Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Legend
Legend
P
They don't wish to hear the message. Pdawg posted their message. They find it much more convenient to twist their message into what they want to hear or what they are trying to convince others to think.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog

Getting more for doing less. Have more babies out of wedlock and get more money.

Your side, yes now that it's becoming clear who your side actually is, need to make up their minds.

On one hand they cry that abortion has killed millions of black babies. You know, the exact same out of wedlock ones that will get all that "free stuff" you're whining about?

So you need to huddle up with 40, tasty and the others from your tribe to figure out of you want millions more black babies or if you don't. Whether you're going to cry about them being born and draining the system or whether you're going to hang on to your anti abortion stance and welcome them with open arms and give of your tax money freely.

No matter how much you wish you could, you can't have it both ways. Or can you? Maybe starving them and having them living on the streets would be step forward towards the "final solution".

Why are you talking to me? You and your cronies don't want me in your group or on your side. That's fine. I will never try to be part of something where I am not accepted for being who I am.

I will just say that since you don't want me on your "side," there is nothing left for us to discuss. I guess you can continue to make crap up about what my stances are and the like. That's fine, too. I frankly don't care anymore. You are dead to me.

Legend
Legend
They don't wish to hear the message. Pdawg posted their message. They find it much more convenient to twist their message into what they want to hear or what they are trying to convince others to think.

To be clear I didn’t post their whole message. I was just clarifying the point about Traveon Martin. I would suggest that all of you read their website.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
What We Believe

Four years ago, what is now known as the Black Lives Matter Global Network began to organize. It started out as a chapter-based, member-led organization whose mission was to build local power and to intervene when violence was inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

In the years since, we’ve committed to struggling together and to imagining and creating a world free of anti-Blackness, where every Black person has the social, economic, and political power to thrive.

Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state.

Enraged by the death of Trayvon Martin and the subsequent acquittal of his killer, George Zimmerman, and inspired by the 31-day takeover of the Florida State Capitol by POWER U and the Dream Defenders, we took to the streets. A year later, we set out together on the Black Lives Matter Freedom Ride to Ferguson, in search of justice for Mike Brown and all of those who have been torn apart by state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Forever changed, we returned home and began building the infrastructure for the Black Lives Matter Global Network, which, even in its infancy, has become a political home for many.

Ferguson helped to catalyze a movement to which we’ve all helped give life. Organizers who call this network home have ousted anti-Black politicians, won critical legislation to benefit Black lives, and changed the terms of the debate on Blackness around the world. Through movement and relationship building, we have also helped catalyze other movements and shifted culture with an eye toward the dangerous impacts of anti-Blackness.

These are the results of our collective efforts.

The Black Lives Matter Global Network is as powerful as it is because of our membership, our partners, our supporters, our staff, and you. Our continued commitment to liberation for all Black people means we are continuing the work of our ancestors and fighting for our collective freedom because it is our duty.

Every day, we recommit to healing ourselves and each other, and to co-creating alongside comrades, allies, and family a culture where each person feels seen, heard, and supported.

We acknowledge, respect, and celebrate differences and commonalities.

We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people.

We intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

We see ourselves as part of the global Black family, and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black people who exist in different parts of the world.

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
About

#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer. Black Lives Matter Foundation, Inc is a global organization in the US, UK, and Canada, whose mission is to eradicate white supremacy and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes. By combating and countering acts of violence, creating space for Black imagination and innovation, and centering Black joy, we are winning immediate improvements in our lives.

We are expansive. We are a collective of liberators who believe in an inclusive and spacious movement. We also believe that in order to win and bring as many people with us along the way, we must move beyond the narrow nationalism that is all too prevalent in Black communities. We must ensure we are building a movement that brings all of us to the front.

We affirm the lives of Black queer and trans folks, disabled folks, undocumented folks, folks with records, women, and all Black lives along the gender spectrum. Our network centers those who have been marginalized within Black liberation movements.

We are working for a world where Black lives are no longer systematically targeted for demise.

We affirm our humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

The call for Black lives to matter is a rallying cry for ALL Black lives striving for liberation.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
bonefish, I think you should do some research on where this is all heading. Dig deep. Your feeling may change. They may not. But, this is much bigger than stopping police brutality. It's about economics and I have a problem w/how they want to make things "equitable."

Legend
Legend
DefundThePolice
May 30, 2020
Enough is enough.

Our pain, our cries, and our need to be seen and heard resonate throughout this entire country.

We demand acknowledgment and accountability for the devaluation and dehumanization of Black life at the hands of the police.

We call for radical, sustainable solutions that affirm the prosperity of Black lives.

George Floyd’s violent death was a breaking point — an all too familiar reminder that, for Black people, law enforcement doesn’t protect or save our lives. They often threaten and take them.

Right now, Minneapolis and cities across our country are on fire, and our people are hurting — the violence against Black bodies felt in the ongoing mass disobedience, all while we grapple with a pandemic that is disproportionately affecting, infecting, and killing us.

We call for an end to the systemic racism that allows this culture of corruption to go unchecked and our lives to be taken.

We call for a national defunding of police. We demand investment in our communities and the resources to ensure Black people not only survive, but thrive. If you’re with us, add your name to the petition right now and help us spread the word.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Herstory

In 2013, three radical Black organizers — Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi — created a Black-centered political will and movement building project called #BlackLivesMatter. It was in response to the acquittal of Trayvon Martin’s murderer, George Zimmerman.

Photo of Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors, and Opal Tometi

The project is now a member-led global network of more than 40 chapters. Our members organize and build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

Black Lives Matter is an ideological and political intervention in a world where Black lives are systematically and intentionally targeted for demise. It is an affirmation of Black folks’ humanity, our contributions to this society, and our resilience in the face of deadly oppression.

As organizers who work with everyday people, BLM members see and understand significant gaps in movement spaces and leadership. Black liberation movements in this country have created room, space, and leadership mostly for Black heterosexual, cisgender men — leaving women, queer and transgender people, and others either out of the movement or in the background to move the work forward with little or no recognition. As a network, we have always recognized the need to center the leadership of women and queer and trans people. To maximize our movement muscle, and to be intentional about not replicating harmful practices that excluded so many in past movements for liberation, we made a commitment to placing those at the margins closer to the center.

As #BlackLivesMatter developed throughout 2013 and 2014, we utilized it as a platform and organizing tool. Other groups, organizations, and individuals used it to amplify anti-Black racism across the country, in all the ways it showed up. Tamir Rice, Tanisha Anderson, Mya Hall, Walter Scott, Sandra Bland — these names are inherently important. The space that #BlackLivesMatter held and continues to hold helped propel the conversation around the state-sanctioned violence they experienced. We particularly highlighted the egregious ways in which Black women, specifically Black trans women, are violated. #BlackLivesMatter was developed in support of all Black lives.

In 2014, Mike Brown was murdered by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson. It was a guttural response to be with our people, our family — in support of the brave and courageous community of Ferguson and St. Louis as they were being brutalized by law enforcement, criticized by media, tear gassed, and pepper sprayed night after night. Darnell Moore and Patrisse Cullors organized a national ride during Labor Day weekend that year. We called it the Black Life Matters Ride. In 15 days, we developed a plan of action to head to the occupied territory to support our brothers and sisters. Over 600 people gathered. We made two commitments: to support the team on the ground in St. Louis, and to go back home and do the work there. We understood Ferguson was not an aberration, but in fact, a clear point of reference for what was happening to Black communities everywhere.

When it was time for us to leave, inspired by our friends in Ferguson, organizers from 18 different cities went back home and developed Black Lives Matter chapters in their communities and towns — broadening the political will and movement building reach catalyzed by the #BlackLivesMatter project and the work on the ground in Ferguson.

It became clear that we needed to continue organizing and building Black power across the country. People were hungry to galvanize their communities to end state-sanctioned violence against Black people, the way Ferguson organizers and allies were doing. Soon we created the Black Lives Matter Global Network infrastructure. It is adaptive and decentralized, with a set of guiding principles. Our goal is to support the development of new Black leaders, as well as create a network where Black people feel empowered to determine our destinies in our communities.

The Black Lives Matter Global Network would not be recognized worldwide if it weren’t for the folks in St. Louis and Ferguson who put their bodies on the line day in and day out, and who continue to show up for Black lives.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I frankly don't care anymore. You are dead to me.

Awe... tongue

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell

You have a low opinion of blacks. Do you think them incapable of getting jobs and providing for their families? Do you think them incapable of getting an education? Why would they, or should they be nothing more than recipients of handouts in your eyes? And you call others racist?

Ah, once again you missed it. I was expounding on someone elses post, not my own thoughts. Just extrapolating on his message.

I think having them killed by the police and then protecting those who killed them is wrong. And you?

I don't think I misunderstood anything. Vers talked about the money demand want to give away for just living in a democracy run city. You brought up blacks being a continual tax burden unless we continue wiping them out with abortion.

I believe we're all equally capable, if we take advantage of the opportunities that are placed before us. Get educated, get job experience, and keep improving one's self is the best we to get ahead in life. If a person keeps taking the buyout, they will never get ahead.

Murder is wrong no matter who does it. If a shooting is justifiable, then it's not murder. All should be equal under the law.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
Btw I agree with you fully about Brown. Even the Obama administration’s Justice Department agreed.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
I don’t disagree with you on the three women who started the BLM movement. Two of which are self described Marxist. However, according to their website they use Martin as an anti vigilante, not police brutality. The following is a quote from their website.

Black Lives Matter began as a call to action in response to state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Our intention from the very beginning was to connect Black people from all over the world who have a shared desire for justice to act together in their communities. The impetus for that commitment was, and still is, the rampant and deliberate violence inflicted on us by the state.

Enraged by the death of Trayvon Martin and the subsequent acquittal of his killer, George Zimmerman, and inspired by the 31-day takeover of the Florida State Capitol by POWER U and the Dream Defenders, we took to the streets. A year later, we set out together on the Black Lives Matter Freedom Ride to Ferguson, in search of justice for Mike Brown and all of those who have been torn apart by state-sanctioned violence and anti-Black racism. Forever changed, we returned home and began building the infrastructure for the Black Lives Matter Global Network, which, even in its infancy, has become a political home for many.

What I think the issue is about TM and MB is that it was determined that Martin was on top of Zimmerman and beating the snot out of him prior to Zimmerman pulling the trigger. I don't want to re-hash that whole discussion (except if someone shows me my info is wrong). Why they even got to that point is pretty much all on Zimmerman (and then the whole Stand Your Ground debate)... but portrayal of the crime in the media (down to using an old picture of TM to make it look like he was far younger and innocent than he was) created a furor based on a bunch of misleading-at-best information. I'm not defending Zimmerman, I'm accusing the talking heads of juicing the story to whip up emotions. Even worse was MB, who (again, IIRC), was confronted by police and initiated a physical altercation with the cop. I believe Brown reaching into the police car to grab the cop set the whole situation off.

IMO, continuing to reference these instances does a VERY poor job of explaining what your movement is about. To be clear (because I'm sure more than a few posters are seeing red already), I'm not arguing the goal or the message, I'm attacking the messenger. There are plenty of examples of despicable actions of cops done on minorities (specifically black males) with racism being the primary motivation. Why not use those? Why continue to use examples that have been more or less debunked? It makes BLM look like what white supremacist extremists are trying to make them look like.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I do stand corrected on the Martin part. I do recall however that he originally was included on the great Triumverate of Victims of police murder with Brown and Garner. It also took several posts of correcting posters here as they were very quick to repeat that mantra.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
It's easier for them to listen to each other than to hear guys like Swish and me. BLM was formed by 3 black women for the sole express purpose of sending the message: "Stop killing our brothers, fathers and sons. "

Since then, that message has been misinterpreted, misheard, hijacked and distorted into any message but the original.

Same thing happened with Kaep's knee. His was bastardized into disrespecting the flag and our troops. Anything - anything but actually listen to the original point.

It's why I rarely contribute here like I used to. I visit other addresses for such talk; there is precious little to be gained/accomplished here.

So over it.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
I think that BLM use those two instances because that is how the were started.

#gmstrong
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
What We Believe

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

So much wrong with this statement I don't even know where to begin superconfused

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yep, you missed it. Here's the quote from vers I focused on in my post.

Quote:
Have more babies out of wedlock and get more money.

Try again.

Like I said. People need to make up their minds. Either quit whining about freebies or quit forcing young black women into having babies.

You see, most of those people know they can't afford those children. Now you can make the argument, "Well they shouldn't have gotten pregnant then." I agree with that.

The problem is what do you do after they become pregnant? You can't force them to have children and then whine about welfare.

Hopefully you get it now. But somehow I doubt it.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
So they were started based on lies?

I know the answer (it's no), but that's what it seems like. If the goal is to affect change, then making it seem like your movement was founded and driven by fake outrage is a really bad way to go about it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
You just don't get it Clem. Only white Republicans understand. I mean they've lived it, right?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Yep, you missed it. Here's the quote from vers I focused on in my post.

Quote:
Have more babies out of wedlock and get more money.

Try again.

Like I said. People need to make up their minds. Either quit whining about freebies or quit forcing young black women into having babies.

You see, most of those people know they can't afford those children. Now you can make the argument, "Well they shouldn't have gotten pregnant then." I agree with that.

The problem is what do you do after they become pregnant? You can't force them to have children and then whine about welfare.

Hopefully you get it now. But somehow I doubt it.

What do you do when you already have 6 kids and find yourself suddenly unemployed? I was in that situation once, and the job market where I was turned horrible. You can't very well kill one then. The only real difference is the law says you can kill them before they're born. Maybe you'll get it now.

My wife and I made sure we didn't have anymore, why can't anyone else?

V
Legend
Legend
V
For the record, I have never once expressed my views on abortion. Pit made that up to attack my character. He has been making things up about what I am saying rather frequently in the past few weeks.

It's an incredibly low blow to resort to making things up about what people are saying.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And now you have become the morality police.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So now that you were shown to be wrong you have changed the subject to abortion and not the correlation between welfare and abortion. About what I expected.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: bonefish

?

What? So you believe that some girl who is calling herself the founder of BLM "organization" is representative of BLM movement?

That the millions of people that took to the streets all over the world to protest are all about Marxism? That is what you get from this?

Talk about select listening.

I never heard of that girl. My guess is not many others have as well.

Pay attention. The movement is about racial profiling and inequality under the law from policemen who have gotten into the ranks of police departments and don't get removed even after they have numerous incidents of brutality.

Police Reform is what the movement is about to most of those who are protesting.

That does not mean that there are those who infiltrate the movement with some kind of distorted agenda. Which could include a Marxist agenda.

It also includes the criminals that vandalize and loot as opportunists.

But the vast majority which includes many white people is about reform.

Stop killing black people for being black. Stop brutality towards black people just because they are black.

I am 72. It has been a practice my entire life.

It is a minority of police. But it is there. Bad cops exist. Some use their badge to steal. Some use it to exorcise their prejudice. They are difficult to root out. There is little in place to catch them. Or, if caught not to show up in another state inside another police force.

It has been going on for generations.

Well, which is it? You can't have it both or any way that suits you in any given moment.

On one hand you are saying that the founders of BLM shouldn't be believed or at the very least taken as representative of the movement as a whole, even though BLM IS an actual organization because it means different things to different people.

Then on the other hand you want to criticize people who don't buy in to or support their message.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

Legend
Legend

Until very recently meaning like two months or so ago I never would even open this forum. Instinctively knowing what to expect.

And I am going back to practicing that.

Fruitless. And then it becomes upsetting. I saw a recent stat that stated if a Covid 19 vaccine were available today 33% of the population would not get the vaccine.

Kind of like masks. Although we would like to believe that people are capable of knowing better. Many are not.
Like Forrest Gump said "my Mom says stupid is as stupid does."

So my two cents is out of here. I will go back to football and topics like music.

I have fought the fight for good before. Experience can be hard teacher.

I always enjoy your posts on a variety of topics.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So now that you were shown to be wrong you have changed the subject to abortion and not the correlation between welfare and abortion. About what I expected.

You brought it up, not me. Go reread your posts. I'd also like to know how you "proved" me wrong.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I think it's more starting down the path of North Korea. Sad.

I think they are not going to take peoples guns, they won't have to, they have other ways,

Look at this past February.

96% of Americans were placed on stay at home orders, All Churches were closed for Easter, The 4th of July independence day has been cancelled, largely,
Every restaurant in the USA has been closed, largely, and the same with all bars, plus all the employees related to those have been out of work,

And they didn't confiscate thousands, hundreds, or even dozens of guns, to my knowledge, more than they had been

oh, not to mention, voting has been changed, fair and free elections in the USA are now a thing in question at the least, a thing of the past, maybe.

It's easier to take over without taking your guns, so they won't,

Medicine,
Food distribution,
Toilet paper,
Online only transactions

identity, through online control by constant, controlled verifications

Thought control, through online censorship

and if you complain, theft through cyber attack, or worse, identity theft, other, who knows,

all with no gun confiscation necessary.

in 1970 you'd buy a gas guzzling car with a loud motor that spewed black smoke and could do a burnout, made of steel,
you could buy as much soda as you want with as much sugar as you asked,

chain smoke 4 packs a day, it was common, 70% of adults smoked in 1960 or something,
no dui laws, or less anyways, seat belts optional,

Cap guns, lawn darts,

today?? You can't even hear a car and a push button starts it if it's electric, in the future, the only way they will let you drive is with GPS entered destinations, With no varying off the prescribed route, Sunday drive? NO Sir! Cruising back and forth on the strip? NO Sir!

And they won't take any guns away to do it.

They made Gay marriage legal, and they didn't ask voters, well, they did and voters overwhelmingly rejected the idea A bunch of times in a bunch of locations,
so against the voters, and didn't confiscate guns to do it.

Tore down the 10 Commandments, 2004, all kinds of places.

Tearing down mentions of the Founding Fathers, today,

My point is, if you're waiting on them to come take your guns, I don't think they are coming for them.

They won't have to.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
96% of Americans were placed on stay at home orders

Due to a highly contagious pathogen that can kill, causes lasting lung damage in most people regardless of age, and suddenly puts some people on dialysis.

Quote:
All Churches were closed for Easter

See above.

I was once told by a pastor of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod that church isn't necessary to practice and follow your faith. This was told to me as I attended an extremely conservative Christian church and school.

Quote:
The 4th of July independence day has been cancelled,

Wrong.

Cities continue to search for safe and reasonable ways to celebrate our independence that is backed by sound medical advice.

Quote:
the same with all bars

Bars and indoor restaurants are turning out to be super spreading events as evidenced in new contact tracing reports.

Quote:
all the employees related to those have been out of work

Canada and the UK have been finding ways to provide for their workers who are out of work.

It's a shame we can't figure out something here in the Greatest Country In The World, isn't it?

Quote:
fair and free elections in the USA are now a thing in question at the least

Gerrymandering, laws that look like modern day poll taxes, and a sudden shift to "no vote by mail even though I've done it plenty!!!!!!" are all valid concerns.

I would love to know your thoughts on these subjects.

Quote:
Thought control, through online censorship

Huh?

Please source these statements.
----------

Forget it. I'm tired of debating people who willfully ignore facts. I'm tired of people who want to keep life worse off for minorities.

THROW and anyone else who subscribes to these ideas, please join us in the 20th century. Get out of the way of progress that can help every single American.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'd also like to know how you "proved" me wrong.

He showed up, that's about all it takes.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I'd also like to know how you "proved" me wrong.

He showed up, that's about all it takes.

Just like most lib lies. Declare a win, then believe your own lie.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
They think they win in their own mind and then run. Jesse Lee Peterson talks to one of the founders of BLM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist

Forget it. I'm tired of debating people who willfully ignore facts. I'm tired of people who want to keep life worse off for minorities.

THROW and anyone else who subscribes to these ideas, please join us in the 20th century. Get out of the way of progress that can help every single American.

I'm tired of you, too. It was yourself you were referring to, no? You seem to be primarily debating with yourself and not actually processing anything from anyone else.

We're in the 21st century, Sherlock. Might want to check your "facts" some more.

I don't want to keep life worse off for minorities. I want minorities to stop thinking of themselves as victims. Control the things they can control, first. The best way to stop being victims is to stop acting like you are all the time. Quit indoctrinating people that they're victims and that they are going to be treated unfairly from birth. Stop trying to make everything that goes wrong with a minority as solely being because they are a minority.

Link

Take some damn responsibilty.

Stop telling people they can't possibly understand while acting like you understand other people better than they understand themselves.

Don't want to be treated different because "you're" Black, while insisting that being black makes "you" different. White Pride, bad. Black Pride, good. What the hell is there in the skin color you were born with to be proud about? Lives matter. Only racists care what color they are.

Am I trying to say that there aren't racists and bad things don't happen? Of course not. There are things that need to be fixed.

Unfortunately, minorities don't seem to realize how racist they are and that they contribute to the problems.

I wonder how many of this country's problems stem from pride....

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
from anyone else.

Here's the thing, Bull. I'm a white dude and in order for me to learn about the experience of someone else, I listen to the source.

You don't do this. You go off on minorities by telling them to "act better because you're furthering the divide". I've been in multiple positions in my own life where I learned from people of a very different background than myself, and each time successful learning happened because I let another group educate me. Instead you're taking a paternal attitude while trying to be some hack-job Dr. King.

Quote:
minorities don't seem to realize how racist they are and that they contribute to the problems.

Ah, you turned on your tiki torch tonight!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Just an FYI bro, it's the 21st Century.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

K
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
K
As I have said, I agree with the actual BLM original message. Yes, police brutality is a problem. Blacks seem to be on the receiving end more often than others, but other races are brutalized or killed by bad cops too. Something needs to be done about that.

However, the BLM movement has been hijacked by radical left wing extremists, the very same extremists Barrack Obama warned the Democratic Party about they need not listen to:

Quote:

“Even as we push the envelope and we are bold in our vision we also have to be rooted in reality,” “The average American doesn’t think we have to completely tear down the system and remake it.” - Barrack Obama November 16th 2019

“I don’t think we should be deluded into thinking that the resistance to certain approaches to things is simply because voters haven’t heard a bold enough proposal and if they hear something as bold as possible then immediately that’s going to activate them,” - Barrack Obama November 16th 2019

"The universe of voters that could support a Democratic candidate — Democrats, independents and moderate Republicans — are not driven by the same views reflected on “certain left-leaning Twitter feeds” or “the activist wing of our party.” - Barrack Obama November 16th 2019

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/16/obama-warns-democrats-against-going-too-far-left.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/15/us/politics/barack-obama-2020-dems.html

If you won't listen to me, will you listen to Obama?

The same "radical left elements" of the Democratic Party Obama is talking about are the ones who have hijacked BLM and their movement, and are using it as a means to wrought chaos and destruction on this great nation. BLM and their message is being suppressed by these people.

When is the good people in BLM going to stand up and stop these people from destroying monuments, destroying federal property, destroying small business and homes, defacing veteran memorials? I agree the Confederate Monuments belong in a museum but they shouldn't be destroyed.

The tragedy of all this is BLM's message is being lost and its being replaced with one of violence.

Remember what Martin Luther King Jr. told us:

Quote:

“The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate...Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” - Martin Luther King Jr

I support BLM and their message on police brutality, but they have to self police the violent actors out of their ranks...they are killing the movements original mission.

The radical left will lead us right down the road of socialism if we allow it, and all socialist countries eventually resort to some form of communism its inevitable, the its only way a socialist society can evolve.

BLM needs to get the radical left out of their movement so they can actually get their message to resonate in every home in America, right now...folks watching from home all they are seeing is violence, destruction, etc...and their message is being lost...

Last edited by Knight_Of_Brown; 06/30/20 10:02 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Quote:
from anyone else.

Here's the thing, Bull. I'm a white dude and in order for me to learn about the experience of someone else, I listen to the source.

You don't do this. You go off on minorities by telling them to "act better because you're furthering the divide". I've been in multiple positions in my own life where I learned from people of a very different background than myself, and each time successful learning happened because I let another group educate me. Instead you're taking a paternal attitude while trying to be some hack-job Dr. King.

Quote:
minorities don't seem to realize how racist they are and that they contribute to the problems.

Ah, you turned on your tiki torch tonight!

You don't listen to hardly anyone. You didn't let another group educate you, you let them indoctrinate you. Now you see minorities as the eternal victims that need your super special help.

I'm not going off on minorities, I do go off on uppity white dudes who think they should be the voice for minorities.

Part of equality is calling people on their BS. Not patting them on the head and saying everything is okay while treating them like they are lesser and you're their great white champion.

I want them to do better because I know they are capable. And I think it would actually help them be treated as the equals they are.

I'm sorry that I try to treat everyone as equals instead of helpless victims.

I'm not going to give them gold stars like they are children no matter what they do. No accountability is not how you treat an equal.

I'm not trying to be Dr. King. You're the one who seems to be trying to take up a similar mantle. You come off as more of an arrogant white knight on a high horse.

I've been pointing out that people aren't the MLK-like civil rights leaders they seem to think they are. I've said the movement could use one. I've never claimed or tried to be one.

If by tiki torch you mean shining a light on hypocrisy and double standards, I guess you've used worse imagery. If you're trying to say that I'm a racist, your personal mixture of pride and self-loathing might be showing.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He was culturally appropriating Polynesians.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He was culturally appropriating Polynesians.

That didn't go unnoticed.

-Jack Burton

P
Legend
Legend
P
400 years ago white people brought black people over here and enslaved them. And sold them. And treated them as less than human. For 250 years. While white men built the country and created its laws and its systems of government. While 10, 15 generations of white families got to grow and flourish and make choices that could make their lives better.

And then 150 years ago white people "freed" black people from slavery. But then angry white people created laws that made it impossible for them to vote. Or to own land. Or to have the same rights as white people. And even erected monuments glorifying people who actively had fought to keep them enslaved. All while another 5, 10 generations of white families got to grow and accumulate wealth and gain land and get an education.

And then 60 years ago we made it "legal" for black people to vote, and to be "free" from discrimination. But angry white people still fought to keep schools segregated. And closed off neighborhoods to white people only. And made it harder for black people to get bank loans, or get quality education or health care, or to (gasp) marry a white person. All while another 2-3 generations of white families got to grow and pass their wealth down to their children and their children's children.

And then we entered an age where we had the technology to make PUBLIC the things that were already happening in private-- the beatings, the stop and frisk laws, the unequal distribution of justice, the police brutality (police began in America as slave patrols designed to catch runaway slaves). And only now, after 400+ years and 20+ generations of a white head start, are we STARTING to truly have a dialog about what it means to be black.

White privilege doesn't mean you haven't suffered or fought or worked hard. It doesn't mean white people are responsible for the sins of our ancestors. It doesn’t mean you can’t be proud of who you are. But it DOES mean that we need to acknowledge that the system our ancestors created is built FOR white people. It DOES mean that we aren't disadvantaged because of the color of our skin and it DOES mean that we owe it to our neighbors-- of all colors-- to acknowledge that and work to make our world more equitable.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Is America Starting Down the Path of Nazi Germany?

Link Copied to Clipboard