Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I really like what they've done so far and I hate myself for it.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
LOL...There was a reason Harrison was in free fall and now most of you are turning on our pick...Laughable.

Yep, there are no good Ohio State players in the NFL.

Btw genius, try researching the university w/the most draft picks w/in the first 3 rounds.

I'm supporting the pick by our front office for now, unlike you OSU homers.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Jesus.............Baltimore is killing it!

J
Legend
Legend
J
Oh please. What a crock. You are right, let it go.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Steelers looked like they got a good one in Highsmith,

gee, Ravens and Steelers look like they reloaded talent pretty well

Are the Browns going to overcome them in my lifetime. frown

He!! wondered why the internet took my screen, ... it's the word before talent ^ oh well.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay........I will let it go, but first, kiss my ass! You got Super on your side. What does that tell you?

You have freaking known me for years and you really think I was gay-bashing? Pffft. Converse w/geniuses like Super.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Way to go Adam Trautman.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
T
Legend
Legend
T
How many Buckeyes have the Browns drafted in the past 20 years? Oh well no worries,

it's all going so well anyway, being a Browns fan is like an embarrassment or riches. thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I just feel the Ravens will eat our lunch twice this season. ( if there us one )

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
I just feel the Ravens will eat our lunch twice this season. ( if there us one )

No chance.

P
Legend
Legend
P

Like they did last year and the year before ???

Last edited by PastorMarc; 04/25/20 12:04 AM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
J
Legend
Legend
J
Where did I say anything about gay bashing? You are so off base. Hilarious. Think a little more constructively about what you said. And you suddenly telling a “friend” to kiss your ass? What a buddy! Lmao.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think a lot more deeply than you give me credit for. If bashing me makes you feel better, go for it. But, you can still kiss my ass.

Legend
Legend
Speaking of demeaning someone ..... earlier, when the Browns drafted the kid out of Missouri ..... Tony Grossi tweeted something along the lines of "Thus ends the Browns run on SEC players ....." crazy rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
J
Legend
Legend
J
Yeah. I’m bashing you. Stay classy.

J
Legend
Legend
J

I know. As usual, I’m very concerned about them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tyre Phillips was my sleeper OL. Yeah, those games are going to be fierce in the trenches. Hopefully we can get negative plays because they'll be tough to stop in short yardage situations.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg

What? I didn't reply to your first. You trashed my comment. Stop playing innocent.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C

Do people forget we blew them out 1 game last year?

J
Legend
Legend
J

What? I didn't reply to your first. You trashed my comment. Stop playing innocent.

I commented on your post. I found it incredibly odd. If that is trashing, well, okay. You are the one telling people to kiss your ass. Trying to take the moral high ground at this point is a little iffy on your part.

Legend
Legend

Haven't you cried and moaned enough for one night???

Geeeeesh!!!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
J
Legend
Legend
J
Originally Posted By: cle23

Do people forget we blew them out 1 game last year?

Which team went to the playoffs?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I think we're going to get trounced by them unless we stop playing flashy football and just run ball control.. Wow they took Dobbins AND Malik Harrison, I mean really, come on. Do the Browns know about The Ohio State University? Sometimes it really makes you wonder...They don't like drafting from down the road.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Legend
Legend
T
Chappelles show, Chappelles show, when keeping it real goes wrong.

let's start the show. "better not tell your kids"

I Like the opening of that show. What does that have to do with the players drafted today, I have NO IDEA.
Glad it's over. Day 3!!

I can't watch Jimmy Kimmel from his home, it's too much

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Day 2 picks? I admit to being somewhat underwhelmed...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/c.

It’s been mentioned that we shouldn’t get too high on our picks without seeing them play, and that is good advice. Makes a lot of sense. But the same should apply to picks from other teams as well, no? Let’s see them play before we rate their drafts.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I hear you, but I think there is a difference between talking about players and saying things about a guy going to the HOF and being compared favorably to Joe Thomas.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I get what you're saying. To be honest, I slip past those posts because they are ridiculous.

Before the draft, the consensus on this board seemed to be "I hope the FO has a plan and they stick to it," and "as long as they stay true to their board." And then every move the FO makes in this draft is questioned.

Do we know their plan? Do we know their board? No. So how do we know they are not sticking to it? We have no evidence they are not. What posters do have is evidence that the FO might not be sticking to their (the poster's) plan or board.

Braun was there for the taking, but we traded down. Some will say that was analytics because analytics always says to trade down. That is not analytics. What the trade most likely meant is that the FO did not rate Braun high enough. Maybe he wasn't even the target at that spot. A lot of posters liked him, but the FO didn't poll us to check up on that.

Maybe the diluted sample meant something. To me, that was stupid. I don't care of the story was about chugging gallons of water to gain weight. You get through high school and college football, you know that much water will dilute your sample, and you know a diluted sample is an auto fail of the test. You dilute your sample so you can blame the failed test on too much water instead of what was going to actually fail your test.

This team had the option of Harrsion or the LSU LB and went with the LSU guy (forget the name, Phillips?). Obviously, that's who they wanted. Higher on their board, one would have to think. We might not agree with it, but one would think they were sticking to their board.

Apologies, getting cranky. Tired of all the crap I see on Facebook and it's carrying over. Family insists on connecting through FB or I would just stay off. I wish FB would let you ignore people instead of unfriending them.

Ok, apologies for the rant. I can start my day now.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Jester
Dantzler the Cb from Miss St would be good value but not sure we need more Cb's

Anybody kow much about Jacob Phillips? ILB LSU

We will fill up on special teamers on the 3rd day. I don't understand all this trading down for crap.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I hear you. I guess it is a matter of perspective because it seems to me that there are far more posts about what a great pick this was than there about how bad it was.

I am not a fan of either extreme. I prefer a more balanced approach and I admit that I get irritated by one-sided posting. I probably should not even read post-draft comments.

Legend
Legend
OK, so what do we still need to shop for?

I would think that we look for a CB, WR, and pass rusher. The right TE could take one of these spots.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well I need to be honest here .. I didn't like Berry as a talent evaluator the first time he was here .. I like our first pick in WILLS ! After that I didn't a BPA draft .. This is a very gooD draft class other than QB and shaky at TE.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think we will be looking for depth at WR, CB, and pass rush

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I hear you. I guess it is a matter of perspective because it seems to me that there are far more posts about what a great pick this was than there about how bad it was.

I am not a fan of either extreme. I prefer a more balanced approach and I admit that I get irritated by one-sided posting. I probably should not even read post-draft comments.

Why should the number of positive posts not equaling the number of negative (or neutral) posts matter? This isn't the war room or the scouting office in Berea so why does it matter what a bunch of fans with wide ranging amateur abilities in player assessment think?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Anyone notice how many new players we have come from winning programs? Coincidence or are they just talented? Probably both. We all have talked about how the losing culture here has to change. Dorsey started it and it seems to be continuing.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think so too .. top tier programs was probably a point

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Why should the number of positive posts not equaling the number of negative (or neutral) posts matter? This isn't the war room or the scouting office in Berea so why does it matter what a bunch of fans with wide ranging amateur abilities in player assessment think?

#thoughtpolice

I'd express my enthusiasm for the marginal picks but then I'd get #labeled.

Anyway, very happy with the Delpit pick. It was refreshing to to her my dude get his name called. Love it. Probably just my homerism shining through though...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I think we will be looking for depth at WR, CB, and pass rush

Could use more LB also

Legend
Legend
We are already ridiculously young at LB. I would guess that we will look for another veteran as rosters start to thin out eventually.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season 2020 NFL Draft Draft Thread - Day 2 - Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard