Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1827392 12/15/20 09:51 PM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
They’ve played better lately, and they’re in a playoff battle.

This is not a gimme.
On O, just keep what we’ve been doing: balanced O, spread the ball around in the air and let Chubb and Hunt do their thing.

You know, the usual. smile

Looks like Colt McCoy could be riding back into town, but Mr. Garrett will be there to greet him.

What do we gotta do to beat them?

Last edited by lampdogg; 12/15/20 09:53 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
They are a mediocre running team and a very poor passing team. Stop the run early and score early and often to get them behind and force them into a passing mode.

yebat' Putin
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
For what it's worth espn matchup predictor gives us a 52% chance of winning. The giants are actually very good against the run, only giving up 101 yards a game. Every time I pick the browns to win they lose so I'll go with:

Browns 20

Giants 23

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Is their run D better or worse than the Colts?

While it doesn't matter as the damage has been done (we lost), I would still hope the D comes out with something to prove. IMO, intensity on D was fine vs Balt... we just played really dumb on that side of the ball.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
So DT could just leave this forum up for 2 weeks then.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Agree. We have to play smarter. It was like the Wild West out there on defense.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Establish the run, get the ball to the tight ends, make all the field goals you try.

Make the most of every opportunity, get points every time you cross midfield.
Find the End zone, they need to find a way to make the passing attack a threat to stretch the field and get into the end zone.

You are going to have to make the most of every drive on offense, and Win the turnover battle

Win the turnover battle, Browns need to create fumbles and intercept Daniel Jones/McCoy whichever plays.

Browns need to realize they are fighting for a playoff spot and it's still an uphill battle. I think the league still wants to see the Browns miss the playoffs, and the league headquarters are in New York.

Browns need to make use of all of their running backs and receivers on offense, and get the ball to the tight ends also.

The Giants defense should still be the tiniest bit easier to move the ball against than the Raven defense, but they are still dangerous so it's best to make them defend every inch of the field.

If the Browns can get a lead, they'll need to add to it, and come up big in the 4th quarter even if the game isn't close.

If the Browns go down by a lot, the first thing is to get one score, and build on that.

If the Browns go up by a lot, the first thing is to prevent that first score, and then build your lead bigger.

Browns need to prepare for the refs taking touchdowns away from them, and yet overcoming that problem with additional scores.

I think they should game plan for at least a couple of crazy calls like
"rouging the passer if someones palm of their hand makes contact with the passers shoulder pad"
or also
" illegal crack back blocks if someone makes a contact, face to face that is parallel to or even not even parallel to the sideline"

Those calls will be intended to keep Giants' drives alive and keep them in the game because,
The league wants the Browns to miss the playoffs, because somebody has to, and, they hate Ohio.

Also, Watch for fakes on punts and field goals
Watch for surprise onside kicks,

and watch for crazy referee calls which result in similar things.

Like a phantom running into the kicker on punts by the giants.

and or, phantom late offensive holding penalties on long breakaway runs by the Browns running backs.

Or even an end zone clear touchdown, over the middle of the front line of the end zone, caught and carried into the endzone, being later called an incomplete pass because the "process of the catch" wasn't continued to the ground or other type bull.

Browns are going to have to overcome about a dozen of those type plays, probably, to win this game. Because
1. it's the east coast
2. it's New York
3. The league hates Ohio
4. Somebody has to miss the playoffs and
5, the biggest one, because the Giants aren't very good on there own enough to do it themselves.

Hopefully the Browns can just stay IN the game and hold the giants to less than 30; and score enough to beat them.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 12/16/20 01:21 AM. Reason: spellling

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. First, road games are hard and it takes defense to win on the road. As always.

Takeaways from reading a couple of articles, Daniel Jones has a bad hamstring and he's going to play anyway,

The NFL is 13 weeks in, in 7 full outings Jones had 0 td's altogether that's Half+!! (team has 8 losses)

The giants have only allowed 3 td's to tight ends all year.

The Giants OL coach is saying he feels terrible for letting AZ cards get to Jones so much, 6 sacks 1 turnover.

Face it they are a train wreck, real Charlie Frye as a full year starter type stuff.

If the Giants were in the AFC North I feel they'd be behind where the (bengals were in the early 2 games the Browns played vs the bengals, the ones with a healthy joe burrow).

So Frankly, I sort of feel the Browns should settle for nothing less than a blowout win, and make a point to really dominate start to finish.
However! approaching any game like that usually goes badly, so, the important thing is to guard against overconfidence,
focus fundamentals, remember how important this game is, and then beat the snot out of anyone in the way.
That team is in the way.
Standing in the way between you, and the success you have earned and continue earning.

Just better make sure the pass protection and the offense are on the same page.

Daniel Jones runs too, so, be aware of that.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Is their run D better or worse than the Colts?

While it doesn't matter as the damage has been done (we lost), I would still hope the D comes out with something to prove. IMO, intensity on D was fine vs Balt... we just played really dumb on that side of the ball.

I believe better or in the same ball park

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I forgot to mention, Giants have won four of thier last five. Thier defense is ranked 11th. The more I read about this game and the Giants the more nervous I get. I keep hearing alot of people in the media and even browns players talking about this past Sundays game like it was a win. Never seen so many people acting like a loss was a win. I really hope stefanski gets thier heads right. These players need to be ticked off and angry about the loss to the ravens instead of feeling good about a loss. They are going into NY to play a giants team that is hungry and has won four of thier last five. This game has huge letdown written all over it

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: slick
I forgot to mention, Giants have won four of thier last five. Thier defense is ranked 11th. The more I read about this game and the Giants the more nervous I get. I keep hearing alot of people in the media and even browns players talking about this past Sundays game like it was a win. Never seen so many people acting like a loss was a win. I really hope stefanski gets thier heads right. These players need to be ticked off and angry about the loss to the ravens instead of feeling good about a loss. They are going into NY to play a giants team that is hungry and has won four of thier last five. This game has huge letdown written all over it

Giants are playing well - mostly off the back of their D.

This game is not an easy game at all. But I don't believe they are nearly as good or dynamic on offense as Baltimore ... Engram at TE may be a major threat, and of course an athletic QB not afraid to run clearly causes issues for us too.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Looking at their games, they've lost a LOT of very close games. They got beat up by San Fran early in the year (week 3), Pittsburgh, Philly, and the Rams beat them by ~10. Other than that, a whole bunch of ~3 point losses.

Lately, they've been on a bit of a tear in terms of wins/losses, but the scores have stayed the same. They seem to be starting to figure out how to be on the right side of those close games (except for their most recent game). I'd love to watch what happened in the Seattle and AZ games.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I give us a 50/50 chance on any game with the D we put on the field ..

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Judge has that team playing well, especially on D.

Jones most likely not playing. Came back early from hamstring issue. Was pulled late in last week's game. Even if he plays, he won't be 100% and his strength is his mobility, which will be compromised.

Revenge game for a number of people on both sides - that always makes the games more interesting:

Giants:

Zeitler
Peppers
Kitchens

Browns:

Vernon
Goodside

Legend
Legend
I think they announced Jones would start

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
This will not be an easy game even though the Giants looked bad Sunday. They have something to play for too. If we lose this game we're done because the best we can finish is 10-6. We'll probably beat the Jets I doubt strongly we will beat Pittsburgh especially with our season on the line.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh snap, I totally forgot that they hired Kitchens.

You think Freddie will be ready for this game?

I expect Peppers to get amped up and have a good game.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Oh snap, I totally forgot that they hired Kitchens.

You think Freddie will be ready for this game?

I expect Peppers to get amped up and have a good game.

Peppers is playing at a very high level.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
they gave up 37 points to dallas we roll 35 to 21
Are offensive line wins the battle with there defensive line
There defensive numbers look better than they are because of there division they play against.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Giants are very good within there division at stopping the run.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Thie running game has really picked up lately.

O
Legend
Legend
O
... but is it because of QB being banged up that thair just running more?

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
#Giants OC Jason Garrett tested positive for COVID-19 and will continue to work remotely. TE coach Freddie Kitchens will be the team’s offensive play caller on Sunday vs the #Browns.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
#Giants OC Jason Garrett tested positive for COVID-19 and will continue to work remotely. TE coach Freddie Kitchens will be the team’s offensive play caller on Sunday vs the #Browns.

Can't make this stuff up.

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
As in every game, we have to score every time we have the ball.

This defense will allow that. So we have to counter.

Anything goes with this horrible defense.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good lord 2020...

I will say that Freddie, when he just focuses on calling plays, can be very effective, as we all saw in 2018.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
No room for cute. Pound it and score the rock.

That is all.

PS Order some defense. Extended drive keeping this D off the field, especially in the second half, might be a worthwhile target.

Just win, baby!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend

Not team is a gimmie. The Jag's proved that.

We have not lost two games is a row this year. Repeat that two more times.

The Giants have trouble scoring. They are second to last in offense only the Jets are worse.

They are 11th in defense.

We have better talent period. We should beat the Giants. However, that does not mean we don't prepare or need to play well. We have to play them like they stole our food.

They will play hard. They are playing to win their division.

At this stage the Browns know who they are. They know how to prepare and win. Find a way to get it done.

I am all the way in and behind this team.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Our next 2 games are on the MetLife turf, concrete with a layer of grass colored carpeting. SF did back to back games on that turf earlier this year and came out of it with many injuries (Bosa out for the season.) There was some noise about the turf being the cause of many of them.

Both should be winnable games, but those present their own threat, as better teams can become complacent, looking past them. We have to make sure that doesn't happen. And we have to beware the turf!

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I truly believe this team fully understands no game is a gimme.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We certainly know they give lip service to 1-0. It's these types of games that test their belief.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
I have always giggled a bit about the "Turf Monster." Sounds legit; not giggling anymore.

Go, Browns! thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Giants DE Niko Lalos in high school playing for STVSM being pancaked by my son. He was an underclass man playing behind the linebacker who went to Ohio State.

[social:insta]https://instagram.com/stories/nickrizzo76/2466386957562065308?igshid=6yqkjo4b188x[/social]

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

That stuff is terrible.

Can't imagine playing on that in cold weather.

It would be great to put these games away early. And get some starters out of there.

But that most likely will not happen.

I fear injuries big time in these last games. We can not afford to lose starters.

I sure hope Harrison comes back to play. We need him.

He makes a big difference. Even though we use him at SS he has coverage ability. He is long with speed. He helps this team in the middle. He can cover TE's. He is good in zone.

With our deficiencies in the secondary Harrison is super important.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Hammer

Goodside

notallthere

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just RUN DA BAWLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL down their throats~!~!!!!!

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Goodson

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Our next 2 games are on the MetLife turf, concrete with a layer of grass colored carpeting. SF did back to back games on that turf earlier this year and came out of it with many injuries (Bosa out for the season.) There was some noise about the turf being the cause of many of them.

Both should be winnable games, but those present their own threat, as better teams can become complacent, looking past them. We have to make sure that doesn't happen. And we have to beware the turf!

You would think that they would have improved this greatly over the years. Is that turf really still basically the same stuff they were playing on 30 years ago?

Legend
Legend

When this season began my stance was wait a month.

New coaching staff implementing new systems. That in itself is difficult.

Next negotiate through covid. A totally unknown challenge. Figure out how when nothing like this has ever occurred.

I remember some replies. Making excuses for Baker.

Please.

The first month was like training camp. I doubt that half of the playbook was relevant.

Since the break after game eight. This offense has evolved into what was envisioned. Now we are seeing a team in sync.

The full roster now knows what to do. We have had players go down and others step in. Players know their number could get called. They prepare that way and that comes from KS.

Baker has grown inside the system. It takes time to really feel comfortable. Time to gain confidence in the players around you. Getting to the point where you trust them to execute. Chemistry. Not just between qb and receivers. But the whole team. The offensive line gaining the needed experience of working as a unit. Trusting each other.

Right now the Brown offense is one of the best in football.
So many options. The foundation is the OL. Baker is the trigger. Hunt and Chubb the hammers. We are very diverse and difficult to figure out.

The baseline is make the defense question what you will do.

From that concept. We run many looks that multiple plays come from. We add motion. We change weekly in what we run from different formations. It is a lot to digest for defenses. And that is by design.

The Ravens play good defense. So do the Colts and Titans. We ate their lunch.

We are improving as each game ends.

Any team we face knows this game will be difficult.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Giants 6 Beating the Giants

Link Copied to Clipboard