Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Legend
Legend

How is storming the capital with armed thugs possible in light of 911?

After the curfew late there was a massive presence.

Why was there no massive presence before?

These thugs were carrying trump flags. They were trump people. They were following trump's directive. He told them to go home but that he loves them.

trump has breed this behavior. He fostered it his entire presidency. He did it at his campaign rally's."

He has been enabled by Fox, Breitbart, and other right wing media outlets along with the GOP.

trump should be removed from office. He incited this riot.

There is no way trump should be left in office.

This country can not allow a president to condone insurrection.

Make no mistake this was a trump mob who he supported.

He called the National Guard on Portland.

He has zero respect for the Constitution, and the office of the presidency.

Remove him from office and tell the American people this will not be tolerated.

Legend
Legend
Enough. It’s time for trumps cabinet to evoke the 25th amendment and remove trump immediately. This was an attempted coup spurred on by the words of trump designed and organized by his armed disturbed veery violent and loyal supporters. Time for trump to leave in disgrace.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Not really surprised that antifa is taking advantage if the situation again.

rofl Antifa? I’ll buy ya a drink if you tell us exactly how the Clintons are running the country again. rofl

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
This Is The Exact Moment Ashli Babbitt Was Shot While Storming The Capitol

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/exact-moment-ashli-babbitt-was-shot-while-storming-capitol

If she had only listened to the police.
Isn't that what "you guys" say about George Floyd and the others?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Two known Antifa members posed as pro-Trump to infiltrate Capitol riot: sources
https://nypost.com/2021/01/07/known-anti...l-riot-sources/

This headline right here exemplifies the hypocrisy and tragedy with journalism today. This is EXACTLY what the left leaning media was doing (and frankly many of you) the past several months. Not denouncing and admitting the groups that were actually rioting and using any sliver of a headline referencing one or two people claiming others were truly responsible.

This latest article attempts to do this very same thing just on the right-leaning side and it's just as disgusting. Were there antifa at this protest? Probably. But the overwhelming majority of the people were Trump supporters and those representing that faction at the riot are responsible for this mess. Not the splattering of other people with conflicting agendas trying to instigate in other ways. Just like with the Antifa and BLM riots all year round.

People want to blame Trump for where this country is and that's fine because there is certainly a level of responsibility on his hands. But the real culprit of this mess goes beyond 2016 when Trump was elected with the lies, misrepresentation of facts, non-coverage of stories when it conflicts with a political agenda and revenue streams.....

....And that is the journalism industry. No one trusts what was once supposed to be the keystone of information, fact-finding, and unbiased conclusions. We've fallen so far from that and this is where the polarization of our country is rooted. Unfortunately, I don't see this changing anytime soon.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Probably the same reason Antifa and BLM was dispersed and not arrested.

Need more drama for tomorrows news.

1st, I think all the looters associated with BLM should have been arrested, but there is also a big difference between breaking a few windows and stealing some Nikes and being an insurrectionist storming the Capitol building in an attempt to overthrow our government.

Every single person that entered the Capitol building deserves to be arrested.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
M
Legend
Legend
M

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/exact-moment-ashli-babbitt-was-shot-while-storming-capitol

Every Poster should read this article - at the bottom, open up the "Comments" section and read the comments.

These idiot, deluded people are alive and mentally sick and living among us. They've been cultivated and enabled by Trump and his sycophant's. Clearly there are at least a couple of them on this board!

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Jester
Probably the same reason Antifa and BLM was dispersed and not arrested.

Need more drama for tomorrows news.

1st, I think all the looters associated with BLM should have been arrested, but there is also a big difference between breaking a few windows and stealing some Nikes and being an insurrectionist storming the Capitol building in an attempt to overthrow our government.

Every single person that entered the Capitol building deserves to be arrested.

And lets not even take it that far - there is a huge difference between rioting and looting, and breaching the Capitol building.

And to repeat - anyone I saw post condoned the violence and wanted perpetrators arrested during the unrest over the summer. It is a total false equivalency. . . . and if there are some "Antifa" activists in amongst these Trump supporters, arrest their ass too.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

2? rofl Hundreds of known trump supporters posed as antifa including trump vigilantes during the BLM protests.

– Jackie Robinson
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
None of this is true -- the two people (there are no images on the NY Post, but there are images on other websites) -- were both at BLM protests -- but they were Trump supporters protesting against BLM at both events.

~Lyuokdea
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Quote:

2? rofl Hundreds of known trump supporters posed as antifa including trump vigilantes during the BLM protests.

Don't go down the rabbit hole of deflection.

It doesn't matter if it was 2 or a hundred or none. Does not matter one ounce.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
It doesn't matter if it was 2 or a hundred or none. Does not matter one ounce.

Precisely.

But I think you're missing the much larger point.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Well explain it to me please. I'm open to learning or debating any topic you want.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
there were 0 antifa there

Joe Thomas #73
M
Legend
Legend
M
Well, you claimed my post was deflection. I don't know how one could think that when reading my post. I literally called the NYPost out for the nonsensical headline.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Well, you claimed my post was deflection. I don't know how one could think that when reading my post. I literally called the NYPost out for the nonsensical headline.

No. I responded to another poster who was trying to address whether Antifa were part of yesterday's events, and if so how many. I said don't go down that road of deflection. It wasn't based on anything you wrote or posted. . . . I think it might have been Fish that first tried to post a story about Antifa being part of yesterday (while not commenting at all on what actually happened) ... Fish posted more lies - as he has done often since Trump lost - and Milkman provided facts that totally destroyed what Fish posted in the now locked thread.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
It wasn't based on anything you wrote or posted

Understood. My mistake.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Really don't want to hear about BLM anymore.

Time to put republicans in jail for inciting this crap

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
No worries. What's your take on yesterday. I don't know your politics in detail:

- Do you think the election was stolen?
- do you have sympathy for these Trump supporters who are trying to occupy the Capitol building?
- what's your reaction to McConnell and Pence and other leading Republicans that have been Trump faithful who all say Trump lost the election, has pursued legal recourse against the results and lost and there is no evidence of mass wrong doing?

Legend
Legend

trump and the anarchists who stormed the capitol must be held accountable.

Nov 7th trump refused to accept he had lost.

Fabrications that the election was stolen followed.

Two months of fanning the flames of insurrection.

15 days of playing golf while thousands died of covid.

The capitol of the United States attacked by his supporters.

People he incited to riot. He told them he loves them.

This is the guy you support.

Congress and the Cabinet need to remove him from office today. Long overdue.

He has proven what damage can be done by incompetence.

Anyone supporting the actions of this trump mob should be ashamed.

If you do not support democracy and the Constitution leave the country.

O
Legend
Legend
O
My first thought on that Philly "ANTIFA" group is one of the white supremacy groups posing as Antifa. But if they are antifa or not, arrest and prosecute because that crap don't matter, a traitor is a traitor.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: mgh888
No worries. What's your take on yesterday. I don't know your politics in detail:

- Do you think the election was stolen?
- do you have sympathy for these Trump supporters who are trying to occupy the Capitol building?
- what's your reaction to McConnell and Pence and other leading Republicans that have been Trump faithful who all say Trump lost the election, has pursued legal recourse against the results and lost and there is no evidence of mass wrong doing?

My politics in general-- I'm neither a democrat or republican as a result of the people that run the parties, not the platforms themselves, per se. I've never seen so many vile human beings in recent years and that has spilled over to the general population and I see the result day-to-day (including posters here). I pray (and I'm not even religious) term limits will be something of the future but I doubt it. I agree with certain platforms with both parties. Anyways....

Do I think the election was stolen?
- Do I think there was election fraud? Yes.
- Do I think there is election fraud to a degree in every election? Yes.
- Do I think there might have been more election fraud in this election compared to others? Probably.
- Do I think there was massive fraud to change an election? No, absolutely not.

Do you have sympathy for these Trump supporters who are trying to occupy the Capitol building?
Nope. They get what they deserve. They could have maintained their protest outside and that would have been fine. Emotions and stupidity led to their decision making and those caught will pay the price.

What's your reaction to McConnell and Pence and other leading Republicans that have been Trump faithful who all say Trump lost the election, has pursued legal recourse against the results and lost and there is no evidence of mass wrong doing?
They aren't Trump faithful. They are republican faithful. I think the party had every right to pursue legal recourse if they think something was massively wrong. They did, and found nothing substantive. As a result, McConnell and Pence responded in the manner they should have saying he lost and it's time to move on/out.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Generations of my family have fought for this country.I fought for this country.My son died in the service of this country.
Today,and it breaks my heart to say this,I am embarrassed to call myself an American.
Pinpointing blame on one person is the easy and lazy way out.We all share some of the blame.I have much to say but I'm having difficulty arranging my thoughts and feelings.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend

First I honor any service to the country.

I stand behind what I wrote.

What to took place yesterday in light of 911 can not be tolerated.

Those criminals should be held accountable.

trump promoted their actions and failed to denounce them for the criminal actions.

He continues to promote the lies of stolen election.

A election that has gone through every legal challenge.

As Americans if you are unhappy with the results of an election. It is your right to peacefully protest.

This was an armed assault.

trump incited these actions.

He is no different than those that stormed the steps.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I'm sorry,I was not contradicting your post,just trying to get my thoughts out.should have made my intentions more clear.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend

BC, I am not calling you out.

This is emotional for many and it should be.

I could not believe what I saw yesterday.

I can not even come to grips to how it happened.

I do not understand why there was not a massive security presence.

This is not ok.

I don't care how long it takes but those responsible must be held accountable.

trump can not be allowed to walk away from this like he played no part.

You are right in that many are responsible. That includes Fox, the GOP enablers and all the others that promoted the false claims of a rigged election.

As a country we must prove to ourselves this can not be allowed.

O
Legend
Legend
O
jc

I feel weird this morning. Yesterday I woke up excited about the GA elections and worried about what would unfold in DC. I had been saying for a while that I expected trouble because Trump kept advertising the 6th. I was dismissed by many as a lunatic fringe leftie... willynilly

This morning I wake up and over half the country sounds like me calling out the Nazis, Trump, his supporters, and right wing hate groups. Hell much of it, even some msm reporting, sounds further left than me! saywhat

I'm listening for calls for the 25th to be invoked, impeachment, and a country appalled by what happened yesterday. I'm feeling something akin to disbelief, but I expected something "like" this to unfold in Trump's final days as POTUS. BUT I never expected this.

And I can't believe it took something like this to wake people up to the dangers of this kind of political cult. Feeling torn that it took this kind of horrible event to do it, yet somehow better that the normal Joe is seeing what I saw... I don't even want to post this... that's how I'm feeling about it all... just want it to be done and over... and pissed at myself for feeling like some good came from this crapstorm yesterday. Not sure how to reconcile these feelings.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend

Completely understand your feelings.

The only good that can come out is that it can never be repeated.

And those responsible held accountable for their criminal actions.

That includes trump.

There is no free ride for criminal actions to incite a riot against the country.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

That looks like Secret Service who was coming out of a side room.
The glass to the doors were broken, the doors were blocked with chairs. the guy in the orange was trying to push open the door. A reporter on twitter believe that down that hallway behind the door was Pence, Pelosi and Grassley-the next three in line to the president.
That door was not getting opened

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Trump supporters falsely claim a far-right activist at the US Capitol is actually a member of 'Antifa'

Jake Angeli is a far-right activist who loves Donald Trump and appearing in public without a shirt and posing as a viking.

On far-right social media, however, the man from Arizona -- pictured with a mob of Trump supporters at the US Capitol on Wednesday -- is being falsely portrayed as a supporter of a Black Lives Matter, a movement he opposes, as part of a conspiracy theory, stoked by at least one Fox News anchor, that blames the violence in Washington on anti-fascists.

"Paid actor and was at the BLM march in Arizona last year," one man claimed on Twitter.

"This 'patriot' led the way in the DC Riot," claimed the administrator of a far-right Facebook group in New Mexico.

"This guy is from Arizona. Here is a photo I took of him at the Temple BLM march in June," another woman tweeted, quoting a left-wing Arizona activist, her post retweeted some 18,000 times and receiving over 27,000 likes.

Angeli was indeed at a Black Lives Matter protest. The problem for far-right conspiracy theorists is that he was there to protest the protest. Indeed, he is a crank himself.

As the Arizona Republic reported, the 32-year-old Angeli is "a QAnon supporter who has been a fixture at Arizona right-wing political rallies over the past year." Back home, he is a fixture at the Arizona State Capitol building, "shouting about various conspiracy theories."

As Insider's Rachel E. Greenspan noted earlier in the day, that dedication has earned him the moniker, "Q Shaman." Antifa he is not. The episode could be dismissed with a laugh, had the broader claim - that Antifa was responsible rather than the president's own supporters - not already being introduced into mainstream discourse by members of Congress, such as Rep. Matt Gaetz, who was applauded by House Republicans for his conspiratorial deflection.

Kate Starbird, an expert on disinformation at the University of Washington, explained what's coming on the far right: "They'll ask their followers to ignore what they saw with their own eyes (and some of what they experienced and perpetrated themselves)... and believe another alternative reality."

https://www.businessinsider.in/politics/...ow/80148153.cms

We have a president who has spent years programming his followers that any news source, every politician, even those in their own party, who disagree with him are either "fake news" or the enemy of his followers and himself.

Programming them that the opposing party are communists. That if he loses the election it will destroy the America they love. Just before the seditious attack on our nations Capital, he, his lawyer Guliani and others who spoke at his planned rally stoked those flames, even told them to march to the capital.

Yet here we sit today listening them to try and spread the blame around. Trying to make it sounds as if our society as a whole led to this. Trying to equate excuses why what was done at our Capital was no worse than riots that broke out over social justice. Making up lies and feeding it to their faithful followers that eat anything they put out on the table for them to consume.

First let me say that both are wrong. Both are illegal and both should be arrested and prosecuted. But let me explain just how wrong you are trying to compare the two. Shoplifting isn't murder. Yes, both are illegal. But let me explain one basic fact that can not be argued in how sentences show us how the law sets the guideline on the seriousness of crimes.

It's based on the sentence! Try looking up the sentence for vandalism. Maybe destruction of public or private property. Let me tell you what it's not. It's NOT a maximum sentence of 25 frickin' years! There's a reason for that.

People who commit vandalism or destruction of property are not trying to overthrow the government. They are not trying to interfere with the election process. That are not committing the treasonous act of sedition.

It's time some of you stop the nonsense. It's time to stop believing the Trump lies. It's time to stop feeding into the QAnon conspiracy theories. It wasn't some act you can spread the blame around for. It wasn't anyone but Trump, his supporters and Trump backed media that stoked these fires. It was them who continue to spread their lies about the election. It was Trump who has built this fire. Then he sent them directly to the capital after Guliani telling them, 'Let's have trial by combat'.

They were directly told to go into battle and then sent directly to their target.

If you want to talk about personal responsibility and expect anyone to take you seriously, it's time to man up to the reality of what happened and stop trying to deflect from its actual cause.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Good lord that was brutal to watch. She started climbing the door and should have known better. She unfortunately got what was coming to her. Still, so brutal to watch and you just hate to see that happen.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nobody wanted to see any of this happen. Maybe with the exception of those who spurred this on. That surely wasn't any of us.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
They should respect that woman and stop showing it. Instead the media wants it's ratings and clickbait.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

Every Poster should read this article - at the bottom, open up the "Comments" section and read the comments.

These idiot, deluded people are alive and mentally sick and living among us. They've been cultivated and enabled by Trump and his sycophant's. Clearly there are at least a couple of them on this board!

Their best-rated comment for that story:

"If her name was Shaneekwa it would be headline news for months with burn, Loot, Murder mayhem." 

E
Legend
Legend
E

Their best-rated comment for that story:

"If her name was Shaneekwa it would be headline news for months with burn, Loot, Murder mayhem." 

That's not far from the truth.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
In Trumplandia...

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
In Trumplandia...

Also known as America.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, they're actually two different worlds. Soon though we will have Biden World.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
It's not going to get any better as soon (and already) the lower form of algae known as progressives will have issues with Biden and the left Establishment.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes they will. Just like sane republicans have issues with Trump.

#gmstrong
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Riots, Antifa, Mayhem, Destruction

Link Copied to Clipboard