

With 918 confirmed coronavirus cases and 20 deaths, India's toll is lower than other countries afflicted by the pandemic, but experts say many infections have not been detected due to a lack of testing.

The South Asian nation of some 1.3 billion people reported its first coronavirus case on January 30 but in recent weeks the number of infections has climbed rapidly.

Browns is the Browns

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
This article is about my friend's wedding. It's in german, but if you use chrome it will auto translate. There's a lot more to this story but this focuses on his wife's journey here right before we closed our border with Europe.

https://bnn.de/lokales/karlsruhe/nothoch...rade-noch-zuvor

Last edited by YepTheBrownsRule; 03/28/20 08:08 AM.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That's pretty crazy, but at least it saved her from a Vegas wedding smile

Browns is the Browns

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Lol, it's what they both wanted to do. They had to get married before the Visa/green card appointment. It's been in the works for about a year.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

https://www.euronews.com/2020/03/25/coro...covid-19-deaths

"A healthy 16-year-old girl died of coronavirus in France on Thursday."

For anyone with kids that think they are impervious.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
There's a memory for a lifetime. That must have been nerve wracking. Congrats to them.

My son had to postpone his wedding for this summer. It was in August, but it was a destination wedding in Colorado (his fiance is from California...they met in college and are graduating this year). The logistics and uncertainty have made it extremely uncomfortable to expect everyone involved with the wedding and the guests to commit to the travel and expenses. Fortunately, the venue is allowing the substantial downpayment to apply to the new date next summer. Unfortunately, the whiteout on the invitations and announcements isn't working out too well. grin

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Contagion : COVID-19 Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard