Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
I agree. The fact that the PGA is at least tentatively setting up dates for the fall is a good sign (after talking with Trump the day before or whatever too)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
There's a lot of time between now and August.

IF a suitable treatment is discovered that mitigates the severe cases and keeps people out of ICU's and off the ventilators, then everything gets to go back to normal really, really quickly.

But wasnt it announced that a vaccine wont even be available until 2021?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Not a vaccine; treatments.

Vaccines keep you from getting infected in the first place.
Treatments help you handle the disease if you do get infected.

Vaccines are a LOOOOONG way off.
Treatments could come along at any time.

So, people would still get infected by the tens of thousands... but, if it doesn't create hospitalizations that require ICU beds and ventilators, then it suddenly isn't such a big deal, at all.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 04/06/20 05:26 PM.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Honestly I just dont see it. New york has it bad, it's a wreck over there and I just dont see it being under control by late july or early August. I hope it will be but as of now I just dont see it

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
And if IRC, we still won more games that decade, even without fielding teams, than the Bungles managed to do. I think some stats are very telling. We have made up for it since then admittedly, but there is a crushing sense of karmic isostasy in Ohio.

The Browns are being punished for something horrible. Lift the curse.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
The Browns are being punished for something horrible. Lift the curse.

I'm telling you, it's that damn Brownie. Look at him. He is evil and possessed. Exorcise the Brownie!

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

As trite as it may be. I have never liked that brownie elf.

I have nothing against a cartoon caricature but I just don't get what the brownie real is and what does it have to do with football?

So yes get rid of it.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The Elf has been around much longer than the "dawg." We've won titles with the Elf. We've actually not won diddly poo since we've incorporated the "dawg" and it's logos and references.

We have moved, suffered and endured an 0-16 season with the Dawg.

If there is a curse on the Browns it lies with the Dawg not the Elf.

I say we render the Dawg dead and move forward with the Elf. But we know that will not happen.

Legend
Legend
drop them both; we don't need either one

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
I find the fact that anyone believes either the Dawg or Brownie have anything to do with W's and L's to be hilarious.

It reminds me of five years ago when people were saying a change in uniforms might be some motivating factor.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well, it could have been, right?

I mean, racing stripes DO make a car faster.....

Browns is the Browns

E
Legend
Legend
E
Not a vaccine; treatments.

Vaccines keep you from getting infected in the first place.
Treatments help you handle the disease if you do get infected.

Vaccines are a LOOOOONG way off.
Treatments could come along at any time.

So, people would still get infected by the tens of thousands... but, if it doesn't create hospitalizations that require ICU beds and ventilators, then it suddenly isn't such a big deal, at all.

My youngest son, some of you might have met him on the 2004 Opener against the Ravens - what a great day as Paul Zuk had tickets waiting for me and my family - Wife & Youngest son. The last game I attended.

Well he caught the Virus and he had it bad...they diagnosed him with pheumonia as he waited the results of the test which came up Positive and he had the disease. But they gave him a very strong Antibiotic for the pneumonia and almost immediately his Fever went away. Then he was told when his medication ran out if he went 3 days in succession without a fever, he was cured and would be allowed to get out of his self imposed Isolation.

He had to report to the Health Department. He was shocked that they didn't want him to come down and Get some of his blood considering his Antibodies could be used in transfusion.

All they cared about was the STATS. Smh, government ran programs just SUCK! It should be ran from more local and they should have collected his blood automatically.

Thank God he is a survivor! Feels so good now.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P

You know what they say about coulda, shoulda, woulda, right? wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I hope you know that I was joking around about the Brownie being evil. I don't like the brownie, but I wasn't being serious. Just having some fun.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It was more of a general comment. I've seen a lot of people post about how they don't like the elf. I'm just messing around to an extent myself. Well, except about the uniform thing. There were actually people posting they thought it may be some kind of motivation for the players. That part did crack me up.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. About the season, ( can I just caveat my position so it's clear, I might as well make it a signature, so everyone would know where my mind is.)
( There are 350 million people in America, if 75 million of them have to die of this virus, then I'm ok with that, and I expect everyone else needs to be too.) That's where I stand so given that, meaning, I'm not trying to shut down the world to save the insurance companies and stop patients waiting to be seen on lawns outside of hospitals and bodies stacked like cord wood. But as a people we have to be ok with it!

Now everyone knows where I stand, Here's my idea on the season,
1. Thank our wonderful Govenor for all he's done and set him out of office for a few minutes and let me be governor and I'd put forth these,
"written down signed statements" as
To re-open the economy that was shut down for the emergency: and this effects the season of football as sports are a part of it.

2. Re-open all sit down restaurants, bars, and non essential businesses that were open as of the latest date where things were shutdown,
One day before Mothers' day. ( Oh Yeah!, people need to have to wear face masks in sit down restaurants, but all the families can get together in restaurants, on Mothers' day.)

3. Re-open all movie theaters, trampoline parks, and whatever else was in that group, on Memorial day.

4. Return all schools to and thus sports, to in person status, (at least as far as the state ordering them to be shut down is concerned)
by August 1st

It would take away uncertainty.

And then if you Let people voluntarily do whatever they've been doing, and want to keep doing or not, then it would be possible.

This would allow for Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketaball, the Olympics, Whatever! College sports! to resume, and would "Save America" from the economic freefall.
:::::
eh: Yeah! and allow: 35-million people to die of the (1918 flu version 2020) IF! , cause that was my original impression of what to expect of this, going back to March 20-26th, BUT! it totally skewed to the low end by a Million; from March 31st-April 3rd. ( We don't have 2 million cases currently in the State of Ohio; symptomatic and needing a hospital?) We aren't still seeing exponentially doubling of cases every 24 hours-72 hours. :::::

But-

"Ah "screw" it let's take a look at that Cierra"

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
The Elf has been around much longer than the "dawg." We've won titles with the Elf. We've actually not won diddly poo since we've incorporated the "dawg" and it's logos and references.

We have moved, suffered and endured an 0-16 season with the Dawg.

If there is a curse on the Browns it lies with the Dawg not the Elf.

I say we render the Dawg dead and move forward with the Elf. But we know that will not happen.

I'm remembering "dawg" is part of your screen name. brownie

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
GC. About the season, ( can I just caveat my position so it's clear, I might as well make it a signature, so everyone would know where my mind is.)
( There are 350 million people in America, if 75 million of them have to die of this virus, then I'm ok with that, and I expect everyone else needs to be too.) That's where I stand so given that, meaning, I'm not trying to shut down the world to save the insurance companies and stop patients waiting to be seen on lawns outside of hospitals and bodies stacked like cord wood. But as a people we have to be ok with it!

1. Thank our wonderful Govenor for all he's done and set him out of office for a few minutes and let me be governor and I'd put forth these,
To re-open the economy that was shut down for the emergency: and this effects the season of football as sports are a part of it.

2. Re-open all sit down restaurants, bars, and non essential businesses that were open as of the latest date where things were shutdown,
One day before Mothers' day. ( Oh Yeah!, people need to have to wear face masks in sit down restaurants, but all the families can get together in restaurants, on Mothers' day.)

3. Re-open all movie theaters, trampoline parks, and whatever else was in that group, on Memorial day.

4. Return all schools to and thus sports, to in person status, (at least as far as the state ordering them to be shut down is concerned)
by August 1st

And then if you Let people voluntarily do whatever they've been doing, and want to keep doing or not, then it would be possible.

This would allow for Football, Baseball, Hockey, Basketaball, the Olympics, Whatever! College sports! to resume, and would "Save America" from the economic freefall.
eh: Yeah! and allow: 35-million people to die of the (1918 flu version 2020) IF! , cause that was my original impression of what to expect of this, going back to March 20-26th, BUT! it totally skewed to the low end by a Million; from March 31st-April 3rd. ( We don't have 2 million cases currently in the State of Ohio; symptomatic and needing a hospital?) We aren't still seeing exponentially doubling of cases every 24 hours-72 hours. :::::

But-

Besides the insanity of accepting 35-75 million deaths as being okay... which is deplorable insanity... how is it that you’re supposed to eat at a sit down restaurant AND wear a mask, as you propose?

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Wear the mask when you are not eating, seems pretty straight forward to me.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He's riffing. Let it go.... wink

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
35-75 million? There are 6 billion on earth and everybody dies, 100% minus 2, 3, it's not deplorable, I didn't say to execute em, it's a disease, it's not murder or even war. Gotta let life go on.

F
Legend
Legend
F
35-75 million? There are 6 billion on earth and everybody dies, 100% minus 2, 3, it's not deplorable, I didn't say to execute em, it's a disease, it's not murder or even war. Gotta let life go on.

thats twhere the confusion is then.

you said
"There are 350 million people in America, if 75 million of them have to die of this virus, then I'm ok with that"

Which insinuated you were fine with 75 million Americans dying, or about 20% of the population of the US.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Wear the mask when you are not eating, seems pretty straight forward to me.

You don’t understand how the science behind mask use works, do you?

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

by August 1st

But-

Besides the insanity of accepting 35-75 million deaths as being okay... which is deplorable insanity... how is it that you’re supposed to eat at a sit down restaurant AND wear a mask, as you propose?

Have them run your steak through the blender, and make sure you use a paper straw to eat it with. wink rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Thrilled for your family that your son is ok.

This is a time when anything that we can do to help each other ...helps.

A very close friend of mine is originally from Morocco. He worked as a country club food and beverage manager for 40 years. Many of the members are elderly. He is helping a good number of them by making grocery store runs to purchase what they need.

These are tough times and harder for those who are already isolated. This is a time to be a good Samaritan.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

You know what they say about coulda, shoulda, woulda, right? wink

SO WHAT DO THEY SAY???

The "Woulda Coulda Shoulda" I knew was a pretty good pacer at Northfield Park in the early 80's-ish.

rofl

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Coulda, shoulda, woulda didn't.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Coulda, shoulda, woulda didn't.

Isn't that a Shakespeare quote? rofl

[Linked Image]

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I can't imagine being "ok" with 75 million people dying.

Legend
Legend
well, you don't have to be because that number was never going to happen even in the worst case scenarios.

The absolute worst number I was ever able to calculate was 10 million, and that was based on 70% of the population getting infected and then 4% of the infected dying.... which is definitely over-the-top (and ignoring any attempt to factor for asymptomatic cases).

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
well, you don't have to be because that number was never going to happen even in the worst case scenarios.

The absolute worst number I was ever able to calculate was 10 million, and that was based on 70% of the population getting infected and then 4% of the infected dying.... which is definitely over-the-top (and ignoring any attempt to factor for asymptomatic cases).

I don't think 4% is worst case when you factor in hospital capacity. Didn't this (and an older population that is more seriously affected by infection) drive Italy to well over 5% rate of death?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Italy is closing in on 10%, actually, and yes that was definitely one of the major factors involved.

Edit: at today's numbers, Italy is at 12.7%

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 04/08/20 12:17 PM. Reason: did some math

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm not sure if the US would be that bad if we were to "throw open the gates" (so to speak) at this point, but I think it would be closer to that than 4%.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
4% was, at one point, what the global average had moved up to.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
Ah, gotcha.

-PrplPplEater
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
well good news here in Wyoming 230 people infected
recovered 94 that means only 130 people actually have it now

B
Legend
Legend
B
But, if you want sobering numbers, don't compare cases to deaths. Look at the numbers once a person is put in the hospital.

I am going round numbers here, but they are pretty close.

The death rate per infection is many 1.5%. Not all that high.

However, if your need to be hospitalized due to complications, the death rate is 17.5%

That's pretty friggen high. I suspect if you check Ohio's numbers, it is similar. Some states might get hit harder for one reason or another, but the percentages of deaths per hospitalization should remain fairly close no matter the total number of infections. Much of that is due to state populations and large concentrations of population.

If you are a sheep herder, living in your Basque wagon on some range in Featherville, Idaho, you probably aren't sweating.

I mention that place because my wife grew up there on a ranch her father owned. He raised sheep on the upper ranch in the Sawtooths range. 22,000 acres between the two ranches. Potatoes and cattle on the lower.

Sheep are cool. If wool prices fall you sell mutton and lamb. If wool is in demand, you shave them and take them in to the next season. And they just eat grass and weeds, that grow naturally without any extra effort.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Did you know there is NO vaccine for AIDS? Treatment is the key, and we'll be well on the way to that before football season. Hydroxychlorochline is proving effective, and I believe it will be accepted as an effective treatment for COVID-19...or something else.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I think that 17.5% is artificially high right now, due to certain areas being hit especially hard and bumping up against their capacity to treat.

Once time goes on, I think that number will drop as capacity issues ease.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I think that 17.5% is artificially high right now, due to certain areas being hit especially hard and bumping up against their capacity to treat.

Once time goes on, I think that number will drop as capacity issues ease.

It's all artificially high. Has been from the beginning.

I don't know if the NFL will be ready for Week 1, but restrictions are going to have to be loosened up, and pretty soon. It's not realistic to expect people to remain unemployed and on lock down through the summer and potentially in to the fall. Anyone who believes that is being naively myopic.

I live in a region that hasn't been too terribly effected by COVID-19 yet the Gov signed an additional executive order mandating a 20% of capacity limit in grocery stores AND mandating that the shopping aisles flow one way.

That's not enforceable from a practical standpoint and its not fair to place that burden on those employees.

Most everyone keeps nodding their heads in agreement to all sorts of restrictions yet no one is thinking about just how far they are willing to go to have those restrictions enforced.

Supposedly there's a chance of a 2nd wave, even if current mitigation levels are maintained. Either you use common sense and ease restrictions in areas that don't need them, then tighten them up if cases are seen OR continue down this path and have to deal with a 2nd wave amidst massive social unrest which there are already signs of.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum A Real Discussion - The Season

Link Copied to Clipboard