Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
you blindly believe

i know a trump supporter didn't just say this...

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't think he's leading an army of whackos hell bent on starting a civil war. I think there are fringe extremists that are concerning, but that's on both sides.

To me, I note that there are 76 million people who voted for Biden and 71 million people who voted for Trump. I would bet the majority of both are good people who want good things for themselves and their loved ones.

The problem - and Trump has definitely fanned these flames - is that those same massive amounts of people have gotten caught up in this cycle of fear>hurt>anger>vindictiveness on both sides and neither side wants to be the better "person" because they are waiting for the other side to be nice first.

We have seen from the rampant attack ads that both parties have sought to control their constituents through fear and anger. The problem is that it worked, and we're left with our current situation. If we can try to actually communicate and get a mutual dialogue going to reach policy-oriented compromises, then I think the fringe whackadoodles would be less empowered.

We have to start seeing the rationale in opposing views, though, and so far it ain't happening. Just look at this board.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Not really surprised that antifa is taking advantage if the situation again.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
you blindly believe

i know a trump supporter didn't just say this...

a proud boy would.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
you blindly believe

And you don't? Seriously, the guy said they received those calls,,, can you refute that claim?

As for whether or not I believe the BLM is responsible for all the bad in the country, no, I don't. Not when i see a bunch of Rednecks carrying guns riding in their pick up trucks adorned with confedrate flags and Nazi flag and TRUMP 2020 flags.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O

Pretty much sums it all up.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Dislike your motto, No Justice, No Peace.....JMHO, BLM has it WRONG- all life matters, in the Black community if lives mattered they wouldn't be killing themselves year after year after year- liberals can point the finger at bad cops all they want, less than 1% of deaths come from officers (that's too many), yet black on black crime is never OPENLY talked about between races- whites can't openly ask question- why are you killing each other, why not turn in murderers, rapists, drug pushers....fix your communities.....No Justice, No Peace, really....look at the root of the problem. Rap music, talking bitches, sluts, etc. ect. really honoring family, women....look at yourselfs and fix the problems.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
“Black Lives Matter” “No justice no peace” Don’t put that blame on me. LOL as if...

– Jackie Robinson
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I love how BLM doesn't address the greatest threat to African Americans which are other African Americans. BLM and the Democrats don't like to talk about this because it doesn't fit their narrative. ooo

Last edited by tastybrownies; 11/11/20 11:07 AM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis 'to allow armed citizens to shoot suspected looters and rioters' who target businesses in an expansion of the state's Stand Your Ground law

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...s.html#comments

O
Legend
Legend
O
So FL governor is looking to legalize what Rittenhouse was doing....

Wow.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
What a sickening person he is. I can't wait for somebody to crack down on this gun toting thugery BS. Lock em all up and throw away the keys.

O
Legend
Legend
O

E
Legend
Legend
E
Lefties are SKEERED of Andy Ngo's truth. Yall making up stories now.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
lol, be careful because libertarians are on the NGO hitlist since y'all lost Trump the election. Next thing you know he'll be spreading videos of you at the bar laughing it up with dems. He'll say, "libertard traitor gets friendly with Antifa lefties"... tongue

Legend
Legend
Crazy right? Anti fascists fighting fascists. Go figure. We didn’t see that coming. Lol

– Jackie Robinson
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
The world is the world- just looking at our problems, then check out most other places, China and it's one child policies and treatment of minorities, GB and bigots, classes, problems with clashing cultures and national health care which is a joke- wait months for MRI, France with Arab minorities, Japan really bigoted with pure blood lines and not even teaching truth about WW2 atrocities....the world has lots of problems. And we're all destroying atmosphere....ain't life wonderful....Pray.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
Really? LOL You’re using age old monarchs and dictatorships as the example here? We’re living in a trump made maga hater murica. And it’s going to take years to fix the bs he created.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
He mentioned 1 dictatorship... which is also a world superpower, and then three others that weren't. They're fair points. US isn't the only country culture struggling with certain behaviors.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
It was a whataboutism IMO

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
TomAto, tomato IMO.

I'd call it adding context.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: hitt
The world is the world- just looking at our problems, then check out most other places, China and it's one child policies and treatment of minorities, GB and bigots, classes, problems with clashing cultures and national health care which is a joke- wait months for MRI, France with Arab minorities, Japan really bigoted with pure blood lines and not even teaching truth about WW2 atrocities....the world has lots of problems. And we're all destroying atmosphere....ain't life wonderful....Pray.

So China tried to control their population explosion. I don't agree with the method, but I see the concern and reason to want to control it. Just like people here having big families... I think more than a couple kids is just selfish in a finite resource world.

GB is diverse and took in a lot of refugees... they had/have issues there, but not for the wrong reasons. And I just can't find all these people in GB, Canada, or any other modern country with social medicine that hate the system so much... Social medicine is the way forward.

France and other countries in the EU took in a lot of refugees created by American wars... "Arab" minorities sounds like a racial slur the way you used it. I'm sure that is unintentional but Middle Eastern, Muslim, or country specific names for the refugees/immigrants would be much better than tagging them all as Arabs.

I can't speak to the bigotry in Japan as I know little about it or the fact that they don't teach the version of world history that you think they should. Hell look at the history we teach... it's been 'whitewashed' to cover many atrocities in our past and to position white people as founders, heroes, and patriots while overlooking the contributions, hardships, and suffering of the other races in the history of America.

Yes the world is the world and there is plenty of idiocy to go around, but there is nothing exceptional about being American that we can point to and say we are somehow better without lying to ourselves, especially in the Trump era; America's fall from grace...

So I have no idea what you are trying to say here, but it comes across more as a simplistic rationalization of our own problems rather than an acknowledgement of the work we have to do.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/18/20 09:55 AM.

Legend
Legend
I guess I’m one of the few who not only understand the point Hitt was making, but agree.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
The US is not exceptional, and that goes both ways, in terms of this conversation.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm with you.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I guess I’m one of the few who not only understand the point Hitt was making, but agree.

Please enlighten me. Do we need to point at other countries to come to the conclusion that the world is full of fascists and those who fight against them and the USA isn’t any different? And prayer is all we have for hope?

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O

It's not that I agree or disagree, I don't get what he was getting at other than to look at the world as messed up across the board, claiming we are no better or worse... leaving solutions or hope for the future up to prayer... that is why I said:

"So I have no idea what you are trying to say here, but it comes across more as a simplistic rationalization of our own problems rather than an acknowledgement of the work we have to do."

This is intended as not a knock on Hitt in anyway.

Legend
Legend
Says a trump supporter.

– Jackie Robinson
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker

Setting Up a Siege? Antifa Has Armed Guards, Stockpiled Weapons at Portland Autonomous Zone

By Tyler O'Neil

Dec 09, 2020

The antifa occupiers at the autonomous zone that sprung up in Portland this week appear to be preparing for a siege. As PJ Media’s Victoria Taft reported, antifa squatters took over a house in Portland and when the government rightly evicted them, they set up an autonomous zone.

On Wednesday, Portland’s police chief reported that antifa has fortified barricades, stockpiled weapons, set up armed guards, and threatened to kill police officers. Both the police chief and the mayor have urged the rebels to lay down their arms, but it appears they are refusing to do so.

“We want a peaceful & safe resolution to the occupation of public space on N Mississippi Ave. We are greatly concerned about the fortification of barricades, stockpiling of weapons, armed sentries, attacks on journalists & threats to kill officers in graffiti in this public space,” Chief Chuck Lovell tweeted on Wednesday. “I encourage those involved to reach out to our demonstration liaisons so we can discuss a peaceful outcome.”

“We are aware of the stockpile of weapons and the presence of firearms. We are aware of the threats to the community, to media, to police. We’ve seen the attacks. The Portland Police will enforce the law and use force is necessary to restore order to the neighborhood,” Lovell added in a brief speech about the autonomous zone.

On Tuesday, Mayor Ted Wheeler (D-Portland) announced he was “authorizing the Portland Police to use all lawful means to end the illegal occupation on North Mississippi Avenue and to hold those violating our community’s laws accountable. There will be no autonomous zone in Portland.”

Wheeler went on to acknowledge the extremely radical claims of Marxist Critical Race Theory that inspire much of the antifa rioting.

“We all agree many of our nation’s systems and structures are fundamentally racist and require significant reform. There’s a housing crisis, a health care crisis, an education crisis, an employment crisis, a mental health crisis, and an addiction crisis,” he argued. “All of these crises are magnified in urban areas, including Portland. And, these crises disproportionately impact Black people.”
ORWELLIAN: Portland Mayor Claims Officers’ Tear-Gas Response to Arson Completely Unprovoked

Yet Wheeler refused to follow the logic of the more radical Black Lives Matter and antifa crowd, who use those arguments to justify rioting, looting, and arson.

“It’s also true that illegal trespassing, ignoring lawful orders from police, blocking sidewalks and streets, and intimidating neighbors inflame these crises and make [these crises] more difficult to solve. That is what’s happening on North Mississippi Avenue right now,” the mayor argued.

The antifa occupation appears to have emerged after a judge ordered that people illegally occupying a home must be evicted. Activists appear to have seized on the eviction as racist, oppressive, or otherwise illegitimate. Wheeler defended the eviction, noting that “Multnomah County chose the time, place and manner of the eviction and Portland Police provided support.”

“It’s time for the encampment and occupation to end,” the mayor concluded. “There are many ways to protest and work toward needed reform. Illegally occupying private property, openly carrying weapons, threatening and intimidating people are not among them.”
Ted Wheeler Autonomous Zone Portland thread
Twitter screenshot of Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler’s thread on autonomous zone.

Wheeler is right to defend the rule of law in this case, but his sympathy for Marxist Critical Race Theory undermines his case. If America’s “systems and structures” are “fundamentally racist,” as the mayor claimed, that inspires irrational anger and an aimless attempt to overthrow the existing order — by force, if necessary.

Wheeler himself repeatedly insisted that the violent antifa riots that racked Portland this summer were peaceful. He even attended one such riot, and he claimed that there was no justification for federal officers using tear gas — while rioters threw a Molotov cocktail near where Wheeler was standing!

Portland Police should restore order, break up the antifa autonomous zone, and defend the peace and safety of the city’s citizens around N. Mississippi Ave. This should be a no-brainer. Sadly, the very Marxist Critical Theory that inspires the riots has infiltrated the commanding heights of American culture, so much so that even the public official whose job it is to order the cops to restore order is echoing the very talking points that antifa militants use to justify their crimes.

The riots this summer, ostensibly focused on helping the black community, destroyed black lives, black livelihoods, and black monuments. At least 26 Americans have died in the riots, most of them black. The riots proved the most destructive in American history when it comes to insurance claims.

Police should break up the siege, and quickly. Wheeler should also consider the consequences of his radical rhetoric.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/ty...s-zone-n1200966

O
Legend
Legend
O
'Is this what we're becoming?': Anne Frank memorial in Idaho, the only one in US, defaced with swastika stickers

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...ism/3872658001/

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
'Is this what we're becoming?': Anne Frank memorial in Idaho, the only one in US, defaced with swastika stickers

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati...ism/3872658001/

Idaho is filled with racists. It’s also a place a lot of ex cops retire.... I wonder if there’s a correlation? Things that make you go hmmmmmm...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spokesman.com/stories/1995/jan/27/many-ex-california-cops-retire-to-idaho/%3famp-content=amp

“ Los Angeles detective Mark Fuhrman wants what a hundred other ex-California cops already have found in Idaho.

Clean air, quiet neighborhoods and an escape from big city crime and stress.

Idaho’s Panhandle has been a getaway for tired Southern California cops and firemen for about 20 years.

Some even have formed their own support group in Coeur d’Alene, said Karl Thompson, a Kootenai County Sheriff’s Department captain and former California officer.

“I don’t attach any significance to the fact Fuhrman might be looking to retire up here,” he said. “It’s only natural to want to retire someplace that is less intense and reflects more genuine American values.””....

They go on in the article to deny being racists..... still, hmmmmmmm

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I doubt there is correlation, much less causation.

But, we're seeing these days that it doesn't take much in the way of facts to establish a narrative.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
They formed their own support group? What a bunch of damned snowflakes!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's the same rag that posts crazy BS like this....

BOMBSHELL: Raphael Warnock Carried Water for Fidel Castro Days After Cuban Dictator's Death

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Only a few years too late. Or is it's because election season is over?

Wheeler is the Portland democrat mayor who backed these riots earlier in the year. He even showed up at them in solidarity before being attacked himself by Antifa while trying to get into his condo.

Tackles are tackles.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Okay..........."I was with you, until I was against you."

Sounds like John Kerry, the vietnam vet that married a fortune in Heinz.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Only a few years too late. Or is it's because election season is over?

Wheeler is the Portland democrat mayor who backed these riots earlier in the year. He even showed up at them in solidarity before being attacked himself by Antifa while trying to get into his condo.

And before PitDawg comes on here and claims like he did his brother, Bret Weinsten, of being right-winged-- here is Eric owning, intellectually IMO, Ted Cruz and Michael Knowles on their show. For anyone that watches this through it's entirety (which I doubt) Eric, like his brother, is not right-winged.

The very title of this video is misleading.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm probably going to shock you Memphis, but I actually just finished watching the whole thing and I loved it. I honestly can't stand Ted Cruz, but with him being candid and not embellishing for political impact, he was enjoyable to listen to.

The whole talk was insightful, intelligent, and politically well balanced. I expected a hatchet job and got a fair examination of the existential American political plight we are all living through. I subscribed to see if this was a one off or if it is a decent show. Thanks for sharing.

O
Legend
Legend
O
And just like that, 5 minutes into checking out a regular episode with no guest from the left... the political parasite that is Ted Cruz reveals itself... What a crock of crap.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
The Verdict is SO good it deserves some type of award. We need more of these types of channels immediately.

I'd vote Cruz every single time over Biden I know that!

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Riots, Antifa, Mayhem, Destruction

Link Copied to Clipboard