Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Like that famous tower in Italy, your supposed facts lean far to one side. tsktsk

P
Legend
Legend
P
Not really. You brought up Italy. I suggest you take a look at them as an indication of what we'll be seeing very soon.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Here come the bailouts again. Tax payers will get chump change and trump’s billionaire buddies like Bloomberg will take the cream again.

Why are you so obsessed with people who make a lot of money? Are you jealous? Envious you aren't as successful? They don't owe you a damn thing. What's your angle besides being jealous and upset about not being rich?

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Here come the bailouts again. Tax payers will get chump change and trump’s billionaire buddies like Bloomberg will take the cream again.

Why are you so obsessed with people who make a lot of money? Are you jealous? Envious you aren't as successful? They don't owe you a damn thing. What's your angle besides being jealous and upset about not being rich?

Dealing with trump supporters is like plunging a toilet with a rope. There will be lots of crap and you will make zero progress toward fixing the situation.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Dealing with trump supporters is like plunging a toilet with a rope. There will be lots of crap and you will make zero progress toward fixing the situation.

Are y'all for real? Damn!

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 03/24/20 09:05 PM. Reason: formatting
O
Legend
Legend
O
100% everyday. I have nothing against the people, just the politics and cult like blindness to see the harm they do.

Legend
Legend

Because big corporations and billionaires don’t pay their fair share of taxes on their income and profits like the rest of us are forced to.. So you can stop projecting your flaws onto me with your silly pettiness, thank you.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Because big corporations and billionaires don’t pay their fair share of taxes on their income and profits like the rest of us are forced to.. So you can stop projecting your flaws onto me with your silly pettiness, thank you.

I’d add that a billionaire that has employees on public assistance because of poor pay (such as Walmart) or employees that are kept below full time status to avoid paying them health benefits, hasn't ‘earned’ their billions. They’ve exploited the labor of others for their own gain.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
And we have a system that allows them to exploit those people.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Guys.........I am a man of the people.......but, do you get how business works? Did any of you even read history and I am going beyond business? Feudal times? Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, Knights, Barons, Bishops, Lords, Dukes, vassals, serfs, peasants, etc.

This crap has been in existence since we evolved from nomadic hunter and gathers to "civilized" society.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It most certainly has. However that does not make it any less despicable and some still refuse to see it.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Some of us see America, the greatest economy ever known to man.

Some of us see America, the most powerful Nation ever known to man.

Some of us see America, where the lowest can rise to the highest with brains and effort.

Too bad you find it despicable.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Killing people for money is despicable. Favoring the wealthy is despicable.

I guess you've missed all the changes made in this country to help it become the nation we have today. There are changes still yet to be made in order for it to be even greater.

#gmstrong
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:

Guys.........I am a man of the people.......but, do you get how business works?

Rockefeller said it best, "I'd rather make 1% of of 100 than 100% off of 1".... that goes for taxes also. Tax breaks are given to large corporations to set up shop in our backyards for a damn good reason. But hey, some folks want to cry about putting 100,000 people to work....on behalf of Florida, thank you Amazon for coming here thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V
No offense, but that was not the point I was trying to make. LOL

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: daytnabacker

Rockefeller said it best, "I'd rather make 1% of of 100 than 100% of of 1"

Yes, Grand PaPa was one with the words alright. thumbsup

O
Legend
Legend
O
smh

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Rockefeller said it best, "I'd rather make 1% of of 100 than 100% of of 1"

Yes, Grand PaPa was one with the words alright. thumbsup

Ok boomer.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Some of us remembered America, when it had the greatest economy ever known to man.

Some of us remembered America, when it was the most powerful Nation ever known to man.

Some of us remember America, where they used to be able to come from the lowest and could rise to the highest with brains and effort.

Pfft .... the trump era changed all that.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Coronavirus hits already struggling US farmers: ‘We’ve stopped saying it can’t get worse’

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/28/coronavi...-in-prices.html

Damn these welfare queens ALWAYS need to get bailout over something. They’ve taken more bailout money than the big 3 in the 08 crisis.

Man.....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Coronavirus hits already struggling US farmers: ‘We’ve stopped saying it can’t get worse’

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/28/coronavi...-in-prices.html

Damn these welfare queens ALWAYS need to get bailout over something. They’ve taken more bailout money than the big 3 in the 08 crisis.

Man.....

And Amazon and all the other mega Corps got another big gimme! And they don’t even pay taxes. Pfft trump.

– Jackie Robinson
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:
And Amazon and all the other mega Corps got another big gimme! And they don’t even pay taxes. Pfft trump.

Amazon employs 798,000 people in the U.S. That was my point in my previous post. Make 1% off 100 instead of 100% off of 1. Would you rather Amazon move those jobs overseas?

The median payroll for their U.S employees is 35k. Thats 27B in taxable income plus the trickle down into the economy....yep give Amazon their tax breaks!

P
Legend
Legend
P
While Amazon pays zero. More excuses for that coming soon to a theater near you....

Murica!

#gmstrong
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
LOL sorry you can' understand but I appreciate your informative reply notallthere

P
Legend
Legend
P
Oh I understand. You seem to think it's fine for corporation to bribe our nation. If we expect them to pay their fair share they threaten to move those jobs overseas. Most people would consider that one of two things. Either bribery or blackmail. Unless of course a corporation does it. Then it's just business.

You don't seem to have an issue with that. I do. But I certainly understand how it all works.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Amazon couldn’t move all those jobs overseas. They couldn’t ship Prime orders fast enough to keep customers happy. They need warehouses across the country to do what they do.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Quote:

Amazon employs 798,000 people in the U.S. That was my point in my previous post. Make 1% off 100 instead of 100% off of 1. Would you rather Amazon move those jobs overseas?

The median payroll for their U.S employees is 35k. Thats 27B in taxable income plus the trickle down into the economy....yep give Amazon their tax breaks!

I'd like to see amazon try to take those jobs overseas. Hard to deliver to my house in two days from China or India... Their business model and the key to their success is warehousing and free delivery under Prime. You can't do that from overseas... smh

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/28/20 12:22 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
What dytnbacker's post seems to remind me of is what we saw as kids and he seems to advocate it. He seems to think it's fine that companies bribe their way into paying no taxes.

Remember that one kid who always said, "You either play by my rules or I'm taking my ball and going home"? Yeah, me too. Nobody liked that kid.

#gmstrong
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:
I'd like to see amazon try to take those jobs overseas

Fair point. Mexico and Canada, although not overseas, I'm sure could strike a deal. Let's have some illegals driving trucks across the boarder to drone hubs and have our skies filled with drones operated out of India lol.That would cut at least half those jobs. What do you think would happen to your Prime membership if they had to pay taxes? Amazon is an example for you non thinkers willynilly

P
Legend
Legend
P
So because we think corporations should actually pay taxes, we are the ones who do not think? A nice little tariff on Amazon for everything that comes across the border would stop all of that. If American companies remove American jobs, make them pay.

#gmstrong
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:
"You either play by my rules or I'm taking my ball and going home"? Yeah, me too. Nobody liked that kid.

That's the way the ball will ALWAYS bounce! From Vanderbilt, Carnegie, Morgan, Rockefeller to Gates, Bezos, Page, Cook and Zuckerberg the ball keeps bouncing!

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:
A nice little tariff on Amazon for everything that comes across the border

I'm glad to see your on board with tariffs, except when Trump imposes them lol

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Taxcpayer funds? Well yeah, what do you think the government runs on. Wow this whole thread is a massive fail.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 03/28/20 01:36 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm actually not. It seems a lot of people are though. Amazon has their distribution plants here due to simply logistics. What you are proposing he may do won't work.

You support him using one community bidding against another to give him the biggest tax breaks. You think legal bribery and blackmail is perfectly okay.

Before you keep droning on about how much he helps a community, you may wish to look at what a family of three or four actually pay in taxes based on your stated "median income of 35k".

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Taxcpayer funds? Well yeah, what do you think the government runs on. Wow this whole thread is a massive fail.

You and your corporate welfare buddies are what is failing.

The government runs on debt since it's obvious you haven't been keeping score.

#gmstrong
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:
you may wish to look at what a family of three or four actually pay in taxes based on your stated "median income of 35k".

Without Bezos they'd be supported by government welfare. Interesting you point the taxes out on 35k family. My girlfriend just did her taxes and fits into your criteria. School teacher making 35k with 2 kids just got a refund that amounted to twice of what she paid....go figure

P
Legend
Legend
P
Exactly. Bezos is actually helping her drain tax payer funds, not add to them. So it looks like she's already being supported by a portion of government welfare,while Bezos is pocketing billions.

Murica!

#gmstrong
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Quote:
Exactly. Bezos is actually helping her drain tax payer funds, not add to them

You make no sense at all! 1st you say look at what a family of 3 or 4 making 35k pays in taxes. I then show you an example of how TRUMP takes care of such a family, then you blame Bezos for this superconfused

P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump takes care of them? Howe much does he and his family pay in taxes?

#gmstrong
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Lmao Pit you're comical....since he signed over the businesses to his kids and doesn't take a paycheck for his Presidency I would say ZERO! It's his tax plan that is taking care of my girlfriend. She hates him but it least she said thanks Trump! And what does this have to do with you blaming Bezos?

Last edited by daytnabacker; 03/28/20 02:18 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus It's taxpayer funds!

Link Copied to Clipboard