Would you feel safe?

Nope.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Live! From sunny, San Diego!

Live, from his basement in San Diego ...... rofl

That seems to be the norm these days.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm working from my home office. How about you?

Tackles are tackles.
D
Legend
Legend
D

ROGER GOODELL
C, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Sports Business Daily reports the NFL considers Oct. 15 the drop-dead date for a 16-game season that could still be completed by February.

Oct. 15 would be Week 6 under normal circumstances. John Ourand and Ben Fischer report the league would strongly want any 16-game season to be completed by the end of February. In that scenario, regular season bye weeks would be eliminated as well as the traditional off week between the conference championship games and Super Bowl. For now, the league is still planning to release a normal schedule by May 7, but it will be constructed in such a way that allows easy reconfiguration. Ourand and Fischer's entire article is worth a click.

SOURCE: sportsbusinessdaily.com
Apr 27, 2020, 3:38 PM ET

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If things look good by opening day I say the season is a go even if no fans are present. I say they are though.

You cant underestimate the power the NFL weilds! They have alot of sway.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
[quote=MemphisBrownie]Live, from his basement in San Diego ...... rofl

That seems to be the norm these days.

Basements in San Diego are a rarity. No sure why, but it might have something to do with earthquakes. I just don't know of many houses that have them here.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt
If things look good by opening day I say the season is a go even if no fans are present. I say they are though.

They can sway all they want, I am not going to any games.

The Browns better do what some other teams have already done and give us season ticket holders a opt out for this season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: 1oldMutt

They can sway all they want, I am not going to any games.

The Browns better do what some other teams have already done and give us season ticket holders a opt out for this season.

I'm thinking that may become a league-wide mandate from the NFL. It's really the only fair approach to this debacle. I'll probably opt out when and if. It's enough to fly in from STL for all the games under normal circumstances, don't really want to do that in the middle of a pandemic.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

P
Legend
Legend
P
It will be rather ironic when the very same people screaming about wanting football to have a regular season end up being the exact same people who will then boycott the NFL for supporting and upholding peaceful protests.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Online
Legend

Five Braves tested positive including Freddie Freeman.

Mike Trout and his wife are expecting. He is very concerned and rightfully so.

I want to watch games. However, it may not be worth it. If I was a player and had family that I thought I would be putting at risk. Not sure if I would play.

This is a difficult situation. Lot of factors involved. Many people would be at risk inside and outside the locker room.

This virus at this point is out of control.

For those who have not been infected it is close to where we will all know someone who has. The risk of death is for real. The US is in deep and it is not like "it will just disappear."

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Five Braves tested positive including Freddie Freeman.

Mike Trout and his wife are expecting. He is very concerned and rightfully so.

I want to watch games. However, it may not be worth it. If I was a player and had family that I thought I would be putting at risk. Not sure if I would play.

This is a difficult situation. Lot of factors involved. Many people would be at risk inside and outside the locker room.

This virus at this point is out of control.

For those who have not been infected it is close to where we will all know someone who has. The risk of death is for real. The US is in deep and it is not like "it will just disappear."

I’ve dealt with COVID as a nurse. Now I have very dear friends that are COVID positive. A buddy’s family. He’s tested negative but his wife and two daughters are positive. Various levels of ‘sick’. He’s quarantined in his basement riding it out. Hoping for the speedy recovery of his family upstairs.
This will effect someone you know soon enough. Be assured of that.
Wear your masks. Stay home when you can. Be diligent when you can’t.

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Online
Legend

The United States is in chaos.

The lack of leadership has put the US square into the cross-hairs of this virus.

Until there is a vaccine and treatment. Thousands more will die. At this point it is up to each individual.

There is no safety net. Other people will do as they have done. Many will ignore all caution.

The telling stat to me was: "if a vaccine was available today 33% would not get vaccinated."

A high level vaccine will work to about 75% effectiveness.

So, people have choices to make on their own.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And their poor decisions will negatively impact many Americans and this nation as a whole.

And then people wonder why foreigners consider Americans idiots.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: bonefish

The United States is in chaos.

The lack of leadership has put the US square into the cross-hairs of this virus.

Until there is a vaccine and treatment. Thousands more will die. At this point it is up to each individual.

There is no safety net. Other people will do as they have done. Many will ignore all caution.

The telling stat to me was: "if a vaccine was available today 33% would not get vaccinated."

A high level vaccine will work to about 75% effectiveness.

So, people have choices to make on their own.

I will say I’ve seen much better adherence to mask rules locally. It’s been refreshing. The holiday weekend will inevitably drive up numbers because people just can’t not socialize. It’s so frustrating but it is what it is. Add alcohol to the festivities, masks drop, and social distancing with peer groups only gets sloppier and drunken voices louder... expelling more virus. So this weekend is going to be disastrous.
My hope is on the other side of this, in 3 weeks or so, the numbers start to go back down quickly. Masks work. If everybody sticks with it, and socially distances once again, the numbers should improve.
Fingers crossed.

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Online
Legend

I just don't see it. The crowd picture at the trump rally. Didn't see a mask.

The pictures I see of people at beaches. Not good.

I am not optimistic.

In fact I expect the numbers to get way worse. Schools will reopen. Many will return to school. I am sure schools will take precautions. However, large numbers even with caution will no doubt spread virus. Contact tracing will reach a point where it will not happen.

This was handled incorrectly from the beginning. And the price to pay for those mistakes put us here and will continue to keep us behind.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ivy League cancels football, fall sports, pushes basketball, hockey to Jan. 1 at earliest (report)

https://www.masslive.com/umassfootball/2...est-report.html

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Just received an email from the Browns and it allows STH to opt of 2020 while still retaining your seats for the 2021 season.

Your money can be returned to you or rolled over and applied to 2021 season tickets.

Legend
Legend
Browns communicate with season ticket members about 2020 season

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-communicate-with-season-ticket-members-about-2020-season

The Browns on Thursday communicated important updates to their loyal base of season ticket members and provided preliminary expectations for the upcoming season.

While plans in most capacities remain fluid, one thing is certain: This upcoming season will look very different because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Browns remain in regular communication with state and local authorities, health departments and other medical experts as they continue to devise their operational plans for the 2020 season.

Though the Browns and the NFL remain confident games will be played, the likelihood of them occurring in full stadiums is very low. There will also be new policies and requirements for fans to follow when they arrive at games, such as physical distancing requirements, mandated facial coverings for everyone in the stadium, robust cleaning and disinfecting protocols, and changes to stadium layout, seat locations and fan circulation.

Browns season ticket members have been offered the opportunity to opt out of purchasing season tickets for the 2020 season while still retaining their seat location and priority for the 2021 season, along with certain season ticket member benefits. Even if the members do not opt out, the Browns can't currently guarantee they will receive tickets to a specific number of games or for particular seat locations during the 2020 season.

Here is the letter Browns season ticket holders received Thursday:

We hope this email finds you and your family safe and healthy. We appreciate your continued support and loyalty to the Browns as a general or club seat season ticket member during these unprecedented past several months. We are energized by your passion and are diligently preparing to open the 2020 season with health and safety as our highest priority. We have been, and will remain, in regular communication with our state and local authorities, health departments and other medical experts, as well as the NFL, and are committed to following their guidance for our operations this season.

We are still in the process of developing our fan protocols and stadium operations plan for the 2020 season, but it is clear that the fan experience will be different. We have received preliminary guidance from the NFL (developed in conjunction with the CDC and national medical experts) regarding some of the policies and requirements that will likely be in place for NFL gamedays this season. These will include physical distancing requirements, mandated facial coverings for everyone in the stadium, robust cleaning and disinfecting protocols, and changes to stadium layout, seat locations and fan circulation. We will communicate more details around the stadium protocols and plan once finalized and approved. Please understand that these guidelines are fluid and may continue to evolve with the circumstances surrounding COVID-19 over the coming weeks and months.

As we are sure you can appreciate, we need to be flexible during this unique time, and while we remain confident that games will be played at FirstEnergy Stadium this year, the likelihood of being able to play in front of a full stadium is low at this time. It is also very possible that the preseason schedule will be shortened, and capacity allowances or game schedules may also change during the course of the season. We are planning for a number of scenarios and will share more information when it becomes available.

As we plan for the return of football this fall, given the current uncertainties, we are offering each season ticket member the opportunity to opt out of purchasing season tickets for the 2020 season and to still retain their seat location and priority for the 2021 season, along with certain season ticket member benefits this season (including merchandise discounts, mobile RedZone and access to membership services representatives). Any amounts paid to date for the 2020 season will be automatically applied to the 2021 season unless you indicate that you would prefer to receive a refund. Additionally, for season ticket members who are also PSL holders, all PSL rights and obligations will remain for 2021. If you would like to opt out of purchasing your season tickets for the 2020 season, you can do so by clicking here or the button below and we will be excited to see you in 2021. Please note that even if you do not opt out at this time, we are currently unable to guarantee that any fan will receive tickets to a specific number of games or for particular seat locations during the 2020 season.

We encourage you to call your Membership Services Representative at 440-891-5050 with any questions regarding your account, and sincerely appreciate your patience and support throughout this process. We will be in touch soon with further information, and we wish you all the best.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

Daryl with the Dad joke.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Just received an email from the Browns and it allows STH to opt of 2020 while still retaining your seats for the 2021 season.

Your money can be returned to you or rolled over and applied to 2021 season tickets.

Are you leaning in any particular direction?

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I opted out.

I didn't like seeing this... Please note that even if you do not opt out at this time, we are currently unable to guarantee that any fan will receive tickets to a specific number of games or for particular seat locations during the 2020 season.

I have two seats so twenty total tickets per year. Under the Browns original survey they hinted at giving STH extra seats to make up for the possibility of only being able to attend a select number of games. My concern would be I can only go to 5 games, but they give me 4 tickets per game. Hard pass on that option for me.

The other factor, what if before the game, Chubb, Baker, OBJ etc all test positive and I'm paying full price to watch a bunch of back-ups. Obviously, injuries can happen any season, but it just seems there is a high probability of players testing positive for Covid-19 this season keeping them from playing.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I think you made the right move, FWIW.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I think the Ivy League was the first to cancel their BB tournaments. They are now the first to postpone/cancel their football other sports.

Maybe learn from the "smart" guys? It sucks because I really, really want there to watch sports again, but I think it might be wise to be safer.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
On a side note, the Big 10 is committing to play only conference games. So is the ACC. I think this is just another step to NO fall season. Maybe spring?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
j/c:

I think the Ivy League was the first to cancel their BB tournaments. They are now the first to postpone/cancel their football other sports.

Maybe learn from the "smart" guys? It sucks because I really, really want there to watch sports again, but I think it might be wise to be safer.

Probably should. The advantage the Ivy has is they don't rely on sports revenue as much as other schools. Sports is a part of the experience, it isn't the experience if that makes any sense. All of those schools have deep, deep pockets.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Just wondering if any season ticket holders have been informed of refund procedure and timetable?

E
Legend
Legend
E
What happens to people who bought tickets from season ticket holders (stubhub, etc) but then the season ticket holders decide to opt out?

Is the team still selling/honoring those tickets?

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yes. I think Milk, W8, etc posted about it on the Games w/out Fans Next Year thread.

V
Legend
Legend
V
That's a good question.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: FATE
Just wondering if any season ticket holders have been informed of refund procedure and timetable?

I don't know about the timetable. We did get a note last week to get a refund or forward the money to next years tickets.

I elected to apply the money to 2021 tickets. I figured that money was already spent and gone.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I get that, Peen. I actually considered doing the same. But I don't even pay my bills early - I pay them on the day they're due... ain't no way a billionaire needs my money 1.5 years before he delivers the product.

I'm just curious because I pay with a credit card for the points. Capital One did me dirty when I was younger and I've been using them and paying off the card every month for years. I've stolen back way more than what the took from me lol. I wonder what would happen when I have a $9000 credit? Would they issue a check or bank transfer? I'm sure I would lose the points. I'd rather just have Jimmah write me a check...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: FATE
I get that, Peen. I actually considered doing the same. But I don't even pay my bills early - I pay them on the day they're due... ain't no way a billionaire needs my money 1.5 years before he delivers the product.

I'm just curious because I pay with a credit card for the points. Capital One did me dirty when I was younger and I've been using them and paying off the card every month for years. I've stolen back way more than what the took from me lol. I wonder what would happen when I have a $9000 credit? Would they issue a check or bank transfer? I'm sure I would lose the points. I'd rather just have Jimmah write me a check...

I don't think you would lose the points unless they credited your account. I probably should have thought of that. I use a Marriott Visa card. I like staying at Marriott properties. I pay all my bills through that card. I earn 8-10 nights a year just paying bills. Like you I pay off monthly, but once is a while I'll maintain a balance on there for a month or two. To spread out a larger purchase two or three ways or to toss them a bone every now and then.

great card. Low annual fee, points for every dollar charged, triple points at a Marriott property.

I maintain Gold Elite status. Give you priority check-in....late check outs, if the hotel isn't packed, the desk clerks give me upgrades all the time if staying a hotel that has several grades of rooms.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 07/18/20 10:12 AM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I agree w/you on when to pay your bills and how to properly use a credit card.

I use an online bill pay feature and I make sure that each bill is paid on the exact day it is due [excluding weekends] and I pay off the entire amount of the card each month. I paid interest when I was young and dumb. No more.

E
Legend
Legend
E
#1 rule of becoming rich.

Dont spend more than you make.
Pay off the debt when it is due or sooner if possible.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
It's also the number one rule of not being consumed by debt.

I never buy anything [other than houses or cars] that I can't pay off before interest kicks in.

I pay the cards off monthly. No interest ever.

My HVAC unit was expensive, but we got a no-interest loan through the companies lender where we just make monthly payments.

Same our big-screen TVs. I got this last one through Best Buy and they have no interest if you pay it off w/in 24 months.

Other companies like Lowes have similar offers. Paying interest sucks!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum A Real Discussion - The Season

Link Copied to Clipboard