Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/...orthams-racism/

Nolte: Jerry Falwell Jr. Accused of Racism for Mocking Ralph Northam’s Racism

Pop the popcorn, y’all, because the world’s going stark-raving mad.

So here’s what happened…

As you all know, back in his medical schoolsdays, Northam’s yearbook photos included a photo of the future far-left governor either wearing blackface or a Ku Klux Klan robe and hood. Nothing about the photo was good-natured or satiric. It was an act of virulent racism, and just the beginning of a blackface scandal that would expose all kinds of Democrats and left-wing celebrities blackface fans.

Flash-forward to May of this year…

In response to the coronavirus, Northam orders everyone in his state to wear a mask in public. Falwell, the president of Virginia’s Liberty University, fires back at the governor by reminding him of his racist past.

“I was adamantly opposed to the mandate from @GovernorVA requiring citizens to wear face masks until I decided to design my own. If I am ordered to wear a mask, I will reluctantly comply, but only if this picture of Governor Blackface himself is on it!” Falwell tweeted on May 27.

Included in the tweet was the racist photo from Northam’s yearbook.

And guess who caught all the hell over it?

Yep, Falwell.

Falwell’s in trouble for mocking a racist’s racism.

For mocking a racist’s racism, the far-left Associated Press reported in early June “Nearly three dozen black alumni of Liberty University denounced school President Jerry Falwell Jr. on Monday, suggesting he step down after he mocked Virginia’s mask-wearing requirement by invoking the blackface scandal that engulfed the state’s governor last year.”

Falwell ended up backing down. He deleted the tweet and apologized…

“After listening to African American LU leaders and alumni over the past week and hearing their concerns, I understand that by tweeting an image to remind all of the governor’s racist past I actually refreshed the trauma that image had caused and offended some by using the image to make a political point,” he tweeted Monday.

“Refreshed the trauma.”

What a farce.

Where are the complaints about refreshing the trauma when the news media replays the George Floyd video over and over again, or selectively edits the video to make it look like President Trump calling Nazis “very fine people?”

Come on. No one’s upset at Falwell for refreshing the trauma, they’re upset at Falwell for supporting Trump and for reminding the world a Democrat governor — who has not been forced to step down — was or is a virulent racist.

And if you want to know how dishonestly the corporate media are covering this, get a load of this Associated Press headline: “Falwell apologizes for tweet that included racist photo.”

The lunacy, of course, has not stopped there. For the sin of being a Trump supporter who reminded the world of a Democrat governor’s racist past, the Hill reports “Four Black staff members have left the school so far and the same number of Black athletes have announced their intentions to do the same after Falwell’s tweet[.]”

Falwell and Liberty are facing more actual fallout over a tweet mocking a racist’s racism than the racist himself dealt with.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pence could have saved lives today by encouraging everyone to wear masks and face coverings. He couldnt say those words to save lives. Thats how screwed up trump has made things.

Joe Thomas #73
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Falwell rofl

How to fall upwards by grifting 101.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I read that and I don't see him mocking racism. I see him using racism to mock wearing a mask. Huge difference. JMO

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Falwell rofl

Falwell might be a grifter but that is better than Northam and his klan suit or black face don’t you think?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Mike Pence is the poster boy for the typical spineless politician.

He makes me cringe. *** licking POS.

I mean his tongue is the polish rag for trump's boots.

I have no idea how that guy can look in the mirror. Here is the guy appointed to head the virus task force. He has a press conference today and says everything is hunky dory.

And he does it with a straight face as the reports show an entirely different story.

I would hate to see the skeletons in his closet. He is a very creepy person.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester
I read that and I don't see him mocking racism. I see him using racism to mock wearing a mask. Huge difference. JMO

He wasn't mocking racism. He was mocking the racist governor of VA. I guess everyone is OK with gov Klansman as long as he's a democrat, huh?

V
Legend
Legend
V
What does Pence have to do w/this topic?

Legend
Legend

The topic. "This is how stupid things have gotten lately."

As stated. He holds a press conference as head of the virus task force.

He tells how the country is opening and how great things are. He goes through a list of things people should do like; social distancing, washing hands. He doesn't mention wearing a mask. Because why?

All the people on the task force are wearing masks Dr. Fauci, and all the rest. Yet he does not mention wearing a mask as a prevention?

Asked about holding a rally in Arizona. A state reporting substantial increases in cases. And not enforcing federal guidelines. He sites freedom of assembly and speech.

Mike Pence. That is how stupid things have gotten lately.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Seriously if we want a single snapshot of "how stupid things have gotten", we only need one example....

At a time when our positive screenings hit an all time high - 40,000 cases in a single day - Trump has cut testing !! Says he wants to slow testing down. willynilly What's the one thing we have a lack of regarding CV-19 ? Accurate data. LOL

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm sorry, but you guys are hijacking this thread due to your own biases. This thread is not about Pence. It's about Falwell and the other dude.

I don't like Trump or Pence either, but I think it is best to stick to the topic.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
What does Pence have to do w/this topic?

This is how stupid things have gotten lately.

He is a stupid thing

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I'm sorry, but you guys are hijacking this thread due to your own biases. This thread is not about Pence. It's about Falwell and the other dude.

I don't like Trump or Pence either, but I think it is best to stick to the topic.

It's about how Ralph Northam, the current gov of Virginia, was given a pass for appearing in a klan hood in his yearbook, while someone that calls him out on it gets slammed by the media.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Now about the other idiot.

So he recanted his idiocy from earlier. If people want to vote for him, okay. That's their choice.

We need to deplatform any form of racism. If he's trying to show the person is a racist, I get it, yet deplatform racist actions.

Don't signal boost racist acts even if the person has apologized for them in the past. It's not that hard.

For as much as you claim the left goes to outrage town, you sure do it too.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I know what it is about, Eric. I don't like Falwell, but it bothers me when people hijack threads.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Now about the other idiot.

So he recanted his idiocy from earlier. If people want to vote for him, okay. That's their choice.

We need to deplatform any form of racism. If he's trying to show the person is a racist, I get it, yet deplatform racist actions.

Don't signal boost racist acts even if the person has apologized for them in the past. It's not that hard.

For as much as you claim the left goes to outrage town, you sure do it too.

Only because the democrat favoring media gave this guy a pass. They wouldn't do that for a republican. Even the democrat black caucus gave the klan gov a pass.

The main reason I don't like the demo is that they the party of hypocrisy. They write a healthcare bill to force everyone to buy health insurance, but exempt themselves. They claim to be the party of blacks, but viciously attack any black that is not a member. Democrats erected all the confederate statues that are now being targeted for destruction, so they can erase their own history. Democrats claim their racists switched to the Republican after the civil rights act, but only two are known to have switched, and the ignore the fact that it took 20 years (5 presidential elections) for the Republicans to sweep the south in Reagan's 2nd election. They support planned parenthood, who abort more black babies than are born every year. The Margaret sanger award is given every year to a democrat like hitlery or Pelosi (both past winners), but they forget sanger said, “The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to get out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
Falwell rofl

Falwell might be a grifter but that is better than Northam and his klan suit or black face don’t you think?

NOPE. They both suck. At least Northam is trying to make up for his mistakes.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I know what it is about, Eric. I don't like Falwell, but it bothers me when people hijack threads.

I don't care for Falwell either. I just don't like the hypocrisy of this issue.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Falwell rofl

I'd really like to see an example of that.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

He wasn't mocking racism. He was mocking the racist governor of VA. I guess everyone is OK with gov Klansman as long as he's a democrat, huh?

Yet you’re all good with president klansmen in the WH. rofl

Wear a mask and shut up already Falwell

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Just because a disgruntled liberal says it, doesn't make it true. There are pictures of northam in whitesheet. There are none of Trump.

Legend
Legend
Leave it to Brietbart to put a spin on it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O
Falwell rofl

Well here he is trying to help tenants and landlords yesterday:

Gov. Northam announces Rent and Mortgage Relief Program

https://www.whsv.com/2020/06/25/gov-nort...-from-covid-19/

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Falwell rofl

Well here he is trying to help tenants and landlords yesterday:

Gov. Northam announces Rent and Mortgage Relief Program

https://www.whsv.com/2020/06/25/gov-nort...-from-covid-19/

Interesting. I can't find anywhere in that entire article where it says he's trying to make amends for his past racist activities. He's only put a moratorium on evictions due to his shutdown of the state.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You struggle with the basics. His actions as governor have been admirable at times. This is one of those. He can't undo his past but he can change his legacy, seems like he's trying to me.

Legend
Legend

Just because a disgruntled liberal says it, doesn't make it true. There are pictures of northam in whitesheet. There are none of Trump.

Disgruntled rofl That’s what an employer calls his best worker that just quit.

Clearing out a peaceful protest by firing tear gas and beating off US citizens who are saying black lives matter then holding up a bible in front of a church for a photo op on national TV for all the world to see is more than enough proof. Not to mention his comment “ There are good people on both sides” speaking about white supremacy groups and those protesting them from being in their town. One being run down and killed by a car with a racist at the wheel.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P

So let me get this straight. On a thread titled "Black and White" which is discussing police brutality, you felt it was fine to expand the thread to other areas because the thread title wasn't "police brutality".

Now that a thread is titled "How stupid things have gotten" people should stick to the original post and not expand the topic to other things that have "gotten stupid"?

Do I have that right?

It seems you're very subjective about who is high jacking threads and who isn't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
You struggle with the basics. His actions as governor have been admirable at times. This is one of those. He can't undo his past but he can change his legacy, seems like he's trying to me.

I live in VA. His actions have been to raise taxes, approve and advocate after birth abortions (he's an abortion doc. Can you say conflict of interest?), and remove the democrat legacy by removing statues, and give felons the right to vote. Other than mandating masks then getting unmasked photo ops on the VA beach boardwalk, he really hasn't done much "for the people.

O
Legend
Legend
O
You just don't like his politics.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Disgruntled rofl That’s what an employer calls his best worker that just quit.

Clearing out a peaceful protest by firing tear gas and beating off US citizens who are saying black lives matter then holding up a bible in front of a church for a photo op on national TV for all the world to see is more than enough proof. Not to mention his comment “ There are good people on both sides” speaking about white supremacy groups and those protesting them from being in their town. One being run down and killed by a car with a racist at the wheel.

No, you call a sore loser disgruntled, especially when they cry about that loss for years. Do some research. The DC park police have stated many times that they didn't fire any tear gas into that protest. They also cleared the park nonviolently. Did you not see the tiny 10 second retraction on cnn, or the really small print in the nyt? The "good people on both sides" comment has been debunked many times, as he was talking about the peaceful protesters from both sides before antifa and the klan (or whatever group they were) showed up. Stop with the nazi propaganda.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Obviously you didn't see the actual footage of the incident. But yes, they used pepper spray and not tear gas.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Obviously you didn't see the actual footage of the incident. But yes, they used pepper spray and not tear gas.

And if they had been peaceful protesters, as is their constitutional right, they wouldn't have been sprayed. Aren't you getting tired of the lies from a biased media?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Are you speaking about the day that Trump had peaceful protestors attacked to do a photo op? Because they were exercising their constitutional right to peacefully protest. You act as though you aren't following some media bias.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
So let me get this straight.

No, you don't have it straight. Your lies, purposeful twisting of messages/intent, bias, and narrow-minded thinking has you so bent out of shape that you can't possible see straight.

A thread that is entitled Black/White is not just about police brutality no matter how much you and a few others want to say it is. GM started the first thread and in no way did he even mention police brutality.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ah, so now when people do the same thing here, pointing out stupidity of others, you suddenly have a problem with it.

You are hilarious!

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Are you speaking about the day that Trump had peaceful protestors attacked to do a photo op? Because they were exercising their constitutional right to peacefully protest. You act as though you aren't following some media bias.

Those must have been nerf rocks and bottles they were throwing at police after they set a church on fire. Glad that's cleared up.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You de realize that was the night before, right? That you have no way of knowing if they were even the same people at the protest the next day, right?

What the HELL are you even talking about?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
You de realize that was the night before, right? That you have no way of knowing if they were even the same people at the protest the next day, right?

What the HELL are you even talking about?

Things you obviously don't know. The church was already burned and extinguished. The protesters were throwing rocks, bricks, and frozen water bottles at police before Trump went to the church. There was a curfew imposed at 7pm, but the cops started clearing early due to the violent protests.

https://www.westernjournal.com/park-police-expose-media-lies-trumps-st-johns-walk-no-tear-gas-used/

There were elements of those original reports that I didn’t exactly view with unmixed delight, although there was some confusion in the reporting I saw whether or not the Park Police had dispersed the protesters before or after the 7 p.m. curfew and, more importantly, what exactly was used to disperse them. Katie Rogers, however, sounded awfully certain in the facts she had. She shouldn’t have been.

In a statement, the Park Police said no tear gas was used against the protesters, and they weren’t necessarily peaceful — unless, that is, your definition of peaceable involves hurling projectiles at law enforcement.

According to Fox News, a statement Tuesday by the Park Police said “no tear gas was used” in Lafayette Park and that the steps that were taken were “to curtail the violence that was underway.”

“At approximately 6:33 pm, violent protestors on H Street NW began throwing projectiles including bricks, frozen water bottles and caustic liquids,” the statement read.

“The protestors also climbed onto a historic building at the north end of Lafayette Park that was destroyed by arson days prior. Intelligence had revealed calls for violence against the police, and officers found caches of glass bottles, baseball bats and metal poles hidden along the street.”

The statement acknowledged that “[a]s many of the protestors became more combative, continued to throw projectiles, and attempted to grab officers’ weapons, officers then employed the use of smoke canisters and pepper balls when protestors did scatter from the area.”

Other details began to emerge that made the situation seem less like it was the caprice of a president wanting a photo shoot and more like a series of events that had been put into play long before the president’s walk to St. John’s.

On Tuesday, reporting from The Washington Post and CBS News seemed to confirm the decision to extend the perimeter around the white House had been made late Sunday or early Monday by Attorney General William Barr.

The Washington Post said this was a decision that led “to use of force against [a] largely peaceful crowd,” a thought which, going by the Park Police’s statement and other reporting, certainly takes a expansive view of the word “largely.” WTOP-TV in Washington said that “[d]eeper reporting reveals that protesters did begin to get arrested, throwing water bottles, rocks and other projectiles at the oncoming police.”

Largely peaceful, though.

Nobody, WTOP noted, seemed to understand why reporters at the scene characterized the irritant as tear gas or where the confirmation had come from regarding the use of tear gas, if it had come at all.

The difference between tear gas and smoke canisters is a pretty significant one; the use of tear gas would indicate an almost indiscriminate use of force in order to clear protesters, whereas smoke canisters would simply indicate an expeditious way to get them out of there. This could be a lie on the Park Police’s part, but this would be a difficult deception to maintain and no source has come forward thus far with direct evidence to contradict the statement.

Even in the age of video, what happened in Lafayette Square will likely remain a “Rashomon”-like event. To some, the very fact the administration tried to expand the perimeter around the White House — an area that had seen a rash of protests that even the apologists at The Washington Post couldn’t pass off as “largely peaceful” — and did so before the president’s visit to St. John’s Episcopal Church is the sign of a dictator.

Writing about the controversy on Tuesday, I quoted a piece by The Post’s Jennifer Rubin, someone whose take on the matter reads as if she were typing with one hand and holding the paper bag they were furiously breathing into with the other.

“Nothing could be more representative of the dangerous narcissism of a president in over his head, resorting to threats of violence against a country he ostensibly is supposed to lead. The deliberate instigation of violence for his own photo op tells Americans how deeply twisted and deformed his character is,” Rubin wrote in one particularly empurpled passage of the Monday evening piece.

I suppose looking back upon opinions written hastily after a flashpoint event reveals cracks that will always appear in a rush job. However, I find one thing that sticks out, both in Rubin’s piece especially but also in the media coverage generally.

There’s plenty of fulmination to be had about the “deliberate instigation of violence” by the president for what’s seen as a mere photo op, not as a show of strength and solidarity after a psychically symbolic attack on an American icon. Little, if any, anger is spent upon the violence of the rioters.

The church, it seems, had burned itself. The Park Police acted upon a group of protesters as pacific and calm as a summer breeze. No, it’s the authorities who represent violence — and that violence starts at the top. Why, they even used tear gas! Or maybe not, but what’s the difference?

To ignore or elide over the violence that desecrated St. John’s is to countenance it — and that’s exactly what the media did. “Protesters Dispersed With Tear Gas So Trump Could Pose at Church,” indeed.

Legend
Legend

Maybe it is just me. But if a thread is supposed to be about one thing. Then title it that way.

Like Jerry Falwell Jr. Accused of Racism.

Not "This is how stupid things have gotten lately."

I went into Pence just because of how stupid it was. I had no intention of hijacking a thread.

If that is the case then have at it. I don't really care.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If you are basing your life actions on Falwell or the other dude, you have misdirected priorities...

Movie stars, social media influencers sports figures, internet shakers, twitter trolls, and a bunch of other attention seekers as well.

As we have come to figure out, and it matters when the President says incredibly stupid things.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus This is how stupid things have gotten lately

Link Copied to Clipboard