Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1632983 06/16/19 07:50 AM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Happy Father's Day to all the dads on this board. Hope you enjoy your day.

I am a dad and I had a great dad that succumbed to cancer a long time ago.

I want to take this opportunity to give thanks to having such a great dad. He taught me right from wrong. He instilled sound moral character w/in me. I learned about ethics because he was such an honest man. He demonstrated the importance of being industrious and displayed perseverance through some tough times. He taught me the importance of being honest.

I also want to thank my children on Father's Day. I don't know if I am a good dad or not, but I was blessed to be given two high-quality children that have great morals and character. They are both intelligent and are good citizens in their community. They are very loving w/my wife and I. They spend a ton of time w/us and even bring their friends over to hang out. We're a tight knit group and I am very thankful for that.

In closing, I want to say thank you to my late-great father and my two wonderful children. I am a better man due to the goodness of the three of you!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Happy Father’s Day! And shout out to all the deadbeats!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Happy dad’s day to all you that got duped into having kids. wink

This is the first Father’s Day I’ve experienced without the man that raised me being around for me to call. Happy (step)Father’s Day old man. Rest In Peace. Know you’re missed.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
My first father's day without my son....he's in France in a study abroad program. I did get the next best thing, my future daughter in law took me out to dinner last night. Happy Father's day to all the dads out there.

I also want to double up on Swish's shout out to all the deadbeat dads. thumbsup

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.

I lost my dad last Sept 24th. I consider it a real blessing to have re-established a relationship with him before he passed.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: jfanent
My first father's day without my son....he's in France in a study abroad program. I did get the next best thing, my future daughter in law took me out to dinner last night. Happy Father's day to all the dads out there.

I also want to double up on Swish's shout out to all the deadbeat dads. thumbsup

You got me nervous there man! I am glad your boy is in France after that! My daughter and son living away sent cards and called, my son living in town is joining us for brunch and market time in a hour or so.

I still think of my Dad. He was born in 1925. I was born in 48 after his return from the Pacific war. He passed in 95. I love you Dad, even if you were cheap and didn't like spending $9 for Browns tickets…..inside joke there....Dad made a lot of money, but he came from not much, so I get it now.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Whoa, I didn't realize how that could be taken! Sorry. Too late to edit it now. Happy Father's day.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
The quintessential dad. (in my mind)

And a close second.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Happy Fathers Day to All of You Here on Dawgtalkers ... God Bless smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks, Vera. Happy Father’s Day to you and all dads out there.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Had a great day w/my kids and a few of their friends. My wife was on call and not here, but such is life. We did a lot of drinking, swimming, and ate some great steaks and sides.

Thanks to my children for being there w/me. I love them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My kids were gone for most of the day. Thanks guys.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I thought I would revive this thread from last year. Unfortunately, I won't be able to spend this Father's Day w/none of the three, but I love you all and you are in my heart and soul.

Legend
Legend
Happy Father's day to all you dads out there, and it's well deserved. Over the many years on Dawgtalkers, I've seen some great examples of fathering. Even the people I disagree with most here are great parents.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Father's day is a big deal to me. Way more than a birthday. You don't work for birthdays.

Once you are a father it is a lifetime job.

On this day I reflect on how fortunate I have been. First I was born to caring, supportive, and loving parents.

That is a huge edge in life. Even as a child I recognized the wisdom and patience of my father. I was the first boy and my father guided my life.

Then I think back on becoming a father. The first day I held my daughter; I knew then and there that I would sacrifice my life for that little girl. You go from a selfish being to a unselfish one.

All the joys of being a dad is impossible to explain to one who has not had that experience.

Nothing I have done in life has held a candle to being a father. It is the job that I have put all I have into.

My daughter and son have become all I ever wanted them to be. And I am thankful for that.

I have been again fortunate that I am also a grandfather. Not a remote grandfather. I have been with my two grandsons since they took their first breaths. And since that time I have lived with them. So it very much like being a dad in two generations to four children.

Happy Father's Day to all of you out there!!!

Legend
Legend
That is funny Clem.

A neighbor left his paint can and brush in his front yard when I was young and my brother painted the guy's car with it. He was about the age of that girl. And he was real proud of his paint job.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Happy Father's Day indeed! Hope that all of us father's have a truly wonderful special day...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!! Old, new, and in between!!

And the BBQ game better be popping today!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

Sadly, my wife's lady friends from church are bringing us a homecooked meal today as a nice gesture since she was in the hospital. Sweet ladies you don't say no too. I was so looking forward to smoking some ribs today. frown

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Free food is even better!

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
There are going to be storms in our area most of the day so the smoker will stay put away. But my daughter makes something I just love!

We call them home mad pizza rolls. It's all the ingredients of a pizza in an egg roll wrapper. I'm not a big crust kind of person so I love those damned things! They're kind of a pain in the butt to make and take quite a bit of time so I only ask for then on special occasions. With all the grandkids everyone likes different ingredients in theirs so that sort of complicates it for her.

The season premiere of Yellowstone starts tonight and the premiere of the new HBO series Perry Mason as well. Hey, I'm a pretty simple guy, what can I say.

Happy Fathers Day to all of you other dads out there in Dawgtalker Land!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Swish

It is.

I was born up north in Toledo. Mama was from Alabama.

I have lived in the South for maybe 50 years now.

BBQ isn't about some sauce you pour over poorly cooked meat. It's like sex. It's about how you rub it out and smoke it.

Just saying

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Dear Men Of Dawgtalkers:

Please do enjoy your day!

Lurve,
Eve

No Craps Given
S
Legend
Legend
S
happy father's day to all the dads

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let's see who wins today.

I got 6.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
Happy Father’s Day ... we have a bunch of good dads on here!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I feel the same way. Happy Fathers Day to all!!!!

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 06/21/20 05:16 PM.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
And here's a shout out to the all the single
Mom's out there who are also a dad.
Because the father of the children or child
Rather be bed hopping or running the streets
Being a coach in 2 sports I've seen way too many
Single mom upbringings with players

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Happy Father's Day to all!

Had a wonderful day with the family. Jet skiing on Lake Erie early and followed by a late lunch at Collision Bend Brewery on the East Bank of the Flats.

They take your temp before allowing you to be seated.

https://www.collisionbendbrewery.com/our-food-menu/

Legend
Legend
Happy Fathers Day dads.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Father's Day 2020. Outdoor event planned. 16 people total. Swimming, shooting clay pigeons, cornhole, and grilling.

Weather didn't cooperate as we'd hoped, but still, some of the kids went swimming.

No clay pigeon shooting.

Cornhole happened.

And the dreaded words: Let's take a picture.

It went exactly as I knew it would.

Click. Arch, smile. Click. Arch, don't smile like that. Click. Arch, every tooth in your mouth is visible, don't smile like that. Click. Why do you look so mean? Try again. Click. Arch, what is your problem? Smile exactly like you are right now, but do it for the camera. Click. Try it again, Arch screwed up another one. Click.

Me: Hey, just edit me out of the pictures and add a smiley face where I am. Click. "Well, this one will work."

J
Legend
Legend
J
Happy Father’s Day to all the great fathers here!

It’s the first Father’s Day for me without my Dad. He died at the end of February. His birthday is later this week. I’m struggling with all of it. I miss him. I want to talk to him about everything that has happened since he left. Such a wise and compassionate man. His timing was probably just right though, as always.

Legend
Legend
Sorry to hear about your dad Jules.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Sorry to hear about your dad. I have no words of wisdom that haven't been said, I'm sure.

Legend
Legend
I lost my dad in Sept 2018.

For the longest time I could never imagine myself ever mourning him, or missing him, but the Lord was kind enough to bring him back into our lives after 35 or so years of him being gone. I am thankful that we were able to re-establish a relationship after all those years. It wasn't easy, but it was definitely a blessing.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
Happy Father’s Day to all the great fathers here!

It’s the first Father’s Day for me without my Dad. He died at the end of February. His birthday is later this week. I’m struggling with all of it. I miss him. I want to talk to him about everything that has happened since he left. Such a wise and compassionate man. His timing was probably just right though, as always.

Sorry to hear that, Julie. :Very sad.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Sorry to hear about your dad. I have no words of wisdom that haven't been said, I'm sure.

I'm sure that we all echo that sentiment, Jules...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. Mine has been gone for over 20 years now and I still miss him so very much to this very day.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Happy Father's Day!

Link Copied to Clipboard