#1810379 10/26/20 10:20 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
What a game!

1. Just a coincidence but Baker and the O looked great after the very talented OBJ left the game. It seemed Baker stopped trying to appease OBJ and making it a priority to get him the ball. As if our production depended on it.

Just my opinion but I think individual WR talent is over rated its how the entire team plays when you got a good-great QB.

After the injury it seemed it wasn't about OH OBJ is one man coverage I got to focus on him and just get him the ball.

No doubt in my mind that this thought process was being preached by the coaching staff. Don't get me wrong. We need good WRs but when we play as a team we are much much better.

Hubbard is still a liability in his blocking. The Bengals have a talented DL but our OL did have a better scheme and there were holes open for Hunt pretty much all day.

With Hooper out our Rookie TE 88 showed we got a good one, if this kid progresses and gets a little bigger as he has the frame to add on more muscle. The kid has hands. I love his slide catch for a TD as Baker zipped one in but it didn't phase the kid and he made a solid catch. After the half I think Bengals made an adjustment as we went to the WRs more.

Higgins continues to show he belongs out there and unlike OBJ, he and Baker are in sync as they work that back shoulder to perfection. One drive we saw two 21 yard back shoulder throws to the left sideline in successive plays I think.

Landry I think has more respect for Baker throwing with the hurt ribs, they were calling it "cracked" but I don't trust these annoucers. On a trick play Landry threw another perfect pass. On a reverse (or end around) but it looked like he was in great pain making that throw.

I saw Baker was 22 for 28 in his throws after starting with a dismal 0-5 and one of those was an INT...OBJ one on one and Baker threw it down field with OBJ running with his head down and not looking back for the ball by the time he turned his head it was too late for him to make an athletic move to catch the ball but the Defender who had excellent coverage some had his head turned to be able to make the catch. OBJ did go all out to try and tackle him but he collided with I believe Conklin or Tretter and hurt his knee.

The Home Site of the Browns says OBJ told Baker to "go be great" and he responded. Yep that is why Baker played great cause OBJ said so....lol laugh

Anyways Baker set a Browns record for consecutive complete passes. Also kudos to our WRs/TEs to be dialed in and great concentration on some very important catches. What I don't understand is why is spiking the ball to stop the clock considered an Incomplete pass. I thought that was not viewed as a stat. I think he Broke the record of 18 completions and had 21 before spiking the ball. Of course the next pass was that amazing throw and catch to Peoples Jones. Who went up there high and then got his feet down for the winning TD with seconds left in the game.

Btw, the kid Burrow is one heck of a QB. He doesn't show any signs of injury but the beating he is taking week in and out especially playing in our division, I just hope he doesn't become damaged goods.

Our Run D is pretty decent, our Pass Defense well it SUCKS....we need some talent. Garrett is amazing, another strip sack but we need more as it seems to be a one man show in the passing game. Garrett, Ward and Harrison Jr. are keepers. The rest of the DL are solid but don't get much in pressuring the QB Vernon was not a factor at all this game.

Mitchell was almost there on so many passes. We need a great CB, Mitchell can be our #3 CB but he does play ok he is not a bum. Sorry Sendejo has to go I get it, he knows football and impresses the coaches in practice but he sucks game day. The sooner the coaches realize this the better.

Mack Wilson made some decent plays out there. but on the whole the LBs weren't LOSING the game for us but they were almost none existent in coverage. I hope Delpit is recovering from his Achilles surgery so he will be ready for next season.

I do like our Run D its a big improvement I think from last year.

Exciting game hope you all were impressed with Baker. Any specific plays that stood out for you all....would love to read about it! What did you see.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
* Baker spent some time in the zone, it's nice to see because we know he is capable, his performance in the second half was one of the best thirty minutes I've ever seen from a Browns QB. Fun to watch. He threw darts, he took something off when he needed to (which has been a big problem this season). He was also the beneficiary of some great catches.

* Why? Because our OL afforded him some of the cleanest pockets I've ever watched. Baker needs to play the same way when things aren't perfect. They will hardly ever be that perfect.

* Denzel Ward is a great player. He may have been the biggest key to the victory yesterday. I was hoping I wasn't the only one to notice the slide play. That is simply next level play right there. It does suck to have to rely on great plays from him and MG in order to (seemingly) have a chance to win. This defense is not very good. When the chips all fall, this season will be lost because of our defense. No way we beat elite teams or win playoff games like this.

* Harrison Bryant is one of the best TEs in the league. His play jumps off the page. When Baker threw the missile into the end zone it was low and behind him, he let his feet fall beneath him instantaneously in order to go low and make a great catch. He breaks tackles, carries defenders on his back, he has great hands and a great frame. If he puts on 10lbs of muscle he can be the next "Gronk". He is a part of the "bully ball" we need to play in this division. I think the kid can be a real weapon in this offense, even at the ripe-old-age of twelve (*Dawgs4Life - I made your same exact statement to my wife yesterday wink )

* Landry is such a breath of fresh air. He led the charge in the second Q, he was part of the "bullying" that started taking place when we snatched momentum from the Bengals hands. His propensity for unlikely RAC is a thing of beauty... we all know he's not the fastest, but his quick, joystick like shifts are so much fun to watch. Fights for every yard and protects the rock while doing so. Little things that don't have much to do with talent can be huge keys to winning games. Larry Fitzgerald snatched the ball out of his RBs hands to race to the line and hand it to his center for a spike at :02, without that - they lose; Landry waved his arms like a mad schoolyard crossing guard to get Bryant to the line and eliminate the illegal formation on the TD pass to win the game... without that, we better pray we make a FG and the Bengals don't win the OT toss.

* Coach Ski manages a game very well. Someone else mentioned our fast pace on our second-to-last possession. That was paramount to making sure we got the ball last, next level game management right there.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
... and I don't know how I forgot to mention #Wood. Higgins played like a star yesterday and made some very tough catches.

5 catches for 90 yards in the 4th quarter!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Our OL did a great job of keeping Baker clean. Baker did a good job of staying in the pocket for the most part, in the second half, and stepping into his throws. On top of that, Hunt made the most out of a defense that was selling out against the run.

Much has been made about the offense and Baker, but I'd like to point out something on the D side of the ball. I saw us blitzing a ton. Every now and then, we'd get to Burrow, but for the most part, he did an excellent job of reading the blitz, and finding the hot route. I kept screaming at the TV to stop blitzing, because he was reading it and our back 7 was horrendous in trying to make up for the blitzing, in terms of coverage.

The announcers kept making the point that we needed to keep the pressure coming because, basically, it was our only hope. What was everyone else's thought?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I liked what I saw from Baker in terms of progressions, check downs, managing the game, etc. He looked as good as he ever has. That’s the best news.

I also liked the emergence of DPJ and Higgy and Bryant when it counted most.

Another big thing: our OL gave Baker time all day. I don’t even recall Cincy coming that close.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

The announcers kept making the point that we needed to keep the pressure coming because, basically, it was our only hope. What was everyone else's thought?

I spent the first Bengals game screaming for the blitz... and the second constantly wincing, as he picked us apart.

I prefer the second approach, but it's a very fine line. He's a young QB and you have to think it will eventually rattle him or force a turnover. He got pummeled in the 3rd Q of the first game (by Adrian Clayborn iirc) and was never the same after... looked almost cross-eyed when he scraped himself off the turf.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
One other thing I saw, which really doesn't matter now, but anyhow:

How did the Bengals not get called for a penalty when they swatted the ball out of Higgins' hand when the play was over after his big catch on the game winning drive????

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
1. We have the best Defensive Player in the NFL in Myles Garrett and I am so glad we drafted Ward also ... Mitchell is a good CB also he just needs to catch thse INT's ..

2. Baker played a near perfect game after a slow start now we need to keep it up ...

3. Love Hunt but I can't wait to see #24 in the backfield again (after the bye) ...

4. OL played great again after a struggle in Pittsburgh ...

5. Run Defense was good only giving up 81 yards ...

6. We desperately need help at Safety ...

7. Parkey missed his first kick on that extra point but has been pretty steady overall ...

8. Stefanski looks like he may end our search for a real HC ...

9. Wr's and TE's are really good (Landry, Higgins, DPG, Njoku, Bryant (Hooper when he returns)

10. 2 more TO's ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I thought our run game would go back to unstoppable, but it didn't seem as dominant as prior to the Steelers game. Are we missing Teller that bad, or have teams figured out our banged-up offense?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Teller Yes and Chubb oober

Last edited by PastorMarc; 10/26/20 01:02 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
O
Legend
Legend
O
There was a minute or 2 there where we were running just fine without Chubb.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Colin Cowherd said what Baker did was no big deal because it was against Cinncinati. What he did against Pittsburgh and Baltimore are the true indiactors. He does make a valid point.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw a team that didnt give up.

Joe Thomas #73
O
Legend
Legend
O
So when he plays a subpar D (who played very well yesterday... was pointed out multiple times by talking heads), it's not a true indicator... but when he plays the best defenses in the league, those ARE true indicators.

That's a very Cowherd-esque hottake right there.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
He's had it in for Baker since day one. Just doesn't like him.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
He does make a valid point.

No, he doesn't. He just talks crap to stir crap.

It means that the truth - as always - is somewhere in between.

but, saying that the story is "there is no story" isn't as interesting.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
In 2020, the Bengals defense has allowed 15 TD passes and 7 INT. (7 games)

7 of those TD were thrown by Baker Mayfield, as were 2 of the INT.

In addition to playing us twice, they have also played the Titans, Ravens, and the Iggles. (which, while struggling, can still throw up points)

The Bengals are not a super defense, and I am not claiming that ...... but the Browns have put up the 2 highest scores against them as well as most of the passing TDs.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
He does make a valid point.

No, he doesn't. He just talks crap to stir crap.

It means that the truth - as always - is somewhere in between.

but, saying that the story is "there is no story" isn't as interesting.

I agree. Baker absolutely must step up against better teams because that is the biggest knock against him, and it is valid.

However, to disregard a 5 TD performance and 70+% completion rate against an NFL team is nonsense.

If it were that simple, I guess Lamar Jackson is a crappy QB because he put up below-average numbers against that same Bengals defense.

It is what it is though. He says inflammatory things to keep people talking about him, and we validate that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That about sums it up.

The story is evolving; that's all we know.

Browns is the Browns

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
The Browns rank 29th in the NFL in points allowed and they are 5-2.

Imagine how frustrated we would all be if the 2020 Browns have got the same results as previous years. The Browns could be 3-5 even as bad as 2-6.

Myles Garrett is responsible for 2 wins himself!!!!!
Imagine if we did not have him??

That is a scary thought.
We could be waking up from a three decade long nightmare.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I was very critical of Baker last week, but what Nick says here makes sense. What I saw yesterday was the version of Baker we saw his rookie year, which I was hyped about. He does need to get better at reading safeties and seeing the blitz coming, but yesterday was the best version of Baker.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: KashDawg

I was very critical of Baker last week, but what Nick says here makes sense. What I saw yesterday was the version of Baker we saw his rookie year, which I was hyped about. He does need to get better at reading safeties and seeing the blitz coming, but yesterday was the best version of Baker.

Thank god I don't watch these shows or Colin Cowherd and the other shock jock schtick.

Baker's record is 18-19 as a QB with the Browns - and they were 1-45 in the previous 46 games? LOL that's a skewed stat line that doesn't reflect everything that's going on with the Browns and Baker .... but still, it's one hell of a stat line.

The other stat line I liked was the list of teams with a better record than the Browns .... smile

I don't think this was like Rookie Baker - I think he was much more of a gun slinger his whole rookie campaign. Yesterday he was more composed and accomplished as a QB. More nuance, less wing and a prayer and more doing the small things right to have success. Hope it continues.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
IMO it is interesting to note some of the players who helped win this game.

Donovan Peoples Jones had hardly played except for kickoffs.
Rashard Higgins had been a healthy scratch in games.
Harrison Bryant a rookie filing for Hooper.
Hubbard a second string guard.
Kareem Hunt second string RB.
Njoku is a red zone threat.

All of these guys are not starters. All played big roles.

This was a hard fought back and forth game.

Our OL provided excellent protection and opened holes.

Hunt ran hard. The drop on the screen was too bad. There was a bunch of open ground in front.

After a horrid start it was encouraging to see Baker play from the pocket. Believe in the blockers and throw on balance.

Myles is one of those guys that has to be game planned for. That should help others. And I don't see it.

Ward was outstanding. Mitchell's drop was to bad. But he has played pretty good.

On the play where Burrow throws a TD from about the three. The receiver went into motion. Sendejo fell "behind" tracking him from our side of the line. A telegraphed play. And he was not in position.

Burrow threw all over the yard. Over 400 yards passing. Ouch. He is a hellva player already.

To date the Browns have scored 200 points and given up 221.

That will not cut it if they make the playoffs.

200 points is fifth. The leader is the Bucs scoring 222.
So we are good enough in scoring.

We trail only Dallas in points scored against at 243.
Not going far giving up that many points.

The "Drive" to win the game was something I have waited for from Baker. 1:06 to play, Ball on 20. First play a guy has one leg of Baker's and he makes the throw to Jones.
If that is a sack for a loss; maybe the rest does not happen.
Jones, Higgins, Higgins, Jones - Game.

Three come from behind scores.

Chubb will return. Hodge will return. Greedy will play.

We can improve. Losing Odell hurts. But we have weapons to score.
=============================

The defense must get better. We can not depend on only Myles and Ward alone.

Harrison is showing that he can play.

The secondary has to improve. Look at how Burrow, Dak, and Ben torched us.

Better coverage and more pressure from others not named Myles.

In the end I am thrilled to be 5-2.

I would like to mention Kevin Stefanski. This season for a first time head coach has been no easy task. So many things had to be done differently from normal. Add that to a new staff and implementing new schemes. Major props to KS.

I like the chemistry on this team. Seems that players are pulling for each other. It feels genuine. That is a credit to KS.

We are from greatness until we improve. I like how we came back from loses. Week to week this team is improving. That is a good sign.

I have waited like all the fans for a winning season. That goal is in reach at 5-2.

Let's go win this next one.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DawgPound75
The Browns rank 29th in the NFL in points allowed and they are 5-2.

Holy crap.

Holy. Crap.

Holy.

Crap.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The good news is we’ve forced TO’s and we have an ELITE defender ... the bad news is the other players leave a lot to be desired.

I wish we could get more out of Vernon, Ogunjobi, and just ONE of the safeties

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
The good news is we’ve forced TO’s and we have an ELITE defender ... the bad news is the other players leave a lot to be desired.

Imagine what it would be like if we were stacked at every level of the D like Pittsburgh. Like our offense.

We would likely be 7-0 and the favorite in the AFC.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Imagine what it would be like if we were stacked at every level of the D like Pittsburgh. Like our offense.

We would likely be 7-0 and the favorite in the AFC.

Our offense took hits to almost every level in and leading up to the Bengals game. OL, WR, TE, and RB all saw starters out. We still put up 37.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Our offense took hits to almost every level in and leading up to the Bengals game. OL, WR, TE, and RB all saw starters out. We still put up 37.
(Our highest graded) OL, (our #1) WR, (our #1) TE, and (our #1) RB...

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I saw Sendejo almost make a play on Cincy's last possession that would have likely cost us the game if he DID make the play. If he gets the stop there, they have first-and-goal at the one-foot line and run out the clock before easily sneaking in for the one foot...because we weren't going to stop that one foot sneak.

I saw Baker complete every throw he made in the 2nd half +

I saw the Browns score a TD on every possession in the second half...and (5) drives in a row (if you take out the kneel-down at the end of the 1sr half)

I saw the refs throw a flag at the Browns...and then pick it up

I saw the refs start to announce a penalty on the Browns...and reverse it to be against the Bengals

I saw the Browns NOT have to play the Bengals AND the Zebras...what a great feeling

I saw what might have been the dumbest defense against a hail mary play in - perhaps - my lifetime. From the last kickoff giving them the ball at their own 45ish to the last play...WTH?

I saw Baker - for legitimately the first time this year - put the team on his back and win a game that we actually had a chance to win. He's 1-0 so far this year when we needed it and when coupled with a legit chance for him to do it. On the first play of our last drive, he avoided the DB blitz shaking off the defender and get the ball to his target. He maneuvered his way in the pocket more like 2018 than 2019 to date.

I saw receivers suddenly being open. I saw the Higgins connection from 2018.

I saw a HC actually manipulate the clock favorably in an effort to save time for a last-chance drive. So refreshing.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Some thoughts.

1. on the critics in that video. As was noted here, the Bengals defense is not that bad. We also have wins against the Colts and the Redskins who are the two best Pass Defense teams in the NFL.

2. As for Steelers and Ravens. THE TEAM has to play better and we must be better prepared. Both also took our run game out of action so that play action was not as effective. Their pressure as a team is amazing we aren't talking about one guy like us with Garrett...Steelers lead the NFL in sacks and Ravens are #6. Us we got the sack leader but as a TEAM we are #10 You take any QB and put relentless pressure on them and they will not do well. We as a team have to improve against those two. But for them to suggest he's a bust (is vers one of these guys...lol laugh ) is ridiculous and his play Sunday doesn't count cause it was against the best presssure and coverage teams in the NFL. Anyways enough, I really don't wish to make this a Baker thread, lets face it HE PLAYED GREAT and broke another Browns Record!

I saw that on the replay...the defender smacking the ball out of Higgins hands and had the same thought...where is the flag for delay of game. If it was us against the Steelers and we did it...100% we would get the flag....smh Zebras...grrrr lol laugh

Running game...and I guess bonefish on Hubbard being a player stepping it up. I mean he is not totally useless but comes close. He knows what he is suppose to do...doing it is another thing.

I saw our signature play where we pull the RG and run to the left with Teller leading the charge...Teller is out there causing heck against the D...Hubbard is pulling but he is not out in front and ends up not touching a soul on those running plays. Yes we miss Teller it was not a joke that Teller was the best ranked RG in the NFL he was playing like a man possessed. He was the biggest improvement on the TEAM. We thought that RG was the biggest hole and he more than proved us wrong!

Some incredible catches, I thought Njoku's TD catch was the most amazing of them all. Also kudos to Baker for putting the ball where he did for those catches to be made. If you look at the slow mo replays they were perfect and Higgins, Peoples-Jones, Harrison and Njoku great catches made!

There was amazing throwing lanes in the pocket. Steelers blitz the A and B gaps relentlessly Bengals instead Pressured from the outside with a game play of trying to keep BAKER in the pocket cause I think his stats are way better when he rolls out.

Well thanks for the what I saw stuff.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend

No doubt that Hubbard is not Teller.

But look at Baldy's breakdown and you see Hubbard stone Geno Atkins.

He is not Teller. In fact he is not a starter. But he stepped and has done alright.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
I saw what might have been the dumbest defense against a hail mary play in - perhaps - my lifetime. From the last kickoff giving them the ball at their own 45ish to the last play...WTH?

My thoughts exactly....rush at least one, if you get a PI in the endzone, you give them one last chance at the 1.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I can't remember where I saw it, but I thought I read that Mayfield's average release time after the snap was 2.3 seconds or so? If that's true, it would be encouraging.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I saw us go 5-2 and become relevant. I did not see much out of Sendejo. Again. We got gouged up the middle by Bernard. Be healed, Chubb! We need you!

Say it with me: "Five & Two."

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. or Bonefish,.Hubbard is not a starter???

Hubbard started for like a long time for the steelers, or at least had a LOT of playing time,
then,
Hubbard comes to the Browns and gets at LEAST 4/5ths of a year worth of playing time for the Browns, previous to this year

and then this year, Hubbard is in More than half the time, and every play of his career, I think he looks better than Bitonio, (I know that's just "my" opinion) but the
DTMB freakin has a crush on Bitonio I don't know why, imo he does just enough to not get replaced, and he rides that narrow line like an artform like a surfur on a wave, just enough to not get replaced Joel Bitonio.

But Hubbard is clearly better, but ... Hubbard is a """ back up"""????
Gimme a flippin break, I don't buy it!

Hubbard is fine, he could start anytime, he's going to be the first backup, who'll be up for, but clearly not make, but "be UP FOR" a hof jacket, with consideration for his SEVERAL YEARS OF STARTING, but he's a backup. What the ever, (Washington football the team) (what for the) WFT FTFTF

BUT, What I saw Bengal game, as fate said "Cringed as he picked us apart"

Woohoo, Cincy completed an 8 yard curl route in the 2nd quarter, and proceded to complete
1 "million" (Austin powers voice)

more 8 yard curls before the game ended, and the Browns didn't stop a single one of them, Still haven't.

If there was time on the ( Oh there goes Burrow for another 8 yard curl route) he'd still be completing more.

What is the Browns defenses' answer for Burrow completing an 8 yard curl route, without exaggeration I think 19-25 possible times that game, including anytime they wanted on their last drive; (excluding the hail mary attempt of course).

Burrow just snapped off another 8 yard Curl, first down bad guys.

Anyone think Jon Gurden isn't going to exploit the fact you still haven't figured out how to stop that play, and may do it 59 straight times from opening kickoff until game end??

Burrow, 8 yards, curl route, complete

Snap the ball, turn curl route complete, first down bad guys.

8 more yards, curl route red zone.

Curl route end zone-- Dropped

next play, same play curl route for 4 yards (they only needed 4) end zone touchdown bad guys.

8 yards, curl route, 1st down bad guys.

banghead

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Whether we like it or or Sandejo is what we have right now. Injuries have decimated us . Delpits injury in TC really hurt us bad.

Legend
Legend
I can't remember where I saw it, but I thought I read that Mayfield's average release time after the snap was 2.3 seconds or so? If that's true, it would be encouraging.

I believe Baker’s number is over 3. Like 3.19 Vers posted it from next gen stats before the last game

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

First off Hubbard was a swinging gate as a RT last year.

He got destroyed by just about everyone he went against.

He was not a starter with the Steelers.

The Browns went and signed Conklin. He was one of the premier FA OL available. If Hubbard was all that good Conklin would not have been signed.

He is a decent backup. He did alright stepping in at guard for Teller. He is not on Teller's level.

Your take on Bitonio is your own. It is not how he is ranked or plays.

B
Legend
Legend
B

It sounds like it.

Just a question. How is release time factored?

Does it factor in roll-out passes? Several of those a game would add several seconds per play to the release time.

What about scrambles before the throw? All of those would skew release time. If we throw 40 times a game, we could easily have 20% of the plays requiring additional time to release the ball.

I am not asking to apologize for anybody. I am simply wanting to know how it is factored.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

I believe Baker’s number is over 3. Like 3.19 Vers posted it from next gen stats before the last game

I believe he was talking about in this last game, not some running average.

Browns is the Browns

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 37 Bengals 34 What I saw Bengals part II

Link Copied to Clipboard