Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1782362 08/11/20 04:08 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Man, it was bad enough when they stripped FoxSports Ohio and Sportstime Ohio out of their lineups in rate disputes ..... but they have also blacked out the NFL Network. STO didn't matter when the Indians were not playing, but since they are now playing, it's a big deal.

No one seems to have everything I want except Spectrum, (who I dislike) and DirecTV. (who I will never go back to)

Again, this sucks.

That is all.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
they stripped FoxSports Ohio and Sportstime Ohio out of their lineups in rate disputes ..... but they have also blacked out the NFL Network. STO didn't matter when the Indians were not playing, but since they are now playing, it's a big deal.

yt...that DOES SUCK!

Damn, fans can only take so much..

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
A
Legend
Legend
A
Wait...........NFL network is blacked out? Since when?

And STO is blacked out?

Is that just in your area?

Asking because I pay way too much for dish as it is, especially since I don't watch tv other than the 16 weeks the browns are on. Pretty much, the Browns during the season, and maybe a total of 2 hours of other stuff per month. MONTH, I said.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
As far as I know it's everywhere. The NFL Network channel has a big thing saying "The NFL has removed this channel ....." and Sportstime Ohio and FoxSports Ohio aren't even on my channel guide anymore. (they have been blanked out for over a year now)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

T
Legend
Legend
T
May I add that Time Warner Spectrum since 1981

Has continually, throughout the years, without fail, and without a break in the time,
been a company that does little, (oh did I say little?) I meant NOTHING! for the concerns of it's customers.

Since 1981!!! Always saying it's your fault all technology in the world doesn't match up with their bs connectors!!!

And of course, the other company had No problem whatsoever, in 2010+
Saying, "you have an appointment with spectrum? Well We will schedule an appointment for the "same time" and whoever gets their first, you install them". Think about it.

An angry thread against the cable company, by Ytown, ... If I'm, my age, and you' all have always been older than me, You've earned it,
(Maybe I've influenced you 0.0000001 percent over the years.) thumbsup

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
My spectrum has NFL Network...jus sayn

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yeah, Spectrum has all 3 channels.

I have liked Dish, but man, they are not providing what I signed up for.

A
Legend
Legend
A
So call them and tell them.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I did. I told them that if I don't have what I signed up for when this month ends, then I am switching providers. (and that they better not try to hit me with a cancellation fee, since they broke our deal)

O
Legend
Legend
O
Just a heads up, I recently switched from AT&T/Directv back to Spectrum over price jacking and I already regret it.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
DirecTV used to be the best. Man, their customer service was just out of this world.

Then ATT bought them, and .... well .... they could hold a monopoly on TV, and I would never go back to them.

O
Legend
Legend
O
It's so stupid that they offer these better prices to new customers only then jack your price 1-2 years in. I mean as hard as it is to get customers, I would think retention would be a higher priority.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I remember when they announced the AT and T / Directv merger. It was going to be a disaster for us Direct customers . Just like the Continental /United merger.. Our fearless Leaders do us a huge dis-service by looking the other way when competition is shoved under the rug. Has gotten to th point were you are at the mercy of Big Biz , or Big Bother .. Not a pretty picture.

F
Legend
Legend
F
I was with DirecTV for like 12 years, and recently switched to Xfinity. Already had internet, so for another $100 bucks I covered everything I was paying DTV $220 for.

Took a few weeks to adjust to, but we like it now. Voice remote is really nice, built in Amazon Prime, Netflix and YouTube into the Xfinity box is nice as well.

I just got tired of the rising price with DTV and the channel blocks when they get into disputes.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
I was with DirecTV for like 12 years, and recently switched to Xfinity. Already had internet, so for another $100 bucks I covered everything I was paying DTV $220 for.

Took a few weeks to adjust to, but we like it now. Voice remote is really nice, built in Amazon Prime, Netflix and YouTube into the Xfinity box is nice as well.

I just got tired of the rising price with DTV and the channel blocks when they get into disputes.

Ve had Direct TV for 8 years. Their lock on the NFL is what keeps me. If the NFL eventually makes another deal so we fans can easily watch our teams play other ways, I'll likely shop around.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Don't you have Armstrong cable there?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
I ditched cable years ago, but have had some form of live tv service for awhile, between sling, fubo and youtubeTV. YouTubeTV was by far the best one I used, and initially 40/month. They raised it to 50 and I decided to stick with it, because overall it was still a good value comparatively. They just raised the rate to 65/month and I said see ya. From what I hear, they also don't have STO right now. I don't know how they can justify that price increase when almost no shows are new right now and with live sports at a minimum.

I've just gone back to an OTA/DVR setup with my HDHomeRun. I'll ride this out for awhile again until a package shows up that has good value, and after some things have returned...

T-Mobile gave away free MLB.TV so I can watch the tribe that way. Good enough for me. They black it out since I'm in the local area, but a VPN takes care of that problem easy enough.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I just quit YouTube TV too. Raising it that much and adding a few garbage extra channels was ridiculous. I switched to Sling and I’m back down to $35 a month. I don’t get the NFL network, but with all the political crap going on in sports these days, I really don’t much care they don’t have it.

#GMSTRONG
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Yeah, the talking heads shows don't appeal to me other than for background noise while I work. Politics or otherwise, those shows get old.

When/if the NFL starts back up, I'll look into service hopping to get any games I can't pick up through OTA, like if on ESPN or NFL network.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan

Ve had Direct TV for 8 years. Their lock on the NFL is what keeps me. If the NFL eventually makes another deal so we fans can easily watch our teams play other ways, I'll likely shop around.

Yeah, that was what drew me to DTV, but the last few years I have been going out and meeting some buddies for Sunday football and wasn't watching the ticket at home, yet still carried it up until 2 years ago. tongue

I agree, about options, I really hope this pandemic opens the NFL eyes and they see they could make a ton off of people purchasing "team" packages, to stream just their team. Or better yet, pay per game streaming. Go to the site and pick which game(s) you want to watch and pay per game.

If they would offer similar options to cable TV as well as satellite, not just ALL games packages, but an ala carte option, they would get a lot of takers, that would offset the people that drop the all-in-one package.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
That sucks but all the varies systems have issues.

I have Spectrum. I brought them in 4 years ago. At the time, it was $180 a month.

I have 2 phone lines, high speed internet and the 200 channel package.

When I signed up, I had Epix, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, TMC and Stars.

SInce then, the rate is now $288 a month and they took away Epix and Cinemax.

The internet speed isn't what they promote, the phone lines have gotten crackley and the system often doesn't work right.

I'm dumping them for Phones and TV.. Gonna keep internet because I simply have no other choice.

Gonna try AT&T TV and switch to my local phone company for Phones,,,

The rate creep is horrible and no doubt, it will never stop.

so, what I'm saying to you is, the Spectrum grass isn't much greener,,,

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Can you use AT&T for internet? I bounce between spectrum and AT&T in order to keep the internet rate low. When the rate expires, I ask for the new customer rate again, if they refuse, I bounce. AT&T requires a year contract; however, Spectrum will buy you out if you choose to bounce back once you can hit the new subscriber rate again... stupid games...

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Don't you have Armstrong cable there?

Nope. Spectrum.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I use MagicJack for my home phone. It is VOIP, and is very reliable, and ridiculously inexpensive. (I will renew my service for $130 for 5 years when it comes up in April)

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
People still have home phones?
wink

When I signed up for DTV and internet (CenturyLink) they packaged it with a home phone line. One I didn’t want, but it made the package cheaper for some reason. The installer tried to give me the number. I told him I didn’t want to even know it. He seemed confused as to why I wouldn’t want to know my phone number. I’ve never had a phone hooked up to it and don’t know the number to this day.
....which actually lead to some issues early on. When I’d call for service or whatnot they’d ask me my phone number. I’d give them my cell phone number and they’d tell me I wasn’t in the system. It took multiple calls to get them to change my account to reflect my cell phone number as me, not the home line they foisted on me and of which I don’t even know the number.

2nd String
2nd String
I've had Direct TV for about 10 years and have decided that we are going to downsize due to the price. My son has Hulu+ and Disney whatever it is and seems to be happy. I've never had programming that would allow me to watch the Indians and they gave me the NFL package for free the past 2 years so could watch the Browns. I'm guessing the NFL season will be chaos this season so don't care is I don't see any games. I also have quit watching the news and don't miss it. If I need to know anything about what's happening in the world I ask my wife because she knows everything, just ask her. wink

I'm going to give the digital antenna a try, CBS All access and already have Netflix and Amazon Prime already. Sorry to say but I don't think there is any provider that won't milk their customers for as much as they can get.

The Constitution shall never be construe to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. – Samuel Adams
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
[/quote]

I agree, about options, I really hope this pandemic opens the NFL eyes and they see they could make a ton off of people purchasing "team" packages, to stream just their team. Or better yet, pay per game streaming. Go to the site and pick which game(s) you want to watch and pay per game.

If they would offer similar options to cable TV as well as satellite, not just ALL games packages, but an ala carte option, they would get a lot of takers, that would offset the people that drop the all-in-one package.

[/quote]

This.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Yep and people still build giant robots by hand as well wink

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Quote:

Yep and people still build giant robots by hand as well wink

Here’s the legs and pelvis of our current robot. It’s a bit of an older photo... maybe a couple weeks old. The job deadline got put off a year so we’ve been really dialing in on details and such since we’ve got so much extra time. We’re about to be at a place where we can put his upper body up into position. From there we’ll build the hands. One has to be positioned properly in relationship to the base. So having him upright will give us the right position.
We have a proposal out for two more robots for another city’s public art display. A big job with a BIG budget... one that’ll see a nice chunk of profit leftover.
We’re one of four finalists. Wish us luck.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
You do one hell of a good job with that bro. It's something I could never do. Congrats.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
You do one hell of a good job with that bro. It's something I could never do. Congrats.

Now if I could just shake this time consuming nursing career thing that I have to do... dreams.
Dream big... even at 48 years old... keep chasing it.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I could still run at 48 lol

Keep chasing your dreams buddy. You deserve to catch them.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You do seem to have too much fun building those darn things.

I don't know if you have kids or not, but I could just imagine a kid saying "Oh yeah, well my dad saves lives ...... and builds giant robots! wink

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I don’t have kids but my creative partner has a 12 year old daughter. A few of our friends that help out have daughters too. There’s a few boys in the larger friend/volunteer mix. All if them have grown up around our creative process. It’s only recently we’ve had a shop. Prior to that every weekend through the summer was spent in my creative partner’s yard building art for various festivals. The kids all played in the yard. A big tree house, trampoline, dogs, chickens and goats to play with. Some are starting now to lend a hand in different projects when their parents come to the shop. (Pre COVID) They all grew up going to many of the festivals with us over the years too. They’re deep veterans at a few. Most of them walk on stilts. Some as young as 5 walking on 4’ stilts fully costumed at the Oregon Country Faire. One is a teenager into the circus arts. She practices silk ribbon work. Like you’d see in Cirque du Soleil performers way above the floor hanging on long silk ribbons that they wrap around themselves and hang from. They’re a good group of kids. I often wonder about the stories they’ll tell to their children about their childhoods. Or the lives they’ll live because of our creative influence. They’re not my kids but it’s been cool watching them grow up.

[Linked Image]
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I just cancelled my Directv, going to go with youtube tv, it has everything we need except history channel and I will just watch it on my phone. Also no nfl network but amazon prime is streaming all 13 of those games.

Legend
Legend
We have Spectrum ( also known as THE Reds Broadcast Monopoly), and I am getting the NFL channel. Pushing ads for some sports tier upgrade for monthly charge. I would gladly trade a bunch of crappy channels for sports and Ovation choices. Would welcome an ala carte option or a chance to annually opt out of paying for some of the meat filler that we are charged for.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YepTheBrownsRule
Can you use AT&T for internet? I bounce between spectrum and AT&T in order to keep the internet rate low. When the rate expires, I ask for the new customer rate again, if they refuse, I bounce. AT&T requires a year contract; however, Spectrum will buy you out if you choose to bounce back once you can hit the new subscriber rate again... stupid games...

Yes, you can use AT&T for internet but it's slow.. More like a DSL line.. I can also get High Speed internet from my local phone company.. But again, it's DSL. SO, it's slower than Spectrum.

I think I'm stuck with Spectrum for Internet.. Probably go to Local for Phones and AT&T for TV packages.. Pretty inexpensive compared to Spectrum.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Maybe you should just move to Austintown laugh

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
My house weighs too much to move.

Legend
Legend
So do we willynilly

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... This (Dish Network) Sucks!

Link Copied to Clipboard