Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1808145 10/21/20 04:24 PM
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Browns at Bengals is the 2nd matchup of the year.

The Browns won the First one, 35-30, it wasn't quite that close as the Bengals scored late to bring it that close and would have needed an onside recovery,
(iirc, really I forget except it was a bigger lead until the bengals scored a meaningless late td.)

Honestly I don't feel good about this one unless the Running Game for the Browns figures out a way to show up and be dominant.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
All Pro
All Pro
The Bengals helped us right the ship the last time we got hammered into the ground.

Let's hope they get us back on course again.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Browns are way banged up.
Browns can't stop the pass.

Browns have no Runningbacks except Johnson and Hilliard.

Team that best uses it's tight ends usually wins the AFC North division.

Winning road games in the NFL is harder than it seems.

The Bengals were playing Baltimore better defensivly than the Browns did for the first half of their devastating loss to Balt.

This game may hinge on what team is more likely to turn the ball over.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Every game may be approached as a trap game if the secondary stinks it up, we don't pressure more, and the offensive side cripples us. We gave up way too much unchallenged last time. And we are bringing less to the table for this one. The silliness is starting to try for a toehold.

Strap on the pads for real and get bone serious. We need to own more of this game.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
O
Legend
Legend
O
After the last 2 games, the offensive line will feel like they're going up against a high school team. Bengals season is slipping away and players are starting to get grumpy.

We should be able to pound them. Equation hasn't changed from the last time we saw them.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
V
Legend
Legend
V
Hey Throw. I have started the match-up thread for quite some time. Any chance you let me have it back starting next week?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No idea if we’ll win or not as Cincy is showing signs of life but I feel confident saying that if we don’t it’ll pretty much tank all any remaining high expectations everyone’s been nursing before last week. There’s four outcomes and four reactions imo:

We Win by a lot: some start to believe again that maybe just maybe the Balt & Pitt games were the aberrations and maybe we still can win 11 games this season, lol.
We Win by a little: debate of our worthiness in the lower echelons of “decent” becomes spirited
We Lose a little: debate of our worthiness in the upper echelons mediocrity becomes rancorous
We Lose a lot: we’re toast.

We always seem to split with Cincy. If betting I’d go with a slim loss. We’re a flawed team with lots of critical injuries and less than 3 months of gel time together. I think there’s still a very solid possibility of 4-4 at the bye and that’s still much better than the 2-6 I predicted. If we get healthy after the bye, look out, upper mediocrity here we come!

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think we are what we are. We are a talented team with some gaping holes. We can beat up on teams that aren't as talented or that don't match up with us well, but we will have major problems with teams that can take away our strength.

Cinci isn't going anywhere or doing anything this year. The only thing they're focused on is getting Burrow through the year with as many limbs attached as he came in with this season.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I don’t really have a good feeling about this one.

I’m worried that Hunt is Hurt and Baker is just shellshocked. If we lose this game, I think it starts that same ol’ Browns death spiral we are used to seeing with the result being 6-10 or 7-9.

If we lose this one, I really only see us beating the Jags, Giants and Jets. We might even lose to the Giants or Jags.

If we win this game, I think we end up in the 9-7 to 11-5 range.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I predict we will lose and split with them yet again. I think the steelers game shook everyones confidence and it will effect thier play. However i will say this, if we dont have any major injuries i see us going into las Vegas next week and winning, getting our confidence back headed into the bye.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: slick
I predict we will lose and split with them yet again. I think the steelers game shook everyones confidence and it will effect thier play. However i will say this, if we dont have any major injuries i see us going into las Vegas next week and winning, getting our confidence back headed into the bye.
Wouldn't that be a test of KS? Can he keep a drubbing from dis-railing what had been a good run?

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
O
Legend
Legend
O
Living in Cinci, I get to hear a little more of this team's storylines. Everything we're dealing with right now, they're dealing with x2. They're calling for Taylor to give up playcalling for a couple weeks now. The vets on the Dline (Dunlap, Atkins) have seen their snapcounts go down, and there was some grumblings about that. The hits have already started to catch up to Burrow, and now Mixon is dinged. Their Oline is what it is, and that's not going to change until the offseason. AJ Green has already been linked to trade scenarios.

So if anyone is going to carry negative energy into this game, it's them.

-PrplPplEater
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Originally Posted By: slick
Wouldn't that be a test of KS? Can he keep a drubbing from dis-railing what had been a good run?

Yes, i would agree with that, but i still think we lose. Honestly I wish the bengals would have beaten the colts this past Sunday. They havent won a game going on 3 weeks and honestly would rather have them facing the browns a little "happier" if you will. As i said though if we dont have any major injuries I see us going into las vegas and upsetting the raiders in thier own stadium next week.

Last edited by slick; 10/22/20 08:36 AM.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Living in Cinci, I get to hear a little more of this team's storylines. Everything we're dealing with right now, they're dealing with x2. They're calling for Taylor to give up playcalling for a couple weeks now. The vets on the Dline (Dunlap, Atkins) have seen their snapcounts go down, and there was some grumblings about that. The hits have already started to catch up to Burrow, and now Mixon is dinged. Their Oline is what it is, and that's not going to change until the offseason. AJ Green has already been linked to trade scenarios.

It's a small world! I'm in the Cincy area too and I can confirm the same. Most of my friends around here are Bengals fans and they are none too happy with Taylor right now. Very upset at the plays being called with the kind of OL that they have. Feel like they are turning Burrow into the next Andrew Luck.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

It's a small world! I'm in the Cincy area too and I can confirm the same. Most of my friends around here are Bengals fans and they are none too happy with Taylor right now. Very upset at the plays being called with the kind of OL that they have. Feel like they are turning Burrow into the next Andrew Luck.
a good family friend is a HUGE Bengals fan ... has gone to every game since the 70s. He basically HATES their coaching staff and thinks their OL and playcalling is an abomination.

I haven’t watched much of them to know. I assumed they’d be happy because Burrow looks legit.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
If you're in Mason, you're not far from me at all. I live in Liberty Twp, right on the border with Fairfield.

I know we have injuries, but I still don't see why this game would be any closer than the last one.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, crazy! You are very close since I'm right on the border with West Chester.

To D4L (which has oddly enough become quite the hashtag on Twitter): a lot of the consensus I have developed from watching their games with Bengals fans is that the playcalling is never suited to the offensive strengths. Everyone I know down here was in agreement that their offensive playcalls against the Ravens were akin to how Freddie ran the offense last year. Poorly suited to the strengths of the offense. Lots of long-developing pass plays where they abandoned the run when they were only down 7-10 points. That's not a formula for success when you have a terrible OL.

Burrow definitely looks legit, but good lord they're going to get him killed.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Sure just be early enough. I'll try and use different title words if I start a topic.

Walk Around the lawn.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Good. Pittsburgh bullied us.

Legend
Legend
Burrow is getting thrashed regularly. I hope we dish up some pain and a skull pounding for them. I live in Bengals territory, and I agree it is bad. You don't hear much from them, you don't see much of their colors or gear, and Kroger's looks like a Bengali sportswear warehouse! No buyers.

Awake the ELF! Time to get to work. brownie

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's not that I disagree with the message... but we are really banged up. It's a lot harder to get tough before you've gotten healthy.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
This is a big concern for me too. We need a bye week.

Not having our team at full strength was a big part of our awful performance in Pittsburgh (not saying we’d beat them, but we were depleted)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
We have some injuries, but there are a lot of teams who have way, way more injuries. I think we have been pretty fortunate on the injury front in comparison to what is going on w/the rest of the league.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
We have some injuries, but there are a lot of teams who have way, way more injuries. I think we have been pretty fortunate on the injury front in comparison to what is going on w/the rest of the league.
No doubt that every team has injuries. If someone would ask me “who are the Browns 3 best players?” ... I’d say “Chubb, Teller, and Garrett” ... two of those 3 were out against the best defense in the NFL. (And of course Landry and Baker are pretty banged up, too).

We can get by with beating average teams with our roster, even if it’s depleted a bit ... but probably not the better teams

O
Legend
Legend
O
Also true. I hope I'm not sounding like I would trade our injury situation for... say... San Fran or Iggles.

The Landry injury is VERY worrisome. Broken ribs on a receiver that does a lot of his work in the middle of the field is NOT good at all. Plus, we know Landry's style of play.

I hate the thought, but I'm looking at the games after our bye and wondering if we could hold some players back for longer in the hopes of getting them more ready to play the likes of Tenn and our division.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Browns are not that great on the road, and have a real chance to lose this game.

Holding in my hand Beckhams paper, with all of last years results in it. The Browns had a 4-1 stretch last year too, and followed it up with 3 losses to end the season.

Browns 10-12 overall since 2019 started and Beckhams first game on the Browns.

3-8 on the Road since the start of last year, including a loss to the Bengals to finish last season 23-33.

The number of times the Browns have given up 26+ points in the last year and 6 games is alarming.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
You think Beckham is a top 3 best player on the Browns?
I do.

Beckham, vs his replacement,
Hodge, or Higgins, or Peoples Jones,

up against

Teller vs his replacement What's his name who is good enough to be a starter, Hubbard?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
You think Beckham is a top 3 best player on the Browns?
I do.

Beckham, vs his replacement,
Hodge, or Higgins, or Peoples Jones,

up against

Teller vs his replacement What's his name who is good enough to be a starter, Hubbard?
I’d argue that, given our style and approach, Teller is more valuable to our team than OBJ right now.

Obviously OBJ’s an Uber-talent ... but we could always go 12/13 personnel and rely on Jarvis and Higgins. I’d prefer that over having Hubbard instead of Teller.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I would like to see more of Higgins this game.

Legend
Legend
I’m a way bigger fan of white over orange than white over brown

B
Legend
Legend
B
I am not a big fan of the brown pants in any combination.

Stick with the white or orange.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Interesting.

The Board should just have only one expert. All others need to be educated before you can start a topic.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I am not a big fan of the brown pants in any combination.

Stick with the white or orange.
I agree. I like the brown jersey/orange pants combo the best. Don’t like anything it’s brown pants

C
Legend
Legend
C

Legend
Legend
Wow. Someone in the comments said that Mixon called him a coward for doing that. Sounds like real problems in Cincitucky.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Recovery game.

Mixon is out. That hurts the Bengals a bunch.

Myles has a huge game.

This is one of the few times that I can remember that I have made a game prediction like this.

IMO the Browns win big. Lots going on with the Bengals. None of it good. I like Burrow but he is limited in what he can do with this team.

I do not think the Bengals will have much success on defense against the Browns.

I am expecting a blowout.

Sure would like to be right.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Wow. Someone in the comments said that Mixon called him a coward for doing that. Sounds like real problems in Cincitucky.

Dunlap and Atkins have been frustrated because they are limited in their snaps as the Bengals are trying to get younger guys reps.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Dunlap is trying to get moved off the team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 37 Bengals 34 Browns at Bengals matchup

Link Copied to Clipboard