Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
V
Legend
Legend
V
We can quibble over wording, such as "trash." But, let's look at how this began. A poster said this:

Quote:
Can a team handle the sideshow CN brings with him? Don't want it here. He can be incredible, but can't get out of his own way. And he seems to be his own issue as far as self-distracting and self-destruction. Honestly, can't play ball without the set indulgent ego trip spotlighting himself. Games are hard enough to win without the extra lifting.
Pass.

I countered w/something like: have you looked at our own qb?

Think about all the talk that Baker's comments on Duke created? On here. Locally. And even nationally.

I think a lot of the things Baker said caused distractions and unwanted attention. And I am not going to stop talking about it just because one poster dedicates almost every single post he makes on this forum to trashing my character.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Baker being an azz hat doesn't mean that he was trashing a guy. If you think something he says or does - like planting a flag, grabbing his crotch, getting drunk as a college student, talking about other players contracts or draft position - makes him an idiot ... that's fine. Say it. I won't disagree. Saying he's trashing a player(s) when he is not ... Not okay.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think Baker and Cam were destructive, but each in their own way. I think it's a matter of which destructive you prefer. Cam seems like a very selfish, me first person. Baker, for all his warts, doesn't come across like that to me. He comes across like someone who is trying to lead but failing miserably at it. He could have felt that his comments about Duke were showing leadership. But he's young, immature, and a little arrogant. I think there's still time for him to mature. With Cam, at this point you are probably getting what you are getting.

Kind of a similar discussion with Baker and Case as far as playing. There is still hope for Baker to play better and mature, and I think people are banking on that hope because if it is realized, the sky is the limit.

In terms of whether you felt he trashed Duke and I felt that wasn't a good term, it doesn't matter. We agree on the general point that he shouldn't have done it.

V
Legend
Legend
V
For what it's worth, I don't like Cam either. I always thought he was a selfish, attention-seeking person. Never liked his character.

Anyway, maybe we can move past 888's obsession and discuss other things?

What did you think of PFF's analysis on the Hooper and Conklin signings?

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'll only make one more comment on the subject. Sometimes people can trash a person by doing it in a blatant fashion. It's clear and direct. Some can do it in a more subtle manner rather than overtly. How one perceives that is simply a matter of interpretation.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Suh is staying in TB. The Bucs might end up being pretty good this year. Lot's of talent at WR and TE. Their D was in the top 5 for the last 3/4ths of the season. And they now have a smart qb who is a great leader.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
j/c

I get tired of the constant regurgitation of "Baker ran from the cops." Yes. He tried to run. As a drunk college student, out on the streets, after a night in the bars. He was walking, not driving. He admitted his mistake. He accepted punishment. More than 2 years have passed, yet it is mentioned in every Baker Thread. Nothing similar, involving law enforcement, or drinking has occurred since he has become a Brown. Why keep bringing it up, except as a hater comment. Bringing up Manziel's drinking was understandable. He continued with alcohol problems after joining the team, but Baker has not.

I am not a Baker fan, nor hater. I would have liked to have seen the Browns sign Brady, and let Baker sit and learn. Didn't happen. Baker is still our Quarterback, he got his punishment for the "running from the cops" incident. Judge him on what he has done as a Brown, not as what he did as a college student.

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
This slipped through the cracks yesterday.

Apparently, the #Browns will keep Chris Hubbard around since the team restructured his contract, according to the NFL's official transactions wire.

Exact terms aren't available.

https://twitter.com/brentsobleski/status/1243183688759808000

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 03/26/20 10:58 AM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
j/c

I get tired of the constant regurgitation of "Baker ran from the cops." Yes. He tried to run. As a drunk college student, out on the streets, after a night in the bars. He was walking, not driving. He admitted his mistake. He accepted punishment. More than 2 years have passed, yet it is mentioned in every Baker Thread. Nothing similar, involving law enforcement, or drinking has occurred since he has become a Brown. Why keep bringing it up, except as a hater comment. Bringing up Manziel's drinking was understandable. He continued with alcohol problems after joining the team, but Baker has not.

So many people make one mistake and it follows them the rest of their life. That's life. If Baker takes care of business (on and off the field), that echo from fans (or haters) will soften with time.

Originally Posted By: Halfback32

I am not a Baker fan, nor hater. I would have liked to have seen the Browns sign Brady, and let Baker sit and learn. Didn't happen. Baker is still our Quarterback, he got his punishment for the "running from the cops" incident. Judge him on what he has done as a Brown, not as what he did as a college student.

I think signing Brady would have been a mistake. Brady is regressing. The numbers show that. I think you have to give Baker a continuous opportunity to get better. Any interruption in that is the wrong approach IMO, in particular for a #1 pick.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
in case you don't trust Field...

smile

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
She just can't resist putting that last little jab in there.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think keeping Hubbard at a reduced cost is a very solid move by the FO. I like it a lot.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
in case you don't trust Field...

smile

And you think we trust Mary Kay? lol. And the end of her tweet.. jesus, Mary Kay.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Good news about the restructure!!

ALso ... anyone have info on Brown?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Brown, who spent last season with the Giants and Dolphins, is in his third NFL season out of SMU. Originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the Giants in 2018, Brown has appeared in four career games. He appeared in one game in 2019 for the Giants in addition to spending time on New York’s practice squad. He was signed to the Dolphins’ active roster and appeared in three games for Miami.

Browns sign depth center Evan Brown. 60.6 #PFF grade, 38 snaps, 0 sacks allowed, 0 penalties.

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 03/26/20 12:57 PM.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
In the Cleveland Browns announcement that they had officially signed defensive tackle Andrew Billings, they also noted that they had signed center Evan Brown. Brown gives the Browns a true center to put behind J.C. Tretter. He spent his rookie season with the New York Giants after signing as an undrafted free agent out of Southern Methodist University. Last season, he was with the Miami Dolphins where he appeared in three games.

Brown came out of SMU as a great athlete for the center position, which has him in the exact same mold as Tretter when he entered the NFL out of Cornell. Tretter not only fits the wide zone scheme the Browns are going to utilize, he provides some extras that make him that much more attractive. He is a player that can pull, being utilized in running schemes that ask him to get out in front of a play as a blocker. It also enables the Browns to use him in some creative pass protections where they move the pocket dramatically.

Brown isn't quite as agile as Tretter, but he has a lot of the same athletic traits that would make a team running this type of offense like him. Brown won't turn 24 until September, so if he can show them enough to stick on the roster and thrive, he could be someone they develop within their system for a few years and potentially take over for Tretter when he leaves, getting an excellent mentor along the way.

In the mean time, Brown provides them badly needed depth at center. Teams usually want to carry three players into a game that can snap. They've mentioned the possibility that Drew Forbes and Wyatt Teller could snap, but this gives them another dedicated center that's only focused on playing the pivot.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/cleveland-browns-sign-center-evan-brown

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Thanks Grateful ... we did need a backup C. Let’s hope he’s the answer there

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Top tier backup money. Good stuff.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I always kinda liked Dennard

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think keeping Hubbard at a reduced cost is a very solid move by the FO. I like it a lot.

I agree. He will get a shot at RG. If he doesn't take the job, he offers valuable back-up depth.

Not a sexy signing, but a very solid move.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
The Ravens will not sign Michael Brockers as previously reported after being unable to come to an agreement on terms of a contract.

@Ravens

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I heard he had an ankle injury. He's a pretty good player. Glad they didn't get him.

Legend
Legend
Free agent DT Michael Brockers is heading back to the #Rams, per agent @ScottCasterline. After it falls apart in Baltimore, Brockers lands back home in LA.

@RapSheet

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Wow, he went back to the Rams

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
That’s a good signing .. Wolfe’s been productive

R
Legend
Legend
R
Ravens have killed the offseason.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Yes - they signed a bunch of old Fee Agents and lost Marshall Yanda. Killing it - right.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Correction - traded for old player and signed old free agents.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think they have improved their team and they went 14 and 2 last year. They have the reigning league MVP and a stable organization.

They are definitely trying to win now.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Ravens have killed the offseason.
they always do a nice job with the lines IMO

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
They are looking good going into the season.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
Great now I have to find a way to root for Wolfe while rooting against his team. I also need to pray for his family since they are surrounded by Browns AND Steeler fans lol

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
·
25m
Ronald Darby has agreed to a one-year, $4-million deal with the Redskins, per source.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Great now I have to find a way to root for Wolfe while rooting against his team. I also need to pray for his family since they are surrounded by Browns AND Steeler fans lol

Wolfe is a local guy and a class act. Wish we had him.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
And imagine, people thought the ravens were going to stink last year.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agency - Cont’d

Link Copied to Clipboard