Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Multiple government agencies warned not to cooperate with Biden: report

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...rate-with-biden

This is ridiculous. It’s one thing for civilians to be whining about results. But for trump to tell agencies not to work with the transition team is hot garbage.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
If you make interest bearing student loans illegal and stop passing out grant money, it would starve the universities and drive down the level of greed.

I think all education should be 100% FREE, paid for by tax dollars. Education is the one thing that we can do that collectively improves almost all aspects of our lives. It brings people out of poverty, it improves the quality of our workforce, it spurs innovation, it makes us more competitive globally, it brings hope to those at the bottom and is a vehicle to the top. Not to mention the mental/physical health aspects of being educated vs being ignorant. Stress, struggle, anxiety, and feelings of hopelessness are generally more prevalent in uneducated adults. These are huge health factors.

But I understand the 'me' people don't want to hand out 'their' money for the 'other' to use... But the 'we' people get that an educated America is a stronger, safer, more prosperous America that will pay back the investment ten fold. So if nothing else happens in my lifetime, I would like to see universal healthcare and education made rights and guaranteed by the government. IMHO this would be better for America than the New Deal was during the great depression.

I appreciate this point of view and I think something between what you are saying and what Florida is saying could be something that gets legs. Offer an accredited, educational option that opens professional doors to the public while having it focus solely on a curriculum to keep the tax payers satisfied.

Look at this...people are talking about issues and working toward solutions smile

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Right before our eyes, we are seeing the decline and death of a democracy. This election is well underway to being overturned by a delusional dictator and his henchmen. Don't believe me? Just check out the irresponsible reporting by Fox News and the actions of top GOP people...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Maybe the Billions and Billions and Billions the University Endowments should be used ? Some of these institutions are off-the-charts insanely wealthy.

They do use those endowments toward tuition, to the extent allowable under the rules of each donation.
When someone donates a giant chunk of money to a University, they are most likely providing instructions on how that money is to be invested and spent over time. School administrators have to spend the money in accordance with those requirements.
The money in these endowments is more like a trust than a bank account.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I also kinda question a large portion of the degrees that are being handed out. I view college education VERY differently than my parents. I'm a degreed engineer that has been using my degree since day 1 after school. I see some of the people coming out and I can't help but think to myself... why? Why did you just spend all that money for a degree that probably won't help you all that much? I view a college degree purely as an investment, and so I see a LOT of people that are making very poor investment choices. The schools certainly don't help in terms of trying to educate students on what they should expect in terms of employment, but it's ultimately the student's decision. Granted, there are people that genuinely enjoy being in academia, enjoy taking classes and learning for learning's sake in a classroom environment. More power to those people, but the vast majority of people in college are there for that piece of paper.

My parents are extremely educated, and they view college as something everyone should do in order to continue to mature as a person. To them, the college experience is invaluable and can't be skipped. My brother, for example, went to school and immediately after graduation enlisted in the Air Force. It might be insensitive, but it's not one bit untrue to say his degree is a waste (up to this point, don't know what his plans are post-military).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

Well - we are now at 5-alarm fire...

~Lyuokdea
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Eh, it’s just posturing at this point.

Sucks we have to deal with diet fascism for another 10 weeks.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Multiple government agencies warned not to cooperate with Biden: report

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...rate-with-biden

This is ridiculous. It’s one thing for civilians to be whining about results. But for trump to tell agencies not to work with the transition team is hot garbage.

I've always known that Trump was an A-Hole and a cheat.. But geez,,,,This is going way to far.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I also kinda question a large portion of the degrees that are being handed out. I view college education VERY differently than my parents. I'm a degreed engineer that has been using my degree since day 1 after school. I see some of the people coming out and I can't help but think to myself... why? Why did you just spend all that money for a degree that probably won't help you all that much? I view a college degree purely as an investment, and so I see a LOT of people that are making very poor investment choices. The schools certainly don't help in terms of trying to educate students on what they should expect in terms of employment, but it's ultimately the student's decision. Granted, there are people that genuinely enjoy being in academia, enjoy taking classes and learning for learning's sake in a classroom environment. More power to those people, but the vast majority of people in college are there for that piece of paper.

My parents are extremely educated, and they view college as something everyone should do in order to continue to mature as a person. To them, the college experience is invaluable and can't be skipped. My brother, for example, went to school and immediately after graduation enlisted in the Air Force. It might be insensitive, but it's not one bit untrue to say his degree is a waste (up to this point, don't know what his plans are post-military).

Sounds like your parents did a good job and raised you both to start behaving like adults when you became adults. I think the problem with so many of these college kids is that they are still kids. They don't think about investment or the relief of being financially independent. When someone accepts their responsibility to pay back what they owe, it shows maturity. There seems to be some truth to the claims that many of these kids are getting stuck in adolescence.

Nothing wrong with your brother using that degree to become an Air Force Officer. It is a better financial investment than most people realize. It's pretty lucrative when you can start drawing your first retirement in your 40s.

M
Legend
Legend
M

I heard Pompeo's comments and took his comments, however reckless they were, as him pushing back on the reporters question about transitioning to the Biden administration.

If you listen to his comments afterwards, it's the same comments the majority of the GOP have been saying, "count all the votes and let the legal process play out."

Fine, let it play out, even though it has the potential to be harmful to national security and the belief and integrity of the election process. This allows GOP enablers to continue to placate Trump and avoid his ire, because Trump in or out office, is the republican party and they do not want to be on his bad side.

Speaking about President Trump’s and his legal team’s myriad and baseless claims of massive voter fraud, an anonymous senior Republican official offered a rhetorical shrug.

“What is the downside for humoring him for this little bit of time? No one seriously thinks the results will change,” the official said. “He went golfing this weekend. It’s not like he’s plotting how to prevent Joe Biden from taking power on Jan. 20. He’s tweeting about filing some lawsuits, those lawsuits will fail, then he’ll tweet some more about how the election was stolen, and then he’ll leave.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...bout-trump-era/

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
.... those lawsuits will fail, then he’ll tweet some more about how the election was stolen, and then he’ll leave.”[

Let's sincerely trust that's the way it will play out. At this moment, it doesn't seem likely...

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Tucker really needs to leave Fox, he's too good for them. Hannity also needs to leave.

Could you ever imagine anyone from ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC giving such an objective monologue. No, neither could I.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
Legend
O
He started out well, but then regressed back to his mean.

Yes, Tucker is definitely too 'good' for Fox, and he has my full support (and all that that's worth) to leave.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I’d be up for Hannity and Carlson to go start QNews. It’s very on-brand for them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
Tucker really needs to leave Fox, he's too good for them. Hannity also needs to leave.

Could you ever imagine anyone from ABC, NBC, CNN, MSNBC giving such an objective monologue. No, neither could I.

Brianna Keiler, CNN, makes him look like an amateur... rofl

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Right before our eyes, we are seeing the decline and death of a democracy. This election is well underway to being overturned by a delusional dictator and his henchmen. Don't believe me? Just check out the irresponsible reporting by Fox News and the actions of top GOP people...

It can go each way.

I don't see a problem with taking a few weeks to settle President Trumps beef, it's his right.

If things are overturned, which probably won't happen, there will have to be substantial proof.

As was the case with Gore and President Bush, let it play out.

A few weeks isn't going to but the Biden team behind the 8 ball very much, if any.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I don't see a problem with taking a few weeks to settle ...

The problem is that it's like a fire which grows larger every day. Resolution is required by December 8 ('safe harbor day') but the longer it goes, the more difficult to put out the flames...

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You’re so transparent.

What makes you so afraid of anything remotely liberal?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I don't see a problem with taking a few weeks to settle ...

The problem is that it's like a fire which grows larger every day. Resolution is required by December 8 ('safe harbor day') but the longer it goes, the more difficult to put out the flames...

The real issue is the GSA (Emily Murphy) not signing the transition papers. The delay has the potential to undermine national security.

Full article:
https://www.justsecurity.org/73317/the-g...y-implications/

B
Legend
Legend
B
Excellent.

Too bad many on here won't want to listen.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm calling BS on this one based on common sense. You need to have an official decision before officially starting a transition. Votes are still being counted (yes, I'm saying that to the 'Every Vote Counts' crowd). If Team Biden wants to push forward with starting the transition now that they have the outcome they want, but before all the election steps have been completed, then they're really not much better than Trump.

And I'm not saying Trump should be able to drag this out and throw all the temper tantrums and distractions that he wants (not unlike my 3-year old leading up to bedtime).... I'm just saying we should at least complete the counting of the votes and whatever legit follow-on tasks after that before we move on ahead.

-PrplPplEater
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
I'm calling BS on this one based on common sense. You need to have an official decision before officially starting a transition. Votes are still being counted (yes, I'm saying that to the 'Every Vote Counts' crowd). If Team Biden wants to push forward with starting the transition now that they have the outcome they want, but before all the election steps have been completed, then they're really not much better than Trump.

And I'm not saying Trump should be able to drag this out and throw all the temper tantrums and distractions that he wants (not unlike my 3-year old leading up to bedtime).... I'm just saying we should at least complete the counting of the votes and whatever legit follow-on tasks after that before we move on ahead.

You are 100% wrong about how the system is supposed to work. You do not -- and in fact are not supposed to -- have an official decision before an official decision occurs. That doesn't happen until congress votes on January 6.

Biden is not pushing forward on anything -- at any rate that is different from every single transition in recent history.

The Presidential Transition Act does not require (or even expect) that the election be finalized -- once there is a presumptive winner, the transition (which is reversible) is supposed to start immediately. Transitions take a lot of effort - and the goal is to have the president as ready as possible on day 1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_transition

The transition for Donald Trump began the very day after the election:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_transition_of_Donald_Trump

The 9-11 Commission Report makes it clear that some of the significant intelligence failures leading to the 9-11 attacks were due to the delayed transition period caused by the Florida recount, and recommended that even in the case of a disputed election, the transition begin (possibly to both parties) as soon as possible.

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend

I was resigned to let all this go.

Let the time pass so all this garbage would decay and quit stinking.

However, although this is all serious it is also comical.

Your boys continue to pacify the brat as he throws his tantrums. Like a child who dropped his ice cream cone on the sidewalk. "now now donny don't be sad we will give you a new one."

You do know don't you that this is all theater?

Memo, it is over. trump lost. At high noon on January 20, 2021 there will be a new president.

All the drama on display now will be in the rear view mirror getting smaller as each mile passes.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With each passing day.. DJT comes closer and closer to SDNY. If I were the Biden Admin, I'd remind tRumpF's lawyers that if the stonewalling continues, resources can and will be allocated to SDNY and other agencies awaiting the day he is no longer POTUS

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
With each passing day.. DJT comes closer and closer to SDNY. If I were the Biden Admin, I'd remind tRumpF's lawyers that if the stonewalling continues, resources can and will be allocated to SDNY and other agencies awaiting the day he is no longer POTUS

I don't think you should threaten somebody using the power of the government. Trump isn't any better than that -- but we should be.

What we really need is for some Republican lawmakers to grow a spine.

~Lyuokdea
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That works too. Thanks for the reminder not to be tRumpF

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Postal worker admits fabricating allegations of ballot tampering, officials say

By Shawn Boburg and Jacob Bogage
November 10, 2020 at 5:59 p.m. EST

A Pennsylvania postal worker whose claims have been cited by top Republicans as potential evidence of widespread voting irregularities admitted to U.S. Postal Service investigators that he fabricated the allegations, according to three officials briefed on the investigation and a statement from a House congressional committee.

Richard Hopkins’s claim that a postmaster in Erie, Pa., instructed postal workers to backdate ballots mailed after Election Day was cited by Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) in a letter to the Justice Department calling for a federal investigation. Attorney General William P. Barr subsequently authorized federal prosecutors to open probes into credible allegations of voting irregularities and fraud, a reversal of long-standing Justice Department policy.

But on Monday, Hopkins, 32, told investigators from the U.S. Postal Service’s Office of Inspector General that the allegations were not true, and he signed an affidavit recanting his claims, according to officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe an ongoing investigation. Democrats on the House Oversight Committee tweeted late Tuesday that the “whistleblower completely RECANTED.”

Hopkins did not respond to messages seeking comment.

The reversal comes as Trump has refused to concede to President-elect Joe Biden (D), citing unproven allegations about widespread voter fraud in an attempt to swing the results in his favor. Republicans held up Hopkins’s claims as among the most credible because he signed an affidavit swearing that he overheard a supervisor instructing colleagues to backdate ballots mailed after Nov. 3.

The Trump campaign provided that affidavit to Graham, who in turn asked the Justice Department and FBI to launch an investigation.

The Trump campaign also cited reports of the allegation in a federal lawsuit filed Monday against Pennsylvania election officials that seeks to prevent them from certifying the states’ election results.

The Trump campaign, the Justice Department and Graham did not immediately respond to requests for comment Tuesday.

The Erie postmaster, Rob Weisenbach, called the allegations “100% false” in a Facebook post and said they were made “by an employee that was recently disciplined multiple times.”

“The Erie Post Office did not back date any ballots,” Weisenbach wrote.

The Postal Service inspector general’s office informed members of Congress in a briefing on Tuesday that Hopkins had recanted his allegations, according to a congressional aide. The investigators first interviewed Hopkins on Friday, the aide said.

Hopkins’s allegations, without his name, were first aired last week by Project Veritas, an organization that uses deceptive tactics to expose what it says is bias and corruption in the mainstream media. Hopkins agreed to attach his name to the allegations late last week. He was instantly celebrated by Trump supporters.

Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe on Saturday hailed Hopkins as “an American hero” on Twitter. A GoFundMe page created under Hopkins’s name had raised more than $136,000 by Tuesday evening, with donors praising him as a patriot and whistleblower.

“Your donations are going to help me in the case I am wrongfully terminated from my job or I am forced into resigning due to ostrizization [sic] by my co-workers,” the page states. “It will help me get a new start in a place I feel safe and help me with child support until I am able to get settled and get a job.”

Separately, on Monday Project Veritas announced it was offering a “$25,000 reward” for “first hand election fraud tips in Pennsylvania.” Late Tuesday, O’Keefe claimed to have recordings of agents questioning Hopkins and said that he was pressured to sign a document he did not understand.

The Postal Service said in a statement over the weekend that it had referred Hopkins’s allegations to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and the Office of Inspector General.

The Postal Inspection Service declined to comment on Tuesday morning, referring questions to the Office of Inspector General. A spokeswoman for that office, Agapi Doulaveris, said it was still “looking into the matter” Tuesday afternoon and declined to elaborate.

Hopkins was escorted out of his workplace on Monday afternoon and told not to return until the investigation was completed, according to one of the officials familiar with the probe.

A page on the social networking site LinkedIn that matches Hopkins’s name and other biographical details says he served in the Marine Corps from 2007 to 2012. Hopkins subsequently held numerous jobs for short periods of time, including as a nurse’s aide and as an employee at a hydrologic fracking company in Texas, according to a Facebook profile. The Facebook page says he became a letter carrier in Erie in August 2018.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investiga...1b8e_story.html

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NRTU

I will offer a slightly different perspective on the payback of college tuition.

The income earning potential of a college graduate is significantly than a non college graduate. I wound up paying back my college loans, but I have paid back the government many times over because I am a college graduate. It was one of the best investments ever made by the government, as I came from a place that was below the poverty line.

My wife started college at 45. She took out loans. They were at 6.5 percent. I wound up paying them off through a home finance to get them down to 3.75 percent, now lower. It was also a good investment for the government. You quickly realize that student loans have become a revenue source for the government. It is significant. The more conservative part of me thinks that it is absurd to use college loans as a revenue source and a lower percentage is justified. The more progressive part of me thinks that loan forgiveness could be an option, given income potential of a person. I have a friend who has a lot of loans to become a doctor. But the income differential is worth it.

That said the system needs reformed. There are people going too deep into debt, for jobs that have limited income potential. I don't know quite how to handle that alternative, but I look at it as an investment with a return. Maybe we could limit the amounts of have a forgiveness percentage to maintain the fields that have limited income potential, such as teachers.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Maybe you and tucker should run off together toi a far away land, then you can have him all to yourself... win/win.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Thank goodness for the deep state

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
You’re so transparent.

What makes you so afraid of anything remotely liberal?

It’s pretty obvious isn’t it? Black Lives Matter to liberals. Schools need funding to liberals. Healthcare matters to liberals. The environment and global warming matters to liberals Police departments across the country need to purge bad cops says the liberals. We can’t have any of that say trump supporters.and the GOP leadership.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So much winning.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Democrats And Republicans Say Biden Won (He Did)

Nov 10, 2020,06:55pm EST
Joe Walsh
Forbes Staff Business

TOPLINE An overwhelming majority of Americans from both parties believe President-elect Joe Biden won last week’s election, even though outgoing President Donald Trump and his allies are denying the outcome and attempting to fight back in court, a new poll found.

KEY FACTS
Some 79% of Americans — including around 60% of Republicans — say Biden was the rightful winner, whereas just 3% said Trump won and 13% said the election remains undecided, according to an Ipsos/Reuters poll released Tuesday.

Trump has shown no inclination to concede and congratulate Biden, but 72% of American adults believe the loser of the race ought to concede.

70% of Americans, including a majority of Democrats and Republicans, trust their local election officials to be honest, roughly matching with a pre-election YouGov poll that found 63% of voters believe state officials will count votes accurately.

The Ipsos/Reuters poll was conducted between Saturday afternoon and Tuesday, after every major news outlet projected a Biden victory.

KEY BACKGROUND
Trump has refused to accept defeat, instead opting to spread false voter fraud allegations and press judges to overturn the election’s outcome. His campaign filed a raft of lawsuits alleging voter fraud and opaque counting processes in the week following the election, many of which were either quickly swatted down due to a lack of evidence or focused on narrow issues with little to no bearing on vote-counting. Most experts believe this pugnacious legal strategy has little chance of success, and some Trump aides reportedly see the lawsuits as an opportunity to satiate the president’s desire for a fight rather than a serious legal effort. Some Republican lawmakers have stayed loyal to Trump despite his false claims because they hope for his support in two upcoming runoff elections in Georgia, Politico reported Tuesday. But this poll could indicate many of Trump’s voters have already accepted defeat, even if Trump hasn’t.

BIG NUMBER
4. That’s how many Senate Republicans have congratulated Biden and acknowledged his victory. A far larger number of congressional Republicans have either openly endorsed Trump’s conspiracy theories about voter fraud or, like Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), supported Trump’s legal challenges while remaining mum about their credibility. Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) said Tuesday morning that some Republicans have privately accepted Biden’s win, but he did not offer any names.

link

Last edited by mac; 11/11/20 08:39 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
They need a few weeks to clean all the crap up in the West wing.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend

Wow.

Reach a little little further.

Bongino? Knows? What dial did you find this guy?

The earth is flat except when you see it from space.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I looked it up and was shocked to hear that he was, indeed, the #1 podcast.

My disinterest in podcasts has been confirmed.

-PrplPplEater
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

~Lyuokdea
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea

You are 100% wrong about how the system is supposed to work. You do not -- and in fact are not supposed to -- have an official decision before an official decision occurs. That doesn't happen until congress votes on January 6.

Biden is not pushing forward on anything -- at any rate that is different from every single transition in recent history.

The Presidential Transition Act does not require (or even expect) that the election be finalized -- once there is a presumptive winner, the transition (which is reversible) is supposed to start immediately. Transitions take a lot of effort - and the goal is to have the president as ready as possible on day 1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_transition

The transition for Donald Trump began the very day after the election:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presidential_transition_of_Donald_Trump

The 9-11 Commission Report makes it clear that some of the significant intelligence failures leading to the 9-11 attacks were due to the delayed transition period caused by the Florida recount, and recommended that even in the case of a disputed election, the transition begin (possibly to both parties) as soon as possible.

One of the first things that is said on there is that the transition moves ahead as quickly as possible, BARRING ELECTORAL DISPUTES. If there is a legit dispute (so far, not so) then the transition should be halted. I don't see why this is such a huge issue. We are in the middle of an unprecedented election (Trump needing to get the boot) during an unprecedented time (pandemic). Maybe we don't have to wait for all the votes to be counted (even though that's been the chant), but there are exceptions, and this was an exceptional election.

-PrplPplEater
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Post Election: The Purge

Link Copied to Clipboard