A
Legend
Legend
A
Pathetic. Just as I predicted.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/leftists-a...K6I0t9oj9ZlaQ_s

From the article:
Quote:
Dana Houle, who identifies herself on Twitter as an adoptive parent who has "elected Democrats," sent out a series of tweets on the topic that began by asking, "Does the press even investigate details of Barrett's adoptions from Haiti? Some adoptions from Haiti were legit. Many were sketchy as hell. And if press learned they were unethical & maybe illegal adoptions, would they report it? Or not bc it involves her children."

Houle deleted the tweet following widespread backlash, including from Republican Sens. Tom Cotton (Ark.) and Josh Hawley (Mo.), but continued standing her ground. She wrote later, "I shouldn't have tweeted this...Not because it is smearing someone as engaging in child sex trafficking, but because I didn't realize all the rubes out there would take offense to it."

But Houle was not alone in her thinking.

John Lee Brougher, who identifies himself on Twitter as a supporter of several Democratic politicians and affiliated groups, tweeted, "As an adoptee, I need to know more about the circumstances of how Amy Coney Barrett came to adopt her children, and the treatment of them since. Transracial adoption is fraught with trauma and potential for harm, and everything I see here is deeply concerning."

So now this lady is covertly being portrayed as a sex trafficker? Does the left know no bounds???

Hey, all you have to do is put it out there,right?

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
My favorite quote from the article;

As an adoptee, I need to know more about the circumstances of how Amy Coney Barrett came to adopt her children, and the treatment of them since.

Transracial adoption is fraught with trauma and potential for harm, and everything I see here is deeply concerning. https://t.co/1o1ZHrOF4C

— John Lee Brougher (@johnbrougher) September 26, 2020

Does this mean the dems are against transracial adoption?

Who is John Lee Brougher? The tweets are not public.

~Lyuokdea
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea
My favorite quote from the article;

As an adoptee, I need to know more about the circumstances of how Amy Coney Barrett came to adopt her children, and the treatment of them since.

Transracial adoption is fraught with trauma and potential for harm, and everything I see here is deeply concerning. https://t.co/1o1ZHrOF4C

— John Lee Brougher (@johnbrougher) September 26, 2020

Does this mean the dems are against transracial adoption?

Who is John Lee Brougher? The tweets are not public.

They were. If you'd read the article, you'd know he switched his account to private after he got done being disgusting. Must be guilt.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Are you serious????????????? This is the depth they will go to to denigrate, annihilate, and destroy someone????

Me, no. I'm rarely serious. Those dems were when they posted that crap, though.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Ah - i clicked the only link that was in your post.

You are right, those comments are very revolting, and he should probably shut down his account.

I doubt he speaks for many Democrats.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 09/26/20 07:06 PM.

~Lyuokdea
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Senate confirmation hearings to start October 12 for Barrett

By Steve Holland, Susan Cornwell

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said the U.S. Senate will likely open hearings on his third Supreme Court nominee, Amy Coney Barrett, on Oct. 12 and he expected a full Senate vote before the Nov. 3 election.

Why the delay? superconfused

O
Legend
Legend
O
EXCLUSIVE: Supreme Court frontrunner Amy Coney Barrett hid her membership in the religious group that inspired hit TV show The Handmaid's Tale and teaches that wives have to obey their husbands in everything - even in voting

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...ious-group.html

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: fishtheice
Senate confirmation hearings to start October 12 for Barrett

By Steve Holland, Susan Cornwell

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said the U.S. Senate will likely open hearings on his third Supreme Court nominee, Amy Coney Barrett, on Oct. 12 and he expected a full Senate vote before the Nov. 3 election.

Why the delay? superconfused

Usually all senators meet with the candidate individually first...

This background process normally takes ~2 months, it is already being expedited.

~Lyuokdea
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

This background process normally takes ~2 months, it is already being expedited.

Thank you Lyuokdea, I thought some of the procedures could be dismissed since she was vetted, had hearings, and was appointed to the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in 2017.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Harvard Law professor Noah Feldman (witness at Trump's impeachment hearing) said Saturday that Judge Amy Coney Barrett “deserves” a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court.

"I disagree with much of her judicial philosophy and expect to disagree with many, maybe even most of her future votes and opinions. Yet despite this disagreement, I know her to be a brilliant and conscientious lawyer who will analyze and decide cases in good faith, applying the jurisprudential principles to which she is committed. Those are the basic criteria for being a good justice. Barrett meets and exceeds them".

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

Thank you Lyuokdea, I thought some of the procedures could be dismissed since she was vetted, had hearings, and was appointed to the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals in 2017.

Almost all Supreme Court Justices have been vetted and appointed to a previous Circuit Court of Appeals.

Roberts - D.C. Circuit
Thomas - D.C. Circuit
Breyer - First Circuit
Alito - Third Circuit
Sotomayer - 2nd Circuit
Kagan - Did not, was previously solicitor general of the US
Gorsuch - 10th Circuit
Kavanaugh - DC Circuit

This is a higher standard.

~Lyuokdea
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

Harvard Law professor Noah Feldman (witness at Trump's impeachment hearing) said Saturday that Judge Amy Coney Barrett “deserves” a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court.

"I disagree with much of her judicial philosophy and expect to disagree with many, maybe even most of her future votes and opinions. Yet despite this disagreement, I know her to be a brilliant and conscientious lawyer who will analyze and decide cases in good faith, applying the jurisprudential principles to which she is committed. Those are the basic criteria for being a good justice. Barrett meets and exceeds them".

The idea that "is qualified" is the only standard we are supposed to use when evaluating supreme court picks is a joke.

If you disagree with her views on ACA and Roe v. Wade, you should oppose her.

If you agree with her views on ACA and Roe v. Wade, then I guess you should support her.

EDIT: The Democrats also use this argument to support their own nominees, it is BS then too.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 09/27/20 06:32 AM.

~Lyuokdea
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I don't know, but I'm sure dirt will be dug, lies will be told, and the smear campaign will be on.

That's exactly what the Republican senate will be doing if they hold hearings. Either they lied in 2016 or they're lying now to steal power.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
EXCLUSIVE: Supreme Court frontrunner Amy Coney Barrett hid her membership in the religious group that inspired hit TV show The Handmaid's Tale and teaches that wives have to obey their husbands in everything - even in voting

Wrong group...

The inaccurate link between the People of Praise and Atwood’s story, perpetuated by a series of confusing coincidences and uneven fact-checking, first emerged in a Newsweek article and was later picked up by Reuters. Both articles have since been corrected, but the right was furious at both. The Washington Examiner called it a “smear that just won’t die.” Fox News noted several other outlets have mentioned Barrett and The Handmaid’s Tale in the same story.

https://www.vox.com/culture/21453103/amy-coney-barrett-handmaids-tale-supreme-court

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

Wrong group...

The inaccurate link between the People of Praise and Atwood’s story, perpetuated by a series of confusing coincidences and uneven fact-checking, first emerged in a Newsweek article and was later picked up by Reuters. Both articles have since been corrected, but the right was furious at both. The Washington Examiner called it a “smear that just won’t die.” Fox News noted several other outlets have mentioned Barrett and The Handmaid’s Tale in the same story.

https://www.vox.com/culture/21453103/amy-coney-barrett-handmaids-tale-supreme-court

So, is this EXCLUSIVE:....BS?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O

Wrong group...

Thanks thumbsup

So she is not part of the handmaid's tale group. But she is part of a group that believe she must do as her husband says... Shouldn't he also have to be vetted and confirmed since she can't be trusted to make her own decisions?

Legend
Legend

Wrong group...

Thanks thumbsup

So she is not part of the handmaid's tale group. But she is part of a group that believe she must do as her husband says... Shouldn't he also have to be vetted and confirmed since she can't be trusted to make her own decisions?

Joe Biden’s Teleprompter, is that you?

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Trump uses teleprompters as well.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Not to answer questions.

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
-Carl Sagan

Legend
Legend
Then Biden’s teleprompter better get to work, because someone keeps putting a lid on it.

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Not to answer questions.

donny just rambles on nonsensically until he steers the ‘answer’ back to himself and how unfair he’s been treated. He needs no teleprompter to feel like a victim.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Trump Supreme Court pick Amy Coney Barrett faces 'White colonizer' attacks, other criticism from left, media

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-supreme-court-amy-coney-barrett-colonizer-left-media-attacks

The video... just how many of our norms are democrats willing to break? smh

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Trump Supreme Court pick Amy Coney Barrett faces 'White colonizer' attacks, other criticism from left, media

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-supreme-court-amy-coney-barrett-colonizer-left-media-attacks

The video... just how many of our norms are democrats willing to break? smh

You're just now asking that question? LOL I guess late is better than never.

At the end of the day, there is zero reason why this nomination shouldn't go forward. What would Trump or the GOP have to gain by holding off? They certainly wouldn't gain the respect of anyone here by doing so. Since Trump was elected the left has proposed ideas like increasing the number of Senators, the Supreme Court, abolishing the Electoral College, etc all things that would fundamentally change the Institution, so you can't even say that the GOP should hold off in order to preserve the Institution or any other traditions.

And according to you guys Trump is nothing more than a narcissistic a-hole who literally doesn't give a fig about anybody else... so why should he care if people are pissed at him? I'll even admit that to Trump "famous" and "infamous" are as different in meaning as "flammable" and "inflammable".

If the Dems were smart they'd continue to paint her as a boogeyman on specific court cases and try to get a little political capital out of that. Past that? They really should shut up about this adding Justice seats if Biden gets elected nonsense. For the same reasons (or lack of) I mentioned above
why shouldn't Trump take them up on that idea and tell 'ol Lyndsey Graham to add 2 more from his list and get them seated before November? That would be 11 seats... even if Biden wins, good luck trying to sell the American people on adding more seats on top of that. Then you get to deal with a 8-3 court for the next 20-30yrs...

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I wasn't asking anything! I couldn't believe the things they were saying. The party of Trump talking about dems breaking norms! LMAO You can't make this crap up.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
The Democrats hurt themselves if they make crazy claims about ACB as a person. *

** This of course, would change if something verifiable and important came up in background checks -- like happened with Kavanaugh. There is no indication that will happen in this case.

Instead they should focus on the fact, that she is likely to make rulings on Health Care and Roe v. Wade that are very unpopular with the majority of Americans.

That, itself, should be a reason for Americans not to support her nomination.

EDIT: I also want to note that Republicans are being a bit ridiculously choosy here. The worst part about Twitter is that it is easy to find the **worst argument** that anybody on the other side has ever made -- and then "pretend" that this argument represents the other side.

Most Democrats, including important politicians, left-leaning median members, etc. are making the right arguments and are not leveling dumb personal attacks. But if Breitbart pretends that only the crazies exist, then they don't have to care about legitimate arguments made against ACB as a candidate.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 09/28/20 05:53 AM.

~Lyuokdea
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nothing important come up in Kavanaugh's back round check. That's why the "witness" couldn't remember where, when, who, etc. Nothing more than another failed fabrication.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Nothing important come up in Kavanaugh's back round check. That's why the "witness" couldn't remember where, when, who, etc. Nothing more than another failed fabrication.

You don't even have to debate the merits here.

If there are two named witnesses, who come out, and are willing to testify (under oath!) that the candidate committed a felony -- the senate should take a day to listen to that before appointing somebody (for life) to one of the most important jobs in the country.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 09/28/20 07:13 AM.

~Lyuokdea
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If there are two named witnesses, who come out, and are willing to testify (under oath!) that the candidate committed a felony -- the senate should take a day to listen to that before appointing somebody (for life) to one of the most important jobs in the country.

Two named witnesses that couldn't recall any details are not witnesses.

Legend
Legend

Two named witnesses that couldn't recall any details are not witnesses.

You're right, they're slanderer's.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Purgerers.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Instead they should focus on the fact, that she is likely to make rulings on Health Care and Roe v. Wade that are very unpopular with the majority of Americans.

That, itself, should be a reason for Americans not to support her nomination.

But very popular with Republicans, especially Republican women when it comes to abortion.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
At the end of the day, there is zero reason why this nomination shouldn't go forward.

In that case there is zero reason the Merrick Garland nomination shouldn't have gone forward.

The only question will be which one of these SCOTUS seats did they steal.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
At the end of the day, there is zero reason why this nomination shouldn't go forward.

In that case there is zero reason the Merrick Garland nomination shouldn't have gone forward.

The only question will be which one of these SCOTUS seats did they steal.

The Senate gets to advise and consent to the appointment. The Senate didn't want him. Get over it.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Technically, the Senate didn't do anything.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The Senate gets to advise and consent to the appointment. The Senate didn't want him. Get over it.

The senate's job is to hold hearings. They didn't do their job. Deal with it.

Stop promoting they do two opposite things and claim they have some right to act that way. And you winder why you were labeled deplorable.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Liberal women’s groups, Planned Parenthood rush to rip ACB, say she will ‘turn back the clock on equality’

"Donald Trump and the Senate Republicans want to steal another seat on the Supreme Court so that Amy Coney Barrett can help repeal Roe [v. Wade] and shred the Affordable Care Act – but not before she votes with a new, ultra-conservative majority to validate an election he intends to steal," the National Organization for Women said in a statement.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/amy-coney-barrett-roe-v-wade-supreme-court

Hair on Fire! willynilly

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING
Liberal women’s groups, Planned Parenthood rush to rip ACB, say she will ‘turn back the clock on equality’

"Donald Trump and the Senate Republicans want to steal another seat on the Supreme Court so that Amy Coney Barrett can help repeal Roe [v. Wade] and shred the Affordable Care Act – but not before she votes with a new, ultra-conservative majority to validate an election he intends to steal," the National Organization for Women said in a statement.

Hair on Fire! willynilly

I mean - aren't those the things that Conservatives (or Trump himself) say she is going to do?

~Lyuokdea
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

Hair on Fire! willynilly

I mean - aren't those the things that Conservatives (or Trump himself) say she is going to do?

That's what they said Kavanaugh was going to do, even though he was very clear he wouldn't. Has ruled multiple times in favor of precedent, even when it conflicts with his personal beliefs.

ACB could be a different story, though.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

The senate's job is to hold hearings. They didn't do their job. Deal with it.

Stop promoting they do two opposite things and claim they have some right to act that way. And you winder why you were labeled deplorable.

Um... they do have the right to act that way. Hypocritical? Sure. I don't see why more people are admitting it because it doesn't matter if it is. Is it dirty politics? Yeah it is and I said as much back with Garland.

So?

Sometimes I do wish our representatives acted in a more respectful, "Gentleman's Agreement" manner in the course of their business. But it was the lefties who sank that ship before Trump got elected.

It's why Trump got elected. I disagree with a lot of you guys on this stuff, but the difference between me and you, I don't think you guys are stupid. Which is why for the life of me to this day you guys still refuse to see how the behavior of the left and Democrats was the single biggest reason for Pres Trump to even exist.

You guys need to get over it. No one is impressed by your accusations of hypocrisy or calls for "Republicans to man up". Pfft! You guys have neither the moral or ethical standing to demand anyone be held accountable to you. None whatsoever. Every single one of you crying about how Trump isn't doing enough to "unify" have at one time or another explicitly or implied that every poster here who leans on the right is a:

-racist
-homophobe
-Nazi
-supports sexual assault
and the list of truly base, [censored] things to call people goes on.

For years you guys have done it without apology, without remorse, and with impunity... until Trump came along. Donald Trump's behavior is the mirror image of how you guys have treated anyone who disagreed with you.

The Republicans have ZERO responsibility to clean up Harry Reids mess. Cocaine Mitch warned him about getting rid of the 2/3 majority for confirmation. To quote Barack Obama's mentor the Reverend Wright your "chickens have come home to roost".

If none of that sank in then I'll make one final, simpler point:

You just called Erik deplorable because he stated a fact about process that you didn't like. I agree that it is dirty politics, but it is politics within their Constitutional authority. Instead of presenting a rebuttal based on the Constitution or law, you decide to level a personal insult against him.

Way to be the exemplar of civility and unity, a paragon of morality and ethics, a shining beacon that we should aspire to, and to be the change you want to see in the world. That nose bleed must be from picking it too deep because the High Road you guys think you travel on isn't as high as you think.

rofl

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Supreme Court Vacancy

Link Copied to Clipboard