Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I agree with that part ... Hue would have been smart to wait til we closed off practices to the press because of the sideshow it would have created ... but there was no reason Bake should not have gotten some reps with the 1’s ... that part was dumb ...

I was talking about naming TT the starter for the year ... i always would rather have a rook sit a year ... to me thats the way to go ... i think Cinci made a mistake getting rid of dalton ... i think they should have let him start this year and let Joe sit a year ... thats just my preference ... either way can work as long as u don’t ruin him ... Rosen may very well stink but he has not had a chance yet ... he’s played behind brutal OL’s w/o much talent around him ...

I don't disagree. Let Dalton start a few games, then ease Burrow in....kind of like Bernie and Gary Danielson.

Dalton is with the Cowboys

Yes, I know. I was making a reply to Vers saying Cincy should have kept him. It isn't that hard, is it? Read the quote, then the context of the reply isn't that hard to understand.

So now who looks like the simpleton?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Huh?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Huh?

What do you mean?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
My bad....I quoted a comment by Diam...

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm telling you guys this now.............if Baker plays well this year, the Browns will be a playoff team.

Even if Baker plays well, I still don't like the defense. We are a Garrett injury away from being the 32nd ranked D.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I'm telling you guys this now.............if Baker plays well this year, the Browns will be a playoff team.

Even if Baker plays well, I still don't like the defense. We are a Garrett injury away from being the 32nd ranked D.

I don't know if we are that low, but no doubt the D is the red headed stepchild at this point.

I get this year. We were a O-lineman or two away from finishing the O, so we did that in FA and the draft. The new coach wanted some tight ends, so we did that. We have the receivers and backs, and probably a QB who is at least good enough.

On D, the line might be good enough. We added a FA tackle and drafted a slasher type tackle. Linebacker is the big question mark. The backfield is young. We will see. Hopefully Hospital Ward stays healthy, Greedy make a 2nd year jump, and Delpit shows some rookie flash and not a lot of rookie flush.
The positive with rookie safeties is it is usually a fairly easy transition compared to other positions. Delpit may not be ready to make the backfield calls, but somebody else can do that this year. I forget who the other safety is at this moment.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
btw to add on your $.02 wink TEs are a young QBs safety blanket...said by many about young QBs and Baker did well with Njoku but lost him early in year 2 and there wasn't much after that as we had no back up....late in the year the best was a rookie UDFA from Princeton??? Why one of our first big moves in FA went after the best available....great move btw by Berry!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
E
Legend
Legend
E
Baker sinks under adverse conditions.

So 2018 was a figment of my imagination I guess.
Just the best rookie production EVER (in the air). An amazing 20TD and -0- Int production in the redzone if I recollect correctly....OH sorry it was just a dream and those things just never happened. You guys amaze me...smh

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend

No offense but I don't see it that way.

The DL has added guys that should really help keeping all of them fresh. Clayborn is one of the highest ranked DL men on applying pressure. Richardson is a solid player. Larry O is still growing.

Vernon when healthy is a solid player.

There are good number of guys in the defensive backfield that are early draft picks and well ranked.

The linebackers are a concern but some of there inexperience can be scheme covered.

Are they they a top ten defense? No.

32nd ? No. Garrett is on the team. So I don't think the speculation is relevant.

They will most likely end up in the middle of the pack when it is all over.

And I honestly believe there will be players still added.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of shootouts. We potentially could have one of the most potent offenses in the NFL this season.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of shootouts. We potentially could have one of the most potent offenses in the NFL this season.

See - this is where so many of the last 2 decades cautions me - while I might believe we have a solid opportunity to be good, even go to the playoffs if key players stay healthy and things go as planned. There are too many variables and changes and new organizational factors to have confidence in a statement like that !! smile I feel positive - I am just not ready to say we are going to be that good until I see some games on Sundays.

Add to that - I think KS will be a better game manager than Freddie ever was, even with some explosive plays being made, I think the Offense will still have it's foundation in the run game and the short/medium play action passing game ... that will set up the 'big' plays to TE's on seam routes for 20-30 yards, or to isolate OBJ and Landry on deep balls one on one with a DB.

I think the D will be okay ... I am concerned by the LB core and the lack of proven talent. Wilson showed flashes but we are relying on him taking a big step forward. Tiki didn't show much at all. It's more probable the other additions will be average or below average than it is that they will be 'good' ... but the rest of the D is really set up nicely. I like the young CB tandem - I love Delphit and I like the safety additions. I don't think we are an injury to Garret away from a last placed D. . . . But I don't think we need a top 5 D to win games either. I believe the way the team is built a good O and a middle of the pack D will win enough games.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg
I agree with that part ... Hue would have been smart to wait til we closed off practices to the press because of the sideshow it would have created ... but there was no reason Bake should not have gotten some reps with the 1’s ... that part was dumb ...

I was talking about naming TT the starter for the year ... i always would rather have a rook sit a year ... to me thats the way to go ... i think Cinci made a mistake getting rid of dalton ... i think they should have let him start this year and let Joe sit a year ... thats just my preference ... either way can work as long as u don’t ruin him ... Rosen may very well stink but he has not had a chance yet ... he’s played behind brutal OL’s w/o much talent around him ...

I don't disagree. Let Dalton start a few games, then ease Burrow in....kind of like Bernie and Gary Danielson.

Dalton is with the Cowboys

Yes, I know. I was making a reply to Vers saying Cincy should have kept him. It isn't that hard, is it? Read the quote, then the context of the reply isn't that hard to understand.

So now who looks like the simpleton?

You took a simple comment way too personally.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

If we run the ball as much as I think we will, we can eat up a lot of clock and help keep our defense off the field. I don't think we will want to get involved in a lot of shootouts.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

If we run the ball as much as I think we will, we can eat up a lot of clock and help keep our defense off the field. I don't think we will want to get involved in a lot of shootouts.

I think we are going to run the ball less than some people think we are.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Maybe ... even run heavy teams still pass a lot. But I am still expecting us to be in the top 5-6 teams for total rush attempts come the end of the season.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I too think we will be in the top 5 for rushing yardage. Maybe not attempts. I really have no preconceived notions one way or the other.

If I had to guess I would expect it to be very balanced. My reason for that belief is very simple. Many claim and we all hope that Stefanski is a smart guy and he will use the talent on this team to its best potential.

As such, we have two great WR's and invested in a very good pass catching TE. Whether one considers Njoku a very good TE or not, he certainly is capable of being a threat as a pass catcher.

IMO this gives Stefanski a much better talent level in catching the football here than he had in Minnesota. And while people point out that the upgrades on the OL gives us a better run game, it also presents us with better pass protection.

Given those things it seems obvious to me that with such talent at both the run game and passing game Stefanski will use the talent level at both of those options pretty equally. While the vision of a strong running game seems to light up the imagination of many fans, I certainly feel we will have that. As such, I think that will serve us well.

But to think the passing game is not at least as talented, if not more so, I don't feel is giving Stefanski credit for using the talent at his disposal properly.

I believe that what I saw in Minnesota was a team making the most of their talent. Not a team that was depending on a run heavy offense due to a prerequisite.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
On paper it looks good. I think we have a coach who can make it happen

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Lets hope we get a full 16 game season so we can find out thumbsup

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I agree with that. Stefanski seems able to get solid games out of his players. I also believe he can get it done here and TE will be vital to us.

I am not trying to be a homer for the man as a pre season automatic response. But I am also trying very hard not to dumb him down or steal any props by running him through a Freddy filter comparison, as in Stefanski's team is Freddy and his issues.

New day. Winning cures quite a lot of things. Hope we have the proof in our huddle. fingerscrossed fingerscrossed

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
V
Legend
Legend
V
Does anyone know Stefanski's record as a HC?

I think it is 0 and 0.

I will not make any predictions. Instead, I will wait and see how he does before evaluating how good or bad he is. That's the same thing I did w/Freddie last year.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Does anyone know Stefanski's record as a HC?

I think it is 0 and 0.

I will not make any predictions. Instead, I will wait and see how he does before evaluating how good or bad he is. That's the same thing I did w/Freddie last year.

I don't think anybody is saying that. When somebody says think, it implies a question. I also think it might not work, I just choose to not say it that way.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
You can say what you want. I'm fine w/that. I wasn't criticizing you. I was just expressing my personal opinion. I have problems w/evaluating a HC who has zero HC experience on any level. Being a HC is a totally different animal than being a coordinator or position coach. That is not an indictment. It just means that I have no idea if he will be good or not.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T

Dianna Russini
✔
@diannaESPN
as a Head Coach in the AFC North said to me yesterday “Stefanski had great success with Kirk Cousins...Baker Mayfield is way more talented. This could be really good fit for Cleveland”

8:25 AM - May 28, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg

Dianna Russini
✔
@diannaESPN
as a Head Coach in the AFC North said to me yesterday “Stefanski had great success with Kirk Cousins...Baker Mayfield is way more talented. This could be really good fit for Cleveland”

8:25 AM - May 28, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Things like this lead me to thinking of the NFL as sort of a large scale episode of Iron Chef.

You have the existing Iron Chefs that have a system and are comfortable in it because they've been doing it for a while.

Then, you have Cleveland who is perennially picking a different upstart to come in and try his hand with whatever ingredients we have left in the cupboards.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I’m just trying to figure out which AFC north coach would have the background to make such a bold comparison.

O
Legend
Legend
O
KS

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
I’m just trying to figure out which AFC north coach would have the background to make such a bold comparison.

Sounds like Harbaugh to me, although Tomlin and Stefanski were both on the 2006 Vikings staff so it may have been him trying to talk up a former colleague.

E
Legend
Legend
E

We are not the KC Chiefs - on O and on D. It think our D can produce more 3 n outs or 2nd series stop the O's. And as mentioned we are going to run the crap out of the ball! No time for a Shoot out...only if we get behind several TDs will that happen wink

jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

M
Legend
Legend
M

Where is his mask, tho?!

#StillFat

Tackles are tackles.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Last off-season I remember videos like this of Baker working out in his backyard with his brother in law. I remember thinking, "That's less than ideal."

I would much rather have him working out in a professional gym with trainers.

Also, put some shoes on please.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Can we really know how much this offense misses what's his name, man I miss what's his name from 2 years ago.

Even with Higgins, Landry and Odell, the offense isn't going to win games with a subpar performance from the defense that day,

Like it with unproven linebackers or not, this Browns team is going to need the defense to play above average on gamedays to get wins.

What's his name, that WR nobody liked yet he played well, and went to or came from the Ravens. The Browns really miss his production.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Can we really know how much this offense misses what's his name, man I miss what's his name from 2 years ago.

Even with Higgins, Landry and Odell, the offense isn't going to win games with a subpar performance from the defense that day,

Like it with unproven linebackers or not, this Browns team is going to need the defense to play above average on gamedays to get wins.

What's his name, that WR nobody liked yet he played well, and went to or came from the Ravens. The Browns really miss his production.

Perriman?

1st String
1st String
Well at least they are out doing something instead of being inside of their homes with video and technology. Doing things outside.

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Last off-season I remember videos like this of Baker working out in his backyard with his brother in law. I remember thinking, "That's less than ideal."

It seems that some of our "anti-Baker" fans will find "anything" to complain about...

Hopefully their bias will be noted and pointed out if we are to take some posts seriously...jmho..mac

Last edited by mac; 06/15/20 06:32 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it is deliberate.
The movement he is doing is going to stretch the Achilles. Removing the shoes also removes any lift in the heel. Not only will he have a more solid base in contact with the floor, but he can now get a more acute range of motion from the ankle without having to move the knee as far forward.

Browns is the Browns

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
No, thank you.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mac

It seems that some of our "anti-Baker" fans will find "anything" to complain about...

Hopefully their bias will be noted and pointed out if we are to take some posts seriously...jmho..mac

You can add me as an "anti-Baker" fan.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
No, thank you.

A thousand times 'no'

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

every year a QB gets injured. Newton would be smart and wait to sign with the team who has the injured QB and become the new starter.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns receivers meeting with Baker Mayfield in Austin

Link Copied to Clipboard