Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The Browns are rolling right now.............

I would not want to play them if I were the Chiefs.

They toyed with Pittsburg like a cat taunting a half dead mouse they could have put up far more points then they did.

If the Chief aren't at the very top of their game they will get steam rolled.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I doubt there will be any steamrolling this week on either side, but I do think we can compete with them. I also think this will be our toughest game to date, but about the same as the Ravens. IMHO we have a 50-50 chance at best. but anything can happen on gameday, anything.

Legend
Legend
Obviously a lot of this has to do with how teams defend KC ... they dare them to try and control the ball and dink and dunk down the field ... whereas teams treat us the opposite.

Keeping Mahomes inside the hashes also is a key component to this

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I just watched three of their games they are either playing cat and mouse or they aren't as tough as people think. That is MO by the way we for sure will see on Sunday, but the Browns are more then capable of handling the Chiefs, the key for them on offense is Kelce stop PM's safety blanket and you will slow them down. Make PM look elsewhere. Hill is unbelievably fast and of concern but from what I saw Kelce is the key. I take him away if at all possible. I put Phillip's and Harrison on him and roll coverages from the inside try to bring coverage from the opposite side Kelce is moving to and get PM in a situation where he doesn't see the coverages rolling in on Kelce.

Again it's about the Brown's conceding yardage while making then have to dink and dunk their way down the field tackling and looking for the turnover will be key. We don't have the horses to hang with them on defense but what we can do is take some gambles and look for the big play.

JMHO

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

For now I am very calm. Of course by game time that will change.

IMO we actually match-up pretty well with the reigning champs.

We had to have Ward back and he is. So important because without him we would have gotten burnt bad deep.

Like we both stated Kelce is Mahomes security blanket. He is the one guy we have to take away. He is the go-to on third downs and key situations.

KC is in for a handful against our offense. They will struggle against our rushing attack. That will create throwing options. Mathieu is a good player and Baker needs to pay attention to him. Baker will be made aware he has to look for him. Pump fakes and eye use are important. Baker can not stare down receivers. He will know that.

I have no doubt that we can match them in scoring.

We have to create more opportunities on offense. We need some stops or turnovers. And when we get them we have to convert them to TD's.

We are fully capable to win this game.

In fact I want them and am glad we are playing them.
===================================================

The X factor in the AFC is Lamar. Because there is not much you can do when he runs. When they spread the field and he is in space. It doesn't seem like anyone can tackle him.

I would rather face the Bills. Not that they are a cakewalk but they are more conventional.

Legend
Legend
Like we just did with Pittsburgh, this will all start up front with us committing to being the bully and dominating the LoS on both sides.

If we allow any part of our lines to get pushed around, we will suffer for it.

With Kelce and Hill, we need to be physical right at the snap - jam them HARD, push them backwards on EVERY snap, even if that means one guy plays up to jam then passes them off to someone else. Disrupt the timing, get them frustrated. Make them earn every step in those first five yards of movement.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
See, I could see playing them physical off the line as working better vs Pitt, as their offense is more quick-pass and therefore timing-based (and they ended up playing super-duper prevent-type D, so shows what I know).

KC and Mahommes seem to prefer the longer pass plays where it's less about timing and more about both QB and receivers improvising and making a positive play out of chaos (a better version, perhaps, of what Pitt used to do with a younger Big Ben?).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
It's more about being the bully. Beat them up, make them work for everything, and disrupt the first few seconds in the hopes the pass rush can make something happen... either a sack or a hurry. If we can play them physical like that and keep Mahommes in the pocket without bringing blitzes, I think that gives us an advantage.

If they're getting off the line and into their routes with ease, they're just going with the flow; you're not forcing them to react, you're the one reacting. The more you force all of them to react, the less likely they all react the same and we see them make mistakes.... receiver goes one way where QB expected them to go another, but receiver went that way because of how he was getting jammed, etc.... plus, if you can get them to overwork a Hammy, that's not a bad thing at all.

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
It's more about being the bully.

Agree here - physicality is so important. The Baldy Breakdown on the OL play vs Pit showed a lot of that. Even Njoku and others chipping in and setting the tone with legal physicality. Hope we see more of it.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
One thing I'm worried about is the amount of time Reid has had to scheme up some misdirection plays. Our defense has had some pretty bad discipline throughout the course of the season, in terms of sticking with assignments and "doing your job." The second Ravens game is a good example.

In my limited view of Chiefs games this season, I have been very impressed with a lot of the misdirection plays that Reid has dialed up. I hope that our guys maintain their integrity if/when those plays happen against us.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yeah and he has even longer to prepare! ... they’re always so creative and versatile in the red zone especially ... and w/the screen game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
He has had an extra week to prepare, but the possibilities are that they could have faced us, the Titans, the Colts, or the Ravens, depending on who won. It's no like they could take that extra week and just prepare for us.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Yeah for sure .. he probably actually thought we were the last team they’d play

Legend
Legend
He's had three years to scheme up more of those. He might add a wrinkle here or there, but I wouldn't expect some new shocker of a design. They are what has been working for them all season long, and for the past two to three years.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
This is going to be a challenge. Soft zone won't get it done. Hope we press more.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
This is going to be a challenge. Soft zone won't get it done. Hope we press more.

Soft zone will get us killed.
I think I agree with the umbrella scheme idea, but we need a big game from our DLine.

I hope Joe Woods is working overtime to see what sorts of things they're susceptible to when it comes to giving up pressures and sacks. Is it pure size, is it stunts, is it techniques, it is nothing more than matchups? Can we take advantage of Schwartz being out? Who is his backup?

On offense... I've seen where they can really get pressure, but at the same time, they're a group of no-names to me. Other than Honey Badger, I don't recognize a single name on their roster. Does anyone know anything about them? How are their CBs and Safeties? How do we stack up?

Browns is the Browns

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Vegas opened at Chiefs -10.......

.......still hanging at Chiefs -10.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I really think Cleveland can dictate a great deal of this game in terms of tone and pace. I don't see anyone truly bottling up this offense and KC D isn't Pittsburg and we made them look weak.

The defense has to be aggressive and try to create turnovers it will likely be a long afternoon for them.

I try like hell to take Kelce away and I take risks with everything else really pressure their offense and tackling needs to be on point.

I thought about this game long and hard and I watched KC they can be beat and we actually matchup really well with them. Nothing is guaranteed but I really like our chances.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

L
Legend
Legend
L
I say we just keep running the damn ball. Hunt and Chubb running behind the Union?

No problemo.

Play action with Bake - he’s been very dangerous since late October - and control the clock. The Chiefs will get some points of course, but their run D sucks, so smash em in the face. No one wants to say it out loud - and I understand that - but we might be going to the Super Bowl.
I’m tired of worrying about jinxes... we are good to go.

We have that kind of team. Beat KC, we’re going to Tampa.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

O
Legend
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Watching the KC vs Baltimore game ... Tedric Thompson actually made a few plays. I thought he didn’t even exist haha

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I love this guy. I think he is really, really good.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I know he is good in his insight but for me too much talk. I do not respond well with audio. Example in college had GirlFriend take notes and I would then read and study them rather than listen to lecture. I remember visually, taking tests cant say how many times I was accused of cheating as I would write word for word what was in the text book as my visual memory is outstanding compared to audio.

So for me its hard for me to listen several minutes about the Trickery of the Chiefs rather than a video of that trickery. that is just me and not this guys problem but my own.

My attention span sucks...lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

As each day passes I grow in confidence.

Not from X's and O's.

In the Steeler game Collinsworth and Michael's keep going to the well with Cleveland came ready to play.

Ready to play. That is what Kevin Stefanski has made this team. He has shown them "how to prepare."

How to block out everything but preparing to beat the team you play. Injuries, covid, press, last game, next game none of that matters. Be ready to play.

The Browns do not need motivation. They are plenty motivated. They don't need "win it for the gipper."

The Browns work. They work on how to beat the team you play.

They have overcome major obstacles. And now they have embraced the role of underdawgs. Us against the world. Nobody believes in us but us.

Sounds hooky but JuJu lite a flame. And so it goes.

So yes I feel confident. The Browns will come ready to play.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
He's had three years to scheme up more of those. He might add a wrinkle here or there, but I wouldn't expect some new shocker of a design. They are what has been working for them all season long, and for the past two to three years.

Yeah, it's the wrinkles I'm worried about.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So based on that, we’d look something like:

DL: Garrett - Ogunjobi - Richardson - Clayborn

LB: Joseph - Goodson

CB: Ward - Mitchell - Johnson

S: Sendejo - Harrison

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
and what do we say to the God of Death?

Not Today...

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

So happy Bitonio activated off covid list per NBC

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

So stoked. Ward and Bitonio were really important to get back for this game.

Conklin and the others nursing injuries will most likely be ready to play.

We should have close to all our starters for this game minus OV.

The secondary which has gotten torched is somewhat in tact.

We have our linebackers. This is about as healthy as we have been.

So I am optimistic. I really believe we can win this game.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I try like hell to take Kelce away and I take risks with everything else

Kelce and Hill are both in the top 5 in the NFL in catches over 20 yards. Kelce has over 1400 yards (11 TDs) and Hill has over 1200 (15 TDs).. beyond that there is a gigantic drop off to the next best target. I don't know how you focus on one deep threat and one TE at the same time, while trying to stop the run.. but that's the challenge and that's why so few team are able to do it. You need high quality players at every level of the defense..

yebat' Putin
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

I have been waiting impatiently for the news about Ward and Bitonio.

All clear ready to go.

OK. I am going full Joe Namath.

The Cleveland Browns are going to win this game.

"I guarantee it."

Head on the block. I don't care. I fully believe we will win.

Legend
Legend
It is definitely a tall order. I don't think you can ever completely take away either of them. I think the best you can hope for is to take away at least one on each play, and maybe get lucky and take away both at the same time once or twice a series.

In the end, it will all begin and end with our DLine. If they don't get it done, then we're done.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend

Adam Teicher
@adamteicher
Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Sammy Watkins and Willie Gay did not practice today. Watkins and Gay will be listed as out for Sunday's game but the Chiefs aren't going there with CEH yet. Possible he could play.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The best chance we have is if we can run the ball down their throats just like some mediocre Steelers teams did it to the powerful 49er's in a couple of games in the "80's. That was true then and is true now. Being able to run the ball consistently against a strong opponent is a big key in a game like this. There are other factors too but I think this is the biggest. JMO

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

I don't have a twitter feed.

Can someone post Baldy's Breakdowns on recent browns games ?

Does Baldy have anything out for the KC browns match-up?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We aren't going there to kiss their rings or their Lombardi we are going their to take their Lombardi.

Is it going to be easy? Hell no and that's why it's so much fun. The Chiefs and the Browns are going to take their best shots and I believe when this is over we will hand them their asses.

The Browns just need to be the Browns that will do just fine. I hate making prediction but I love our chances.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Gameday vs Kansas City Onward to Kansas City

Link Copied to Clipboard