Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
So, to play Devil's Advocate... Mary Kay's original tweet, the latest, and Njoku's can all be truthful. Her tweet did not claim that Njoku told her that. Njoku would be correct that he did not say that to her, and she can correctly affirm that this was not said to her by him.

That said... Mary Kay's reporting is garbage. She is Tony Grossi who is Roger Brown. They are muckrakers and trash peddlers. Period. The only real question is whether this is learned traits of the business, or if the PD directs them to conduct their column in this manner.

Either way, nothing written by any of them should EVER be construed as gospel. They've proven this over and over and over.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

V
Legend
Legend
V
What did MKC say about Cam Heyward? He sounds upset, as if his character was questioned.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Good points all the way around. She said something like according to an NFL source when talking about Njoku. She did not say Njoku said that. On the other hand, the rest of your post is also true.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
What did MKC say about Cam Heyward? He sounds upset, as if his character was questioned.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
V
Legend
Legend
V
A lot of NFL guys aren't good speakers. I get what he meant by "...good punishment..." He used the word "good" to mean legal. He wasn't talking about being dirty.

It's a man's game. When I was in college, I was coming off of a concussion and an ankle. At the bottom of the pile, I had dudes thumping my head and twisting my foot on every single pile up where there were multiple players. I didn't even complain because it was what it was. In fact, it just provided extra motivation to kick their asses.

Legend
Legend
J/c

I agree w/Vers and Rish and others: the skill guys have to be frustrated. Baker’s basically the worst QB in the NFL (despite being given a King’s ransom of talent).

The OL did not play well at all against Pitt, but Baker never raises the level of those around him. It would get tiring honestly.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I don’t blame him. He’s a free agent after this year and isn’t getting very much work on Sundays. I would want to maximize my value too. The problem is he has underperformed to the point that any value that he brings to the team is greater than the value we would receive in a trade.

In our Opener he was used then got hurt early on...4 games later he comes back and gets hurt again. How can he complain about not getting reps. He lost reps do to injury and he didn't establish himself as the Rookie progressed - The minute we drafted Bryant I stated to all that Njoku would be here for this season only and Bryant would replace him. Of course the injuries has brought that on sooner. I'm sure we would have wanted Njoku to stud out before we traded him.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think Njoku's response tweet was very carefully worded.

That said, I'm never one to stand in the way of some good MKC bashing. I find it hilarious that she comes back with "I can confirm this 100%"... and then doesn't.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Her "confirm 100%" statement is merely saying that HE did not say that to her. He saying as much IS the confirmation. Her original tweet was her saying that "a league source" told her. Again, all can be true.

I don't know if I believe Njoku is savvy enough to have that a tweet be carefully worded in that manner.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Trading away your #3 TE isn't a big deal.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Joke can't even be considered a good decoy anymore.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
TE David Njoku still wants the #Browns to trade him by the Nov. 3 deadline.

Do it, Mr. Berry.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
This team has a ton of talent. I hope that these guys all stick it out and either Baker improves or we go another direction next year. I don't want to lose the likes of OBJ and Landry.

We're close. Good QB, LBer, and S play and we could be a dominant team.

I hope all the guys realize that, but I do get that you gotta put up numbers when you can to get the cash.

At $15-17M per year each, I would say Beckham and Landry have gotten their cash. Would it be too much to ask for Odell to keep his damn cleats on until the game is over? Or how about not throwing tantrums on the sideline when things go south, as if you are playing your ass off and its everyone else that sucks?

Legend
Legend
I’m not a huge fan of the cleat removal either. At the end of the day it’s pretty irrelevant, but it’s so petty haha.

I get it .. Baker sucks and we don’t get you the ball like we should (what was it, 2 catches for like 20 yards? That’s unacceptable). But doing that stuff just draws bad attention to yourself too

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
I’m not a huge fan of the cleat removal either. At the end of the day it’s pretty irrelevant, but it’s so petty haha.

There were 8 minutes left in the game. Its not "petty" when you are, in effect, telling your teammates that you're done for the day even if they get the ball back and have to take the field again.

We talk about "culture" here all the time, and here we have a guy that younger players look to for leadership - he's a Top 5 WR in the league - and he basically said "I'm here, but I'm not one of you.".

Last edited by Dave; 10/20/20 11:27 AM.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Don’t you think the coach told him he was done for the day? A bunch of our starters got pulled.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't disagree with you, but on the list of issues to worry about, it's pretty low, IMO.

I hope it gets addressed, but I hope KS doesn't make a big deal out of it. It's a thin line he has to walk. The culture shouldn't condone such behavior, but at the same time Odell is going to 'Odell', and you know as long as he comes back the next day and brings it (he will), it's a bump in a bumpy road.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
If OBJ took his cleats off because we were winning in a blowout what would the reaction be?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Don’t you think the coach told him he was done for the day? A bunch of our starters got pulled.

That's a strong possibility. But then it wouldn't give fans a reason to trash OBJ. So....

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
If OBJ took his cleats off because we were winning in a blowout what would the reaction be?
A completely different thread talking about a completely different topic.

-PrplPplEater
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

You mean not the Njoku trade thread?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

You mean not the Njoku trade thread?
Touche

-PrplPplEater
D
Legend
Legend
D

If Stefanski had told him he was done for the day then he missed the opportunity to set this all straight when asked about Odell's removing his cleats at his presser yesterday. What he did say was that OBJ was "understandably frustrated" by the loss. What he did not say was "I had told Odell he was done for the day.". Leaving us to assume Beckham took himself out of the game, IMO.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I hope Odell didn't take himself out of the game.

I also don't care if he did or that he took off his cleats.

Our QB is currently emasculated and not very good. The whole team knows it. Odell's actions aren't affecting morale. The team probably empathizes with him.

Legend
Legend
Emasculated is a good word. I think Baker lost his alpha mojo and confidence when we acquired OBJ. He thrives in that position of dominance and now he’s subservient.

Granted, he’s NOT been good ... but I actually do think a lot of it is mental

V
Legend
Legend
V
I'm worried about team chemistry moving forward.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
I hope Odell didn't take himself out of the game.

I also don't care if he did or that he took off his cleats.

Our QB is currently emasculated and not very good. The whole team knows it. Odell's actions aren't affecting morale. The team probably empathizes with him.

I have a solution for all this.

Develop some mental toughness and play better.

D
Legend
Legend
D
A player quitting on the team 6 games in, with a 4-2 record is a problem. Even more so, if other, younger players who may look up to him agree with him. I don't care if your QB is Richard Simmons, guys like Beckham need to provide leadership especially in tough times.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dave
A player quitting on the team 6 games in, with a 4-2 record is a problem. Even more so, if other, younger players who may look up to him agree with him. I don't care if your QB is Richard Simmons, guys like Beckham need to provide leadership especially in tough times.

It’s only Tuesday after a loss and we already have OBJ quitting on the team. I think that’s a record. Usually it’s Thursday at the earliest when we get to this point.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I think Baker lost his alpha mojo and confidence when we acquired OBJ. He thrives in that position of dominance and now he’s subservient.

I don't believe this for even a second. But if it's true, that would mean that Baker is mentally very fragile.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I think Baker lost his alpha mojo and confidence when we acquired OBJ. He thrives in that position of dominance and now he’s subservient.

I don't believe this for even a second. But if it's true, that would mean that Baker is mentally very fragile.

Damn Dorsey for drafting a mentally fragile QB!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Like very NFL GM, you can damn him for some things and praise him for others.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Dave

It’s only Tuesday after a loss and we already have OBJ quitting on the team. I think that’s a record. Usually it’s Thursday at the earliest when we get to this point.

What would you call a healthy player removing himself from a game with 8 minutes left in that game? "Understandably frustrated" (Stefanski's phrase) doesn't cut it. How about the other 21 starters on the team? You think they wanted to be out there in a 38-7 curb stomping? Maybe that [stuff] plays in the NBA, but its divisive as hell in a football locker room, IMO.

A
Legend
Legend
A

Myself, I'd have the same reaction: bush league. You are part of a TEAM, a pro team.

A
Legend
Legend
A

And a question: If Baker took his cleats off, what would your reaction be, or the boards reaction - be it in a win or a loss situation?

I can just imagine.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Seems to me there is ALWAYS ( week in and week out ) a lot of chatter ( good or bad ) about the same player !.. I wonder how that plays in a locker room .

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

And a question: If Baker took his cleats off, what would your reaction be, or the boards reaction - be it in a win or a loss situation?

I can just imagine.

Literally the same.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
Seems to me there is ALWAYS ( week in and week out ) a lot of chatter ( good or bad ) about the same player !.. I wonder how that plays in a locker room .

The only chatter is here on this board. No one cares.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Myself, I'd have the same reaction: bush league. You are part of a TEAM, a pro team.

What if he took his cleats off and put slippers on instead?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: waterdawg

The only chatter is here on this board. No one cares.

Ok .. So you got that memo from the front office ,,lol . I truly understand how the Board has a propensity to over react , but the players are not deaf and are human.. Just curious..

P
Legend
Legend
P
What if he took his cleats off and put slippers on instead?

The NFL would fine him under improper uniform guidelines. wink

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum David Njoku requests trade

Link Copied to Clipboard