Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Swish #1774251 07/07/20 11:43 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
You put way too much information in there for it to be effective.

I lost interest.

Also, do you prefer to stand on the fence? Or do you like to balance off your ballsack?

One is definitely more painful than the other. But like a typical centrist, “hey, could be worse.”

You can't handle less than 20 sentences of information because you're too busy thinking about my ballsack, gotcha. I don't swing that way, but I won't tell you how to do you. *shrug*

Do your posts even make sense to you if you go back and read them?

Besides, can't you tell I like to stand on the fence and use it as a soapbox?

At least come up with a good line. I mean which is it? Do I not have the balls to stand on my own? Or are they brass balls that can take balancing on a fence indefinitely?

Also, it's not could be worse. It's "why don't both of you try to do better?" It's the two sides that keep talking about how at least they aren't the other side, and how the other side is so much worse.

I'll simplify things for you: I'm looking for better, you're caught up on worse.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Nah, you don’t look for better. You keep trying to tone police and wish to tell minorities how they should act.

I gotta wonder what makes you think you have the authority to tell black Americans how they should protest.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
"tone police."

rofl

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
you dont even know what better is.

thats whats hilarious about all of this the most. hell, your own viable stance so far is to just go against whatever any one else is saying.

^^seriously. ive read all your post debating whoever and that is the constant take away. you dont end up taking much of a position on anything.

i mean thats cool, i guess. i dont like spinning in circles though so you can ride that rollercoaster all on your own.

because at SOME point, flapping gums just isnt going to work. at SOME point, an action must be taken. and all you ever do is whine about the actions, with no new, or bold, or even above average ideas that could in theory create change.

but you WILL whine about whoever does have what it takes to take action and not just give lip service.

so knowing all that....why would i bother? kinda pointless, right?

trump supporters are easier to have discussions with, because they possess the ability to take a stand. at SOME point, something must be done. for better or worse, they showed action in 2016 when a lot of other people out there stayed home and let others decide for them.

are you part of that demographic? stayed home and let others decide for you?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Nah, you don’t look for better. You keep trying to tone police and wish to tell minorities how they should act.

I gotta wonder what makes you think you have the authority to tell black Americans how they should protest.

Freedom of speech. Apparently uncommon sense.

Equality isn't telling one group the bad stuff they do is okay while hammering on another group for doing similar bad stuff. Equality is holding everybody to the same standard.

People are doing "bad" things for "good" reasons. Should I give you a trophy for trying? Even if your action is counterproductive to the goal?

Okay, here goes. Good job guys, keep dividing the country. You're doing great! You should get medals! Bravisimo! Keep up the good...ish, well less bad, fight! Picking fights is a great way to bring people together! Having giant rallies during a pandemic during the summer where everyone is sweating is brilliant! Blaming a group for the actions of a few isn't hypocritical at all! Saying people have to say "black" instead of "all" isn't the least bit racist! You're amazing! MLK had nothing on you! Colin picking the flag as the focal point of his protest was so brilliantly thought out and executed that everyone...maybe some people... knew exactly what he was doing and he didn't upset anyone with his lack of/delayed explanations. You can do no wrong! You mean well, so everything you do is super special and wholesome! Yay, Rocket! Have a cookie! You're such a swell guy! You're so committed, it's almost like you can't hear anything that doesn't 100% agree with you!

*sets pompoms on fire* I guess I might as well try to enjoy watching the world burn with you.

rofl (in honor of Pit)

Have fun you guys! Do what ever the hell you please! Act like toddlers throwing tantrums! That always solves problems! thumbsup Protest! Rock on! It doesn't matter how you do it! Protest causes change, man!

That's what you want, right? See, that still doesn't make much sense to me.

rofl (still just for Pit)

Pfft.

I'd put something for Swish, but this was longer than a sentence, so I'm thinking he stopped reading a long time ago. *shrug*

I don't really expect any of you to catch the satire.

*sets the fence on fire and waves a one fingered salute*

Meh, hopefully someone is entertained by that. Honestly, it just leaves me feeling depressed.

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
Vers, I appreciate you trying to start threads that go a little deeper.

I'm not going to jump ahead to page 3, where this thread is for me now, to see what has become of it..

A couple things:
1. Trump isn't the cause of our division, he is a symptom of it. He has done as much as he can to exacerbate it.. but to pretend we were holding hands and singing Kumbaya before Trump (or before Obama) (or before Bush) or that we had some proactive evolving level of discourse is just silly. The divide has always existed and has grown significantly since people figured out how to monetize it on the internet and social media.

2. The actual division is a totally fabricated myth. In a link I posted on FB recently (tagging some members of this forum) David French, who is a left leaning author posted this article. The article gets deep into a faith based discussion but his overall point is clear and he uses a recent study to show how our division is a myth. This graphic shows on the top America's views on immigration, it's a fairly widely dispersed set of beliefs with significant overlap between what the Ds and the Rs believe on a spectrum from far left to far right.

The bottom graph is what democrats THINK republicans believe and what republicans THINK democrats believe... as a person who likes logic puzzles the obvious question is... Why is our perception of "the other side" SO VASTLY DIFFERENT from the reality? This doesn't just happen in a vacuum.. it happened because somebody wanted you to believe that "the other side" was this crazed group of extremists... the only 2 groups of people I can think of who benefit from making you think the other side is a crazed group of extremists.. would be the politicians themselves who use that fear to get elected... and the media/Twitter celebs/bloggers who use that fear to generate clicks and interest and make money...

It's not just immigration, here is gun control...

And I bet every other issue would lay out much the same way..

As I've read more articles lately about how the Ds and Rs have irreconcilable differences and we should consider cutting the baby in half and going our separate ways.. or contemplate the coming of the next civil war.... it's all BS, it's a fabrication and we are falling for it every single day that we allow them to play us against each other like they do..

Those with the power are winning, we the common folk are losing... and we're cheering for "our side" like they give a damn about us...

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
Could you write a post with more put downs to others intelligence than the one you just wrote? Because someone disagrees with you apparently they just aren't smart enough to get you right? Oh - I guess it's been a couple weeks but you did tell us how you are smarter and make connections better and so much faster than the rest of us so I guess this must be true huh?

I think you and others are as guilty of not listening and not having an honest discussion as anyone. "It depends" really only carries you so far. "Seeing all sides" or "holding all sides accountable" really is a fine principal and basis for moving forward. But when - say - we are talking specifically about racism and police brutality with multiple fresh videos of police killing Blacks, I think it's disingenuous (or worse) to say 'hang on, before we address these obvious issues, we gotta address the black on black violence and crime, we have to look at reverse racism or how the Blacks are just as racist, we gotta look at what the black community does wrong before we can engage in a discussion about Police killing blacks' .... BOTH discussions might be worthy - are worthy - tying one to the other as a prerequisite might suit your agenda and your thought process - it certainly doesn't mean that everyone agrees with you. I can compartmentalize the different issues - and would like to see the current wave of world awareness used to change the systemic racism that pervades so many nations and cultures - not the least here in America. At another time or on another thread we can discuss the other issues ... hell we can even discuss how much of an impact it would have on all those things if the Black community doesn't have to fear for it's life every time a police officer stops them in their car.

I find it odd that in London, all across England, around the globe... at Soccer games and at protests and gatherings ... people want to come out with support for "BLM" and there isn't the reticence there is here and folks saying 'by golly all lives mater' .... of course all lives matter, but we have a BLM movement because right now they are the ones with the light shining on them. Same thing with this total and utter crackpot discussion about whether "White Power" is the same as "Black Power" - totally insane nonsense.

It's the same all the time - like if someone can deflect the subject away from racism then they will. What was the video OCD posted weeks ago that got trashed ? About a white lady who talked about how uncomfortable we are to address racism? Man there are so many examples of what she talks about going on endlessly on these boards.

C'est la vie, I guess.

Meanwhile - the Democratic party have nominated one of the most centrist candidates in their party. And we're spending pages and pages talking about a couple of extreme left wing posters and politicians and claiming the Dems are driving the masses away? More contrived controversy. There's ALWAYS going to be guys on the fringes and they will ALWAYS get support. Basing your feelings and vote on your reaction to the tiny minority that the Fox News and Breitbart's of the world want to focus on would be short sighted in my opinion.

And lastly - just supposing both parties are going to hell in a hand basket - and that we're faced with dumb and dumber, bad and badder for our only choices. . . . it's still entirely reasonable to focus on and talk specifically to which of those candidates is worse and continue to talk about all the terrible decisions Trump makes, the gaffs he makes, how divisive he is, how when he talks he so often rambles incoherently ... when he blames Antifa for rioting and looting without proof, when he makes a campaign speech at the foot of Mount Rushmore, we should absolutely pay attention to it and talk about it. We should broadcast and highlight every lie. We might not expect him to get better - but to allow his division to become accepted and normalized, which you sometimes seem to suggest, is a recipe for norms and standards to continue to erode. No thanks.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I have to question the content on the position regarding open borders.

It looks as if a substantial number of Dems want open borders ???

I don't know anyone who wants open borders. Bernie was pretty far left and he wasn't for open borders.

On the "perception" - I can see that and accept that. But I really think there is more center leaning from the Dems on Open Borders than the 'actual immigration' graphic portrays.

mgh888 #1774345 07/07/20 06:56 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Could you write a post with more put downs to others intelligence than the one you just wrote? Because someone disagrees with you apparently they just aren't smart enough to get you right? Oh - I guess it's been a couple weeks but you did tell us how you are smarter and make connections better and so much faster than the rest of us so I guess this must be true huh?

I think you and others are as guilty of not listening and not having an honest discussion as anyone. "It depends" really only carries you so far. "Seeing all sides" or "holding all sides accountable" really is a fine principal and basis for moving forward. But when - say - we are talking specifically about racism and police brutality with multiple fresh videos of police killing Blacks, I think it's disingenuous (or worse) to say 'hang on, before we address these obvious issues, we gotta address the black on black violence and crime, we have to look at reverse racism or how the Blacks are just as racist, we gotta look at what the black community does wrong before we can engage in a discussion about Police killing blacks' .... BOTH discussions might be worthy - are worthy - tying one to the other as a prerequisite might suit your agenda and your thought process - it certainly doesn't mean that everyone agrees with you. I can compartmentalize the different issues - and would like to see the current wave of world awareness used to change the systemic racism that pervades so many nations and cultures - not the least here in America. At another time or on another thread we can discuss the other issues ... hell we can even discuss how much of an impact it would have on all those things if the Black community doesn't have to fear for it's life every time a police officer stops them in their car.

I find it odd that in London, all across England, around the globe... at Soccer games and at protests and gatherings ... people want to come out with support for "BLM" and there isn't the reticence there is here and folks saying 'by golly all lives mater' .... of course all lives matter, but we have a BLM movement because right now they are the ones with the light shining on them. Same thing with this total and utter crackpot discussion about whether "White Power" is the same as "Black Power" - totally insane nonsense.

It's the same all the time - like if someone can deflect the subject away from racism then they will. What was the video OCD posted weeks ago that got trashed ? About a white lady who talked about how uncomfortable we are to address racism? Man there are so many examples of what she talks about going on endlessly on these boards.

C'est la vie, I guess.

Meanwhile - the Democratic party have nominated one of the most centrist candidates in their party. And we're spending pages and pages talking about a couple of extreme left wing posters and politicians and claiming the Dems are driving the masses away? More contrived controversy. There's ALWAYS going to be guys on the fringes and they will ALWAYS get support. Basing your feelings and vote on your reaction to the tiny minority that the Fox News and Breitbart's of the world want to focus on would be short sighted in my opinion.

And lastly - just supposing both parties are going to hell in a hand basket - and that we're faced with dumb and dumber, bad and badder for our only choices. . . . it's still entirely reasonable to focus on and talk specifically to which of those candidates is worse and continue to talk about all the terrible decisions Trump makes, the gaffs he makes, how divisive he is, how when he talks he so often rambles incoherently ... when he blames Antifa for rioting and looting without proof, when he makes a campaign speech at the foot of Mount Rushmore, we should absolutely pay attention to it and talk about it. We should broadcast and highlight every lie. We might not expect him to get better - but to allow his division to become accepted and normalized, which you sometimes seem to suggest, is a recipe for norms and standards to continue to erode. No thanks.

I could write a post with more putdowns quite easily. I won't, though. I'll have to remember that repeating a bad argument satirically is a putdown.

They could have called the movement All Lives Matter while still focusing on poor treatment of black people and ending police brutality. I'm really not even against Black Lives Matter, but the argument that you can't say All Lives Matter just seems counterproductive. If you want to just use black lives matter that's fine, but why is it okay to tell other people they can't say all lives matter? If you want to be treated like everyone else, why refuse a word that includes you with everyone else? The minimization argument only holds water if you're considering everyone to be far right racists, and thus doesn't really seem to hold water.

I've never said to not address obvious issues. I've argued that we should pay close consideration to how we address those issues. Logic matters. Methods matter. Word choice matters.

If a method is having negative repercussions, can we consider adjusting those methods? The answer seems too often to be No, this is what we're doing, to hell with the consequences.

Blindly accepting methods because of their intentions is another path to how norms and standards erode.

Who is normalizing Trump? Most in the middle are saying that he's a pathetic, racist, crazy person. It's randomly people on the left saying they should use his methods because they work.

Fiercely Independent.
Swish #1774351 07/07/20 07:07 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
A white Florida man who was filmed yelling at a Black homeowner while waving a BB gun also faked being a Navy SEAL for years, report says

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-florida-man-filmed-yelling-101251367.html

I’m supposed to come together with clowns like this in the country?

Absolutely not.

Klan: “we wanna kill black people!”

Black people: “we want equal rights!”

Vers and Bull’s centrist ass: “why don’t we allow a quota so that you only kill black people some of the time?”

Klan: “great!!”

Black people: “no!!”

Vers and bull: “see, you guys only want to hate and not come together”.

Disgusting commentary.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Vers, I appreciate you trying to start threads that go a little deeper.

I'm not going to jump ahead to page 3, where this thread is for me now, to see what has become of it..

A couple things:
1. Trump isn't the cause of our division, he is a symptom of it. He has done as much as he can to exacerbate it.. but to pretend we were holding hands and singing Kumbaya before Trump (or before Obama) (or before Bush) or that we had some proactive evolving level of discourse is just silly. The divide has always existed and has grown significantly since people figured out how to monetize it on the internet and social media.

2. The actual division is a totally fabricated myth. In a link I posted on FB recently (tagging some members of this forum) David French, who is a left leaning author posted this article. The article gets deep into a faith based discussion but his overall point is clear and he uses a recent study to show how our division is a myth. This graphic shows on the top America's views on immigration, it's a fairly widely dispersed set of beliefs with significant overlap between what the Ds and the Rs believe on a spectrum from far left to far right.

The bottom graph is what democrats THINK republicans believe and what republicans THINK democrats believe... as a person who likes logic puzzles the obvious question is... Why is our perception of "the other side" SO VASTLY DIFFERENT from the reality? This doesn't just happen in a vacuum.. it happened because somebody wanted you to believe that "the other side" was this crazed group of extremists... the only 2 groups of people I can think of who benefit from making you think the other side is a crazed group of extremists.. would be the politicians themselves who use that fear to get elected... and the media/Twitter celebs/bloggers who use that fear to generate clicks and interest and make money...

It's not just immigration, here is gun control...

And I bet every other issue would lay out much the same way..

As I've read more articles lately about how the Ds and Rs have irreconcilable differences and we should consider cutting the baby in half and going our separate ways.. or contemplate the coming of the next civil war.... it's all BS, it's a fabrication and we are falling for it every single day that we allow them to play us against each other like they do..

Those with the power are winning, we the common folk are losing... and we're cheering for "our side" like they give a damn about us...

I think the actual is actual. I thing it is incorrect to use the term "perceived". I think the appropriate word is "legislative." Simply stated legislative positions are not aligned with the electorate.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Satire and sarcasm are absolutely passive aggressive ways to put people down. I'm shocked someone as brilliant as you didn't know this.

Churchill said "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results" - I am a big believer in that. No one said otherwise.

Seems to me that the protests and uprising after the 8:46 murder of George Floyd was caught on camera has so far attained some results previously unattainable. Would you agree? We now have to see how those results create change and what the impact is medium and long term. . . Have you considered that many of the folks most energized and mobilized and angered by the death of GF are angry because they 'know' that literally hundreds and hundreds of other "George Floyd's" have also been murdered at the hands of law enforcement over the past decades, but because not everyone was armed with cell phones with cameras until recently literally nothing was ever done. It's as if none of that matters or factors in to the way some people want to look at this.

I thought it was you - if not apologies - but I am sure you said we should not pay attention to what Trump was saying at his rally because we already know he's a moron... If you just start to look away and never comment on how he "leads" - then you are normalizing him and his rhetoric. Just how I see it.

Last edited by mgh888; 07/07/20 07:32 PM.

Legend
Legend
You tagged me on that in FB, and out if respect I didn’t comment but I obviously don’t agree with it.

For example, prove to me that conservatives don’t support a racist moron like trump.

Bet you can’t. I THINK conservatives support a racist moron in trump, because they absolutely do.

Just cause you post something by a liberal doesn’t mean we have to agree with it. I don’t believe it’s a myth whatsoever.

But if that’s the standard of credibility, when I start posting conservatives who agree with my point of view, you’re gonna take it as gospel, correct?

Just wondering what the standard is.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
#1774368 07/07/20 09:43 PM
Legend
Legend
go ahead.

the OP cant even stick to the intent of the thread though. at the end of the day, my side is getting what they want.

so oh well.

- Theodore Roosevelt
#1774371 07/07/20 09:56 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
We are no longer bros. Remember, you said you didn't "need" me anymore because new folks have jumped in.

I disagree that I can't bring people together. I have decades of experience doing just that as a teacher, coach, and community worker.

Not all will be converted and join in by helping others. Some will fight us tooth-and-nail because hate is the name of their game. Others will ignore it because they can't be bothered. Those of us who are trying to build a better world know what we are up against. It's not an easy battle, but it is one we believe in. The depressing thing is that I think we're losing. Hate, bias, and selfishness is becoming more and more prevalent.

Seems I am surrounded by hate. I have a neighbor who has one of those smokers and he uses it all the time. He screams out "f..... n....." when something goes wrong. I'm serious. Before we ever heard that, we invited him and his wife over to the pool a couple of times. He was attacking Mexicans. I thought my son might kill him, but thankfully, he just walked away. My wife was cool and I tried to change the subject. We kinda dealt w/that, but the f...... n..... comments put it over the top. He is no longer welcome here.

Recently, I told you about the day my daughter and her fiance got chased when they tried to get something to eat. My daughter is extremely liberal and does not have a racist bone in her body. Yet, there she was.........running for her life.

I'm sick of it. I'm getting old. There are times when I just wanna say F... it! Hell, I do say that and vow to stop fighting for others. But then, I feel bad and try again. It's getting harder and harder to deal w/all the ignorance and hate. The selfish crap upsets me, too. I was raised to believe that "You ain't better than nobody and nobody ain't better than you." I wish folks would think more about "us" than "me."

Legend
Legend
oh, dont think for a second i used "bro" in an likable way with you.

we havent been bros for a long time. as i've said before, you and i arent cut from the same cloth, and you have zero ability to bring anybody together.

also, if you're constantly claiming you're surrounded by "hate", the more likely issue is that in every interaction, there's a common denominator:

you. if no matter where you go, trouble seems to be around the corner, the issue isnt everyone else; its you.

but i dunno what thats like. i have no such problems, so you gotta discuss that with somebody else.

i also dont know about the day your daughter and whoever did what, cause i didnt read it.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1774374 07/07/20 10:17 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Resorting to taking words out of context now. LOL Dude is my neighbor. I didn't choose him as an acquaintance. And I did not choose to have some blacks chase my daughter. They just did.

And one day, you're going to regret driving me away. Because once you mature, you will realize how many others you have drove away w/your comments towards me and others like me.

The one good thing you bring to the table is that when I read your hateful crap, it encourages me to not give up the fight and to keep battling to fight all the ugliness and bias that some folks have. It's people like you and 40 who keep me motivated.

Legend
Legend
but you and your family did choose to engage with him.

its funny because im constantly told that we need to mind our own business, but then here you go, incapable of minding your own business.

he's got free speech in this country, right? he can say whatever he wants.

and why would i regret "driving you away?" lol, what is this, a lifetime movie now?

a dude who is constantly being surrounded by "hate" has zero ability to bring people together, because you clearly dont garner the respect from others.

i have a better chance of bringing the taliban to the table than you do of bringing anybody together, and i shot at them all the time.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1774377 07/07/20 10:25 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
We chose to engage w/him because he was our neighbor. We had just moved into the house and did not know about his political and social views.

As for the rest............you are revealing who you really are. Keep talking because more and more people are going to see you for who you really are.

Legend
Legend
if people havent on this board havent understood who i am by now, they never will.

and again, you CHOSE. key word there. you couldve minded your own business, but you chose to stick your nose into somebody else's, regardless of the reason.

you're not gonna get any sympathy from me when you do that.

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'd go watch another Indians game with Swish. It was tons of fun.

We talked more about life than actually watching the game, but it was a chill afternoon.

Proud to call him my friend.

Legend
Legend
yea, fun day for sure.

i make friends everywhere i go. far more than i lose, to the point that it hardly matters.

not trying to stunt but...ya know it be like that sometimes. im international. Vers isnt even successful as a domestic dude.

I'm BMW. He's Pontiac.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I'm Obama. He's Buchanan.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I'm Coke.

He's Mr. Pribb.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I'm german crafted beer.

he's Bud light.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I'd go watch another Indians game with Swish. It was tons of fun.

We talked more about life than actually watching the game, but it was a chill afternoon.

Proud to call him my friend.

So Rocket, you approve of his multiple insults and hijacking of this thread?

Legend
Legend
damn i can hijack threads now?

you giving me so much clout, bro.

we still aint boys though. but thanks for the clout.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Back on track: Bob Marley has always been one of my favorite artists. He wrote protest songs, love songs, social songs, and songs that tried to unite.

Here is one example of the latter:

Quote:
One Love

Bob Marley

One Love! One Heart!
Let's get together and feel all right.
Hear the children cryin' (One Love!);
Hear the children cryin' (One Heart!),
Sayin': give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right;
Sayin': let's get together and feel all right. Wo wo-wo wo-wo!

Let them all pass all their dirty remarks (One Love!);
There is one question I'd really love to ask (One Heart!):
Is there a place for the hopeless sinner,
Who has hurt all mankind just to save his own beliefs?

One Love! What about the one heart? One Heart!
What about -? Let's get together and feel all right
As it was in the beginning (One Love!);
So shall it be in the end (One Heart!),
All right!
Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right;
One more thing!

Let's get together to fight this Holy Armagiddyon (One Love!),
So when the Man comes there will be no, no doom (One Song!).
Have pity on those whose chances grows t'inner;
There ain't no hiding place from the Father of Creation.

Sayin': One Love! What about the One Heart? (One Heart!)
What about the -? Let's get together and feel all right.
I'm pleadin' to mankind! (One Love!);
Oh, Lord! (One Heart) Wo-ooh!

Here's the song:

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
The most beautiful women in the history of mankind did a cover of a song about Why we can't live together. Here are the lyrics and her rendition of it.

Quote:
Why Can't We Live Together
Timmy Thomas
Tell me why, tell me why, tell me why
Why can't we live together

Tell me why, tell me why
Why can't we live together

Everybody wants to live together
Why can't we be together
No more war, no more war, no more war
Just a little peace
No more war, no more war
All we want is some peace in this world

Why can't we be together

No matter, no matter what color
You are still my brother
I said no matter, no matter what color
You are still my brother

Why can't we be together

Everybody wants to live
Everybody's got to be together

Everybody wants to live
Everybody's going to be together

Everybody's got to be together
Everybody wants to be together

You're still my brother
You're still my brother

Why can't we be together

Gotta live together
Together

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 07/07/20 11:10 PM.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Dude, you insinuated that all black people are loud and obnoxious.

You think I take you seriously?

Give me a break.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Dude, you insinuated that all black people are loud and obnoxious.

You think I take you seriously?

Give me a break.

No, I did no such thing.

However, I didn't think you would have a problem w/his continuous insults and reference to me backing the KKK. And the beats goes on...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
It's getting harder and harder to deal w/all the ignorance and hate. The selfish crap upsets me, too. I was raised to believe that "You ain't better than nobody and nobody ain't better than you." I wish folks would think more about "us" than "me."

But the 'message' starts at the top and cascades downwards. Right now you've got nobody in the top echelon that can preach the right message (or lead by example)...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
It's getting harder and harder to deal w/all the ignorance and hate. The selfish crap upsets me, too. I was raised to believe that "You ain't better than nobody and nobody ain't better than you." I wish folks would think more about "us" than "me."

But the 'message' starts at the top and cascades downwards. Right now you've got nobody in the top echelon that can preach the right message (or lead by example)...

I agree and disagree. I agree if you are talking about Trump being a poor leader. Before the 2016 election, I said that he could provoke a race war in this country.

I disagree w/you somewhat because I think that we--as individuals--have the ability to control our own beliefs, values, morals, etc. Thus, while we may be surrounded and subjected to hateful souls, that doesn't mean we have to succumb to them and exhibit the same behavior.

That is why I made the thread, 32. I am not going to become hateful just because there are hateful people on both sides. Instead, I will try to point out that their line of thinking is incorrect and that we should "come together" as human beings who strive to unite rather than divide and conquer. There will always be hateful people on each side. But, the majority of us are not wired like that. We have to raise above them and their divisive behavior and messages.

mgh888 #1774465 07/08/20 10:25 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Satire and sarcasm are absolutely passive aggressive ways to put people down. I'm shocked someone as brilliant as you didn't know this.

The satire was more focused on the ideas and actions than the people, but I'll admit I was a bit irked after being called worse than the KKK and it bled into the post.

Quote:

I thought it was you - if not apologies - but I am sure you said we should not pay attention to what Trump was saying at his rally because we already know he's a moron... If you just start to look away and never comment on how he "leads" - then you are normalizing him and his rhetoric. Just how I see it.

Repeatedly calling him a pathetic, racist, fear mongering, greedy idiot is commenting on how he leads, no?

I don't think I said you shouldn't listen to it. I believe I asked something along the lines of what's the point of listening to him? Sadly, some people don't notice The distinction. The expectation was that it would be awful and incoherent. Transcripts are available which can be read swiftly instead of subjecting oneself to drawn out, hateful rhetoric and looking at a gloating cheeto.

Of course, people jumping to conclusions and refusing to consider anything other than an initial impression is something I should probably have expected by now as well.

Fiercely Independent.
Swish #1774498 07/08/20 01:06 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
You tagged me on that in FB, and out if respect I didn’t comment but I obviously don’t agree with it.

For example, prove to me that conservatives don’t support a racist moron like trump.

Bet you can’t. I THINK conservatives support a racist moron in trump, because they absolutely do.

Just cause you post something by a liberal doesn’t mean we have to agree with it. I don’t believe it’s a myth whatsoever.

But if that’s the standard of credibility, when I start posting conservatives who agree with my point of view, you’re gonna take it as gospel, correct?

Just wondering what the standard is.
You're wrong.

If you flipped conservatives with Republicans, then you'd probably be correct.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
the stats say im right.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yep, for some unknown reason, people aren't as abrasive when they meet in person and aren't hiding behind a keyboard. wink

Exactly.

rofl

One such guy even went to the length of insisting he pay for my meal.

naughtydevil

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Carry on all you like. Nothing will get better as long as Trump is in office. You dismiss that all you like. When and if he leaves the White House, get back to me.

I made a lot of valid points and all you did was side step it all. That's why I usually don't bother with making a serious attempt to address you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Swish #1774527 07/08/20 02:51 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I'm BMW. He's Pontiac.

Man that’s harsh. rofl

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Swish #1774534 07/08/20 03:08 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

So you are going to fix that by voting for the perhaps slightly less openly racist with a long history of derogatory sayings against blacks and passing actual legislation that has done almost irreparable damage to the black community and black families?

Quote:

You don't have to believe anything. I posted it because I believe it and tagged others who I thought might find it interesting and thought provoking. And the graph pretty clearly shows that what American's believe about issues and what they think the other side believes are vastly different.. so the perception of the divide isn't real.

Quote:

Nope. But I'll read it and give it consideration. I actually enjoy reading stuff that I wouldn't necessarily agree with.. and maybe I don't end up agreeing with it all, but I might get some good take-aways from it... and if you posted something for me to read, I would read it, if for no other reason, because I respect you.

That's my standard.

yebat' Putin
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Come Together

Link Copied to Clipboard