Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
So your answer is to stand up for the things you think are wrong. Got it.

Whether I like something or not isn't a matter of right and wrong. It's a matter of opinion.

Hypocrisy is wrong, which is why I said something against it.

You seem to believe that disagreeing with you is wrong. Sadly, lots of people seem to feel that way regardless of the validity of their beliefs. It becomes extremely problematic when people short-circuit to disagreement as their default response if they see someone as on the other side without considering their perspective and/or actual argument.

It's harder to stand up for what's right when both sides are being idiots. Picking sides and sticking to it when you know something is wrong is the coward's way out. Sadly, you and many other people seem to be okay with that.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You actually don't disagree with me. Your only point is the legality of it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You actually don't disagree with me. Your only point is the legality of it.

I disagree with your characterization of things.

Your "peaceful protests" are more intimidating than a handful of people standing around as in the first photo.

The legality was my only point that you're acknowledging anyways, but that was mostly expected. Well, I'm actually a bit surprised that you admitted even that much.

I'm tired of sensationalism, stereotypes, dogmatic holding on to BS rhetoric, and hypocrisy all around.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nobody is trying to exercise their right to vote at those other protests you mentioned. You do realize that "a handful" indicates five, correct?

And I'm tired of people downplaying things that seem to intimidate people from exercising their constitutional rights.

I guess in the end neither one of us comes out happy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nobody is trying to exercise their right to vote at those other protests you mentioned. You do realize that "a handful" indicates five, correct?

And I'm tired of people downplaying things that seem to intimidate people from exercising their constitutional rights.

I guess in the end neither one of us comes out happy.

There isn't a set number in a handful, but people that have to use their fingers to count do often think of five.

I expect this same outrage from you when a small group of Biden supporters are photographed outside a polling place.

I still haven't figured out how you determine when exercising one's rights is intimidating and when it isn't, unless it's based solely on whether or not they agree with you.

The idea that people are intimidated by disagreement may have some merit, but that speaks to a failure of communication or an inability to realize that it's okay to have different opinions.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
If they are ranting and screaming I will say that's just as wrong. If they are simply there to hand out pamphlets and show support in a subdued manner I have no issue.

"Just being there" isn't an issue.

Just an FYI

How many is a handful?
five
www.yourdictionary.com/Handful. A small quantity, usually approximately equal to five, the number of fingers on a hand. Something which can only be managed with difficulty.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If they are ranting and screaming I will say that's just as wrong. If they are simply there to hand out pamphlets and show support in a subdued manner I have no issue.

Just an FYI

How many is a handful?
five
www.yourdictionary.com/Handful. A small quantity, usually approximately equal to five, the number of fingers on a hand. Something which can only be managed with difficulty.

Talk about mountains out of mole hills.

A handful or two of people chanting "four more years" well outside a polling place is probably one of the least intimidating events I've ever heard of. I'd walk past them just as I do the other pollsters outside the polling place.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
A
Legend
Legend
A
You must realize who you are responding to.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Just an FYI

How many is a handful?
five

Just curious, How many dictionaries did you check before you found one that mentioned 5? And then the only one uses the extremely precise language "usually approximately equal to." Oh, and yourdictionary.com actually pulled it from Wiktionary which can be user edited. Merriam-webster, Cambridge, Oxford, Google dictionary, and dictionary.com; all have no mention of 5 (though that is a handful of dictionaries tongue .)

I'll try to remember that people are only supposed to exercise their rights in a "subdued manner," so that you're comfortable with it.

Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Yep sure. Let's see the squawking when ANTIFA or Black Militia stand outside GOPer voting stations with arms and chants... rolleyes

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Yep sure. Let's see the squawking when ANTIFA or Black Militia stand outside GOPer voting stations with arms and chants... rolleyes

And where in the article does it mention one single weapon? I'd walk right past them too.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I was going to ask where it said they were armed, but then I realized who I was going to reply to: A guy was calling for impeachment before trump was ever in office, a guy that, literally for years kept saying "soon, mueller report, russia, bribery, etc, ad nauseum. A guy with no cred, just hatred.

And I decided to not reply.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Someone on here is epitomizing lower emotional intelligence, and doesn't even realize it.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

The researchers found that individuals with weaker emotional abilities — particularly emotional understanding and management — tended to score higher on a measure of right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation.

Right-wing authoritarianism is a personality trait that describes the tendency to submit to political authority and be hostile towards other groups, while social dominance orientation is a measure of a person’s preference for inequality among social groups.

This describes people who identify as muslim or christian perfectly. all anybody needs to do is take a scroll through history to see how correct this is.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Someone on here is epitomizing lower emotional intelligence, and doesn't even realize it.

^ irony.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I wonder why my reply was deleted...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
Quote:

The researchers found that individuals with weaker emotional abilities — particularly emotional understanding and management — tended to score higher on a measure of right-wing authoritarianism and social dominance orientation.

Right-wing authoritarianism is a personality trait that describes the tendency to submit to political authority and be hostile towards other groups, while social dominance orientation is a measure of a person’s preference for inequality among social groups.

This describes people who identify as muslim or christian perfectly. all anybody needs to do is take a scroll through history to see how correct this is.

Anybody who knows history should know there wasn't much else to be. Religion was as much a part of life as ones means of earning a living, especially through the dark ages. It had nothing to do with personality or emotional intelligence.

Legend
Legend
yes it does.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Boy that article sure left you feeling stung didn't it... lmao@u

I didn't even read the article, but I know people who write like the example above have a lower quotient of emotional intelligence. brownie

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Of course you do... look how cute it is to be snarky and uninformed, that's why we have trump. Read the article. thumbsup

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Swish
yes it does.

No it doesn't.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
I'll try to remember that people are only supposed to exercise their rights in a "subdued manner," so that you're comfortable with it.

All that's needed is a little accuracy. But i know expecting accuracy from you is my fault. wink

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

Could it be the guy using the character attacks on posters based on their political views?

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A

Could it be the guy using the character attacks on posters based on their political views?

You shouldn't call ocd out like that, even though we both know.

Oddly, I've never seen you defend me when I get called a racist.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

You shouldn't call ocd out like that, even though we both know.

Whaa...

P
Legend
Legend
P

On a personal level, no. But I have stated many times that just because someone is a Trump supporter it doesn't make them a racist.

And actually when it comes to you calling people out on their political views, that's a general statement about you that isn't specific to any one poster. In case you missed it, you weren't the only one.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
Whaa...

Another example of higher emotional intelligence.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg

All that's needed is a little accuracy. But i know expecting accuracy from you is my fault. wink

I prefer to be "usually approximate." thumbsup

Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I'm glad that article 'touched' you in this way. thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm glad that article 'touched' you in this way. thumbsup

I think everyone knows that it was comically ironic that it was you who posted an article about emotional intelligence. Most of us politely stayed off of it and then you went ahead and mocked people by saying something like why is this thread being ignored, as if it was an indictment on others, when in fact, we all knew that it was freaking hilarious that you, of all people, referenced emotional intelligence.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 09/23/20 09:51 PM.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I'm only going to stay a while then I'll sublet to Rocket, he likes living in your head rent free too! thumbsup

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/23/20 09:59 PM.
Legend
Legend
Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Why? I would think you would like to see me hit in the arse.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think the article is skewed, but I do feel like people with more conservative beliefs struggle with their emotions. I say that as someone who has historically struggled with his emotions. Most of my family is very conservative, and we all struggle with our emotions. It is hard for us to process grief, sadness, and discouragement, and I think we struggle with anger as a result because we can't appropriately process emotion, and therefore get angry.

Now, on the flipside, in my lifetime experience, I also feel like conservatives, as a whole, are also more resilient. Not in a political sense, but in a day-to-day sense. That is the one flipside positive that goes against all the negatives of being able to effectively deal with emotion. I could be wrong on this, but I would be curious to see the depression and suicide rate of conservatives vs liberals to see if I am right or wrong.

I think the major flaw of conservatives when it comes to implementing their politics is that rage becomes more of a negative factor. I also think this is a big problem on the liberal side, but not quite as big as it is on the conservative side.

Conversely, I think that elitism is the bigger problem on the liberal side. I think that liberals have more of an ivory tower approach and believe that they are more intelligent and well-equipped intellectually than conservatives. Again, I think it's a problem with conservatives as well, but if I had to pick which side is worse, it would be the liberals.

This is all just based on my experience. For the record, I actually hate that we have "buckets" for liberals and conservatives. I don't solve everything one way. Sometimes I side with one side, and sometimes the other. Sometimes, I want to flush both down the drain.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I once had a good Conservative friend who lost half his brain to disease.

He is now a Liberal.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's what happens when people spend a lot of time around you.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
It's ok, I understand, friend. rofl

P
Legend
Legend
P
If you consider me a friend I would hate to actually be one.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Call me crazy, but I bet if the two of you met each other at a Browns tailgate, you would probably get along.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Call me crazy, but I bet if the two of you met each other at a Browns tailgate, you would probably get along.

Get along stick and smash each other maybe.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus People with lower emotional intelligence are more likely to hold right-wing views, study finds

Link Copied to Clipboard