Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Legend
Legend
Stills may be worth a look

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Sorry guys but I thought Sendejo played his best game Sunday ...

That's like being the tallest midget in the circus. I saw him whiff on a couple tackles and still generally suck in coverage. He did make a play on the 2-pt conversion, although both he and the intended receiver were out of bounds.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dave
Sorry guys but I thought Sendejo played his best game Sunday ...

That's like being the tallest midget in the circus. I saw him whiff on a couple tackles and still generally suck in coverage. He did make a play on the 2-pt conversion, although both he and the intended receiver were out of bounds.

Overall it was his best game IMO and he graded out pretty high and that 2 Point conversion was a pretty important stop superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
He also lines up our defense. While he is not a very good Safety, he does know our defense and helps out others.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
✅Landry: 94.5!!
✅Chubb: 88.2
✅Hodge: 79.8
✅Mayfield: 78.9
✅Bitonio: 78.8
🟥Tretter: 55.5
🟥Njoku/Bryant: 47/43

Defense
✅Vernon: 82.6
✅Sendejo: 71.1
✅M. Smith: 63.1
🟥Ogunjobi: 48.7
🟥K. Johnson: 48.7
🟥J. Elliot: 39.8

Last edited by PastorMarc; 11/30/20 07:19 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
that 2 Point conversion was a pretty important stop

It wasn't a "stop". The receiver was out of bounds, and so was he.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The receiver was probably afraid to go up against him!!! smile

C
Legend
Legend
C
Sendejo had his first pass breakup of the season on Sunday. He hadn’t had one the previous 675 snaps. He’s a starting free safety.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

lol you just won't give him any credit will you superconfused

D
Legend
Legend
D
Okay - he broke up an incomplete pass - happy?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Sendejo had his first pass breakup of the season on Sunday. He hadn’t had one the previous 675 snaps. He’s a starting free safety.

Yikes.

R
Legend
Legend
R

I heard this on the radio today.

Yowsers.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I don't think we need him, but it can't hurt if he improves the roster... the thing is, who does he take playing time away from this late in the season??

Probably nobody.

Did you see Tavier Tyrod taylor Thomas, WR, drop a pass vs the Jaguars in the 2nd quarter this week?

The Browns wr's aren't exactly as good as the 1994 Browns teams' wr's were.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

I don't think I've ever seen a Db do less than Sendejo, sometimes I feel like he's another referee standing back there,
not even any bad plays, just lurking.

I remember complaints about Peppers lining up in lake erie, but at least he would swim after the snap.

I don't know how this team is 8-3.
(maybe Sendejo is "jumpin jack flash" until the camera gets him in view.)

T
Legend
Legend
T

This.

Is that serious, whoa you think one woulda hit him in the head. He's played every, game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

he had nothing to do with that 2 point conversion failing. As Dave said, the receiver was already out of the back of the end zone. And so was Sandejo when he came down with the ball.

What credit does he deserve for that? superconfused

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
As to waiver position, weren't we in the 20s? If we actually were awarded the guy then there must not have been a lot of interest in him.

Probably because not that many teams are down 3-4 safeties due to injuries, and also because ... Sendejo.

But I am sure there are teams out there down 1 safety.

But there is only one Sandejo.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
The Browns wr's aren't exactly as good as the 1994 Browns teams' wr's were.

I had to look this up. We had Michael Jackson and Derrick Alexander starting in 1994. Keenan McCardell (who went on to be a great receiver after the following year), had only 10 receptions for us that year. What are you talking about?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Quote:

he had nothing to do with that 2 point conversion failing. As Dave said, the receiver was already out of the back of the end zone. And so was Sandejo when he came down with the ball.

What credit does he deserve for that? superconfused

I'm certainly not disagreeing with your comments there^. However, he was - inexplicably - in position to prevent the completion. Maybe that is only because the WR was squeezed out-of-bounds allowing Sandejo to get there...maybe not...but he was in position to stop the pass...somehow.

Legend
Legend
Just going from my young memory, Jackson was a big play threat, but had dumb drops too. Alexander was a rookie (or maybe 2nd year?) and was just OK. McCardell wasn’t ready yet. Did we also have Carrier? Or was he gone already?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Carrier might have been on that team. Still, just having Landry puts us miles ahead of that bunch. Jackson was a poor man's Leon. Would make a difficult catch once in a while and drop the easy ones.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Kind of want to do a comparison of the 94 vs 2020 Browns. (especially they used 4 tight ends that year also.

... In usage, Metcalf (Eric, Metcalf) was used often enough as a WR, as much as a RB.
If, Since Odell is out, the 94 Browns Wr's were clearly better.

I seem to forget one, maybe it was Carrier, if Carrier was there I'm not counting him, but they had a plethora of guys #1 type reliability.
and, Vinny Testaverde was pretty good under Bellichic that year.

in Usage, Andre Rison,
Michael Jackson,
Eric Metcalf,
Derrick Anderson, (Rookie or 2nd year, was a later 1st rd selection of two the same year)
Keenan McCardell coming off the bench, about like when Hodge comes off the bench when Odell was still healthy (McCardell was Money coming off the bench he was really special that year.)

if Mark Carrier was there at the time, that would be the one I always forget.

I'd take any of those as equal to or better than Vice Grips and Higgins, and, I really like Jarvis Landry and Rashad Higgins,
but, Hodge, Taywan, and Peoples-Jones, are still growing into reliability. IMO.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You Perked my interest THROW, so I looked it up and you were right, Mark Carrier was on that team, He had 29 Catches for 452 YDS and 6 TD's, it was Derrick Alexander not Anderson and you were right Leroy Hoard Got most of the RB duties with Metcalf as more of a Receiver ... Metcalf had 93 Carries for 329 YDS and 2 TD's while Hoard has 209 Carries for 890 YDS and 5 TD's, they were close in Receptions with Metcalf grabbing 47 balls for 436 YPC and 3 TD's while Hoard had 45 Catches for 445 YDS and 4 TD's

Last edited by PastorMarc; 12/01/20 06:02 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
We also had a pretty good OL also:

LT Tony Jones
LG Doug Dawson
C Steve Everitt
RG Bob Dahl
RT Gene Williams
TE Brian Kinchen

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Kind of want to do a comparison of the 94 vs 2020 Browns. (especially they used 4 tight ends that year also.

... In usage, Metcalf (Eric, Metcalf) was used often enough as a WR, as much as a RB.
If, Since Odell is out, the 94 Browns Wr's were clearly better.

I seem to forget one, maybe it was Carrier, if Carrier was there I'm not counting him, but they had a plethora of guys #1 type reliability.
and, Vinny Testaverde was pretty good under Bellichic that year.

in Usage, Andre Rison,
Michael Jackson,
Eric Metcalf,
Derrick Anderson, (Rookie or 2nd year, was a later 1st rd selection of two the same year)
Keenan McCardell coming off the bench, about like when Hodge comes off the bench when Odell was still healthy (McCardell was Money coming off the bench he was really special that year.)

if Mark Carrier was there at the time, that would be the one I always forget.

I'd take any of those as equal to or better than Vice Grips and Higgins, and, I really like Jarvis Landry and Rashad Higgins,
but, Hodge, Taywan, and Peoples-Jones, are still growing into reliability. IMO.

Now stop it. What you're posting is not based in reality.
Rison didn't sign with the Browns until the 95 season. McCardell only had 10 receptions that year. It's Derrick Alexander, Derek Anderson was a qb. Anyway, he had 2 TD receptions. Carrier was on the team and had 29 receptions. Our "star" receiver was Michael Jackson who dropped a LOT of passes. He had 21 receptions and 2 TD's. No one in their right mind would swap that bunch for what we have now.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I believe he has been awful regularly. If he is lining us up correctly, then why are we struggling so? He has some value to the unit, but we need to carry him way too much of the time. JMHO

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Legend
Legend
T
Which year did they go to the playoffs and beat the Patriots, after December 94, or December 93?

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Which year did they go to the playoffs and beat the Patriots, after December 94, or December 93?
it was the 94 season, so it may have been January 95

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
They beat the Pats in January of "95. It was the "94 season. Then, as usual, we lost to the Steelers for the 3rd time that year 29-9

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/01/20 07:51 PM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
So, Andre Rison, was not on the team when they won the last playoff game vs the Patriots, but at some point Andre Rison joined that eras team as a free agent, and todays Wr's aren't as good as whatever day that was, As far as I'm concerned, they had 4+ top notch Wr's on the team at one point in the 1994-5 season and they haven't had as good since,

with an honorable mention to the 4 of 5 remaining all 2nd rounders of the Kevin Johnson, to Quincy Morgan, / Andre Davis,/ Dennis Northcutt,/ JuJuan Dawson who didn't come back, short time era.

I thought Rison, was on that playoff team, my bad. At some point they were all on the team, except Carrier might have left, right?

either way----

the 1994-1995 OL? How about the top 8 members of their front 4 DL smile 8 starting caliber members.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Any line up with Stone Hands Morgan in it deserves an honorable mention alright - but not in a positive light. Kevin Johnson caught everything - but had no speed or separation. Northcutt was a nimble 170lbs soaking wet injury waiting to happen. I remember cringing any time he was returning kicks/punts.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Wow ... I really don't remember KJ being cut midseason by Butch Davis? Anyone remember the issue? Says he was claimed by 16 teams on waiver - went to the Jags who traded him for a 4th round pick. What a waste by Butch.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Wow ... I really don't remember KJ being cut midseason by Butch Davis? Anyone remember the issue? Says he was claimed by 16 teams on waiver - went to the Jags who traded him for a 4th round pick. What a waste by Butch.
yeah he was cut right in the middle of the season. It was a pretty unfavorable move IIRC

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
yeah he was cut right in the middle of the season. It was a pretty unfavorable move IIRC

It wasn't long after that, I believe, that Butch had his mental breakdown and was no longer the coach.

I think KJ was basically calling Butch out behind closed doors for the way he folded in the playoff game against Pittsburgh by having us go Prevent in the first half.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

IIRC, there was also some bad blood between him and William Green, who was drafted by Butch, so we all know who Butch was going to favor.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I forgot about that. There was definitely bad blood.... some of which may be the scissors in his back from falling up the stairs (while his girlfriend was behind him).

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
William Green was such an immature punk when he was here. He was totally not ready or worthy of being drafted in the 1st round. Drafting “his” guys was a big flaw of Butch.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
William Green was such an immature punk when he was here. He was totally not ready or worthy of being drafted in the 1st round. Drafting “his” guys was a big flaw of Butch.

he had a lot of personal issues

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Butch allowed his ego to interfere with making sound football decisions.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
7-6 Rats

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum NFL released players

Link Copied to Clipboard