Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So the law of the land is that abortions are legal. Your premise seems to be that if she doesn't interfere in something that is legal, she can't be trusted and doesn't care about life.

She closed everything else why did she not close down Planned Parenthood.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
House Legislator seeks to limit Dr Amy Actins power:
https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/cont...my-actons-power

Would change Actins orders: to a recommendation to the Asembly to give an up or down vote:

Not too harsh of a check in power imo, give the democratic process some ability,
Not as much as the people to vote, but at least representatives a chance to vote instead of Top Down Tyrany by Dictate.

What a bunch of deplorable non-science sexist pigs.

Here's a sampling of the type that backed this bill. Embarrassing look for Ohio...

M
Legend
Legend
M

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
GOP State Rep. Nino Vitale on why he won’t wear a face mask: “This is the greatest nation on earth founded on Judeo-Christian Principles. One of those principles is that we are all created in the image and likeness of God. That image is seen the most by our face.”

It's a tough field with all of Trump's clangers ... but this might be the single dumbest thing I have heard since this all started. And he's an elected official. Wowzer.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Day of the Dawg

Would change Actins orders: to a recommendation to the Asembly to give an up or down vote:

Not too harsh of a check in power imo, give the democratic process some ability,
Not as much as the people to vote, but at least representatives a chance to vote instead of Top Down Tyrany by Dictate.

Good!!! She cannot be trusted. And, I do not want to hear she cares about life. She does not care about life. If she did Planned Parenthood would have been shutdown during this pandemic.
Day of the Dawg

Whoa, I did not post the part in yellow, make it clear. THROW LONG

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: mgh888
GOP State Rep. Nino Vitale on why he won’t wear a face mask: “This is the greatest nation on earth founded on Judeo-Christian Principles. One of those principles is that we are all created in the image and likeness of God. That image is seen the most by our face.”

It's a tough field with all of Trump's clangers ... but this might be the single dumbest thing I have heard since this all started. And he's an elected official. Wowzer.

Here's more dumb.

Legend
Legend
I tried providing you with cold hard data over the last week or so, along with ample evidence this wasn't engineered in a lab or escaped from a lab, but you keep pulling data that doesn't tell the whole story.

You're engaging in awful confirmation bias to support your idea that Switzerland had the right idea, and listening to alt-right nonsense boiled up in xenophobia.

As Clem asked Peen yesterday, I'll ask the same of you.

Take off your "I despise all liberal and progressive facts" glasses and please for your own sake and other consider the actual facts.

Are you responding to me??

Absolutely none of what you said there pertains to me.
I am not Alt-Right.
I do not despise facts; I embrace facts.

It's Sweden, not Switzerland, and they DO have the right idea and their numbers are showing it regardless of your ability or willingness to comprehend it... and I have no xenophobia no matter how much you love to throw around that word to try to belittle people with it.

lastly, NOBODY has shown ANY shred of evidence that it did not escape from a lab. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch.
People have put forth reasoned and educated opinion that backs up the unlikeliness of it having been engineered, but absolutely nothing to even support or suggest that it didn't come from a lab - e.g. wild virus escaped, not made in the lab. There is also absolutely nothing, one way or the other to discredit assertions that work was not being done in that lab - in fact, we have straight up knowledge that worek WAS being done - to enhance transimissibility to humans.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
As Milk put in another thread...

Evidence that states your belief is wrong.

But you do you. I know I'm only going to talk about factual information rather than lead people astray with questionable arguments.

Legend
Legend
So the law of the land is that abortions are legal. Your premise seems to be that if she doesn't interfere in something that is legal, she can't be trusted and doesn't care about life.

She closed everything else why did she not close down Planned Parenthood.

psstt bro Ohio did list abortions as a nonessential surgery. I judge overturned that, which is why abortions could still be done.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
j/c:

REVEALED: 66% of New York state coronavirus hospitalizations are people staying at HOME

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...E.html#comments

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
j/c:

REVEALED: 66% of New York state coronavirus hospitalizations are people staying at HOME

"I think there are a few possibilities to explain this: 1) these people are lying about staying home 2) they're staying home but their family members are going out and bringing the virus into the home 3) they're going out for groceries/necessities, etc, but are lax about masks/social distancing, washing hands."

Joe Thomas #73
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Originally Posted By: cle23

Good!!! She cannot be trusted. And, I do not want to hear she cares about life. She does not care about life. If she did Planned Parenthood would have been shutdown during this pandemic.

Just curious why you feel she can't be trusted? Because her suggestions don't line up with the "Open the Country" narrative?

She does not care about life! She kept Planned Parenthood open. You cannot care about life and destroy the most innocent among life.

I am personally against abortion, but it isn't illegal so how can you expect them to close? They provide healthcare services to many women, not just abortion.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Playing "Live and Let Die" while Trump visits a mask facility is terrible. I hope the person who did that is held accountable.

Legend
Legend
LOL Yes I have seen many of the folks who claim to stay home, out at the grocery stores or gas stations. People grabbing carts at walmart from the parking lots, standing in line with their hands, bellies, and other body parts leaning all over them while they stand in line 3 feet away from the person in front of them. Then 30 minutes later they grab a clorox wipe inside the store and give it a half ass wipe across the top of the buggy handle. They grab things off the shelf over and over to look at it then put it back on the shelf. They cough and sneeze without ever covering their mouth with anything. They grab all the shopping bags, load them in their car and never wash their hands. People wear masks, but they pull them off every 30 seconds by grabbing the front of the mask. They pull te masking down under their nose, or pull the mask down under their chin notallthere

I know people who have used up a full bottle of hand sanitizer in two weeks YET they didn't leave their own house WTF. People handle their mail every day and never wash their hands after they are done. They open packages that came in the mail again not bothering to wash their hands. The sit the boxes on their kitchen counters and coffee tables then don't sanitize the places where they threw them.

I swear there are so many people on this earth who shock me because they should have forgot how to breath by now, or how to eat or drink, because yes they are just that damn stupid.

They also pull up to the gas staion and grab that pump handle with a gusto. Never stopping to think how many others have had their grubby little paws all over the thing

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Joe Thomas #73
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
A Darwin Award front runner.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Supreme Court declines to lift Pennsylvania COVID-19 health order

The Supreme Court on Wednesday denied a request to halt an order Pennsylvania's governor entered in March to close businesses in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

The petitioners, a conservative political action committee and several businesses, told the justices that Gov. Tom Wolf's (D) executive order "has and is continuing to cause irreparable harm."

The court’s denial of the request, issued without comment, means fewer than five of the nine justices supported the petition.

The outcome was unsurprising given the Supreme Court’s long recognition of broad government authority amid public health crises. Previously, the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania also denied the petitioners' request.

Earlier this week, Pennsylvania's attorney general filed a 43-page response to the justices defending the legality of Wolf’s order and urging the high court not to intervene.

“Applicants seek to upend the status quo and force Pennsylvania to prematurely reopen all business locations, regardless of public health data and contrary to the phased reopening currently underway based on that data,” the state’s attorney general Josh Shapiro wrote.

“Such a premature precipitous action, according to experts, will cost lives,” he added.

In Pennsylvania, more than 3,300 have died and 54,800 have been sickened with the virus, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch...ia-health-order

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
This is from a couple weeks ago. The article talks about the large increase of people dying at home that many never sought care or got tested for covid. States that the actual death toll in NYC could be greater than reported.

Coronavirus Live Updates
THE CORONAVIRUS CRISIS
After Deaths At Home Spike In NYC, Officials Plan To Count Many As COVID-19
April 8, 20201:56 AM ET
GWYNNE HOGAN

FROM
WNYC Radio

New York City officials will begin to count suspected COVID-19 deaths in addition to cases confirmed by a laboratory, following a WNYC/Gothamist report revealing a staggering increase in the number of people dying at home but not included in the official tally because they hadn't been tested for the novel coronavirus.

In a statement, Stephanie Buhle, a spokeswoman for the New York City's Health Department, confirmed the change in protocol.

"The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (OCME) and the NYC Health Department are working together to include into their reports deaths that may be linked to COVID but not lab confirmed that occur at home," she said. She didn't say when the city would begin reporting suspected deaths along with the overall count.

The announcement comes as New York City, which has been hardest-hit by the virus, saw its largest single-day toll so far from the COVID-19 pandemic, with 727 dying in a 24-hour period.

However, even those numbers failed to include many instances when first responders encountered someone who had already died at home or in other non-hospital settings. That happened 280 times on Monday, according to data from the city's Fire Department.

While not all of those deaths are necessarily caused by COVID-19, it's a sharp increase over the average 25 home deaths per day the city was experiencing before the pandemic swept the five boroughs.

Over the last two weeks, the city's fire officials said more than 2,192 New York City residents died in their homes, compared to 453 during the same time period last year.

As of Tuesday afternoon, a total of 3,555 people was confirmed to have died from the virus in the five boroughs.

Mayor Bill de Blasio acknowledged on Tuesday that the vast majority of deaths taking place at home were likely also due to COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, meaning the death toll could be as much as 70% higher than currently reported figures.

"We do want to know the truth about every death at home, but it's safe to assume that the vast majority are coronavirus related," he said. "That makes it even more sober, the sense of how many people we are losing."

Originally Posted By: BADdog
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
j/c:

"I think there are a few possibilities to explain this: 1) these people are lying about staying home 2) they're staying home but their family members are going out and bringing the virus into the home 3) they're going out for groceries/necessities, etc, but are lax about masks/social distancing, washing hands."

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
CORONAVIRUS
Kemp Warns Of Growing Outbreak Stressing Northeast Georgia
ASSOCIATED PRESS • MAY 6, 2020
A member of the Georgia National Guard works to clean and disinfect hallways and common areas at Provident Village assisted living and memory care home Tuesday, May 5, 2020, in Smyrna, Ga. Despite having no cases among residents or staff the home welcomed the extra help from the guard. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)
A member of the Georgia National Guard works to clean and disinfect hallways and common areas at Provident Village assisted living and memory care home Tuesday, May 5, 2020, in Smyrna, Ga. Despite having no cases among residents or staff the home welcomed the extra help from the guard. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)
'Add to My List' icon Add to My List
Gov. Brian Kemp warned on Tuesday that a growing coronavirus outbreak is stressing resources in northeast Georgia.

Kemp has moved aggressively to allow businesses to reopen even though infections are on the rise in some areas of the state. He made his remarks about northeast Georgia while touring a temporary medical pod in the southwestern city of Albany, one of the state’s earliest and worst hot spots for COVID-19.

The state Department of Public health reports that nearly 30,000 Georgians have had coronavirus infections confirmed by a test. About 1,300 in the state of 10.6 million people have died.

Gainesville, a city about 50 miles northeast of Atlanta that is synonymous with Georgia’s large poultry industry, is quickly becoming one of the state’s most affected areas.

Per-capita infection rates in Gainesville’s Hall County and in nearby Habersham County are now in the top 10% of counties statewide, a list that otherwise remains mostly dominated by counties in south and southwest Georgia.

“They’re being stressed pretty hard up there at the moment,” Kemp said Tuesday while touring a temporary medical pod in southwest Georgia, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. The Republican governor said contract medical workers have been sent to the Gainesville area to help fight the outbreak. A temporary medical pod is planned there as well.

Dave Palmer, spokesman for a 13-county public health district based in Gainesville, said the district has been sending out messages in Spanish as well as English, hoping to reach the large Spanish-speaking population concentrated in Hall County. Palmer said the district has also been holding weekly conference calls with poultry processors, encouraging them to communicate with employees about signs of illness and how to prevent infection.

Georgia became a lightning rod for criticism in the national debate over reopening when Kemp moved to allow businesses such as tattoo parlors, bowling alleys and hair and nail salons to reopen with restrictions in late April. Restaurants and movie theaters have since been able to welcome customers back in on a limited basis, and a statewide shelter-at-home order has expired.

Kemp has repeatedly defended the push by saying it was backed by experts and data, including steadily growing numbers of tests being reported to the state.

“Our goal is to use every single test we’ve got every single day and … try to break the system,” Kemp told The Associated Press last week.

Although there have been one-day totals that were higher, the total number of tests reported each day in Georgia has averaged between 7,000 and 8,000 a day in the past week. That’s nearly double what the state was averaging when Kemp started his push to expand testing. The state has reached Public Health Commissioner Kathleen Toomey’s stated goal of getting to 200,000 total tests.

But efforts to expand testing are showing strain, with mobile testing sites paused this week because of problems with information flow and reporting results to those tested.

Dr. Philip Coule, chief medical officer of Augusta University Health, said on Tuesday that full mobile testing was unlikely to resume until Thursday. He said about 2,000 test results — about two days’ worth — are backlogged.

“We’re committed to maximizing testing for Georgians and we’re committed to making sure Georgians are getting their results in a timely manner,” Coule said.

The pause follows complaints about delays in people getting results. The state cobbled together additional lab capacity at universities that don’t usually perform medical testing for individual patients, and Coule said information flow has been a problem. He said test site workers are also being retrained to collect full information to allow matching of tests with individual identities. The call center at Augusta University sometimes has difficulty notifying people who may not answer their phone, Coule also said.

Toy Jackson, a flight attendant, told WSB-TV on Friday that she had been tested at a mobile site in Atlanta on April 24 and had gone a week without hearing back.

“And they guaranteed 72-hour results,” Jackson said.

There are other obstacles besides information flow. Coule said Augusta’s labs could run another 1,000 tests a day on existing machines, but can’t obtain the chemicals needed.

In another facet of Georgia’s effort, the National Guard continues to disinfect long-term care facilities.

Pat Mobley, executive director of the Provident Village assisted living and memory care home, proudly displayed a large envelope with results from last week’s 100% negative COVID-19 tests. But Mobley, a veteran of the MERS virus outbreak in New Jersey, said she “just couldn’t decline their help.”

As the team of young soldiers moved through the 5-year-old facility, their thick suits made an eerie crunching sound in quiet hallways. For an hour, they sprayed tables in a now unused dining room, and disinfected the activity rooms and hallway railings.

Legend
Legend
Governments have the moral imperative to save lives and save jobs. They have to do both.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The 66% of cases from unemployed or retired people at home already of cases in New York

is from a look at NEW CASES, this week. It is a characteristic of the new cases this week, not the total cases from the beginning of this.

Legend
Legend

The global and US big picture on Covid 19 does not look good.

Globally leaders and governments will lie. The logistics even if a vaccine is developed to inoculate 7.3 billion people in the world?

So many things stand in the way. People will rebel and re-infect. Imagining a good for all end game seems impossible.

In the end I think this virus will go through the population. If treatment becomes available and can lessen deaths that would be great.

Stopping it? I don't think so. We don't even know how it will mutate and come back during flu season.

In the US we lack the leadership. The political and financial pressure will beat back the science.

To mount a coehisive and unified approach based upon the best information available will not happen.

Because the message will be distorted by differing sources who diseminate the information.

It would require leadership that currently we do not have and even if that changes the divisions that exit may make it impossible to implement.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I heard very strong evidence today that the virus is from God because of republicans letting Trump of the hook for all his crimes! I think I'll go with this as my new facts since we live in a world that values money over lives.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/06/20 07:48 PM.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Don't platform them.

Remove the link.

They don't need to get signal boosted.

O
Legend
Legend
O
you're right.

V
Legend
Legend
V

What a bunch of deplorable non-science sexist pigs.

Here's a sampling of the type that backed this bill. Embarrassing look for Ohio...

Jesus!

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I am only replying to change the thread title back to the original rather than the dumb-ass title that Throw Long changed it to.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I am only replying to change the thread title back to the original rather than the dumb-ass title that Throw Long changed it to.

Must have me confused with someone else, check again.

Legend
Legend
I have been enjoying that title and had a good chuckle. thumbsup

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Go sow discord somewhere else.

E
Legend
Legend
E

Come on now. We all know this virus's purpose is to shut down bars.

No Craps Given
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
It's actually to pre-empt all your Soaps like 45 did when he committed treason against America.

They were studying your reaction, and they said "let's tick her off, again!"

E
Legend
Legend
E
It's actually to pre-empt all your Soaps like 45 did when he committed treason against America.

They were studying your reaction, and they said "let's tick her off, again!"

I think you are correct there.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
A meeting of the minds.

"The future's bright, my friends-"

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
I have been enjoying that title and had a good chuckle. thumbsup

Me too. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Governments have the moral imperative to save lives and save jobs. They have to do both.

If the economy was doing so great, everybody should be fine for a month or two without going to work to save lives. But guess what? The economy was only good for the wealthy, and now for their own survival they want to put others at risk and to get their slave labor back stat. Too bad so sad. Most of their slave labor is now bringing in more money than going back to work for their greedy employers.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
V
Legend
Legend
V

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

AP Exclusive: US shelves detailed guide to reopening country
By JASON DEAREN and MIKE STOBBE 23 minutes ago

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Trump administration has shelved a document created by the nation’s top disease investigators with step-by-step advice to local authorities on how and when to reopen restaurants and other public places during the still-raging coronavirus outbreak.

The 17-page report by a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention team, titled “Guidance for Implementing the Opening Up America Again Framework,” was researched and written to help faith leaders, business owners, educators and state and local officials as they begin to reopen.

It was supposed to be published last Friday, but agency scientists were told the guidance “would never see the light of day,” according to a CDC official. The official was not authorized to talk to reporters and spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

The AP obtained a copy from a second federal official who was not authorized to release it. The guidance was described in AP stories last week, prior to the White House decision to shelve it.

The Trump administration has been closely controlling the release of guidance and information during the pandemic spurred by a new coronavirus that scientists are still trying to understand, with the president himself leading freewheeling daily briefings until last week.

Traditionally, it’s been the CDC’s role to give the public and local officials guidance and science-based information during public health crises. During this one, however, the CDC has not had a regular, pandemic-related news briefing in nearly two months. CDC Director Dr. Robert Redfield has been a member of the White House coronavirus task force, but largely absent from public appearances.

The dearth of real-time, public information from the nation’s experts has struck many current and former government health officials as dangerous.

“CDC has always been the public health agency Americans turn to in a time of crisis,” said Dr. Howard Koh, a Harvard professor and former health official in the Obama administration during the H1N1 swine flu pandemic in 2009. “The standard in a crisis is to turn to them for the latest data and latest guidance and the latest press briefing. That has not occurred, and everyone sees that.”

The Trump administration has instead sought to put the onus on states to handle COVID-19 response. This approach to managing the pandemic has been reflected in President Donald Trump’s public statements, from the assertion that he isn’t responsible for the country’s lackluster early testing efforts, to his description last week of the federal government’s role as a “supplier of last resort” for states in need of testing aid.

A person close to the White House’s coronavirus task force said the CDC documents were never cleared by CDC leadership for public release. The person said that White House officials have refrained from offering detailed guidance for how specific sectors should reopen because the virus is affecting various parts of the country differently. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

The rejected reopening guidance was described by one of the federal officials as a touchstone document that was to be used as a blueprint for other groups inside the CDC who are creating the same type of instructional materials for other facilities.

The guidance contained detailed advice for making site-specific decisions related to reopening schools, restaurants, summer camps, churches, day care centers and other institutions. It had been widely shared within the CDC and included detailed “decision trees,” flow charts to be used by local officials to think through different scenarios. One page of the document can be found on the CDC website via search engines, but it did not appear to be linked to any other CDC pages.

Some of the report’s suggestions already appear on federal websites. But the guidance offered specific, tailored recommendations for reopening in one place.

For example, the report suggested restaurants and bars should install sneeze guards at cash registers and avoid having buffets, salad bars and drink stations. Similar tips appear on the CDC’s site and a Food and Drug Administration page.

But the shelved report also said that as restaurants start seating diners again, they should space tables at least 6 feet (1.8 meters) apart and try to use phone app technology to alert a patron when their table is ready to avoid touching and use of buzzers. That’s not on the CDC’s site now.

“You can say that restaurants can open and you need to follow social distancing guidelines. But restaurants want to know, ‘What does that look like?’ States would like more guidance,” said Dr. Marcus Plescia, chief medical officer of the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials.

The White House’s own “Opening Up America Again” guidelines released last month were more vague than the CDC’s unpublished report. They instructed state and local governments to reopen in accordance with federal and local “regulations and guidance” and to monitor employees for symptoms of COVID-19. The White House guidance also included advice developed earlier in the pandemic that remains important like social distancing and encouraging working from home.

At a briefing Wednesday, White House spokeswoman Kayleigh McEnany echoed the administration’s stance that state’s are most responsible for their own COVID-19 response: “We’ve consulted individually with states, but as I said, it’s (a) governor-led effort. It’s a state-led effort on ... which the federal government will consult. And we do so each and every day.”

The CDC is hearing daily from state and county health departments looking for scientifically valid information with which to make informed decisions.

Still, behind the scenes, CDC scientists like those who produced the guidance for “Opening Up America Again″ are working to get information to local governments. The agency still employs hundreds of the world’s most respected epidemiologists and doctors, who in times of crisis are looked to for their expertise, said former CDC director Tom Frieden. People have clicked on the CDC’s coronavirus website more than 1.2 billion times.

States that directly reach out to the CDC can tap guidance that’s been prepared but that the White House has not released.

“I don’t think that any state feels that the CDC is deficient. It’s just the process of getting stuff out,” Plescia said.

(The 17 page document can be read in the link)

https://apnews.com/7a00d5fba3249e573d2ead4bd323a4d4

Legend
Legend

Going to church is legal.. or at least it used to be.

yebat' Putin
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid Wars 2020 The Wrath of Stupidity

Link Copied to Clipboard