Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I'll post the article. However, I will provide a backdrop in case it's confusing.

DeSean Jackson is a WR for the Eagles. Stephen Jackson is a former NBA player and current social activist. DeSean made an Anti-Semantic post where he attributed a quote to Hitler and endorsed Hitler's feelings on Jewish people. He later apologized. Stephen Jackson has continued to berate Jews in yet another example of how freaking deluded some of the blacks are in this country.

Quote:
Stephen Jackson doubles down after supporting DeSean Jackson's Hitler post: 'Haven't said one thing that's untrue'

Jason Owens

Yahoo SportsJuly 8, 2020, 3:19 PM

A day after defending DeSean Jackson for his controversial social media post with a fake Hitler quote, Stephen Jackson isn’t backing down.

The former NBA player made multiple appearances on Instagram Live on Wednesday to speak his mind. He did not apologize for his stance.

“You’re upset with me because I didn’t say what you wanted me to say,” Jackson said, per a transcript provided by The Athletic’s Fred Katz.

He then promoted an anti-Semitic trope when challenged by a follower.

‘You know who the Rothschilds are?’

“The point is, you did not just say to me that Jews are not trying to divide the black community," the person who joined Jackson’s session said.

"You know that for a fact?” Jackson responded … “You know who the Rothschilds are? They own all the banks. ...

“I haven’t said one thing that’s untrue yet."

The Rothschilds are a wealthy Jewish banking dynasty. The stereotype that Jewish people run “all the banks” is a longstanding anti-Semitic trope.

‘He was speaking the truth’

Jackson’s comments Wednesday arrive after he supported DeSean Jackson’s anti-Semitic Instagram post.

“So I just read a statement that the Philadelphia Eagles posted regarding DeSean Jackson’s comments,” Jackson said Tuesday. “He was trying to educate himself, educate people and he’s speaking the truth. Right? He’s speaking the truth. You know he don’t hate nobody, but he’s speaking the truth, the facts that he know and try to educate others.”

The original post made by DeSean Jackson cited a quote that he believed to be from Adolf Hitler that referred to Black people as “the real children of Israel” and allegedly cited Hitler’s plan to incite World War III from his grave. Snopes uncovered the passage as part of a clickbait campaign from 2017.

DeSean Jackson has apologized multiple times for the post.

Stephen Jackson followed up his initial defense of the post on Tuesday with another message on Instagram declaring “your races pain doesn’t hurt more than the next races pain.”

Jackson lashes out at critics

Jackson received widespread backlash for his stance and addressed critics in a second Instagram Live appearance Wednesday.

“Everybody that thinks I got hate,” Jackson said. “I know how to stand for my people and love my people without demeaning another race. ...

“That’s how they do it. Y’all don’t control me. Y’all don’t control me.”

Jackson was a prominent voice in the aftermath of George Floyd’s homicide. A friend of Floyd’s, Jackson was a frequent speaker at rallies and advocate for social justice.

On Wednesday he called for people expressing outrage at his anti-Semitic remarks to reserve that energy for injustice in the Black community.

“I just hope y’all keep that same energy when the Blacks get murdered,” Jackson said. “When Black people get murdered on the streets, keep that same energy.”

He also said that he’s not anti-Semitic, blaming social media for trying to “control my narrative.”

“I”m not anti-Semitic,” Jackson said. “Whatever that is, I’m not it. I love Jews. I love all races.”
Jackson’s support of Louis Farrakhan

Jackson then said he has been learning how to lead from Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam, a group the Southern Poverty Law Center designates as “deeply racist, anti-Semitic and anti-LGBT.”

“I’m a fan of minister Farrakhan because nobody loves Black people more than him,” Jackson said. “He hasn’t told me to hate somebody one time. He’s teaching me how to be a leader.

“Just because you don’t like him, doesn’t mean I’m gonna not like him.”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/stephen-jac...-191952252.html

P
Legend
Legend
P
Out of all the Anti-Semitism that goes on in this country and this is what you have chosen to focus on. Hmmm...

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Antisemitism is bad.

Quote:
how freaking deluded some of the blacks are in this country.

...but this part of your post is straight up racism.

Don’t fight hate with hate.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He doesn't think he's actually doing that. Don't interrupt him, he's on a roll.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Yep.

We have a post from him insinuating that black people are loud and obnoxious.

We also have another post from him claiming he's done more for black Americans than the very black Americans who post on this forum.

Now he's talking about two idiotic individuals throwing out Semitic comments, but wants to make some point about stupid black Americans...?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe with all of those things he's done for the black community one of them should have been to teach them to less loud and obnoxious? Since that seems to be an issue with him and all.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Refs, what did I say that warranted my post to be deleted?

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Maybe with all of those things he's done for the black community one of them should have been to teach them to less loud and obnoxious? Since that seems to be an issue with him and all.

I never said that. Rocket made that up.

But, I am not surprised that you chose to attack me instead of address the issue.

Drew Brees got slammed for saying he respects the flag, but these guys spew hate and it is ignored. Real tired of the double standard hypocrisy the BLM has brought to us.

Fighting hate w/hate is not going to be successful.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe you should go start a thread in the ref's forum again.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

Receipts are fun.

I'll be back.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You seem to be doing a great job of finding the exception to the rule rather than pointing out the rule itself without any help from me.

Just because I point out how you ignore all of it from one side, which happens all the time, while pointing out the other side which for the most part fights against it, is nothing more than an obvious observation.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Another lie.

I am also surprised that Rocket was not suspended for the "Burning the cross" comment. Y'all cross the boundaries.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You mean we cross "what you see" as boundaries. You sometimes cross what I see as boundaries as well but I'm not going to sit here and whine about it.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
No, you will just lie, attack, and slander. You have no problem w/Swish posting an article about a white guy using a BB gun in the Come Together thread. You also had no problem w/him saying things about me and Bull supporting the KKK and being good w/black people being murdered. Yet, you trash me multiple times daily.

Another thing, when I asked that Milk not post so many articles that would divide us, you jumped in and said we had to bring attention to the injustices. Yet, here you are.........trashing me for bringing attention to blacks supporting Hitler and promoting Antisemitism.

You guys disgust me. And I guarantee you that you are disgusting a whole lot of folks who won't say a word, but their vote might say more.

Keep fighting hate w/hate.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

What I've learned after seeing the only three people who have posted on this thread until this one is that I'm SO happy I don't know any of you in real life. And frankly, feel sorry for anyone that does.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
No, you will just lie, attack, and slander. You have no problem w/Swish posting an article about a white guy using a BB gun in the Come Together thread. You also had no problem w/him saying things about me and Bull supporting the KKK and being good w/black people being murdered. Yet, you trash me multiple times daily.

Another thing, when I asked that Milk not post so many articles that would divide us, you jumped in and said we had to bring attention to the injustices. Yet, here you are.........trashing me for bringing attention to blacks supporting Hitler and promoting Antisemitism.

You guys disgust me. And I guarantee you that you are disgusting a whole lot of folks who won't say a word, but their vote might say more.

Keep fighting hate w/hate.

tsktsk

There you go again calling truth, hate just to try and silence the truth. It won't work.

How many black people have shot Jews in their Synagogues? How many blacks have marched with assault rifles yelling "Jews will not replace me!"? How many black people have been members of organizations like the KKK who have committed violence and hatred against the Jews for generations? How many blacks fly the Nazi flag?

Once again i will state, you only posted this to stir up trouble. You only posted it to bring attention to the exception to the rule rather than the rule itself.

Your tactics won't work. If you want to see what hate looks like, read that post of yours I just quoted.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Vers, smdh about what you said and how it sounds. Nobody is picking on you, only pointing it out.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Oh please. I have supported black people for ages. Not one of you guys offered to help in any way when I was trying to start the Community Service organization for black people here in Columbia, SC. Money talks. BS walks.

I don't believe in fighting hate w/hate. I believe in education. I believe in working hard. I believe in telling our black children that they can succeed and do not need to rely on handouts, gang-life, sports, or music. It's great for those who can succeed in entertainment, but most will not. I believe in treating them equally. Furthering their education and job opportunities. I do not believe in handouts. I think handouts keep minorities down. I also believe in accountability. Not one of the folks who are the black voices on here ever address accountability. It's always someone else's fault. You can't reason w/such nonsense.

I will say this to white people on here who might be sick of some of the messages being bombarded upon us on here. Most blacks are not like that. They want to work hard. They are accountable. There are successful blacks across the nations. More than we can count. Doctors, School Superintendents, attorneys, Principles, Engineers, Nurses, Teachers, Business owners, etc, etc.

The opportunities are there. Encouraging blacks to escape the ghettos by educating themselves and working hard should be the focus. Not by denouncing Jews. Not by looting. Not by rioting. Not by setting fires. Not by asking for wealth distribution. Earn what you get. I believe in blacks and their ability to be successful. I will not condone or support poor behavior, bias, and hate.

If you think that makes me a racist, so be it!!!

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Quote:

Receipts are fun.

I'll be back.

I'm still waiting...

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Here you insinuate that black people are loud and obnoxious.

I already provided you a receipt the other day where you claim you've done more, and you continue to go off about it in this thread.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Thanks for posting. What you are claiming and what I said are two different things. There is nothing in there about being obnoxious or loud.

There is something in there about them complaining a lot. And quite a few do. Anyone who is in the workplace knows that.

We had a student teacher who who would spend all day on her phone. Texting. If the kids would approach her, she would snap at them. A couple of us went to our administrators to complain. We were told that she would just start trouble about racial discrimination and that we had to give her positive evaluations.

Here is the thing that you seemingly do not get. There are good white people and bad white people. There are good black people and bad black people.

Making broad generalizations are the sign of ignorance and bias.

Btw...............how were you not suspended for saying I was into burning crosses on black people's lawns? LOL.........that is as bad as it gets.

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
One more thing.................I still maintain I have done more to help blacks than anyone on this board. The fact that you find that unbelievable says a lot about you. Do you think Antonio Brown does more for blacks than Chris Long?

A lot of what I have done for blacks is due to opportunity. Swish doesn't even work. I do work. And I CHOSE to leave the highest income per capita in the entire state of Ohio for an inner-city alternative school in E. Cleveland. We had armed guards, metal detectors, dogs, and a ton of gang members. We went through staff like crazy because most people could not handle the violence and stress.

I have also done a ton of stuff in community programs. A ton!

I'm sick of you acting like I have no right to say what I did. Like I have said before, when I tried to start the Community Service program here in SC, not one of you "mouths" offered to help. You just continue to slander anyone who doesn't agree exactly w/your message. No matter what you say............you can't take away what I have done.

Furthermore, I will continue to help the minority communities. They need help. However, I am going to fight hateful souls like that little gang of yours every step of the way because I think you are actually retarding the progress of minorities.

Let me guess, you will turn that comment into me calling all minorities retards?

Legend
Legend
rofl

rent free, baby! rent freaking free.

also, the more you repeat that trash ass claim that you've done more for blacks, the more you justify me absolutely ripping you to shreds in the PP thread.

you're a joke and continue to be one. i despise wannabe saviors like you.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Great. And I despise you because you are exactly the faction of the black community that helps hold them down.

Legend
Legend
thats hilariously false but keep trying, savior lmfao.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
anyways,

jc

as ive made clear, i hate farrakhan. he's a certified racist, and i dont like the nation of islam whatsoever in my community.

sad that Djax decided to quote the guy.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
What bothers me is that no one is even talking about Antisemitism. Six million were murdered by Hitler and the Germans. They have faced persecution for centuries. And even Americans despise them because they somehow know how to accumulate wealth. We don't need hateful idiots lashing out and bringing more negative attention their way. It's crap like that that leads to further persecution and even more violent actions against Jewish people.

Legend
Legend
we talk about antisemitism all the time in this country.

stop making things up. good lord....

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I was talking about this thread, genius.

Legend
Legend
we talk about antisemitism on this board all the time.

way to pay attention, savior.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Once again, you and your goons are talking about me and no one is willing to talk about the persecution of Jews.

Legend
Legend
who brought up who in this thread?

youre the one who cant keep my name out of your mouth. if you did, i wouldnt even be here.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Quote:
Seventy-Five Years After Auschwitz, Anti-Semitism Is on the Rise

You can manage a chronic disease, treat it, or prevent its complications—but you can rarely cure it.

January 27, 2020
Walter Reich
Professor and former director of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum

On January 27, 1945, Soviet troops liberated Auschwitz. The date is now consecrated as International Holocaust Remembrance Day, as the world vowed never to allow murderous anti-Semitism to recur. Yet 75 years later, attacking Jews has once again become socially acceptable in many countries—across the left-right ideological spectrum, and among different groups that blame Jews for their grievances and oppression.

The recent eruptions of anti-Semitism in America have awakened us to a prejudice that has long resided, in quiet ways and in many forms, in this country. And the part of it that now disguises itself as anti-Zionism—hatred of the Jewish state that was established in the wake of the Holocaust as a refuge for Jews—has even seemed, to some, virtuous, a sentiment they believe puts them in humanity’s moral vanguard.

And anti-Semitism has returned, in part, because the general public’s knowledge about the Holocaust—of what exactly it was, who exactly was murdered in it, how many were killed, and how anti-Semitism spawned it—has diminished. For a time, that knowledge discredited anti-Semitism and those who indulged in it. But the passing of survivors who experienced the Holocaust and could testify to it, the denial and minimization of the Holocaust, and the hijacking of the word itself to advance numerous other causes, great and small, all combined to diminish its memory. The horrifying knowledge of where anti-Semitism can lead has been, in large measure, lost in a miasma of forgetting, ignorance, denial, confusion, appropriation, and obfuscation.
More Stories

As a former director of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, many of whose uncles, aunts, and cousins, and a grandmother, were murdered in the Holocaust; as a professor who has taught a generation of students about the memory of the Holocaust; as a psychiatrist who is well aware of humanity’s repertoire of hatred and brutality; as a professor of international affairs; and as a student of Jewish history who is deeply aware of the many times masses of Jews were murdered or expelled simply because they were Jews, I watch anti-Semitism’s global resurgence, so soon after the Holocaust, with alarm and foreboding. Could murderous anti-Semitism, on a large scale, resume in our time? Could “never again,” vowed so solemnly and so repeatedly after the Holocaust, revert to “yet again”?

What motivates anti-Semitism? For two millennia, the prejudice has fulfilled needs—psychological, theological, national, and social—that have multiplied and mutated:

The need to find an explanation for a variety of misfortunes. What better and more coherent explanation is there than a conspiracy? And what more logical conspiracy is there—depending on the place and century—than the existence of a small group that, plotting in secret, poisons wells or manipulates money or controls governments or causes wars and all manner of other catastrophes and difficulties?

The need to condemn a minority whose members obstinately refuse to accept the majority’s religion, or whose role in that religion’s narrative is evil.

The need to distrust and ostracize a minority whose members act differently, don’t assimilate fully into the larger culture, and have their own customs and practices.

The need to unify the majority group by identifying a common enemy, especially an enemy within.

The need to explain a minority’s material or national success, especially by a majority whose members feel that that success has come at their expense.

The need for some members of other minority groups to find a reason for the difficulties they experience, such as poverty and oppression.

Why were Jews the group that was most regularly identified, in the lands and communities they’ve inhabited, as fulfilling one or more of these needs? The most likely reasons are historical and psychological:. When Jews were first identified as fulfilling some of these needs, they were branded as villains. Over time, that branding was repeatedly reinforced so that Jews became the usual suspects—the group that immediately came to mind when a new need arose to find explanatory villains.

So why the resurgence of anti-Semitism today?

Anti-Semitism is useful in the current moment in both Europe and America. For some on the right, it can fulfill the need for a national, religious, or ethnic agenda. And for some on the left, it can fulfill the need to establish virtue, particularly when it’s connected with anti-Zionism.

In Arab and Muslim lands, anti-Semitism is often expressed as both hatred of Jews and hatred of Israel, and is very frequently bolstered by Holocaust denial. Delegitimizing the Jewish state can serve as a means to reverse the humiliation, degradation, and oppression of Muslims.

In Eastern Europe, right-wing, nationalist parties have taken control, often rewriting Holocaust history, and often with the support of groups that are strongly anti-Semitic and have adopted Nazi slogans and agendas. In Western Europe, anti-Semitism is found among right-wing forces; within political parties on the left, especially in Britain; and among elements of the Muslim community.

But for now, the democracies of Western Europe are strong enough to withstand the pressure. And in America, the episodes of anti-Semitic speech and violence, though they’ve greatly proliferated in the past few years, have begun to mobilize communities and governmental agencies to protect Jews from violence. This won’t stop anti-Semitism’s continuing growth, but it will control it. Despite a long history of bias at many levels, from academia to boardrooms, Jews in America have established themselves during the past century in every sphere of American life, and the American tradition of tolerance will remain far more powerful than its manifestations of prejudice.

So although Jews face ongoing violence, it is not of a level that will, in the foreseeable future, result in massive death. In Europe and the United States, there might be limited outbursts. Should Iran develop nuclear weapons, it could, in a moment of irrationality, launch them to try to obliterate the Jewish state, which its leaders repeatedly have vowed to destroy and which is home to nearly half of the world’s Jews; but Iran’s fear that it could be devastated in return by a nuclear-armed Israel would almost surely keep such a cataclysmic possibility in check. In short, despite the rise in worldwide anti-Semitism, a repeat of the Holocaust—major mass murder—is, though possible, unlikely in the foreseeable future.

As we mark the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz, I wish I could be more upbeat than that. But I’m not. I’m a physician. I know that one can manage a chronic disease, one can treat it, one can often prevent its complications, but one can rarely cure it—and one can’t ever be sure that it won’t become, at some point, catastrophic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv...he-rise/605452/

P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually I brought it up. I brought up Jews being killed in their Synagogues. About armed men marching screaming "Jews will not replace me!". About the KKK having spread antisemitism for decades. I said that you don't see blacks flying Nazi flags.

Actual crimes and hate spread about Jews that have persecuted them in this country for generations. I also mentioned how it was you who weren't discussing those actual things and rather chose to focus on something that hasn't brought about these horrific things.

But way to try and turn the tables.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
How many black people have shot Jews in their Synagogues? How many blacks have marched with assault rifles yelling "Jews will not replace me!"? How many black people have been members of organizations like the KKK who have committed violence and hatred against the Jews for generations? How many blacks fly the Nazi flag?

Once again i will state, you only posted this to stir up trouble. You only posted it to bring attention to the exception to the rule rather than the rule itself.

it's unfortunate that this whole thread has been about Vers comment and not about the fact that anti-semitism is a very big problem in the US and around the world.... violence against Jews is very real.

The hard right hates Jews almost as much as they hate blacks, the far left has been unapologetic in their support of anti-semitic language, Europe is full of it, the middle east goes without saying..

Julian Edelman, one of the few Jewish NFL football players, reached out to DeSean Jackson and offered to have conversations with him and to discuss what he said... he handled it the right way. He didn't go on a tirade about it but actually offered to help him understand. I applaud Edelman for doing it and I applaud DeSean Jackson for engaging with him.. both men will probably come out of it better people having learned something.

I've been much less impressed with the way others have handled it.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
So I pointed out where the vast majority of the actual problem with anti-semitism is only in a different way than you did. Got it.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
A couple of thoughts on what has happened since Jackson and Jackson made their comments.

Drew Brees was crucified for saying he believed in honoring the flag. Players, citizens, the media, etc blasted him for what he said. Yet, these two guys are echoing a message that is being echoed by others and those same folks aren't complaining. I find that very hypocritical.

When I find something so blatantly hypocritical, it makes me think deeper about why the hypocrisy exists. I think all hard-working, honest Americans may want to dig a bit deeper into some of the messages that are being sent and try to educate themselves on the end-goal. The answers might surprise you.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Tell us oh wise one what are those answers?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
R
Legend
Legend
R
That was a powerful article.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... DeSean Jackson and Stephen Jackson Support Anti-Semitism

Link Copied to Clipboard