Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I guess sharing sweat isn't a problem.

Yeah, I know, right? Sharing sweat, lots of continuous labored breathing on and at each other, etc...

My guess is that if they had actually implemented sensible definitions, they wouldn't have been able to have a season at all. So, to facilitate being able to get through this, they REALLY relaxed that definition.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
If Bitonio is out we're cooked. Hayward will be pummeling Baker all day. Bitonio struggles with him, who's his back-up?

Be happy we are 11-5 five, because with Stephanski out, and Bitonio out, Ward still possibly being out. Kevin Johnson out. We will not have the tools to beat them.

Tough reality to face, but it is what it is.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'll tell you ONE THING....

Looks like the NFL will make sure PITTSBURGH HAS NO COVID CASES!

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Exactly. Well if a young team learns, gets tougher, and solidifies through adversity then we should have no problem becoming a perennial playoff contender in the near future.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
This game is going to look like the games when we were really bad playing them with a 3rd string QB and they had a very good team. Miserable rotten luck!!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
I'll tell you ONE THING....

Looks like the NFL will make sure PITTSBURGH HAS NO COVID CASES!

If it were the other way around you can make damn sure the game would be moved. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC.
Anytime I read someone put a letter p in Kevin Stefanski's name I think they are just another teams' fan.

Legend
Legend

With all our starters that are currently on the roster able to play we are a good team.

Not elite because we just don't have the players on defense.

However, we are not good enough to handle covid.

We already lost Vernon. Who has played really well.

We can't lose players like Ward and Bitonio as well. We are not alone. Most teams don't have that kind of depth either.

This is the playoffs not regular season.

Hubbard would have been adequate. And quite frankly not good enough.

Michael Dunn is a former free agent sign on who has been cut more than he has played. Bitonio is a pro bowl player.

The Steelers will attack that area all day.

It will kill the run game to the left side. It will open Baker to pressure and sacks.

I wish I could sugar coat this. And say we can handle it.

We can't.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Where it all went down!

Jimmy has it.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
aditi is one of the biggest Steeler homers and mouthpieces in the NFL. She is all about pittsburgh ... always taking any chance to prop them up. I don’t buy her comment.

Aditi covers the Browns better than Clevelands beat reporters. I will take her coverage over Mary Kay's "Can Confirm" reporting All Day Long.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They need to reschedule this game!

P
Legend
Legend
P
As sad as it is to say, I agree with you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
If Bitonio is out we're cooked. Hayward will be pummeling Baker all day. Bitonio struggles with him, who's his back-up?

Be happy we are 11-5 five, because with Stephanski out, and Bitonio out, Ward still possibly being out. Kevin Johnson out. We will not have the tools to beat them.

Tough reality to face, but it is what it is.

His back up is Pee Wee Her,man. Hell we were missing out top three backups last week.

Lets Change our name to the Baltimore Ravens and they will postpone the game. As long as we remain the Cleveland Browns the NFL will continue to break one off in our backside.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
such organizational failure. all good feelings about making playoffs ofcourse gone with the imminent beat down that is going to occur. Best thing to hope for is alot of steelers end up out for covid too. Don't believe for a second this is all community spread.. I guarantee its a facility issue. Because we know everyone is wearing masks and staying away from people when they are away from the facility right? rolleyes

Speak for yourself. I'm still proud that they made the playoffs. Not everyone slides into the pit of despair as quickly as you.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

As a result of the Covid news, the line has moved from -4.5 to -6.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
When it hits -20 I will take the Browns.... MAYBE.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm waiting until -7.5. Then the mortgage is on the line.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
I'm waiting until -7.5. Then the mortgage is on the line.

Browns will need more than that unless Pittsburgh suffers a few losses due to COVID. The back end wasn't going to keep up with the Steelers WRs anyway. If the Browns can't run or use play action they are done. This could get ugly in a hurry. UGH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Legend
Legend
I feel bad for Bitonio, but he can Skype Joe Thomas during the game and they can watch together.

Browns is the Browns

D
Legend
Legend
D
Why couldn't Stefanski just coach remotely while watching on TV, remote cell phone to a sideline cell phone? I know about the cell phone rules (Ray Farmer), but certainly the League could allow that exception to the Browns, given the extreme circumstances, if they aren't willing to play the game Monday or Tuesday.

V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Too bad we can't unretire Joe for a game. Just kidding. Does anyone know Nick Harris status? Is he even able to play? And can Teller move over to LG? What are our options?

Last edited by vadawgfan07; 01/05/21 04:18 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
Too bad we can unretire Joe for a game. Just kidding. Does anyone know Nick Harris status? Is he even able to play? And can Teller move over to LG? What are our options?

Was listening to CBD on the way home from the office and they were interviewing, now an analyst, John Greco. He led the talk saying people have inundated his tweeter feed asking him to suit up.

Kinda funny.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
j/c:

So far it doesn't look like the game will be rescheduled:

Cleveland Browns suffer COVID-19 outbreak before the team's first playoff appearance in 17 years as head coach Kevin Stefanski and two players test positive - but the NFL says the game will NOT be postponed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...rance-2002.html

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07
Too bad we can unretire Joe for a game. Just kidding. Does anyone know Nick Harris status? Is he even able to play? And can Teller move over to LG? What are our options?

Was listening to CBD on the way home from the office and they were interviewing, now an analyst, John Greco. He led the talk saying people have inundated his tweeter feed asking him to suit up.

Kinda funny.

Oh, and for those that don't know what CBD is, it's "Covid Browns Daily".

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

I am not a half empty person. Never have been.

I always take the approach to deal with adversity. "Maybe the third stringer just needs a chance to prove himself."

In this case I can't honestly do that.

Ward is a must. So is Bitonio. Vernon was a huge hit. He is very good at closing the edge. And has done well rushing the passer.

These guys are very good players. The drop off is huge.

At least with Vernon we have Clayborn a veteran. He will be alright.

Michael Dunn is a undrafted free agent who has very limited experience going against a great front player in Heyward.

JC will have his hands full with Alualu.

Even playing double TE's is not going to get it. Watt alone on the other side is enough to handle for Conklin.

Can't hide from reality on this one.

The Steelers would have to lay an egg. I mean three turnovers with sevens put up.

Crying shame. 18 years. That is a kid being born and then graduating from high school.

Makes me sick.

1st String
1st String
the NFL can't implement a way for him to coach remotely? have him monitored for ensure no cheating happens (not saying he would)? put him in an isolated box somewhere? if there's a will there's a way, especially that he's asymptomatic. There are ways to do this safely. the NFL would do it for BB if this were the case in New England. they could make this happened if they absolutely wanted to.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Michael Dunn is a undrafted free agent who has very limited experience going against a great front player in Heyward.

That is a frightening thought.

However, if we've seen anything from Baker, he does extremely well in the PA and rolling out. I'm not saying he is going to be doing this every passing play but maybe/hopefully we see it a bit more....to the right. Perhaps more shotgun and quick releases, screens, dump offs & prays, etc.

Having someone like Dunn in there easily could negatively impact the entire Center-to-LT side of the line.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Cleveland Browns suffer COVID-19 outbreak before the team's first playoff appearance in 17 years as head coach Kevin Stefanski and two players test positive - but the NFL says the game will NOT be postponed

Please only only hold your breath unless you can do so till you die and you want to do so.

The NFl will not postpone this game (IMO) They don't give a crap about Cleveland and they never will. On the Bright side many of the Browns players are already fired up about next season and I think we have a shot to go all the way in the 2021/2022 season.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

So some guy eats a bat half a world away 16 months ago and now it may knock the Browns out of playoffs after an 18 year drought? Of course!

Oy vey.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Yeah because we are not the Steelers or ravens. Am I still crazy for thinking that the samples ate being tampered with?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: slick
Am I still crazy for thinking that the samples ate being tampered with?

Yes. This is as bad for the NFL as it is the Browns.

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Crying shame. 18 years. That is a kid being born and then graduating from high school.
[/color]

My son was born in July 2002, was around for that Buckeyes championship and the playoff game, albeit only 6 months old or so.... He just graduated in May and is off at Navy school now...

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: slick
Am I still crazy for thinking that the samples ate being tampered with?

Yes. This is as bad for the NFL as it is the Browns.

If someone on this medical company hired by Goodell to do the testing is doing this intentionally how would the nfl know? All players on nfl are being tested every day. . Who is watching the people doing the tests? The ones responsible for handling and disposing of samples? To many variables. 18 hours before the jets game is when this truely started. Despite our best efforts it keeps getting worse. I'm done believing it's a coincidence

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
You assume the NFL doesn't know.
It seems to me to be a great tool to be used to add additional drama/storylines while influencing/manipulating betting lines.

Browns is the Browns

1st String
1st String
Didn't Bitonio get the game ball with a big "you're going to the playoffs" by Coach? The fact that he can't play breaks my heart. This is the worst!

Legend
Legend
Yes, he did. That is NOT how he contracted it. He would have had to have already had it at that point in order to test positive yesterday/today.

Browns is the Browns

1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Yes, he did. That is NOT how he contracted it. He would have had to have already had it at that point in order to test positive yesterday/today.

im not saying thats how it was transmitted, im just saying it sucks for our longest tenured Brown to not be able to play in his first ever nfl playoff game. it's just a crap situation all around. he was welcomed to the playoffs but can't even play.

A
Legend
Legend
A
On top of that, I read recently that corona is NOT as transmissible from hard surfaces as previously thought. As in, I think it was the cdc, said "don't waste your time disinfecting door knobs, counters" etc.

Wash your hands, wear a mask (cause those are fool proof, right) etc.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen
Didn't Bitonio get the game ball with a big "you're going to the playoffs" by Coach? The fact that he can't play breaks my heart. This is the worst!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen

that’s sad for Joel

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns/COVID | Part 2 | UGH

Link Copied to Clipboard