Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
yep. they absolutely will.

and the counter attacks are gonna hit that much harder.

they have to REALLY hope we don't show up and vote for biden/harris, because they run the risk of alienating those still undecided for whatever reason.

i mean, can the right really start attacking a pro law enforcement female senator? yikes.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
I know if Trump and company make this about sex or race at this particular point in time, they will get slaughtered in November. Look at the protests, republicans can't compete with those number coming out against them.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
They'll try to drag out her prosecutor record as not friendly to blacks, watch. Dem progressives gave then that script.

Well to be fair - any and all scrutiny is valid and justified.

I think she will handle herself well. When I said 'attack dog' earlier, I qualified it and do believe it - she's not going to come out and be snarky and mean. She will be factual, articulate and make clear and simple points. I think in front of the camera and providing sound bites for media is going to be one of her strengths.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
great question, and i have no freaking clue.

as much as we all kinda get that Harris is the person that keeps people from NOT voting for biden, Biden's team has to be careful not to allow her to get too much airtime. the only leads to speculation that Biden really is that close to being off his rocker. on top of that, it would be hard to run Harris out front because she WON'T be debating trump.

so harris could come with some absolute fire, but then get extinguished out the moment grandpa walks on the debate stage and says something dumb.

so in my opinion, its the second option you brought up. If they keep harris at a couple notches above being a standard VP pick, then Biden can afford a few gaffes on the debate stage, especially since Trump is more than capable of sounding like a moron in front the camera himself.

she needs to go to enough events (i know we got covid so its hard for either side) to keep everything energized, as you said. but not enough where she's taking the spotlight.

keep that momentum, and let her explode on Pence on the stage. its only one debate, and then you can have her front and center up until election day.

but you gotta keep grandpa in front, at least until the 2nd debate.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
I wonder how long before Joe Feels Her Up?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Well how long was it before Trump felt up Pence? He came into office acting like a good little christian whipping boy for Trump on day one. And that was a sexist deplorable question, genuinely not surprised you posed it.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/11/20 05:57 PM.

Legend
Legend
for me, its a sigh of relief, because at least i know if the worst happens to Biden while he's president, we have somebody who can take over and still represent us at the highest level.

she's more than qualified to be VP, was qualified to be POTUS, and was qualified to be senator and freaking AG of her state.

her being a woman and minority basically checks the box of everything us liberals would like. quality officials and diversity amongst the workplace.

coolio.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think she was his best choice overall. After he narrowed the field to women only, considered the vacancy it would cause, and looked at how controversial the pick would be from all the angles. I don't think Trump has a nickname for her, looking forward to him attempting that.

Legend
Legend
You really believe Biden picked Harris himself?

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHA! rofl

Legend
Legend
Does any Presidential candidate make the choice exclusively themselves?

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
You really believe Biden picked Harris himself?

BAWHAHAHAHAHAHA! rofl
Did I say that? No. Shut up until you come with something worthy of the bandwidth. And practice saying President Harris. wink

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/11/20 06:08 PM.

Legend
Legend
and Trump already has a nickname for Harris:

Phony Kamala

lmfao. if that's the best they have, Trump is done.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
also, Trump probably should've dumped pence and went with Haley as his VP this election cycle.

i would say the potential consequence would be losing a portion of the evangelical vote....but then i laughed hysterically at such a preposterous notion that they would abandon trump for any reason whatsoever.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
If it had to be a Black woman I would have preferred Keisha Lance Bottoms.

She was one of my favorites as well. A very impressive person, a black woman, and from a swing state. But she is a 1st term mayor. She has a bright future but I think naming her VP would have been a little premature.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
Best pick he could’ve gone with

I disagree. One of the reasons to pick a black woman is to inspire the black vote. But if I am remembering correctly, during her presidential run she didn't seem to get a lot of support from the black community.

She is also from California which is going to vote Democrat regardless of who the VP candidate is.

I would have gone with Val Demmings. A black woman who both women and the black community can get behind and be excited about. She was really impressive as an impeachment manager. She has a better record as a district attorney than Harris. And she is from Florida. Picking Demmings might have been enough to turn Florida Blue. And I don't think Trump can win without Florida

Legend
Legend
I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton, but if Tulsi was involved, I would be voting for her. I liked her willingness to work the problem to find a grey area and her stance on foreign policy. Oh well.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Jester
Best pick he could’ve gone with

I disagree. One of the reasons to pick a black woman is to inspire the black vote. But if I am remembering correctly, during her presidential run she didn't seem to get a lot of support from the black community.

She is also from California which is going to vote Democrat regardless of who the VP candidate is.

I would have gone with Val Demmings. A black woman who both women and the black community can get behind and be excited about. She was really impressive as an impeachment manager. She has a better record as a district attorney than Harris. And she is from Florida. Picking Demmings might have been enough to turn Florida Blue. And I don't think Trump can win without Florida

Val Demings was never a district attorney. She was the Orlando Police Chief and was scrutinized by the public for Orlando Police department's excessive use of force during her time as police chief.

She retired shortly after a lawsuit was filed and went to court in which an 84 year old man sued the Orlando Police Department in an excessive force case that resulted in a victory for the plaintiff.

She has a lot of qualities to like, but she would have been a tough sell in the current climate.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Correction noted and appreciated - thanks

Last edited by Jester; 08/11/20 07:12 PM.

Legend
Legend
Pence jabs at Harris after she's picked as VP nominee

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/511584-pence-jabs-at-harris-after-shes-picked-as-vp-nominee

good lord somebody let me run trump and pence's campaign. they are already screwing it up.

you can't paint Harris as part of the radical left and expect it to work. They are really trying to run another 2016 campaign and hope to pull out a victory running a culture war.

man these dudes don't even know what's coming. Mike, Kamala isn't gonna debate you like a politician.

she's gonna debate you like a former prosecutor. and you're already showing you aren't ready for that kind of smoke. man oh man...

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

C'mon, 'peen, you're better than that.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
M
Legend
Legend
M
Open borders and abortion on demand ! LOL.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
... Trump is done.

Trump IS done. Harris seals the deal...

Legend
Legend
we will see.

im actually worried that the far left will do trump's work for him and whining about biden/harris non stop.

it hasn't happened, yet. but we will see. after 2016, nothing is certain, except that trump and pence already screwing up with the Harris response.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Actually the response I've seen so far from the left surprises me. They seem to be happier about her than him. Of course most of them came to terms to "Settle on Biden" before the VP pick.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/11/20 08:09 PM.

Legend
Legend
We are in the midst of the largest protest movement in American history, the subject of which is excessive policing, and the Democratic Party chose a “top cop” and the author of the Joe Biden crime bill to save us from Trump.

The contempt for the base is, wow.
4:40 PM · Aug 11, 2020

-Briahna Joy Gray, who previously served as Sanders' national press secretary

Legend
Legend
Left-leaning journalist Michael Tracey called Biden's selection a "nightmarishly bad pick in every way/"

"Kamala's presidential campaign was a total humiliating disaster. One of the worst of all time, considering the amount of unearned hype she received. Did everybody miss that, or what?"

Legend
Legend
"Apparently the answer to a movement for black lives is someone who helped perpetuate a lock em up regime while letting the powerful in Silicon Valley and Wall Streeters like Steve Mnuchin loot with impunity. Happy 2020," The Hill's Krystal Ball wrote.

Legend
Legend
"Biden going with the strategically brilliant move of picking somebody for VP who is despised by both the right and the left," progressive commentator Kyle Kulinski quipped

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
They'll try to drag out her prosecutor record as not friendly to blacks, watch. Dem progressives gave then that script.

That would have eventually happened anyway, whether the script was written earlier or not. It's politics. In fact, if they didn't (or don't) use that angle, I'd be more surprised- and see it as a missed strategic opportunity.

Take it as a given, for a moment. Now, the issue is less that it is being used as a campaign tactic and more about if it's effective or not. In other words, I'm not going to be all outraged that this is in the daily news mix. I'm going to be studying how much of an impact it makes. That's where the real story will develop.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
If it had to be a Black woman I would have preferred Keisha Lance Bottoms.

Strong person.
Sound candidate.
Zero national name recognition.

I believe name rec may have cost her the nod. Had Biden gone with her, I'd have been just fine with the choice.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Do you think anyone told Joe about this yet?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
"Biden going with the strategically brilliant move...

It is a brilliant move! Harris will give the campaign the vibrancy and energy needed to unseat The Donald...

O
Legend
Legend
O
3 of the 4 comments from the left that you posted were die hard Bernie supporters now turned pure anti establishment progressive dem trying to either take over the party or split from it. In other words we all knew they would hate whoever was picked not named Nina Turner or Bernie Sanders. In a few days we'll all move past it because we want Trump OUT more than anything right now.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/11/20 10:02 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And then former San Francisco mayor Willie Brown takes to the pages of his hometown newspaper to declare, “If Joe Biden offers the vice presidential slot to Sen. Kamala Harris, my advice to her would be to politely decline. . . . Basically, no one takes the vice president seriously after election day.”

....More from Willie Brown in the coming days! naughtydevil

O
Legend
Legend
O
The best part of this pick is that Katie Porter might be selected to fill her Senate seat! fingerscrossed

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
She's a cop and not nearly progressive as we need.

But she's not Pence or Trump.

Let's get back to arguing about tax rates rather than trying to legalize fascism.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Tucker: There are timeshare sellers more trustworthy than Kamala Harris

O
Legend
Legend
O
Well maybe we should check in with real republicans and see what they say:

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Here's a real conservative exposing the radical Kamala Harris:

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Kamala Harris is Biden’s VP pick.

Link Copied to Clipboard