Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend

Jeff Schudel
@jsproinsider
·
21m
Playing the Steelers on Jan. 10 means the #Browns will get Denzel Ward back from COVID along with linebackers B.J. Goodson and Malcolm Smith plus safety Andrew Sendejo. No Ward or Smith if the game were Saturday

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

It was a TD.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

It was a TD.

I THOUGHT IT WAS!

I remember seeing the replay and thinking “hmm, maybe my eyes were way wrong”

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
The angle they showed, and they only showed the back camera angle...he looked clearly out...but that image there looks legit, makes you wonder that coaches probably didn't see this angle as well.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What time in the game was this? 9:48

Last edited by BADdog; 01/03/21 11:47 PM.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
J\C

Thank you Browns! Playoffs!! It wasn't pretty but I don't care. Hopefully we will be near full strength for next week's game.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yes, thank you Browns!
The players especially - but also the coaching staff, support staff and everybody else. It’s been a long time.... I wore my Baker T-shirt today, a Christmas present, and I’ll be wearing it next Sunday, too.

Thanks, guys, everyone on the team.
Let’s beat them again!

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Fan in the stand captured it as well.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Ref right there staring at his feet, no way he missed that.

I'M SHOCKED, ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED THAT THE REFS MADE A CALL THAT WAS WRONG AND HELPED THE STEELERS

guess what?

PLAYOFFS!!!!

Legend
Legend
So we play on Sunday at 8:15. Let's go Browns!

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Not sure if the ball has been caught from that angle.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
brownie

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

I miss you, Jordan Cameron!

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Good to be there. One step closer, but remember, anything less than a SB victory is a failed season.

That said....YES!!

In general I would agree but for us this is a success no matter what.

All the misery, heartbreak, failed qb's, and coaches that we've had. We finally have a cohesive unit and are building some continuity. It's a success no matter what in my eyes and we finally have a future to build on.

This is a much better roster than the last time we made it, the 2002 team was just a bunch of free agents brought in and a lot of lucky wins. this team was built through drafts and we have a legit young exciting coach who usually calls a good game. Although I questioned alot of his calls today I'm sure there was a reason.

Just a lot to look forward to!

That is why I said YES!

No doubt failure comes in degrees. You have win 11 regular season games and make the playoffs...then fail...which we may not....or you have 0-16 Hue Jackson failure. No doubt one is better than the other, so yes, this season has been defined no matter what we do moving forward.

Just a note of caution to those younger dawgs who haven't really experienced playoffs at this point, or since they were maybe 10 years old. Losing in the playoffs hurts way more. It makes for a LONG off season.

When you suck, at least good draft position gives you some hope. When you are picking at 20 or higher, draft talk isn't as fun. It's much harder to discuss because you don't have any real idea who might be there. When you pick 4th, you know one of these 4 guys is going to be there. You don't have any real degree of certainty until teams are on the clock and you are about 3-4 picks away from your pick.

The talk turns more in to positional needs, but the further down the draft board you slide, the more best player available comes in to play. You may not be able to incorporate needs as much in to the pick as you can when picking near the top.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
That is too funny...YES, THE PLAYOFFS!...

I want to take this opportunity to congratulate the team, the players and the coaching staff for the outstanding job they turned in under some unreal and unusual conditions, never experienced before this year.

Coach Stafanski and his entire coaching staff along with all involved in attempting to keep the team covid free...congratulations on making the playoffs.

Personally, for my family, it has been an entire generation since the Browns have made a playoff appearance. So far Jan.2021 is starting out just fine. grin

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Legend
Legend
B
JC....just to talk about some of the game, one play really impressed me.

Maybe mid 1st quarter, Phillips was like a heat seeking missile going to his right to stuff the runner on a sweep. The kid was flying.

Very impressive.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Thank you Kevin Stefanski.

First time head coach who got the job when he couldn't even shake hands with his players.

Make no mistake this was a difficult job. So many new things to deal with. No way to prepare yourself for what went on this season.

Covid was a major obstacle. Injuries by the truck loads.

Never lost two in a row. Amazing accomplishment.

Thanks again Kevin.

You got my vote for coach of the year no matter who wins that.

Legend
Legend

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Well said Mac ... I agree with you.

I couldn’t help but think of my grandfather, who watched EVERY snap in his life. We had a tradition of golfing and/or going to breakfast every Sunday, and then watching the game.

He passed away 5 years ago ... he’d have been so happy.

Or my uncles and father who are in their 50s and 60s ... last time the Browns were relevant they were younger than I am now!

I know every family has similar stories.

Legend
Legend
NFL Wildcard Weekend lines (BetOnline):

Colts @ Bills -6.5
Rams @ Seahawks -4.5
Buccaneers @ Washington +7.5
Ravens @ Titans +3.5
Bears @ Saints -9.5
Browns @ Steelers -3.5

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I am THRILLED to be in the playoffs again! The last time we made the playoffs was a wife and two kids ago for me.

On a side note, has there been any explanation as to why we went away from Chubb in the game?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
All Pro
All Pro
Wow. I was a college junior last time in 2002. Nearly half my lifetime ago now.

[Linked Image]

When it gets cold and snows and the wind blows, you gotta be able to run the ball. - TR
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I am THRILLED to be in the playoffs again! The last time we made the playoffs was a wife and two kids ago for me.

On a side note, has there been any explanation as to why we went away from Chubb in the game?

Wondered the same...Seems like once he hit the 1k yard mark, we pulled him mostly from the game...some say maybe coach didn't want to show his cards with Chubb? Maybe...

Outside thought I was thinking perhaps Hunt has some contract incentives and perhaps trying help him obtain those as well? Probably not likely though...just guess work

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

was going to post something about this. I know they like to rotate the backs, And I heard some say they was trying to save Chubb but it was cut way to close if this is the reason. Chubb was getting 8yd clips even at the end when the Steelers were trying. Hunt could barely gain 2yds. It was painful watching! I was screaming PUT CHUBB IN THE FREAKING GAME!!!!!

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Jeff Schudel
@jsproinsider
·
21m
Playing the Steelers on Jan. 10 means the #Browns will get Denzel Ward back from COVID with linebackers B.J. Goodson and Malcolm Smith plus safety Andrew Sendejo. No Ward or Smith if the game were Saturday

And zero fans will be in Heinz Field...

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 01/04/21 10:54 AM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, I was saying the same thing. Their running styles are so different.

Pittsburgh obviously comes off the snap very aggressive on defense. Hunt hits the hole very aggressively. With him, it seemed like two forces just going right toward each other, with Pittsburgh coming out on top.

Chubb is much more patient, which I think goes well against Pittsburgh. They come in aggressively, which usually means they have lost integrity somewhere, and he is able to find that flaw with his patience. It coincides well with the outside zone scheme.

It happened yesterday, and it has happened all season. You see him get chunks of yards at 3-8 yards, then all of a sudden, boom! Defense gets tired, lazy, or overly aggressive and they shoot the wrong gap and he rips off a 30+ yarder.

He's also much more fun to watch when he gets into the secondary. You can almost sense those CBs and safeties just going "Aw, crap!"

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg

Jeff Schudel
@jsproinsider
·
21m
Playing the Steelers on Jan. 10 means the #Browns will get Denzel Ward back from COVID with linebackers B.J. Goodson and Malcolm Smith plus safety Andrew Sendejo. No Ward or Smith if the game were Saturday

And zero fans will be in Heinz Field...

If I'm not mistaken Pittsburgh will allow some fans for the playoff game. Not sure how many.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

yeah.. I had just gotten married adn didn't have my two boys.... just crazy... what i'm really excited about too is the foundation that has been created (finally). We have a young team and young coaching staff... this could be a solid team for years... probably is the AFC North is going to be tough for several years to come.

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

@Kareemhunt7
absolutely erases Avery Williamson to spring
@bakermayfield
for the 1st. As Baker pointed out in his post game presser, you could hear the crack of the pads from the damn moon. He smacked him into next weeks playoff game.

https://twitter.com/_CLEology/status/1346136348919554048

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Hunt’s block was exceptional

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Agreed Rish. We can't put teams away even the bad ones. It always comes down to the wire even against the bad ones. We always give up long plays and points right before the half and our tackling isn't good. We are in the playoffs and I'm as happy as anyone but we won't get far playing like this.

If you're ahead when the final whistle blows, you put them away. I'm amazed that people care more about style points than wins. Simply amazing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Hunt’s block was exceptional

You can see the determination from the get go on that one...Him and Conklin did an exceptional job on that...For a RT to go chase down a CB for a block, no small feat.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Starting yesterday, style points no longer matter(ed).

Win and you keep playing. Doesn't matter how you win.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Steelers 22 Postgame Discussion - PLAYOFFS!

Link Copied to Clipboard