Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Nurse dies in New York hospital where workers are reduced to using trash bags as protective medical gear

A nurse at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York died from COVID-19 after learning he was infected by the novel coronavirus almost two weeks ago. Protective medical gowns are in such short supply in the Mount Sinai system that some nurses have started to use Hefty-brand garbage bags instead, according to photos on social media.

The New York Post reported that Kious Kelly, an assistant nursing manager at Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan, died Tuesday. He was 48 years old.

His sister confirmed his death to the Post, saying that she was told he had been in the intensive-care unit but that he did not think it was serious. The Post did not specify how he contracted the virus.

"We are deeply saddened by the passing of a beloved member of our nursing staff," Renatt Brodsky, a representative for the Mount Sinai Health System, told Business Insider in a statement. Brodsky did not provide any further details.

New York state has become the epicenter for the US's coronavirus outbreak, with more than 33,000 infections and more than 360 deaths. In New York and other areas in the US with large outbreaks, healthcare workers are reporting shortages of personal protective equipment like masks, gowns, face shields, and gloves.

At Mount Sinai West, in the same hospital system where Kelly worked, nurses published a photo on social media showing them fashioning plastic trash bags into protective outfits, according to the Post.

"NO MORE GOWNS IN THE WHOLE HOSPITAL," they wrote on Facebook. "NO MORE MASKS AND REUSING THE DISPOSABLE ONES … NURSES FIGURING IT OUT DURING COVID-19 CRISIS." One nurse is seen holding a box of Hefty Strong 33-gallon bags, more commonly used for lining household trash cans.

https://www.businessinsider.com/kious-kelly-hospital-nurse-dies-trash-bags-2020-3

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

What post did this pastor share suggesting it's a hoax? There's nothing on the website or that guy's twitter feed that I can find.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Why do you and others, with your baloney posts being bad enough, need to add lies to the mix?

A Washington Post reporter has apologized for and deleted a tweet in which she falsely claimed President Trump called the coronavirus a "hoax" during a recent campaign rally.

"My apologies for quoting the president out of context," said Amber Phillips, a reporter for the Post's "The Fix" political blogging team. "As The Washington Post’s Fact Checker makes clear, he called Democrats politicizing coronavirus a hoax. I have deleted the incorrect tweet."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...onavirus-a-hoax

Let’s make this short and sweet. President Trump never called the virus a hoax. The writer is repeating a Democratic lie. Trump said some of the things the Democrats were saying about his administration’s response to the coronavirus outbreak was “their new hoax.”
https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/opinion...rus-letter.html

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

And you use someones death for pushing your political views?

P
Legend
Legend
P
The fact is that there are pastors, people and even governors that refuse to stop church services and take the measures needed to prevent this virus from spreading.

Our president was warned of this coming in January and blew it off.

They are CAUSING more deaths. The two things are directly related. And the only reason you posted what you did is because you are now affiliated with the party that used to claim they stood for personal responsibility and accountability. Not so much anymore.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yeah, a Democratic hoax that was just going to disappear.

A Washington Post reporter has apologized for and deleted a tweet in which she falsely claimed President Trump called the coronavirus a "hoax" during a recent campaign rally.

"My apologies for quoting the president out of context," said Amber Phillips, a reporter for the Post's "The Fix" political blogging team. "As The Washington Post’s Fact Checker makes clear, he called Democrats politicizing coronavirus a hoax. I have deleted the incorrect tweet."

Let’s make this short and sweet. President Trump never called the virus a hoax. The writer is repeating a Democratic lie. Trump said some of the things the Democrats were saying about his administration’s response to the coronavirus outbreak was “their new hoax.”
https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/opinion...rus-letter.html

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-coronavirus-rally-remark/

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

So? GOPers Calling it a Democrat hoax to politicize..is a hoax itself. Besides his clueless supporters took it that way anyways. rofl

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump calls for ousting GOP congressman from party ahead of coronavirus relief vote

Rep. Thomas Massie has signaled that he could hold up House passage of the stimulus measure.

President Donald Trump on Friday called for ousting from the Republican Party a GOP congressman who has signaled that he could hold up an impending House vote on the Senate's $2 trillion coronavirus emergency relief package.

"Looks like a third rate Grandstander named @RepThomasMassie, a Congressman from, unfortunately, a truly GREAT State, Kentucky, wants to vote against the new Save Our Workers Bill in Congress," Trump wrote on Twitter.

House Republican leadership has been concerned that Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) will move to demand a recorded tally as opposed to a voice vote on the historic stimulus measure, throwing a last-minute hurdle in the legislation's path to the president's desk.

The threat has forced dozens, if not hundreds, of lawmakers to return to Washington from their home districts, navigating across interstates and through airports at a time when public health officials have urged Americans to avoid nonessential travel and large groups.

"He just wants the publicity. He can’t stop it, only delay, which is both dangerous ... & costly," Trump tweeted of Massie. "Workers & small businesses need money now in order to survive. Virus wasn’t their fault. It is 'HELL' dealing with the Dems, had to give up some stupid things in order to get the 'big picture' done. 90% GREAT! WIN BACK HOUSE, but throw Massie out of Republican Party!"

In another message, the president sought to target Massie's status as chairman of the conservative House Second Amendment Caucus, writing: "By empowering the Radical Left Democrats, do nothing Kentucky politician @RepThomasMassie is making their War on the 2nd Amendment more and more difficult to win (But don’t worry, we will win anyway!). He is a disaster for America, and for the Great State of Kentucky!"

Massie reached out to Trump, but it is not clear whether they connected, according to two sources.

POLITICO previously reported that House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) had been in contact with Massie, and that the White House was aware of the potential obstacle he posed to the package's final passage.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) announced on Thursday that the House would vote Friday on the legislation, sending lawmakers scrambling back to the Capitol after they were previously told they would have at least 24 hours' notice if they needed to return.

Any single member could complicate the proceedings on Friday by objecting on the grounds that there isn't a quorum — in this case, 216 lawmakers — in the chamber, or by demanding a roll-call vote, an option opposed by Democratic and Republican congressional leadership. But even if Massie forces a recorded vote, the bill is expected to pass with broad bipartisan support.

Massie, who drove from Kentucky to be in Washington for the vote, on Thursday tweeted ominously an image of the Constitution's clause having to do with quorums in chambers of Congress. He also described the package as "not a good deal" and suggested it was the result of dubious legislative maneuvering.

"They're trying to convince us it should be a voice vote, it shouldn’t be recorded. And I'm struggling with this,” Massie told a Cincinnati radio station. As of late Thursday night, senior aides in both parties said they were unsure what he would do.

Although Massie has broken with Trump on other high-profile votes in Congress, the libertarian congressman's new feud with the president marks a major fracture in his campaign to win Trump's support amid a competitive Republican primary for his House seat in June.

When Trump visited his Mar-a-Lago resort for Super Bowl weekend last month, Massie purchased TV advertising time in South Florida on Fox News to air an attack ad branding his GOP challenger as a "Trump hater."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/27/trump-congressman-thomas-massie-coronavirus-vote-151523

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I think they hit a nerve.
Run it on a loop now

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Lol ...trump and his supporters are so easy to trigger.

And when the relief is held off for months because a loss of 1 week GOPers will blame it on Obama and the dems. Pfft the trump era.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

At least the Washington Post Reporter had the decency to apologize for taking the President out of context.

You have only doubled down on the "out of context" lies.

I expected nothing less.

Shame!!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I know actually hearing him say the words means nothing to you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I know nothing.

Funny how taking what people say out of context does. brownie

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I know nothing.

Funny how taking what people say out of context does. brownie

See pit...easy... Lol

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
You didn't take anything out of context. You wrote something totally different than what I said. I gave you a clip of the words coming straight from Trump's mouth. Without changing the words around like you did. I suggest you try to look up the definition of taking things out of context.

It doesn't include the doctoring of a quote.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Wait......you know nurses or doctors that are making less than $15 an hour?

And, what? People are having to pay for their kids care out of their own pocket? How dare that happen. YOU should be paying for their kids care. Certainly, the parents shouldn't be paying.

I'm talking about the service workers getting food for you and yours... but you knew that. I thanked a cashier for her service like a recognized hero Tuesday while shopping and it made her smile as if I made her day.

Yes they are paying out of the pittance that they earn and it's shameful when we are all depending on them this much.

When I go to the grocery store, I started telling the cashier to grab a candy bar from the rack of candy and magazines that they always have by the checkout lines.

It only costs about a dollar but they really really appreciate it.

Last edited by Jester; 03/27/20 12:38 PM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
My hopeful thinking is trump wants out after this. He crawls back to the private sector in November where his bullying and lies can’t get pushed back into his face in such a public manner.
He’s unfit for the presidency. I know his massive ego will never allow him to see it, but he’s also ‘smart’ enough (I use that word with trepidation) to know the private sector is easier money and less stress.

One can hope, right?

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
You didn't take anything out of context. You wrote something totally different than what I said. I gave you a clip of the words coming straight from Trump's mouth. Without changing the words around like you did. I suggest you try to look up the definition of taking things out of context.

"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They're politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs, you say, 'How's President Trump doing?', 'Oh, nothing, nothing.' They have no clue, they don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa, they can't even count. No, they can't. They can't count their votes. One of my people came up to me and said, 'Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.' That didn't work out too well. They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they've been doing it since he got in. It's all turning, they lost. It's all turning, think of it, think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know we did something that's been pretty amazing. We have 15 people in this massive country and because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that."

Just in case anyone is looking for - you know - what Trump said.... I know the faithful rely on what Trump says he said, or says he thought, or says he felt when he re-writes reality... but there's nothing like the actual "words". But like "facts" - they are optional for the faithful.

Last edited by mgh888; 03/27/20 12:55 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

At least the Washington Post Reporter had the decency to apologize for taking the President out of context.

You have only doubled down on the "out of context" lies.

I expected nothing less.

Shame!!

It was trump saying it so you are right they are lies

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's what Trump thinks facts are if they don't say what he wants them to say. A hoax.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888

"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. You know that, right? Coronavirus. They're politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs, you say, 'How's President Trump doing?', 'Oh, nothing, nothing.' They have no clue, they don't have any clue. They can't even count their votes in Iowa, they can't even count. No, they can't. They can't count their votes. One of my people came up to me and said, 'Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.' That didn't work out too well. They couldn't do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything, they tried it over and over, they've been doing it since he got in. It's all turning, they lost. It's all turning, think of it, think of it. And this is their new hoax. But you know we did something that's been pretty amazing. We have 15 people in this massive country and because of the fact that we went early, we went early, we could have had a lot more than that."

Just in case anyone is looking for - you know - what Trump said.... I know the faithful rely on what Trump says he said, or says he thought, or says he felt when he re-writes reality... but there's nothing like the actual "words". But like "facts" - they are optional for the faithful.

but thats not what he said he said

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend

Last edited by 40YEARSWAITING; 03/27/20 01:19 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Unreal. I feel for everyone on the front lines.

Some of you who have been around for a while know that I am a doctor. More specifically I am an Infectious Disease specialist. So when it comes to the front lines I am it. I work at a mid sized hospital in the suburbs of Charlotte NC.

I am telling right here and right now, this [censored] is real.

1, in my area we are still on the slow slope of an exponential curve. We are nothing even close to NYC, or Seattle or New Orleans. And even being so far away in the infection process from those places were are so busy that my partners and I have not taken a day off in weeks. I visit here on my lunch hour to try to keep some sense of normalcy in my life.

2, This is not just a disease of the elderly. 20% of the Covid patients in the ICU in this country are between the ages of 20 and 40. There is a 40 something otherwise healthy Covid patient in our ICU who has a 90% probability of dying in the next 24-48 hours. And people who do recover are showing significant decrease in lung capacity which means that they get short of breath just walking briskly. It is unknown if that is going to be permanent.

3, Despite what Trump says Chlorquine/hydroxychloroquine is not a game changer. It appears to mitigate the disease a little bit. The take away point is a little bit. When a patient gets started on these drugs they do not all of a sudden get miraculously better.

4, The PPE/mask shortage is a real thing. These masks are designed for single use. We get 1 mask per week and if it get soiled or wet we have to turn it in in exchange to get a new one. We have looked at various methods of sterilizing these masks but that is not easy to do without degrading the mask and compromising it's efficacy. We explored UV light sterilization but that degrades the mask. It looks like we can have the mask sit in 150 degree temperatures for 30 minutes will decontaminate without compromising it, but at this point we don't know for sure, or how many times we can do this. Again these are single use masks that we are using for a full week. And when I say single use, I don't mean for a full day. Typically you put the mask on for entering the patient room, discard it when we leave and if we need to go back in use a new mask. And that is at my hospital. I can't imagine how much worse it is at a hospital in one of the hotspots.

Have you thought about what happens if the healthcare workers start getting sick? Who will be there to take care of the sick?

5, We don't need more ventilators? Hospitals are trying to figure out what to rig the ventilators in a way that they can splice the tubing to ventilate multiple patients with a single ventilator. How is that even reasonable? How is any of what we are doing reasonable? But we do what we have to.

The federal government needs to get their heads out of their asses and commission businesses with the capabilities to start making this protective equipment and ventilators. But instead, they are holding things up unless the Governors bend down and kiss his butt. Their actions are going to be directly responsible for innumerable deaths.

Anyone who says this president is providing quality leadership either doesn't care enough to actually look at it, is a complete sucker for the propaganda, or just trying to get Swish fired up.

Last edited by Jester; 03/27/20 01:27 PM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Thank you Jester for all you do. I have a friend that’s an ER doctor here in town. It’s ramping up and he’s working his arse off for the community.
Stay safe. Wash your hands.

All of us in the trenches deserve a month off after all this to catch our collective breath and mentally/emotionally decompress.

Wash your hands.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
This post should be pinned.
This is a serious discussion for serious people.
This post is the model.

Jester: You're a treasure and a hero. Please PLEASE stay safe.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Great post, Jester.

Stay safe!

M
Legend
Legend
M

P
Legend
Legend
P
Man, I know you're dong everything possible to help protect and help your patients. Please do everything you can to protect yourself as well. I would hope that people listen to people like yourself to gather the facts of what's really going on out there and how let down you all feel by our governments response and the excuses being manufactured to try and minimize their incompetence.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

So hundreds of lawmakers were summoned to Washington D.C. Thursday night and Friday morning from coronavirus-ravaged communities in New York, California and elsewhere. This, despite strict guidelines from the Capitol physician advising lawmakers not to congregate at the Capitol and stay in their offices until needed to avoid the spread of the virus that has already infected several lawmakers.

While Massie was able to ensure many lawmakers showed up for the vote, he was not, in the end, able to force a roll-call.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Thank God they managed to stop that right wing Republican nut job from getting his way.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
But he did get his way as he forced hundreds of low life lib Democrats to fly into Corona infested DC to yell Aye.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Not really. It's the idiots on the other side of the aisle that believe his foolishness. You know, those still attending church services and believe him over the health experts.

Republicans trust Trump more than the CDC for accurate info on the coronavirus, a new poll shows

https://www.businessinsider.com/republic...3ygANnTinrllYXE

Like sheep being led to slaughter.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
The tweet says:"On March 13, Pastor Landon Spradlin shared this post suggesting #COVID19 is a hoax."

It does not say Trump called it a hoax. However, as far as I'm concerned Trump did call it a hoax because he's a dumbass and can't communicate beyond a 4th grade level. But I will accept yet another excuse for him and agree that he didn't mean it the way that is sounded.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/27/20 02:44 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
My hopeful thinking is trump wants out after this. He crawls back to the private sector in November where his bullying and lies can’t get pushed back into his face in such a public manner.
He’s unfit for the presidency. I know his massive ego will never allow him to see it, but he’s also ‘smart’ enough (I use that word with trepidation) to know the private sector is easier money and less stress.

One can hope, right?

He probably would if he wasn't afraid he'll be prosecuted. I think he's hoping to die in office at this point.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
The tweet says:"On March 13, Pastor Landon Spradlin shared this post suggesting #COVID19 is a hoax."

What post did the pastor share? I couldn't find it anywhere. I hope there is one, otherwise making fun of someone that died of this is in very poor taste.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

What post did the pastor share? I couldn't find it anywhere. I hope there is one, otherwise making fun of someone that died of this is in very poor taste.

He posted/shared this meme on FB calling it 'mass hysteria' and comparing it to H1N1 under Obama as 'totally chill':

https://www.facebook.com/landon.spradlin/posts/10158051152633688

V
Legend
Legend
V
Much respect for the job you are doing, Jester. And that was an awesome post.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree making fun of him would be very in poor taste. Yet at the same time, the irony would be so thick you could cut it with a knife. Sadly things similar to this are actually happening.

Nearly 3 dozen who attended Arkansas church event test positive for coronavirus

"Maybe you assumed that it couldn’t happen to you, just like I did," the church pastor wrote in a Facebook post.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nea...sitive-n1169471

It doesn't say exactly the date of the occasion, but when pasors and churches are still, to this day, still holding services, the situation will only become even worse.

#gmstrong
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid-19 continues.

Link Copied to Clipboard