Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Legend
Legend
LB Malcolm Smith and TE Harrison Bryant are the players who tested positive for COVID-19, per sources. Bryant was already isolated and on the COVID list after a high-risk close contact outside the building.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1344668535335874562

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
So at least four players -- Malcolm Smith, Harrison Bryant, LB B.J. Goodson and S Andrew Sendejo -- won't be available Sunday against the #Steelers. Contact tracing and further testing will determine if any others are ruled out, too.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1344668906951204864

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

This is basically the best news we could have hoped for today. Now cross your fingers for no positive tests tomorrow.

Alas. . .

Its malcom smith and bryant. Wont be able to play sunday or playoff game if we make it

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
LB corps, even though it’s bad anyways, looks even worse now

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

At least Takitaki practiced yesterday. Having to play Mack Wilson is. . . not great.

Legend
Legend

At least Takitaki practiced yesterday. Having to play Mack Wilson is. . . not great.
the other bad thing ... if we don’t have Joseph (who can play more in the box), that limits that group even more.

I honestly wonder if we can sign someone

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
It looks like we will have our receivers for the Steelers game?

Browns’ LB Malcolm Smith and TE Harrison Bryant test positive for COVID-19, but Jarvis Landry and 4 others expected back today

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/12...list-today.html

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
It looks like we will have our receivers for the Steelers game?

Browns’ LB Malcolm Smith and TE Harrison Bryant test positive for COVID-19, but Jarvis Landry and 4 others expected back today

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/12...list-today.html
as of now, yes. but things can change by the minute

Legend
Legend

the other bad thing ... if we don’t have Joseph (who can play more in the box), that limits that group even more.

I honestly wonder if we can sign someone

Sign someone that would be worthwhile AND be able to get up to speed in the defense within just a few days?

Unless that person has been on our practice squad, or perhaps the 49ers practice squad, it's not likely at all.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
And players can’t join the team for six days because of Covid protocol.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter
Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, DPJ, Hodge, Jacob Phillips all in fact coming off COVID-19/reserve list today, per Kevin Stefanski #Browns

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Yes and with the playoffs around the corner how much can you delay these games unless you decide to start a week later on everything.

Legend
Legend
Taki & Phillips back, all WR's back.

We just might be kinda Ok.... until the other half of the defense and all RBs test positive Saturday night at 9pm.

Browns is the Browns

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Just a general question...Are other NFL teams having the same difficulties that the Browns have had keeping their franchises safe from Covid-19?

I really haven't paid a lot of attention to how other teams have dealt with Covid-19, but it does seem that the Browns have had their share of issues fighting Covid-19 pandemic.

It seems there are plenty of vaccine doses available..have the Browns had their first shots?I realize citizens in the age group of NFL players are not a priority but it seems rather dumb to have connections to the Cleveland Clinic and vaccine available and no doubt the Browns have medical members on staff qualified to give the shots.

The NFL is in charge and they would have to get the ok from the Government...who knows who is in charge?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
C
Legend
Legend
C
Other teams have had problems with the virus (the Titans, Ravens, and Titans come to mind) but we are just having horrible timing.

As far as the vaccine, everyone involved has said that the players will get the vaccination when it is available to the general public. They won’t get priority.

Legend
Legend
I would not expect the NFL to allow any players to get the vaccine until after the season at the earliest. Nobody is going to allow their availability to be put at risk and possibly sidelined for even one week at this point. Teams whose seasons end Sunday *may* begin to have players get it, but again, they may also choose to wait to see what longer-term issues there may be.

It's a multi-billion dollar industry; they won't run into that willy-nilly.

Browns is the Browns

All Pro
All Pro
With it being a home game, Joseph can still return as long as his Sunday morning test comes back clean.

So we would have Harrison and Joseph at safety.
TakiTaki on the outside with Wilson/Phillips on the Mike (If we hold on...for one more day...yep...I just went there).
And the Chief with a chance to prove himself in place of Harrison.

I'm ok with that...

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
M
Legend
Legend
M
As far as the vaccine, everyone involved has said that the players will get the vaccination when it is available to the general public. They won’t get priority.

Nor should they get priority.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
with Wilson/Phillips on the Mike (If we hold on...for one more day...yep...I just went there).

If you hadn't, I was about to even before I read as far as that next sentence rofl

Even with us getting all of our guys back and them sitting a bunch of theirs, this isn't going to be a cakewalk. We've proven that no game is a cakewalk.

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: CleVeLaNd_sTrife
The CDC doesn't really know what they are doing. If they did, they wouldn't have advised against masks initially.

Common sense eludes many. When you know nothing about a new virus, mistakes are made. The more you know as time passes, the better the information you have to make informed decisions. It's not complicated.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
J/C

Several mentioned some stats earlier about the % of positive/negative testing after 2 days, 3 days, etc. I can speak from experience for myself and my whole family (wife and 2 daughters). I was a close contact in November and isolated at home. By day 5, I thought I was out of the woods with no symptoms, but on day 6 I lost my sense of smell. I got tested the next day and had Covid. 5 days later my wife and daughters tested positive (and this was with me living in the bedroom/bathroom with no contact to them at all). Thankfully, our symptoms were mild (head cold, loss of taste/smell) but it did open my eyes to the 7-10 day thing. Had I gotten tested after a day or two it would likely have been negative. That's why the Thursday and Friday tests are so important for the players who are identified as contacts.

Last edited by CBFAN19; 12/31/20 03:15 PM.

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Not good.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Unbelievable

C
Legend
Legend
C
Losing Ward is obvious bad news. Not being able to practice might be just as bad if not worse.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Geezzzzzzzz

It's out of control now.

I may need to do something else Sunday.

Legend
Legend
I certainly feel bad for our coaching staff for the circumstance. The constant unknown and no practicing has to be so challenging

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mac
Just a general question...Are other NFL teams having the same difficulties that the Browns have had keeping their franchises safe from Covid-19?

I really haven't paid a lot of attention to how other teams have dealt with Covid-19, but it does seem that the Browns have had their share of issues fighting Covid-19 pandemic.

It seems there are plenty of vaccine doses available..have the Browns had their first shots?I realize citizens in the age group of NFL players are not a priority but it seems rather dumb to have connections to the Cleveland Clinic and vaccine available and no doubt the Browns have medical members on staff qualified to give the shots.

The NFL is in charge and they would have to get the ok from the Government...who knows who is in charge?

Yes. It is not possible to keep players and coaches safe from Covid and hold the season. This is no surprise. The first people to get the shots are the most vulnerable. The front-line healthcare workers and the elderly and infirm. Sports are far less important than saving people's lives! As of yesterday, 343,000 Americans have died from Covid. 3,808 Americans died yesterday of Covid. So no, NFL players aren't going to get the vaccine ahead of doctors and nurses and the elderly that are dying in droves.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Losing Denzel is perhaps the worst lost on defense possible (besides Myles)

Praying these are the last, and theres nomore players added until this game is played.

My fear is other CBs and LBs will be identified as close contacts.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I fear that tomorrow we’ll get a rush of close contacts. It’s really unfortunate timing. Sucks

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

Mary Kay, there isn't going to be a playoff game. For the Browns to even have a hope of beating the Steelers we have to be 100%. EVERYONE has to be there and be in tip-top shape. That is not the case. While it is possible the Browns could win the odds are very much against it. We had a great year, we won a lot more games than we had reason to believe we would but the end is here...

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed and I hate to sat it. thumbsdown

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Vegas disagrees with you. I do as well, playing the backups of the Steelers I think we'll be fine.

#gmstrong
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm not Nostradamus (like some of you seem to think you are), but I still think we're going to win the game. Two words: Mason Rudolph; take a deep breath, guys.

If I end up being wrong, so be it, but I'll be damned if I'm throwing in the towel because we lost a CB who has already missed as much time as Ward has.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Denzel is talented and a good CB whom we can count on for about 8-10 games a season. thumbsup

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Well at this point even if we win we will get blown out next week. Without our best secondary player ben will throw for probably 300 on us next week. I still think there is foul play here. For all this to start when it did last week. I dont care how paranoid I sound.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't think your paranoid slick. It's just the dark cloud following this team for the past 50+ years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I don't think your paranoid slick. It's just the dark cloud following this team for the past 50+ years.

56 years to be exact.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Said it before, this team has handled protocols worse than just about every team. They need to look inward and find out why they have a bunch of idiot players not doing their part to stay isolated . The other teams like bal/tn had a breakout but then got it right. seems like we are closing our facility every other day.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns/COVID | Part 2 | UGH

Link Copied to Clipboard